rwo power
milanfan7
stunt
StrugaRock
emassy
62 posters

Page 6 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Go down

The official champions league knock out stage thread - Page 6 Empty Re: The official champions league knock out stage thread

Post by Adit Tue Feb 21, 2012 7:37 pm

Gladiator wrote:What are people talking about? Real Madrid didn't even play with 11 mean behind the ball, not once and Albiol was brought on because Khedira and Alonso were getting overrun.
Albilol shouldve introduced to midfield not for back line.We gave far too much space in midfield after that change.

Adit
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

http://www.realmadridfootballblog.com

Back to top Go down

The official champions league knock out stage thread - Page 6 Empty Re: The official champions league knock out stage thread

Post by II Capitano Tue Feb 21, 2012 7:41 pm

Adit wrote:
Gladiator wrote:What are people talking about? Real Madrid didn't even play with 11 mean behind the ball, not once and Albiol was brought on because Khedira and Alonso were getting overrun.
Albilol shouldve introduced to midfield not for back line.We gave far too much space in midfield after that change.

Albiol was only on for seven minutes. In those minutes, Real Madrid didn't give away too much space, what you on about, man? Albiol wasn't even operating as a centre-back until the final delivery from Honda, I believe. In those seven minutes, Real Madrid had a great chance to seal the game, which fell to Kaka, but decided to go it all himself.
II Capitano
II Capitano
Starlet
Starlet

Club Supported : Marseille

Back to top Go down

Post by donttreadonred Tue Feb 21, 2012 7:44 pm

Adit wrote:

This is the problem with strictly trying to defend a lead. you sit too deep and invite pressure on the back line. When you do that, you risk any mistake being turned into points. Moreover, if you're just sitting deep and NOT getting 10 or 11 between the ball and goal, then you are REALLY inviting pressure. That leaves far to much space.

:facepalm: Perhaps Mourinho should sneak into the Britannia instead of Stamford Bridge.
The official champions league knock out stage thread - Page 6 Fulham-v-Chelsea-Jose-Mourinho-watching-on_2563363
donttreadonred
donttreadonred
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by Adit Tue Feb 21, 2012 7:50 pm

Gladiator wrote:
Adit wrote:

Albiol was only on for seven minutes. In those minutes, Real Madrid didn't give away too much space, what you on about, man? Albiol wasn't even operating as a centre-back until the final delivery from Honda, I believe. In those seven minutes, Real Madrid had a great chance to seal the game, which fell to Kaka, but decided to go it all himself.
Albiol was playing deep and we formed a 5 man back line and played 523 in the dying minutes.
Adit
Adit
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Borussia Mönchengladbach

http://www.realmadridfootballblog.com

Back to top Go down

Post by II Capitano Tue Feb 21, 2012 7:50 pm

donttreadonred wrote:
Adit wrote:

This is the problem with strictly trying to defend a lead. you sit too deep and invite pressure on the back line. When you do that, you risk any mistake being turned into points. Moreover, if you're just sitting deep and NOT getting 10 or 11 between the ball and goal, then you are REALLY inviting pressure. That leaves far to much space.

:facepalm: Perhaps Mourinho should sneak into the Britannia instead of Stamford Bridge.
The official champions league knock out stage thread - Page 6 Fulham-v-Chelsea-Jose-Mourinho-watching-on_2563363

Yes, true, but that isn't the reason for CSKA levelling the score in the last minutes, it has nothing to do with bringing Albiol on. What it has to do with is the organisational skills, Real Madrid have conceded far too many goals from set pieces this season, it's a really worry.
II Capitano
II Capitano
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by II Capitano Tue Feb 21, 2012 7:51 pm

Adit wrote:
Gladiator wrote:
Adit wrote:

Albiol was playing deep and we formed a 5 man back line and played 523 in the dying minutes.
In the dying minutes, but not when he was instantly brought on...
II Capitano
II Capitano
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by II Capitano Tue Feb 21, 2012 7:51 pm

It was a decent game, mostly a one-sided affair with Real Madrid easily dominating the game. There was a lack of drive coming from the CSKA Moscow players I felt and from the manager himself - Slutsky - brilliant name - was reluctant to introduce a striker until the 80th minute. I was impressed with Pepe, Ramos, Khedira, Xabi Alonso and Ronaldo, and thought by and large that Pepe was man of the match. Both, Pepe and Ramos, were fantastic, partly down to CSKA's inability to spark danger, partly down to the sheer brilliance of the two. Khedira did his fair share of work, his industriousness was on show once again and should be starting more with Xabi Alonso in central midfield. Xabi Alonso dictated play well - his array of passing on display, having his best season with Real Madrid. Ronaldo didn't have much to do, but scored the crucial away goal. In addition to this, he squandered a couple of chances, but you can't really blame him. The poorest player for me was Coentrao. Made some poor tackles and looked second best, at times.

The physical condition of the pitch was dire. Real Madrid's rhythm was hindered, we seen too many misplaced passes in the first half and, from my perspective, it looks pretty awkward running on the field. Finally, organisational skills need to be worked upon. So many times we have seen Real Madrid conceded from set pieces this season. Mourinho has to focus his attention on this.
II Capitano
II Capitano
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by white_star Tue Feb 21, 2012 8:28 pm

Russian winter like I said. The pitch was probably bad because of the winter. Madrid have an away goal and should win comfortably at home.
white_star
white_star
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Shakhtar Donetsk

Back to top Go down

Post by BarcaLearning Tue Feb 21, 2012 10:30 pm

HAHAHAHAHAHAHA @ Real, I enjoyed the late equaliser.... oh well, Real should still win it obviously... but that was enjoyable...I mean they cant just win every game apart from vs Barca Very Happy
BarcaLearning
BarcaLearning
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by Zealous Tue Feb 21, 2012 10:33 pm

Great football match.

Real Madrid the great entertainers :bow:
Zealous
Zealous
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Tue Feb 21, 2012 10:35 pm

I want to see Madrid v Napoli, not because i think Napoli can KO them or anything but because i believe it would be a very entertaining game.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG

Back to top Go down

Post by Pedram Tue Feb 21, 2012 10:37 pm

I want too see a Milan vs Madrid again. :bow:
Pedram
Pedram
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Zealous Tue Feb 21, 2012 10:38 pm

Great Leader Sprucenuce wrote:I want to see Madrid v Napoli, not because i think Napoli can KO them or anything but because i believe it would be a very entertaining game.

Would be a cracker. They could knock us out you know if we don't finish our chances and they finish theirs. (oh there will be loads of chances lol)
Zealous
Zealous
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Tue Feb 21, 2012 10:40 pm

Patooooooooooooooooo
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by Ganso Tue Feb 21, 2012 10:40 pm

i also want to see milan vs madrid.....milan vs bayern would be great too

dont want to see Milan vs Barca again anytime soon though lol

I also dont want to face inter or napoli

(sorry arsenal fans,i just dont see you guys making a comeback)
Ganso
Ganso
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Tue Feb 21, 2012 10:42 pm

we dont see a comeback either so dont worry
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Tue Feb 21, 2012 11:00 pm

Wernbloom is a registered member of Real Madrid fan club in sweden Very Happy

he deceived us Very Happy
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by shinigami99 Tue Feb 21, 2012 11:46 pm

Teams wearing Red and Blue kits have always deceived Madrd :vagi:

(levante, Barca and now CSKA)
shinigami99
shinigami99
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Zealous Wed Feb 22, 2012 12:14 am

Let's hope we don't play Basel, the red blue OG's. :vagi:
Zealous
Zealous
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by VivaStPauli Wed Feb 22, 2012 12:15 am

Basel are even called FCB. Don't let yourselves be deceived.
VivaStPauli
VivaStPauli
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : FC St. Pauli

Back to top Go down

Post by _LMG_10_ Wed Feb 22, 2012 4:13 am

I don't think it'll be that easy for Bayern Munich in Basel. Basel have huge confidence now after dispatching Manchester United.

Check out these previews:

http://www.tenmillionslaves.com/fc-basel-vs-bayern-munich/

http://www.tenmillionslaves.com/bayern-vs-basel/

_LMG_10_
Starlet
Starlet

http://www.eurofootballweb.com

Back to top Go down

Post by rwo power Wed Feb 22, 2012 9:45 am

I doubt anyone at Bayern will underestimate Basel after they kicked out ManUtd. I think it will be a cracking match - with FCB as the winner Razz
rwo power
rwo power
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Club Supported : Asante Kotoko

Back to top Go down

Post by la bestia negra Wed Feb 22, 2012 9:56 am

rwo power wrote:with FCB as the winner
:vagi:

hmm but okay now im confused
la bestia negra
la bestia negra
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Chelsea

Back to top Go down

Post by rwo power Wed Feb 22, 2012 10:12 am

supra969 wrote:but okay now im confused
I guess that's because we currently have three FCBs in the CL Very Happy
By the way, I'm still all for an FCB-FCB final with FCB winning that, too banana
rwo power
rwo power
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Club Supported : Asante Kotoko

Back to top Go down

Post by Mamad Wed Feb 22, 2012 10:15 am

Russian Winter deceived us :facepalm:
Mamad
Mamad
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by billy_gr Wed Feb 22, 2012 10:29 am

Russian Winter didn’t stop 10 man Olympiacos from beating Rubin

Olympiacos
:bow:
billy_gr
billy_gr
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 6 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next