Great Leader Sprucenuce
mezzogiornese
Patrick Bateman
16 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Bojan Empty Bojan

Post by Patrick Bateman Mon 20 Jun 2011, 02:16

Where do you guys think he will play ..CF ? Will he be a sub for Totti,or will he play out wide on the left in Vucinic's position or out on the right ?

Patrick Bateman
Patrick Bateman
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Roma

Back to top Go down

Bojan Empty Re: Bojan

Post by mezzogiornese Mon 20 Jun 2011, 02:19

I think if signed he should be given the chance to start from the beginning of the season. Promising player could settle in really well.

mezzogiornese
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Patrick Bateman Mon 20 Jun 2011, 02:23

mezzogiornese wrote:I think if signed he should be given the chance to start from the beginning of the season. Promising player could settle in really well.

Ofc ...

But where do you think he should play .. Best position like ?

Btw welcome to the forums ....
Patrick Bateman
Patrick Bateman
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by mezzogiornese Mon 20 Jun 2011, 02:33

Thanks, I mean he's young so his position isn't set yet so I suppose he should be tried out across the front line. He'll never be as good as Totti in his prime but could well turn out better than he is now at the end of his career.

To be honest I'm not too sure about exactly what sort of player Bojan is... what are his stand out abilities?

mezzogiornese
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Patrick Bateman Mon 20 Jun 2011, 02:53

mezzogiornese wrote:Thanks, I mean he's young so his position isn't set yet so I suppose he should be tried out across the front line. He'll never be as good as Totti in his prime but could well turn out better than he is now at the end of his career.

To be honest I'm not too sure about exactly what sort of player Bojan is... what are his stand out abilities?

I don't know alot about him tbh .. The few times i have watched him he didn't really stand out the only thing i really noticed from those games what his pace,very quick.

I know he had a great goal scoring record at youth level he scored over a 900 goals or something like that. What a Face

Patrick Bateman
Patrick Bateman
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by mezzogiornese Mon 20 Jun 2011, 03:01

Then perhaps he should take a starting role along side Boriello with Totti as a trequartista.

--------Totti
Boriello-----Bojan

You've got Bojan's pace- Boriellos physicality and a good dose of old fashioned flair and creativity from Totti. Now he's getting older somehow his legs haven't completely buckled I think Totti can revert to this older role.

mezzogiornese
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Mon 20 Jun 2011, 03:05

B4 i go to bed ill give you an idea of what he is like......

Technically good, quick and can finish of either foot the best thing about him tbh is how clinical he is very good finisher which is why growing up he got comparisons to Raul.

The problem with him is he is'nt the most confident of player's he need's to be confident and playing consistently to keep the goals up....

He's deadly when confident and playing but when he is'nt confident and not playing much or out of position he become's almost useless....

Which is why he struggles at Barca becuase he has to play on the wings when he does play because of Messi and when he does he is expected to live off scraps in 15 minute cameo apparences here and there.

If you get him confident and playing consistently he could score by the bucketload.

Btw DJ Fonz Very Happy your sig is awesome cheers
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG

Back to top Go down

Post by Patrick Bateman Mon 20 Jun 2011, 03:08

mezzogiornese wrote:Then perhaps he should take a starting role along side Boriello with Totti as a trequartista.

--------Totti
Boriello-----Bojan

You've got Bojan's pace- Boriellos physicality and a good dose of old fashioned flair and creativity from Totti. Now he's getting older somehow his legs haven't completely buckled I think Totti can revert to this older role.

Totti as amf ..I'm not to sure about that mate . I don't think he has the legs for that tbh ..Plus he doesn't like tracking back..lol

I reckon Borriello will be a sub for Totti .

With Luis Enrique now in charge im pretty sure he will want to play his usual 4-3-3 formation with Totti as the main CF ...

Maybe this

------------?------------------------Totti-----------------------------Bojan--------
Patrick Bateman
Patrick Bateman
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Patrick Bateman Mon 20 Jun 2011, 03:13

Immaculate_Mole wrote:B4 i go to bed ill give you an idea of what he is like......

Technically good, quick and can finish of either foot the best thing about him tbh is how clinical he is very good finisher which is why growing up he got comparisons to Raul.

The problem with him is he is'nt the most confident of player's he need's to be confident and playing consistently to keep the goals up....

He's deadly when confident and playing but when he is'nt confident and not playing much or out of position he become's almost useless....

Which is why he struggles at Barca becuase he has to play on the wings when he does play because of Messi and when he does he is expected to live off scraps in 15 minute cameo apparences here and there.

If you get him confident and playing consistently he could score by the bucketload.

Btw DJ Fonz Very Happy your sig is awesome cheers

Cheers Mole... Cool

Sounds a bit like Vucinic with the confidence issues and the pace ...

But good to hear that he's a clinical finisher ,Because we could sure do with one of them with the way Vucinic played for the last weeks of the season //Facepalm// Razz

Thanks Very Happy

Last edited by The Fonz on Mon 20 Jun 2011, 03:29; edited 1 time in total
Patrick Bateman
Patrick Bateman
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by mezzogiornese Mon 20 Jun 2011, 03:17

Does Enrique play a flat 3? I still think Totti could play well with a more creative role. I don't think he should be playing full games often anyway at this stage in his career and needs to accept that he is not the team. Del Piero at Juve is a good example- Both are club legends but Del Piero seems to accept his role in the club whereas Totti doesn't- often to the detriment of the club.

Of course Totti does still have uses though- and utilizing his creative talents more I believe would benefit Roma.

mezzogiornese
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Patrick Bateman Mon 20 Jun 2011, 03:26

mezzogiornese wrote:Does Enrique play a flat 3? I still think Totti could play well with a more creative role. I don't think he should be playing full games often anyway at this stage in his career and needs to accept that he is not the team. Del Piero at Juve is a good example- Both are club legends but Del Piero seems to accept his role in the club whereas Totti doesn't- often to the detriment of the club.

Of course Totti does still have uses though- and utilizing his creative talents more I believe would benefit Roma.

From what i know im pretty sure he does play a flat 3 ...Exactly like Barca ..High pressing game ...Well Totti usually drops deep to collect the ball and create for the wingers/Amf i don't think he needs to play as an amf for that ...

Enrique and Totti had a chat when Luis was in Rome and Totti said he's happy to be a part of the new Roma even if it means not playing every match so i don't think there will be any problems there...And with us playing in 2 comps Serie A/Europa lge i think maybe rest Totti for the lge games and let Borriello start for them instead.

Btw which team do you support ?
Patrick Bateman
Patrick Bateman
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by mezzogiornese Mon 20 Jun 2011, 03:38

I'm an Interista with soft spots for Bari + Napoli but I am mainly a fan of Calcio in General. I'd like to see all clubs do well in Europe and an exciting title race with lots of sides still in it to the end domestically. I saw inter winning all the time as bad for the league and was happy this year even if Milan won it. I'm excited by the new Roma project and looking forward to see the results!

mezzogiornese
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Patrick Bateman Mon 20 Jun 2011, 03:51

mezzogiornese wrote:I'm an Interista with soft spots for Bari + Napoli but I am mainly a fan of Calcio in General. I'd like to see all clubs do well in Europe and an exciting title race with lots of sides still in it to the end domestically. I saw inter winning all the time as bad for the league and was happy this year even if Milan won it. I'm excited by the new Roma project and looking forward to see the results!

Yeah same here i'd like to see all Serie A teams doing welll in europe. We need to get back that 4th champs lge spot asap...
Patrick Bateman
Patrick Bateman
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by BarcaKizz Mon 20 Jun 2011, 05:45

Hey guys, I can give you some helpful information here and I plan to watch Roma a lot next year, maybe they'll become my Serie A team.

Firstly on Enrique's playing style. He does not play exactly like Guardiola, primarily because the players aren't of the same quality to keep possession that way. Thus, Enrique plays slightly more direct football, its quite a lot like Arsenal. Don't think of Barca's current 4-3-3 system, but more the Rijkaard 4-3-3 or the Pep's first year.

The front 3 at Barca B was comprised of Nolito, a left winger who was very skillful and would cut in and shoot, Soriano, a strong centre forward with good skill and finishing, and a right winger.

I don't think Enrique will use exactly the same, but expect Roma to play more direct than Barca, and I think he will look to have the forwards interchanging roles. Soriano was never a player who was great on the wings.

As for Bojan, he's always been one of my favourite players, so I know all about him. His primary weakness is being muscled off the ball. He needs to learn how to protect it a little better and learn balance. He isn't that weak physically, but he hasn't learnt that amazing balance Messi has with his low centre of gravity.

Bojan's primary strengths are his finishing and his reading of the defensive line and slipping in behind it to score. He's got a fantastic finish... he's a natural goalscorer and probably has one of the most powerful shots at Barca tbh, he just rarely gets a chance to show it. He can shoot with both feet too, which is very handy. When I talk about him being good playing along the defensive line, I'm saying he reads the play very well, he has excellent movement and knows how to open up spaces. He exploits space and runs in behind defenders very well.

Otherwise, he's very good technically, simply a well rounded player like all Masia boys, with good dribbling, passing, and quick thinking. I'm convinced if given the chance instead of Pedro, he would be scoring 10-20 goals every season so you're getting a good deal guys...

Here's a few vids that illustrate his skills, here playing for Catalunya, where he seems to play better than with Barca... due to him being the best forward and getting more space.

Bojan vs Honduras

1. Great assist for the first goal, shows his trickery, dribbling and a beautiful chip into the middle.
2. Another great assist, showing exemplary vision.
3. 0:24- Exactly what I was talking about with his running in behind. A great intelligent run off the centrebacks' shoulders and a calm finish. Classic Bojan.
4. 0:53- Again. This time at the halfway line, Bojan shows his pace and his ability to run in behind the defence. A great finish. Some great vision of how well he times that run.

Bojan vs Argentina
Here we see a little of the magic Bojan is capable of... Enjoy Wink

Hope that helps, and feel free to ask any questions... I can probably answer you.
BarcaKizz
BarcaKizz
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by ErPupone Mon 20 Jun 2011, 07:10

Wow, kind of reminds me of Montella from those videos. But from your description he sounds more rounded off than Montella was and I got the impression that he might fit in well in the 4-3-3 Dave proposed. If he interchanges positions with Totti, I think that could be a great partnership if complemented by a good winger.

Thanks for the info Mole and BarcaKizz Wink
ErPupone
ErPupone
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by BarcaKizz Mon 20 Jun 2011, 08:58

I heard a few rumours that it might be Totti's time to move on. Do you guys think he'll stay for sure?? And considering you guys are sure Menez will leave, who could round out the front 3 for Roma?

Sergio
Burdisso - Juan
Cassetti-----------------------Riise
De Rossi
Pizarro ------ ??
?? - Totti - Bojan

Tbh.. you could do with strengthening a lot of positions...
BarcaKizz
BarcaKizz
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by mezzogiornese Mon 20 Jun 2011, 16:22

BarcaKizz wrote:

I agree- the squad should be built around De Rossi- who didn't have the best season but is a world class player and an engine for the team. The players linked with Roma- Lamela, Pastore, Clichy, Viviano are great players who would really give something to Roma but I can't help thinking the central defense needs sorting out as this is where Roma I believe failed last year. Rolando and Kjaer have been linked to Serie A clubs- so why not Roma?
Both are big defenders. Anyway I think it would be good if the back line was reinforced with at least 2 preferably 3 people like...

--------Viviano
Cassani--Rolando--Kjaer--Clichy

As for midfield- as I said De Rossi should be a certainty. Partnered with a more creative player- I think a return for Aquilani would be great here- if not then I believe Lamella can play deep too. Depending on the Role given to De Rossi- destroyer more work horse role then the missing piece could be added.

As for the attack as I've said in many posts here I believe Totti would be the weak link. Bring in Lamella or even Pastore has been linked. However I do not believe Offense is a priority- particularly with a deal for Bojan so close.

I think Lamella would be a good signing because of his versatility- can play as a trequartista or a standard CM. But Defense would be my priority.

mezzogiornese
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by JAY-Z Mon 20 Jun 2011, 17:33

^That would be too much changes in a short period.Im sure that Burdisso will be our first option in the CB spot for the next season, dunno about Juan though.I see today that we're linked with Astori, I like that player, one of him or Silvestre wouldnt be bad for us.
JAY-Z
JAY-Z
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by mezzogiornese Mon 20 Jun 2011, 17:37

I didn't mean every single change just a selection from those.

I was just thinking now that Palombo could be an option to free up De Rossi for a more attacking role... Different thread I suppose.

mezzogiornese
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by ErPupone Mon 20 Jun 2011, 17:57

BarcaKizz wrote:I heard a few rumours that it might be Totti's time to move on. Do you guys think he'll stay for sure?? And considering you guys are sure Menez will leave, who could round out the front 3 for Roma?

Sergio
Burdisso - Juan
De Rossi
Pizarro ------ ??
?? - Totti - Bojan

When goal.com is the only site reporting something, chances are it's not true lol. But ya, he's definitely staying. As for the other attackers, still to early to tell who's staying and who's going. As we stand now, Perrotta or Simplicio would take that empty spot in midfield, while the other spot goes to either Vucinic, Menez or Taddei. We need to strengthen our defence first, then go for a central midfielder and a right winger. I find it strange that Bojan is our first acquisition.
ErPupone
ErPupone
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Patrick Bateman Mon 20 Jun 2011, 20:36

BarcaKizz wrote:Hey guys, I can give you some helpful information here and I plan to watch Roma a lot next year, maybe they'll become my Serie A team.

Firstly on Enrique's playing style. He does not play exactly like Guardiola, primarily because the players aren't of the same quality to keep possession that way. Thus, Enrique plays slightly more direct football, its quite a lot like Arsenal. Don't think of Barca's current 4-3-3 system, but more the Rijkaard 4-3-3 or the Pep's first year.

The front 3 at Barca B was comprised of Nolito, a left winger who was very skillful and would cut in and shoot, Soriano, a strong centre forward with good skill and finishing, and a right winger.

I don't think Enrique will use exactly the same, but expect Roma to play more direct than Barca, and I think he will look to have the forwards interchanging roles. Soriano was never a player who was great on the wings.

As for Bojan, he's always been one of my favourite players, so I know all about him. His primary weakness is being muscled off the ball. He needs to learn how to protect it a little better and learn balance. He isn't that weak physically, but he hasn't learnt that amazing balance Messi has with his low centre of gravity.

Bojan's primary strengths are his finishing and his reading of the defensive line and slipping in behind it to score. He's got a fantastic finish... he's a natural goalscorer and probably has one of the most powerful shots at Barca tbh, he just rarely gets a chance to show it. He can shoot with both feet too, which is very handy. When I talk about him being good playing along the defensive line, I'm saying he reads the play very well, he has excellent movement and knows how to open up spaces. He exploits space and runs in behind defenders very well.

Otherwise, he's very good technically, simply a well rounded player like all Masia boys, with good dribbling, passing, and quick thinking. I'm convinced if given the chance instead of Pedro, he would be scoring 10-20 goals every season so you're getting a good deal guys...

Here's a few vids that illustrate his skills, here playing for Catalunya, where he seems to play better than with Barca... due to him being the best forward and getting more space.

Bojan vs Honduras

1. Great assist for the first goal, shows his trickery, dribbling and a beautiful chip into the middle.
2. Another great assist, showing exemplary vision.
3. 0:24- Exactly what I was talking about with his running in behind. A great intelligent run off the centrebacks' shoulders and a calm finish. Classic Bojan.
4. 0:53- Again. This time at the halfway line, Bojan shows his pace and his ability to run in behind the defence. A great finish. Some great vision of how well he times that run.

Bojan vs Argentina
Here we see a little of the magic Bojan is capable of... Enjoy Wink

Hope that helps, and feel free to ask any questions... I can probably answer you.

Thanks for the info mate...
Patrick Bateman
Patrick Bateman
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Ganso Mon 20 Jun 2011, 21:32

he can play as a winger if im correct.
Ganso
Ganso
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by Patrick Bateman Tue 21 Jun 2011, 01:16

BarcaKizz wrote:I heard a few rumours that it might be Totti's time to move on. Do you guys think he'll stay for sure?? And considering you guys are sure Menez will leave, who could round out the front 3 for Roma?

Sergio
Burdisso - Juan
De Rossi
Pizarro ------ ??
?? - Totti - Bojan

We know that,but what you must remember is we are not like Chelsea,Milan,Barca,Madrid Juve or Man City ...We don't have the money like those clubs.

Patrick Bateman
Patrick Bateman
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Patrick Bateman Tue 21 Jun 2011, 01:25

mezzogiornese wrote:
BarcaKizz wrote:

I agree- the squad should be built around De Rossi- who didn't have the best season but is a world class player and an engine for the team. The players linked with Roma- Lamela, Pastore, Clichy, Viviano are great players who would really give something to Roma but I can't help thinking the central defense needs sorting out as this is where Roma I believe failed last year. Rolando and Kjaer have been linked to Serie A clubs- so why not Roma?
Both are big defenders. Anyway I think it would be good if the back line was reinforced with at least 2 preferably 3 people like...

--------Viviano
Cassani--Rolando--Kjaer--Clichy
As for midfield- as I said De Rossi should be a certainty. Partnered with a more creative player- I think a return for Aquilani would be great here- if not then I believe Lamella can play deep too. Depending on the Role given to De Rossi- destroyer more work horse role then the missing piece could be added.

As for the attack as I've said in many posts here I believe Totti would be the weak link. Bring in Lamella or even Pastore has been linked. However I do not believe Offense is a priority- particularly with a deal for Bojan so close.

I think Lamella would be a good signing because of his versatility- can play as a trequartista or a standard CM. But Defense would be my priority.

That's 50 million right there and we have yet to include a Midfielder and a Striker..lol

We Just need one new Cb... Our main problem lies at RB...Cassetti is getting on we need someone younger ..Rosi isn't good enough to fill that void..

I'm crying our for ISLA.. Sad

Patrick Bateman
Patrick Bateman
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by C.Marchisio #8 Tue 21 Jun 2011, 02:58

Bojan will be great addition for Roma and Serie A
C.Marchisio #8
C.Marchisio #8