free_cat
billy_gr
BarcaKizz
37 posters

Page 7 of 11 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11  Next

Go down

Pedro Rodriguez - Page 7 Empty Re: Pedro Rodriguez

Post by free_cat Tue Jun 09, 2015 2:39 pm

The Franchise wrote:When Benzema, James or Bale arent playing well or are injured...Madrid will bring Isco, or even Jese.

We going to bring Pedro?

Cant convince me we cant improve on that area.

You seriously would decline if Madrid offered to swap Isco or Pedro? I dont believe you Laughing

Isco is a midfielder, who would play at Iniesta's place in our team, and Jese is not any better than Pedro right now (not even in the foreseeable future after his injury). Their other option is Chicharito who is also quite meh and doesn't play in the same position as Pedro.

free_cat
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by billy_gr Tue Jun 09, 2015 2:47 pm

How is Jesse better than Pedro?
The only thing I want is for LE to give some time to Munir and Sandro regardless of Pedro being here
billy_gr
billy_gr
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by futbol Tue Jun 09, 2015 7:02 pm

Jese might not be better at this moment but the upside with him is that he's a kid with potential. Whereas Pedro is just ... Pedro. A player in his prime who makes no difference. I'd rather develop a young talent instead of giving most bench minutes to Pedro.

futbol
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Effzeh Kölle

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Tue Jun 09, 2015 11:20 pm

free_cat wrote:
The Franchise wrote:When Benzema, James or Bale arent playing well or are injured...Madrid will bring Isco, or even Jese.

We going to bring Pedro?

Cant convince me we cant improve on that area.

You seriously would decline if Madrid offered to swap Isco or Pedro? I dont believe you Laughing

Isco is a midfielder, who would play at Iniesta's place in our team, and Jese is not any better than Pedro right now (not even in the foreseeable future after his injury). Their other option is Chicharito who is also quite meh and doesn't play in the same position as Pedro.

Yeah, Isco is a midfielder...but we all know he could easily play forward.

If he was on our team, sure he would be in midfield. But if we had our usual 11 all fit, then Neymar got injured...your bringing in Isco before Pedro. Surely.
Jese may not be better than Pedro, but he could have been. The point is they had that option which at a point, was better.
The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by free_cat Wed Jun 10, 2015 8:43 am

Fußball wrote:Jese might not be better at this moment but the upside with him is that he's a kid with potential. Whereas Pedro is just ... Pedro. A player in his prime who makes no difference. I'd rather develop a young talent instead of giving most bench minutes to Pedro.

Sure, Pedro can't make a difference. :facepalm:
Like he didn't play a great game in the league deciding game vs. Atletico Madrid. Or assisted in a Champions League final with only 6 minutes played.

Pedro is not a superstar, but he is a very good player and Jesé needs to eat a lot of soup before he can compare to him, and he might never be able to do so.
free_cat
free_cat
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by neuro11 Wed Jun 10, 2015 9:38 am

There is no Realistic replacement for Pedro.i would not mind if he stays. and funny mentioning about Vietto, why would that kid come to sit on the bench?? I have heard he would go to At. madrid for 22 m or something. that makes more sense. teams like Barca will buy him as starters in few years if he cintinues to grow.

neuro11
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by billy_gr Wed Jun 10, 2015 12:09 pm

@Fussball: even if we follow this logic we have already two (if not more of those). Unless you can convince me that Jesse is/can be clearly better than Munir
billy_gr
billy_gr
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Wed Jun 10, 2015 12:24 pm

Why does everyone say that? There is no realistic replacement?

Thats so untrue. I dont know why we just accept this.

If you think he is good enough like Free does, that one thing, I accept that as his opinion on Pedro and thats fair enough.

But of course we can replace Pedro with another player. If Pedro left, you think we wouldnt sign someone? No doubt we would.

And it also seems like everyone thinks of replacing Pedro and they think about a similar player (a forward who scores goals) who would suffer because of a lack of games.

Why not simply sign someone who can play multiple positions and therefore can get games with or without MSN playing.

Obviously we wont sign Isco. But he is exactly that kind of player I am speaking about. He could play instead of Iniesta (though I think he would suffer a bit in this role, especially at first), he could play instead of Rakitic or if one of the front 3 is missing. I think someone with this kind of flexibility could find enough time to sustain him.
The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by free_cat Wed Jun 10, 2015 12:38 pm

Not a fan of a "isco" type of player. Iniesta on the left does much worse, Hleb also sucked (he was also both CAM and Left winger), and Isco is poorer out wide either.

Of course we can replace Pedro, but I don't see the reason really. Should we have sold him to sign players that we don't know if they are better than him like Dybala or Vietto? Also with the limited time they'll likely have their progression stalled and might flop hard, while Pedro is proving he can come of the bench/be a starter after many games in the bench, and play at a good level.

As I said, I'm ok with selling Pedro, but with the transfer ban the logical thing would be to sell him next season.
free_cat
free_cat
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by eelir Wed Jun 10, 2015 12:45 pm

I agree with free on this one. free and I had differences regarding Pedro, but if he is about to accept a role he had since Suarez started playing, I am more than happy with him staying. Pedro is a quality player, he just isn't starter quality for Barca.
eelir
eelir
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Wed Jun 10, 2015 12:46 pm

Hleb was never good, he had 1 good season before us and nothing after us.

Iniesta is worse out wide.

But what is the difference between these players and David Silva, who does just fine wide though he prefers the middle.

Or James, or Gotze, or Arda? All thse guys really prefer the middle because they arent very fast but all have played at similar levels in wider roles also.

The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by free_cat Wed Jun 10, 2015 12:50 pm

The Franchise wrote:Hleb was never good, he had 1 good season before us and nothing after us.

Iniesta is worse out wide.

But what is the difference between these players and David Silva, who does just fine wide though he prefers the middle.

Or James, or Gotze, or Arda? All thse guys really prefer the middle because they arent very fast but all have played at similar levels in wider roles also.

Not for us. I think we do much better with 3 forwards, than with 2 forwards and a makeshift forward who is actually a midfielder. At least that's my opinion based on Hleb/Iniesta/Cesc/Afellay playing as wing forward.
free_cat
free_cat
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Wed Jun 10, 2015 1:00 pm

Not for us for 2-4 seasons under Pep, or not for us forever and ever regardless of who else is in the team?

Plus your naming 2 players who were never good enough and other two who are REALLY midfielders who shouldnt ever play anywhere else but in the middle because of their style of play.

What do you think was the problem when we played one of these midfielder's on the wing?

In my opinion was 2 fold.

The first. Messi would drop deep back in those days and a CB would follow him out from their back line. The wingers (Pedro, Henry, Villa) would make runs with pace into the space. Iniesta, Hleb and co never made those runs...they want the ball to their feet and want to make another pass.

The second was when the ball was in the middle of the pitch, they refused to go to the line. They arent so comfortable doing it and they keep coming to the ball and not giving the width when it is needed.

That first reason is now irrelevant, Suarez plays in the middle and occupies the striker. Giving the space to Messi. The winger doesnt need to make as many runs into the middle off the ball. Neymar obviously still does make the runs, but they are dependant on the next movement Suarez makes. It isnt tactically necessary that the left winger makes runs into the middle like it was under Pep.

The second thing is still an issue, you have to give width when playing on the wing. At least untill we can get Alba forward, and even then he is a bit more reserved now (for his own good) and picks his moments to go high better. But obviously we would need to think of a player who understands the importance of giving that width...Arda and James do that very well (again, not saying we should sign either, only that its possible).
The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by billy_gr Wed Jun 10, 2015 1:29 pm

Athletico’s Koke maybe?
But he’s not an option at least for this season
billy_gr
billy_gr
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by futbol Wed Jun 10, 2015 1:57 pm

free_cat wrote:
Fußball wrote:Jese might not be better at this moment but the upside with him is that he's a kid with potential. Whereas Pedro is just ... Pedro. A player in his prime who makes no difference. I'd rather develop a young talent instead of giving most bench minutes to Pedro.

Like he didn't play a great game in the league deciding game vs. Atletico Madrid. Or assisted in a Champions League final with only 6 minutes played.

Pedro is not a superstar, but he is a very good player and Jesé needs to eat a lot of soup before he can compare to him, and he might never be able to do so.

Irrelevant whether he touched the ball before Messi took another 3 touches to adjust his shot and then aimed through Godin's legs or that he assisted Neymar in a 5 vs. 2 situation when Juve had everyone forward in the last minute of the game. Ultimately he lacks quality. That's quite obvious.

futbol
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by neuro11 Wed Jun 10, 2015 2:20 pm

Silva, Gotze, James,Arda?? so they are realistic buy?? how much would you pay for a rotation player???? Also whats the point of packing the team with midfielders and blocking the youth progress...
I am not a pedro fan but if we sell him i believe we will buy someone a level below him....

neuro11
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by free_cat Wed Jun 10, 2015 2:24 pm

Fußball wrote:
free_cat wrote:

Irrelevant whether he touched the ball before Messi took another 3 touches to adjust his shot and then aimed through Godin's legs or that he assisted Neymar in a 5 vs. 2 situation when Juve had everyone forward in the last minute of the game. Ultimately he lacks quality. That's quite obvious.

Hehe, like the very good 1-2 with Messi was the only thing he did in the atletico game. He was very good... did you at least watch the game?

And the assist to Neymar was in a 3vs2 situation in one of our 3 was Pique... and we had managed to screw many of these along the game (Suarez for instance screwed a 5vs3 and Neymar a 3 vs 2 earlier on).
free_cat
free_cat
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by futbol Wed Jun 10, 2015 2:40 pm

Ideally I'd have a young talent who is worth developing and could start or at least come in as a sub against the bottom 10 teams at Camp Nou. I don't see why Pedro should get these minutes. Let's say Neymar is rested against Granada at home. Granada in Camp Nou can easily be beaten with Pedro-Suarez-Messi or Deulofeu-Suarez-Messi but the former has no upside whereas the latter means a young player is getting minutes and developing his game who could be valuable in the future. Additionally, for the tougher games where the young talent wouldn't be quite ready, I'd like an older, more experienced, versatile player. Maybe Aleix Vidal is already this kind of player who can rotate upfront and at rightback but I have no clue about his quality.

Pedro is too good for garbage minutes but not good enough in case one of the frontline gets injured for a longer period. Worst possible sub.

futbol
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Thu Jun 11, 2015 12:46 am

neuro11 wrote:Silva, Gotze, James,Arda?? so they are realistic buy?? how much would you pay for a rotation player???? Also whats the point of packing the team with midfielders and blocking the youth progress...
I am not a pedro fan but if we sell him i believe we will buy someone a level below him....

Are you trolling me or did you seriously not read the 2 or 3 times I said we OBVIOUSLY wont get any of these players Laughing

Again I will say, I am talking about those kinds of players positionally..not those in particular.

The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by neuro11 Thu Jun 11, 2015 2:35 am

The Franchise wrote:
neuro11 wrote:Silva, Gotze, James,Arda?? so they are realistic buy?? how much would you pay for a rotation player???? Also whats the point of packing the team with midfielders and blocking the youth progress...

Are you trolling me or did you seriously not read the 2 or 3 times I said we OBVIOUSLY wont get any of these players Laughing

Again I will say, I am talking about those kinds of players positionally..not those in particular.

In that particular post you did not say that, so i got confused. anyway, Sorry.

neuro11
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Thu Jun 11, 2015 12:31 pm

Fair enough, I can see why you missed it then. No, we shouldnt get some of them (Arda, Gotze) nor could we get most of them (James, Silva probably, Gotze again).

I just mean the talk about a guy not getting enough playing time ends as soon as you sign a guy who can play 2-3 positions (like those guys can).

And exactly what Futbal said in the post above regarding Pedro's sub value, I totally agree with.
The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by futbol Fri Jun 12, 2015 12:23 pm

French club PSG are interested in Barcelona winger Pedro (27), who still might leave despite signing a contract renewal last week. [lequipe]

futbol
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by billy_gr Fri Jun 12, 2015 1:10 pm

nah...
billy_gr
billy_gr
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Fri Jun 12, 2015 1:12 pm

Too good to be true.

Why would they want this when they already deem Lavezzi not good enough?
The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Donuts Fri Jun 12, 2015 1:12 pm

for 25m+ i would say yeah
anything less not worth.
Donuts
Donuts