OFFICIAL make Eman the new face of Toronto FC Thread!

4 posters

Go down

OFFICIAL make Eman the new face of Toronto FC Thread! Empty OFFICIAL make Eman the new face of Toronto FC Thread!

Post by Eman Tue Feb 14, 2012 4:00 am

I just got an email from my university's business career services that simply makes my balls tingle.
Maple Leaf Sports & Entertainment is looking for the next face of Toronto FC and we have the inside scoop.

The next face of TFC will get to:

· Be involved in broadcast
· Interview players
· Host their matches and events
· Travel with the club

We want one of our U of W students to get it!

The search begins Wednesday, February 15th at noon on facebook.com/torontofc.

If you want to start a career in marketing, sports management, broadcast, or media then this is your chance to make the jump. If you just love sports and want to be out of the office and onto the pitch, go for it!

We’ve been told it only takes a minute to apply.

Odette students, we’re giving you the exclusive information before it goes public:
On February 15th…
· “Like” Toronto FC on Facebook
· Create a personal bio uploading a photo of yourself and a 200 word bio/why you deserve the job
· Get your friends, family, neighbors, dog and cat to vote for you.

Start thinking about the photo and bio now, so that on Wednesday you can get the early jump, leave an impression and get those votes in.

Although not all finalists are chosen by vote, the top vote-getters will be guaranteed to move on. A number of others will be chosen by a TFC Talent Search Committee.

Make us proud and let’s get one of you that dream job!
I do not expect to win, because frankly this is going to turn into a popularity contest as all Facebook competitions do, but I do plan on telling everyone (including my dog) about it and getting them to vote for me.

I will make a profile this Wednesday and do what I can to get as many votes as possible. I was actually planning on going into accounting with my degree, but so far I haven't had to choose a concentration yet, and my first year I was a communications/media student anyway so I have production experience like they want as a good background. Plus, my family owned a newspaper for years so I know a bit about journalism. If I do it, who here can I count on to vote for me or spread the word?

Also, does anyone have any advice on how I should advertise myself? I don't know if I should pretend I'm a massive TFC fan (I don't even have a replica kit Sad), or if I should market myself as just a general football fan, OR if I should ride the nuts of the fact that I am an Arsenal fan and try to post it to all sorts of Arsenal websites. For the record, I plan on having no shame during the advertising campaign, and frankly this beats the shit out of being an accountant for a living, so I'm open to whatever Very Happy
Eman
Eman
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

OFFICIAL make Eman the new face of Toronto FC Thread! Empty Re: OFFICIAL make Eman the new face of Toronto FC Thread!

Post by Nishankly Tue Feb 14, 2012 3:24 pm

TWITTER ALWAYS WORKS!
Got 100k hits in 24hours.

BTW CONGRATS!
Nishankly
Nishankly
Spicy Curry

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

OFFICIAL make Eman the new face of Toronto FC Thread! Empty Re: OFFICIAL make Eman the new face of Toronto FC Thread!

Post by Eman Tue Feb 14, 2012 9:36 pm

Nishank wrote:TWITTER ALWAYS WORKS!
Got 100k hits in 24hours.

BTW CONGRATS!
I have a Twitter, but I never use it hmm. I should get on that, thanks!
Eman
Eman
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Eman Wed Feb 15, 2012 9:43 pm

Here is the link to vote for me, should anyone want to help out. You can vote once per day.
https://apps.facebook.com/tfcdreamjob/contests/189938/voteable_entries/44490357

Last edited by Eman on Thu Feb 16, 2012 2:51 am; edited 1 time in total
Eman
Eman
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by fatman123 Wed Feb 15, 2012 10:26 pm

dude post this htread in the general section, nobody will see it here
fatman123
fatman123
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Corinthians

Back to top Go down

Post by Eman Wed Feb 15, 2012 10:36 pm

fatman123 wrote:dude post this htread in the general section, nobody will see it here
I did, and I wanted everyone to see it, but the mods moved it Sad
Eman
Eman
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Nishankly Fri Feb 24, 2012 11:10 am

I voted :bow: :bow:
Nishankly
Nishankly
Spicy Curry

Back to top Go down

Post by Eman Fri Feb 24, 2012 6:00 pm

Nishank wrote:I voted :bow: :bow:
:bow:

It never really picked up for me yet tbh. Most of my Facebook friends decided to vote for either this one guy I know from school ('Making an impact, not the Montreal way though') or another girl who went to my high school - which pisses me off because, while hot, she knows nothing about football Mad. They are currently ranked #2 and 3 overall as well.

They are picking the top 5 voted for applicants plus 10 others that they hand-select, so maybe I'll get lucky and be one of the other 10.
Eman
Eman
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Nishankly Tue Feb 28, 2012 10:02 am

I voted twice now, Some people have like 1500 votes man, Do something!
Nishankly
Nishankly
Spicy Curry

Back to top Go down

Post by I Have Mono Tue Feb 28, 2012 1:50 pm

I havnt voted as it seems complicated; however, I feel you should ignore the admins and make a thread in the general section again and take a minus 25% or a temporary ban if it gets you votes.

I Have Mono
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by Eman Tue Feb 28, 2012 8:52 pm

My school thought it would be a bitchin idea to post the candidates from our university on the university website, and email all students enrolled with a valid email address to vote for people from our school. They included the top 3 students from our school, but not me or any of the others (one of the others actually wasn't too far behind the top 3 and was utterly fecked by the decision).

I also tried to get retweets on twitter, which did not work either because people thought it was spam I guess.

Like I said, it sucks balls but the poor start I had has buried me in shit, and sadly I found myself admitting defeat days ago tbh. It doesn't help that the social network of the people in the first few slots is significantly greater than mine (one of them has almost 5000 FB friends and a fan page Neutral). At this point, I'm just hoping to be one of the 10 hand-selected candidates that get chosen by TFC.
Eman
Eman
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Eman Fri Mar 02, 2012 11:25 pm

Contest is over now, and I didn't end up being one of the ten extra people chosen - they were all just hot girls; I should have known :vagi:
Eman
Eman
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down