Harmonica
bazinga
billy_gr
The Franchise
BarcaKizz
50 posters

Page 7 of 12 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 10, 11, 12  Next

Go down

The Illusionist : Don Andrés Iniesta - Page 7 Empty Re: The Illusionist : Don Andrés Iniesta

Post by •MilanDevil• Mon Mar 24, 2014 3:26 am

IMO, best midfielder in the world. He has got it all.

•MilanDevil•
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

The Illusionist : Don Andrés Iniesta - Page 7 Empty Re: The Illusionist : Don Andrés Iniesta

Post by Khaled Mon Mar 24, 2014 4:10 am

Big game player, when he's fit... I wouldn't pick any other midfielder in the history of football over him...

He's #1... Magic...
Khaled
Khaled
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by futbol Mon Mar 24, 2014 7:27 am

It's hilarious how he can't finish to save his life week in week out but in CL semi-finals, World Cup finals and Clasicos he hammers them. GOAT. :bow:

futbol
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Effzeh Kölle

Back to top Go down

Post by BarcaLearning Tue Mar 25, 2014 3:01 pm

Only thing missing really frm him is finishing. If he shoots like that more consistently and scores more goals!
BarcaLearning
BarcaLearning
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by jibers Tue Mar 25, 2014 3:05 pm

Fußball wrote:It's hilarious how he can't finish to save his life week in week out but in CL semi-finals, World Cup finals and Clasicos he hammers them. GOAT. :bow:

2nd best player in Europe.
jibers
jibers
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by alexjanosik Wed Apr 02, 2014 2:54 pm

What a player.When he turns it on,he is just mesmerizing.
Might be an overreaction,but when he turns it on,I havent seen a more magical player ever.Messi might be the better player but when it comes to pure magic its Iniesta and then the rest.

alexjanosik
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by messixaviesta Tue May 13, 2014 5:01 am

alexjanosik wrote:What a player.When he turns it on,he is just mesmerizing.
Might be an overreaction,but when he turns it on,I havent seen a more magical player ever.Messi might be the better player but when it comes to pure magic its Iniesta and then the rest.

So wonderfully put. So nice to read that.

messixaviesta
First Team
First Team

http://twitter.com/messixaviesta , http://footballbydeepak.blogs

Back to top Go down

Post by messixaviesta Tue May 13, 2014 5:20 am

Those of you who know me know that I am likely the biggest fan of Andres Iniesta at this forum. There are so many times when I have defended him, at times maybe even indulgently. There are times when I was hurt that this forum was being too harsh with him.

Yet strangely for the first time I have something to say that may come as a surprise. Have we seen the best of him already? Since the beginning of this season I have felt as if something is missing in the player who I have so long identified with.

Yes he still shows those odd moments of brilliance but not as often as he used to. At one time it was almost assumed that in a big match and moment he would shine but that's not so much the case now.

It's not even that he has become indisciplined and reports late to training or he has developed a swollen head and doesn't want to work for the team. Some would say the problem is tactical in that playing in the current setup especially alongside Fabregas does not suit him that well. That's true but is that all there is to it.

I had a peculiar thought last night. It was that in the four year period between 2008 and 2012 what Iniesta achieved is more than what 99% of players can even dream to accomplish in their life time. A world cup, 2 UCLs, 2 Euros and 3 La Ligas with many decisive contributions in almost every one of them and several moments of sheer magic and industry. To this add the kind of respect and adulation he got from it and the number of individual accolades that came his way both in terms of immense praise from the who's who of football and a litany of awards. Take this for example. Do you know of one other player about whom you can definitely say that he won the man of the match in a world cup final and a Euro final? Iniesta has accomplished this amazing feat. With the sole exception of Xavi even all those team mates who were alongside him in these conquests did not command the same kind of individual adulation. Was it too much success too soon at a relatively young age?

I feel as if he is going through a creative vacuum, a void. What's left to achieve? What next? The only thing missing for him is the Ballon D'or and he probably understands that in this Messi-Cristiano goal scoring obsessed era he won't win that no matter what he does. So what now can make him go the extra mile? Even Messi is dying to win the world cup. Iniesta on the other hand has already done everything to do in the game.

Now I am not saying that means he has become complacent. However there is that something intangible in the mind that makes you push against all odds and even drive others to it. Iniesta has shown that quite often in the past but in the last few months it's become rarer and rarer. Tell me have you seen him play again like a man possessed the way he had played in that 4-0 against Milan. I don't think I have.

Against Elche that night it was well known that the game was a must win and Iniesta was the captain. At such times what is expected is a captain's performance and what we actually got was a listless one. There is something about him today that suggests to me that while he should given his talent and experience be an inspirational player he has instead become more of a functional one. A player content to do the role assigned to him properly and not one to take the initiative to do that something extra and drive others when circumstances demand it. As one of his greatest fans on this planet it's something that hurts me deeply and has done so for months now.

messixaviesta
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Tue May 13, 2014 10:10 am

I feel your reading a little too much into it JD. Look at this thread for example, littered with comments from just this season about wonderful performances vs Madrid etc.

It was just a difficult game for him, playing with a goal hanging midfielder by his side and playing in a team which is just flat out struggling and in a very strange place mentally.

I feel like people forgot about the intrinsic motivation to play football. People often cite that after winning everything, there is nothing left for players to play for and they then lose something. This isnt always, or even often the case.

Dont get me wrong, I havent won anything (obviously) to be speaking from experience...but anyone who played football at any level for any sustained period of time...they have that inner desire just to play the game at the highest level they can and what they have already done, plays totally no role in what is happening within the moment.

I think what happened to Ronaldinho has tainted so many people's view on footballers motivation, when the truth is Ronaldinho was a unique case which wasnt just about football..but linked to his upbringing, his background and so many other things.

Anyway, going off point somewhat. Iniesta to me is fine and he has had many games this season where he looked just great to me. And I will never forget last season (where he was the same as now, as in having won everything) where he was at times a lone ranger fighting and playing out of his skin while others, looked like they really couldnt be bothered.
The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by messixaviesta Tue May 13, 2014 7:08 pm

Maybe I am dani. Some performances were good. In the Atletico first leg for example he did show passion, a bit recklessly at that. Yes we are flat out struggling. I couldn't quite believe Tata started with Fabregas instead of Xavi in such a crucial match. I mean I was all for resting him earlier in the season but now in a make or break game. Strange to say the least.

Very good point about the natural desire to play football. See I made it clear that by no means am I saying he has become complacent. All I am saying is when you are really hungry it gives you that extra mental edge which can at times make all the difference.

No way was I comparing him to Ronaldinho. His is a case of an individual gone astray leaving behind memories of a once great footballer. Hopefully not many will follow him.

In a few games Iniesta may have looked good but considering in how poor a shape the team is he needed to do more in some games. Very well said about the lone range fighter of last season. What I ask is why is that lone ranger less conspicuous this season.

messixaviesta
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Winter is Coming Sat Jun 21, 2014 11:11 pm

If Xavi departs Iniesta is tipped to be our captain next season.
Winter is Coming
Winter is Coming
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by arjun.123 Sat Jul 19, 2014 9:05 pm

the perfect role model imo. excellent technical skills, good discipline, no arrogance, never chokes.....apparently one of the most precise dribblers in the game too. also, i thought he did well in all of the spain's wc games despite otherwise poor performances from most of the other players.
arjun.123
arjun.123
Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by windkick Sat Jul 19, 2014 9:21 pm

Winter is Coming wrote:If Xavi departs Iniesta is tipped to be our captain next season.

Shouldn't of even been a question. Our Captain order was always something like Puyol > Xavi > Valdes > Iniesta. So if Puyol, Xavi and Valdes leaves then Iniesta should rightfully so wear the arm band. Not even a doubt

I think Messi was next in line? Not sure
windkick
windkick
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Donuts Sat Jul 19, 2014 9:30 pm

it was
Puyol, Xavi, Valdes, Iniesta, Messi, Pique, Buscuit last according to last season.
Donuts
Donuts
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : FC Basel

Back to top Go down

Post by Valkyrja Sat Jul 19, 2014 10:10 pm

Alves should be captain imo
Valkyrja
Valkyrja
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by sree999 Sat Oct 25, 2014 7:59 pm

Masch should be captain. ? Messi should never be made a captain.
sree999
sree999
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Donuts Sat Oct 25, 2014 8:00 pm

whoever wears the captains band matters so little, i doubt the players care at all we have 5+ past captains in the team
messi
mascherano
xavi
bravo
mathieu
Donuts
Donuts
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by CBarca Sun Oct 26, 2014 1:44 am

Someone who actually yells at our players and gives them a kick up the ass when we're not playing well should be captain. We have none of those players. Maybe Mascherano. This Barca team doesn't need a leader by example, we need a captain who will give their teammates a kick in the ass when they need it.

Thought Enrique could perform that duty from the coaching position considering his past, but today it didn't look like it.
CBarca
CBarca
NEVER a Mod

Club Supported : Athletic Bilbao

Back to top Go down

Post by Donuts Sun Oct 26, 2014 3:37 am

The captains band itself means so little though i think its more of a visual for the fans then the players, i doubt that bartra would listen less to mascherano then xavi/iniesta just because he doesn't wear the armband.
Donuts
Donuts
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Winter is Coming Sun Oct 26, 2014 4:29 am

But none of those captain hold a candle to Puyol. He among very few others are worth of such honour.

Iniesta tho has been very disappointing this season, Ajax this mid week was his only game were I was remotely impressed with him.
Winter is Coming
Winter is Coming
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by eelir Sun Oct 26, 2014 9:01 am

What is happening to Iniesta? Is he past his best, or was he at his best only when the midfield was built around Xavi-Bussi-Iniesta?
eelir
eelir
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by sree999 Wed Apr 15, 2015 10:18 pm

inesta is past it . He dosent suit the fast paced luchos approach . Replace him .
sree999
sree999
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Wed Apr 15, 2015 10:22 pm

Why replace him when Lucho is known his way out?
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Winter is Coming Wed Apr 15, 2015 10:27 pm

He's not being used properly tbh.
Winter is Coming
Winter is Coming
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by windkick Wed Apr 15, 2015 10:51 pm

Hope it's not a serious injury
windkick
windkick
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by CBarca Thu Apr 16, 2015 2:24 am

Just because he's not putting up the numbers doesn't mean he's useless.

He's been worse this season? Yes. He has been misused this season? Yes. Has even some of his ability like his dribbling and passing been off? I think so.

He's still a great contributor every game though. Starting to become rated underneath where he should just like earlier in his career due to a dire lack of stats. I can see where people come from but I don't think his contribution should be underestimated. Look at what happens when we play Rafinha in the midfield, or last season with Cesc, or when we have Busquets at CM...none of them can keep the midfield going like Iniesta. That says a little bit about Rakitic too though, he's been good.
CBarca
CBarca
NEVER a Mod

Club Supported : Athletic Bilbao

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 7 of 12 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 10, 11, 12  Next