Unai Emery-should he stay or time to go?

+14
S32TABLANCA
Doc
Mr Nick09
BarcaLearning
BarrileteCosmico
Onyx
halamadrid2
Jonathan28
StevieRayVaughan
Albiceleste
chaval
che
Harmonica
Adit
18 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Unai Emery-should he stay or time to go? Empty Unai Emery-should he stay or time to go?

Post by Adit Sun Mar 04, 2012 10:02 am

http://forzafutbol.com/2012/03/should-emery-stay-next-year-inquiring-minds-want-to-know.html

Forza Futbol welcomes guest writer Rezaur Rahman (twitter: Rezaur_Rahman), a Valencianista taking a look at love-hate thing going on with Unai Emery.

Should Emery stay next year?

There has been a lot of noise regarding VCF manager Unai Emery. Due to poor performance of Los Che in 2012, the journey of Emery withValenciamay come to an end. Although nothing is assured, still the possibility is higher than ever as Los Che have considered four candidates as a replacement.

I have seen many people discussing this issue over the last few weeks. At this point Los Che fans can be divided into two groups:

Group 1: They want a replacement of Emery.

Group 2: They are satisfied with his performance.

G1

The first group has their own logic. These people think Emery has reached his peak inValenciain his 4 years at the helm. There is nothing more that he can offer to his current club. They think Emery does not have the mentality or ability to win big games. According to them Emery has an attitude problem and does not know how to keep the players motivated.

Things are not going well for Los Che in 2012. They have won only one league game out of eight. Los Che is currently the 4th worst team in the League over the second half of the season.

If you just consider 2012 then VCF should be fourth from the bottom, just ahead of Levante and Sporting, who have 6 points and Zaragoza with 5 points. The team under Emery’s command is having the worst re-start in recent times. Los Che has won one, lost three and drawn four. The goal difference is negative too, scoring 11 goals and conceding 13. Add to that, VCF has poor records against sides like Villarreal, Atletico Madrid, and Sevilla, all direct rivals.

In conclusion, Group 1 wants Emery fired. Let’s check the opposite side of the coin.

G2

Here the analysis is simple; this group believes the opposite of the first group. Emery joined almost three and a half years ago, back when Los Che was experiencing huge financial troubles. The existence of the club was uncertain. During the 2008-2009 season,Valencia failed to pay the player salaries for 6 months. Emery did a good job of keeping the players motivated and they earned a place in the Europa League.

Valencia badly needed to play in the Europe to earn some money. Later they were knocked out by Atletico Madrid when the referee did not have the guts to give a penalty for the foul on Nikola Gigic. Atletico eventually won the tournament and the cup.Valencia could have won the cup if they had received the right referee decision. It would be harsh to blame Emery here.

During Season 2009-10, Valencia had a lot of change in the squad. The objective was to achieve third place in the league and Emery made that happen. He achieved the same result in the 2010-11 season even though major stars were left the team. Emery used the new players well to achieve 3rd spot.

In the current season (2011-12), during the summer, Los Che sold and terminated a total of 16 players and they bought 7 players. Once again Valencia took on massive changes to the squad and Emery’s side is holding on to the 3rd Champions League spot. Emery is still on track. The objectives of the board will be met.

As to the point that Emery fails to win big matches, I believe part that this statement is not entirely true. Emery has won some big matches for us and a few losses were down to bad luck and calls by the referees. In addition, VCF doesn’t have as many world class players like Barcelona, Madrid, Chelsea etc. They have also been stricken with a series of injury to key players like Canales, Maduro, Banega etc who have been sidelined for months.

Group 2 feels Emery has done a good job and should stay.

My Opinion

I have mixed feelings here. If Los Che continues their terrible form then I believe sacking him will be the best option, although I don’t want him to leave. Emery is yet to be tested under a quality squad. Valencia were the best team in La Liga last year according to pundits and several researches say that Emery is the most efficient coach in La Liga. He has a very good, consistent record.

If we hire a new manager, how much better can he possibly do? He may not live up to expectations. Under the new manager Valencia may fail to achieve 3rd which would be devastating forValencia both professionally and financially. Besides, winning La Liga at this moment is a fantasy even with a new coach, just take a look at the dominance of Barca and Madrid.

In conclusion, I want to keep Emery, maintain stability at Valencia as you can’t foresee the future with a new coach.
Adit
Adit
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Borussia Mönchengladbach

http://www.realmadridfootballblog.com

Back to top Go down

Unai Emery-should he stay or time to go? Empty Re: Unai Emery-should he stay or time to go?

Post by Harmonica Sun Mar 04, 2012 10:06 am

Adit wrote:There has been a lot of noise regarding VCF manager Unai Emery. Due to poor performance of Los Che in 2012, the journey of Emery withValenciamay come to an end.
Can someone explain this?

3rd in La Liga behind the big two.
Copa Del Rey SF, eliminated by Barcelona.
UCL group, just 2 points out of Round 16.
Europa League currently Round 16.

scratch
Harmonica
Harmonica
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : RO Blank

Back to top Go down

Unai Emery-should he stay or time to go? Empty Re: Unai Emery-should he stay or time to go?

Post by che Sun Mar 04, 2012 10:08 am

no *bleep* way should he stay beyond the season, i have doubts about keeping him until then even

we've been playing disastrous football ever since silva left, then it got even worse when mata left... at least we used to get results through fluke goals, now even that is gone

we've got piss easy schedule over the next month (getafe, granada, mallorca etc) so if we don't pick up form i want to see his greasy ass gone, i don't even care who replaces him

at this point we're in danger of losing third spot to goddamn malaga, in what's one of the worst la liga seasons ever

VETE YA!!!
che
che
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Benfica

Back to top Go down

Post by Adit Sun Mar 04, 2012 10:09 am

May be because they clearly said 2012 in which Valencia has just 7 points so far.
Adit
Adit
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Adit Sun Mar 04, 2012 10:15 am

I want Malaga to finish third and receive more money.They are ready to invest unlike Valencia who are nothing more than a selling club nowdays.
Adit
Adit
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Harmonica Sun Mar 04, 2012 10:16 am

And I thought English managers had it tough. Razz
Harmonica
Harmonica
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : RO Blank

Back to top Go down

Post by che Sun Mar 04, 2012 10:34 am

he doesn't have it that tough... even the usual excuse "he has no resources" doesn't work, ffs we're 5 points ahead of levante (could be two points after this matchday) who have a salary cap of 500k per player :facepalm:
che
che
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by chaval Wed Mar 07, 2012 5:47 am

Yup he has to go

great guy tho
chaval
chaval
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Albiceleste Wed Mar 07, 2012 5:54 am

Adit wrote:
If we hire a new manager, how much better can he possibly do? He may not live up to expectations. Under the new manager Valencia may fail to achieve 3rd which would be devastating forValencia both professionally and financially. Besides, winning La Liga at this moment is a fantasy even with a new coach, just take a look at the dominance of Barca and Madrid.

In conclusion, I want to keep Emery, maintain stability at Valencia as you can’t foresee the future with a new coach.

Adit Villareal Madrid and Valencia fan? Suspect scratch

Anyway I think Emery's time is up, he was always too reactive and not proactive enough tactically for a club as ambitious as Valencia should be imo.

Albiceleste
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Dinamo Zagreb

Back to top Go down

Post by StevieRayVaughan Wed Mar 07, 2012 5:55 am

Just watched Revista, Ballague thinks AVB could replace him. I can understand why Valencia wants to replace him. He tinkers the team quite often, has performed poorly in Europe recently (losing to Schalke, and Lever), plays a poor style of football, bad form recently.

But if he is to be replaced, Valencia have to go for either Benitez or AVB, someone of that class. Because most others would be a step down because Emery is a good coach.

StevieRayVaughan
Starlet
Starlet

Club Supported : Southampton

Back to top Go down

Post by StevieRayVaughan Wed Mar 07, 2012 6:03 am

Also, people need to realize that Valencia is no longer a selling club. I got the info from one of the earlier episodes of Revista which is not a bad source of information. Their new stadium is going to be ready in 2 years, they have an agreement to sell the land for their current stadium, they have decreased their debts considerably in the last few years, therefore they believe they can challenge for the title in few years time. According to Revista, they are trying to build a strong team now. Soldado or Banega are not for sale apparantely. I genuinely believe this to be closer to truth because Valencia is a very ambitious club. They have such a ambitious fanbase that they are not happy being third with Emery, they dont see him as the manager to take them forward.

I dont know if they will challenge Real and Barca is 2/3 years, but they are building the right platform for it.

StevieRayVaughan
Starlet
Starlet

Club Supported : Southampton

Back to top Go down

Post by Jonathan28 Wed Mar 07, 2012 2:33 pm

They have to get rid of Emery though.
Jonathan28
Jonathan28
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by halamadrid2 Wed Mar 07, 2012 2:34 pm

a straight Pelle for Unai swap wouldnt be too far-fetched
halamadrid2
halamadrid2
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by che Wed Mar 07, 2012 2:54 pm

Albiceleste wrote:
Adit Villareal Madrid and Valencia fan? Suspect scratch

the article was written by a valencia fan for ff lol
che
che
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Onyx Wed Mar 07, 2012 4:25 pm

It's not like Valencia are struggling in 15th position or something.

Onyx
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Wed Mar 07, 2012 6:13 pm

"Los Che has won one, lost three and drawn four. The goal difference is negative too, scoring 11 goals and conceding 13."

Surely if you take the Barca match out of account the goal difference tells a very different story...

I honestly don't see much of the case for his dismissal. He's a good coach and the recent string of bad games is not enough reason to fire him. He's still 3rd. Besides, who would they be able to get that is better than Emery and would want the job? Any replacement is not better than him.
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by che Wed Mar 07, 2012 6:18 pm

yea, and if you take the fluke gijon match out it's the exact same story... negative goal difference again 8 teams of which a grand total of three were in the top half...
che
che
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by BarcaLearning Fri Mar 09, 2012 11:06 am

I never rated him, but after reading this, espeically learning that they should have won the Europa Cup? I give him more credit. Add to that he has had to deal with big player losses.....still I just think Valencia has potential to do better, be more consistent, get further in Europe when they bottled it time and again....and so I think he should go. Most importantly of cos I think is if they will get a better manager than him in, if they cant, then keep him Razz
BarcaLearning
BarcaLearning
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Apr 02, 2012 2:22 pm

My neighbour's dad was at the game yesterday and got Rami's t-shirt.

Having said that, all of the 5 Valencians in my residence absolutely hate Emery and are asking for his head.

They've been Liverpool-esque since the turn of the year

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Fri Apr 20, 2012 4:27 pm

He reportedly announced to his players that he is going
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by halamadrid2 Fri Apr 20, 2012 4:29 pm

Who will they get??? Preciado???
halamadrid2
halamadrid2
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Doc Fri Apr 20, 2012 4:31 pm

Ask Benitez if he wants to take time off from his busy schedule to manage Valencia...
Doc
Doc
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by halamadrid2 Fri Apr 20, 2012 4:40 pm

he has got a contract with Eurosport you dont want to mess with them Laughing
halamadrid2
halamadrid2
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by che Fri Apr 20, 2012 4:50 pm

http://www.superdeporte.es/valencia/2012/04/20/emery-plantilla-champions/159504.html

great thing to say to your players right before the end of the season, really...

also we're going after djukic apparently, which i don't mind at all
che
che
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Fri Apr 20, 2012 4:53 pm

AS linked them to Djukic, Pochettino, i'm sure someone like Deschamps would be of interest for them as well.

I think Deschamps would be great for them, defensive and pragmatic coach, he is great in cups as well, i could take them way past the round of 16 every year.

Benitez said he wanted a top team willing to fight for trophies, meaning a team ready to invest, a team with a long term project to be a dominant side. I doubt Valencia fit that, they are still struggling with managing their debts.
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next