JAY-Z
Rebaño Sagrado
rwo power
22 posters

Page 3 of 15 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 9 ... 15  Next

Go down

FC Basel - Page 3 Empty Re: FC Basel

Post by rwo power Tue Jul 17, 2012 12:20 pm

Today at 17:45 GMT+2, FC Basel will play away at Flora Tallinn (Estonia) in the first leg of the 2nd round CL qualifiers. *keeps fingers crossed for Basel*

rwo power
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by nh01 Tue Jul 17, 2012 12:51 pm

Come on Basel another Cl run!
nh01
nh01
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Club Supported : Borussia Mönchengladbach

Back to top Go down

Post by rwo power Tue Jul 17, 2012 6:23 pm

As there don't seem to be any moving pictures around of the match, here's UEFA.com's live ticker. Smile

http://www.uefa.com/uefachampionsleague/season=2013/matches/live/index.html?day=-6&session=1&match=2009410

FT: Flora Tallinn 0:2 FC Basel
65. Alexander Frei
87-. Alexander Frei (PK)

Looks promising for the second leg Smile
rwo power
rwo power
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Club Supported : Asante Kotoko

Back to top Go down

Post by rwo power Wed Jul 18, 2012 8:56 pm

FC Basel Squad 2011/12

The Goalkeepers:

#01 - Yann Sommer (23) (GK)
#?? - Marcel Herzog (32) (GK)
#23 - Massimo Colomba (34) (GK)

Spoiler:

The Defenders:

#05 - Arlind Ajeti (18) (CB)
#06 - Aleksandar Dragovic (21) (CB)
#19 - David Abraham (25) (CB)
#21 - Genséric Kusunga (23) (CB)
#29 - Radoslav Kovac (32) (CB)
#03 - Joo-Ho Park (25) (LB)
#04 - Philipp Degen (29) (RB)
#15 - Kay Voser (25) (RB)
#27 - Markus Steinhöfer (25) (RB)

Spoiler:

The Midfielders:

#08 - Benjamin Huggel (34) (DM)
#24 - Cabral (23) (DM)
#10 - Gilles Yapi (30) (CM)
#25 - Darko Jevtic (19) (CM)
#34 - Granit Xhaka (19) (CM)
#17 - Xherdan Shaqiri (20) (RM)
#11 - Scott Chipperfield (36) (LM)
#20 - Fabian Frei (23) (AM)
#14 - Valentin Stocker (22) (LW)
#28 - Stephan Andrist (24) (RW)

Spoiler:

The Attackers:

#09 - Marco Streller (30) (ST)
#13 - Alexander Frei (32) (ST)
#26 - Roman Buess (19) (ST)
#31 - Jacques Zoua (20) (ST)
#35 - Kwang-Ryong Pak (19) (ST)

Spoiler:

The 2012/13 Squad will be posted in the front page of this thread. I'll add the pics there when the transfer window is closed (gotta check when that is the case for Switzerland).
rwo power
rwo power
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by rwo power Sat Jul 21, 2012 7:43 pm

HT FC Basel 0-1 FC Luzern
17. Dario Lezcano

Luzern currently look much better than Basel. The latter can thank Yann Sommer or if could have been 3 goals against. Dunno what the Basel defense are doing today. I'm sure it is not playing football :facepalm:

BTW, Swiss TV is funny - they actually interview players in the half time break!
FC Basel - Page 3 Sc-0410

So. In the second half, the FC Basel seems to have woken. Alex Frei scored the 1:1 equalizer in the 61st minutes, and now Basel keep on attacking.

Eep! Now the Basel defense messed up big time again and Sommer had not the slightest chance when Lezcano scored his second goal in the 66th minute. Yann Sommer doesn't look amused at all.

After one Basel goal wrongfully was called offside, Marco Streller tried it a second time and scored the 2:2 in the 80th minute. Now Basel seem to want to win after all.

FT: FC Basel 2-2 FC Luzern
17. Lezcano
61. Streller
66. Lezcano
80. Streller

Entertaining match, this, and with several really good saves by Yann Sommer. Heart
rwo power
rwo power
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by boss Sun Jul 22, 2012 11:37 am

Wasnt it !
FT: FC Basel 2-2 FC Luzern
17. Lezcano
61. Streller FREI drunken
66. Lezcano
80. Streller
heyy Rwo 2b fair i still laugh when i see ur post No 31..loool
btw Basel needs another Albanian appart "Ajeti "! lol....however I really love to see Basel in CL again...great club....in fact Swiss league is very underrated but everyone knows what Basel did ! I hate bayern Mad
Good Luck Baseeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeel

boss
Starlet
Starlet

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by rwo power Sun Jul 22, 2012 4:23 pm

Eep, you are right about minute 61. and Alex Frei - I had it right when I wrote it down while I watched the match.

Well, so far the transfer window is still open, and as Eintracht Braunschweig are interested to sign Kwang-Ryong Pak on loan, one never knows whether Basel will look to sign another player or two. They could do with one or two tall new defensive players, if you ask me.

About the Swiss League - well, the overall quality isn't too good. At the moment, Basel will likely run away with the league in due time. (Last season when they won with a huge point difference to the second club, they started out with only 6 points from the first six matches, and this season they already got 4 points from 2 matches against the 4th placed team and the runner-up of the last season.)

About the CL qualification - Basel won 2:0 away against Tallinn, so it is pretty sure they will reach the next round (2nd leg is on Tuesday) where they will most likely meet the Norwegian champion Molde FK. If they also defeat Molde, they'd get into the CL play-offs and only a win there would get Basel into the group stage again. I hope they will make it, but it is in no way assured.

FC Basel - Page 3 Images10
Man of the Match against Luzern and fcb.ch agree Heart

Report about the match from SF Sport
Spoiler:

Last edited by rwo power on Wed Jul 25, 2012 8:53 pm; edited 1 time in total
rwo power
rwo power
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by rwo power Tue Jul 24, 2012 7:11 pm

Pfffff.... Basel are resting Yann Sommer today for the second leg of the CL quali against Flora Tallinn. I'm not amused at all as I wanted to watch my favourite cute Swiss goalie!

BTW, Molde FK defeated FK Ventspils today, so they are the opponent of Basel for the 3rd CL qualification round.

FC Basel
Vailati
Steinhöfer, Sauro, Dragovic, Voser
D. Degen, Cabral, Diaz, Vuleta
Zoua, Streller

Flora Tallinn
Pedok
Baranov, Palatu, Mets
Peitre, Alliku, Laabus, Frolov, Luigend
Prosa, Luts

9th minute: Basel 1-0 Tallinn, nice header by Zoua after a Steinhöfer assist.
31th minute: Basel 2-0, nice volley by Zoua after an assist by Streller
63th minute: Marcelo Diaz (freekick)

FT: FC Basel 3-0 Flora Tallinn

That means Basel is qualified for the 3rd round of the CL qualification where they meet Molde FK from Norway.
rwo power
rwo power
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by rwo power Sat Jul 28, 2012 6:53 pm

So, Grasshopper Club Zürich vs FC Basel just started. I shall post any event of note here. (Even if no one reads it anyway *tragical sigh*)

Grasshoppers Zürich:
Roman Bürki
Lang - Vilotic - Grichting - Taulant Xhaka
Salatic - Gashi
Feltscher - Toko - Hajrovic
Ben Khalifa

FC Basel:
Yann Sommer
Steinhöfer - Sauro - Dragovic - Park
D. Degen - Yapi - Cabral - Zoua
Alex Frei - Streller

Main event so far: The Grasshoppers GK Roman Bürki wears a not very stylish pale pink kit:
FC Basel - Page 3 Buerki10

Grasshoppers 0:1 Basel (15., Alex Frei)
Grasshoppers 1:1 Basel (28., Ben Khalifa)
Grasshoppers 1:2 Basel (46., Yapi - from good 40 metres!)

Yann Sommer saves Basel again and again today Heart
FC Basel - Page 3 Sc-0310

Awww! In the 82nd minute, Brahimi scored the 2:2 after all - the Basel defense was a total mess again. Steinhöfer and Cabral :facepalm:

FT Grasshopper Club Zürich 2:2 FC Basel
15. Alex Frei
28. Nassim Ben Khalifa
46. Giles Yapi Yapo
82. Mergim Brahimi

FC Basel - Page 3 Gc-fcb10

Basel will have to work harder when they want to win against Molde in the CL qualification! In the match against Grasshoppers, they virtually made two goals out of 1 chance when Yapi scored right after the break. On the other hand, they can thank Yann Sommer for plucking down crosses and corners whenever they got into the box, additional to a couple of nice saves. The defense looked pretty bad - Basel has to improve big time there.

BTW, there's a big advantage to the fact that Yann Sommer usually excels in the matches he plays in - he is regularly asked to give interviews after the games:

FC Basel - Page 3 Sc-0810
Man of the Match against GC and fcb.ch agree Heart

So. Next match will be Molde FK - FC Basel on Wednesday, August 1st (CL qualification, round 3, 1st leg).

Last edited by rwo power on Wed Aug 01, 2012 12:58 pm; edited 2 times in total
rwo power
rwo power
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by rwo power Tue Jul 31, 2012 7:16 pm

Tomorrow at 19:00 GMT+2, Telebasel.ch will broadcast the CL Quali match Molde FK vs FC Basel live and also stream it on the website http://www.telebasel.ch

BTW, Molde in Norway looks like quite a cool location. Here you can see the airport:
FC Basel - Page 3 Molde-10

And this is the stadium of Molde FK
FC Basel - Page 3 Molde-11
If you sky a freekick or penalty here, you might need to fish the ball out of the sea XD

The Basel guys just arrived at Molde:
Spoiler:
rwo power
rwo power
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Aug 01, 2012 6:10 am

This thread :bow:

Back to top Go down

Post by rwo power Wed Aug 01, 2012 7:05 am

*grin* I guess Basel is at least somewhat more interesting for people than RWO (who are currently in the 4th Liga Sad ), so let me indulge at least in one guilty pleasure. Razz

And on the plus side, they already have competitive matches since mid July, which is way more interesting than all those pre-season friendlies. ^^
rwo power
rwo power
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by boss Wed Aug 01, 2012 10:22 am

LOL !...I shall post any event of note here. (Even if no one reads it anyway *tragical sigh*)

Grasshoppers Zürich:
Roman Bürki
Lang - Vilotic - Grichting - Taulent Xhaka
Salatic - Gashi
..etc
@ RWO ...well as u know Razz Swiss League is my prefered1 also...how should't i like Swiss ? almost every single club have at least 1Albanian player:lol: Grasshoper 4-5 !wowww...one of em M.Brahimi who scored vs Basel u know..btw why did u wrote Grasshopers pl.Taulent Xhaka full name Razz ..it would be much interesting to put just Xhaka...well in fact his real name is TAULANT u know ...Edit Razz
However I love Swiss League ....The Best one around the world..imho...No bias !
@RWO >U simply The BeSt :bow:

boss
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by rwo power Wed Aug 01, 2012 10:57 am

Thank you very much for correcting my silly mistakes *bows* I shall correct that right away!

One curious question - is Albanian written with Latin letters or is there a different alphabet around? I mean, the pronunciation of the letters is unusual at least for people with Germanic language background.

By the way, I'm looking forward to watching the match of Basel vs Molde tonight!

Molde FK line-up:
Pettersen
Vatshaug - Hovland - Forren - Rindarøy
Eikrem - Hestand
Moström - Chima - Linnes
Angan

FC Basel line-up:
Sommer
Cabral - Yapi
David Degen - Diaz - Stocker
Streller

Basel played a rather lacklustre match against a strongly defending Molde FK. In the 26. minute, Angan was sent off with a straight red card for an assault against Dragovich (hit in the face). With one man down, Molde still defended very solidly and it was an ungainly tap-in by Zoua in the 77th minute as the only goal in the match that ended FK Molde 0:1 FC Basel.

The second leg will be played in Basel on Wednesday, August 8th at 20:00 GMT+2.
rwo power
rwo power
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by boss Fri Aug 03, 2012 11:04 am

Well 1st of all i'm happy to see Basel wining again and wish em a very good luck in 2nd leg also..in fact i'm sure they'll win..coz it's Basel u know.

_Ahh ,about" u'r mistakes" ..don't worry RWO ..i just love to make a bit fun..when u'r talking especially about albanians-SwissAlb Razz coz i am really Great in Albanian ....but i'm not so proud about my English even thought I always understand myself even all of this forum posters:lol: that's why i don't blame boss ...coz it's not my fault if anybody can't underst. me drunken
_However:
is Albanian written with Latin letters or is there a different alphabet around?
Mostly with Latin yeah and of course !there is a diff.alphab. arnd....it's a Special one.

boss
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by rwo power Sat Aug 04, 2012 10:17 pm

"A Special One" sounds cool Very Happy

Today's match against Sion ended in a draw.

FT: Sion 1:1 FC Basel

Goals: 49. Kovac (header after a freekick by Diaz) 0:1. 80. Léo (assist Bühler) 1:1

Sion: Vanins; Vanczak, Aislan, Dingsdag, Bühler; Gattuso (77. Manset), Marques (52. Serey Die); Margairaz, Darragi, Crettenand (52. Lafferty); Léo

Basel: Sommer; Voser, Sauro, Dragovic (46. Kovac), Park; Cabral; Zoua, Yapi, Diaz, Stocker (72. David Degen); Streller

In the beginning of the second half, the match was suspended for about ten minutes as there was a thunderstorm and the lights went partly out:

So, and now the compulsory Yann Sommer pic. ^^

FC Basel - Page 3 Fcb-se10
rwo power
rwo power
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by boss Sun Aug 05, 2012 11:37 am

Of course is a special one....but why u'r very happy hmm did u just had another mistake in a row Razz or..................hey RWO are u Albanian ? also..pls.:bow: ! well 2b honest i never doubt it....and sincerely sometimes i think that even Y.Sommer is one of many swiss pl. with alb.origine...loooooooooooooooooooool

btw congrats to both teams Sion(V.Basha) vs Basel (A.Ajeti) eco smile

boss
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by rwo power Sun Aug 05, 2012 11:53 am

boss wrote:Of course is a special one....but why u'r very happy hmm did u just had another mistake in a row Razz or..................hey RWO are u Albanian ?
Well, I studied linguistics for a while, but I focused more on the Germanic branch and its history, so I didn't have much chance to learn much about Albanian. And sorry, I have no Albanian roots that I know of. Sad

boss wrote: also..pls.:bow: ! well 2b honest i never doubt it....and sincerely sometimes i think that even Y.Sommer is one of many swiss pl. with alb.origine...loooooooooooooooooooool
*giggle* Well, one never knows ^^ After all, in the end all people on Earth have some African origins, too. Mankind has always been restless and ever on the move. Very Happy

boss wrote: btw congrats to both teams Sion(V.Basha) vs Basel (A.Ajeti) eco smile
Hehe. That is always the best thing banana
rwo power
rwo power
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by boss Sun Aug 05, 2012 12:23 pm

Hahh ! Ok Rwo just 4U & Sommer ,LOL > Alb.Alphabet (& 4everyone of course)!

Isn't it " A special one" hehh ? Smile .......... Well ,Sorry 2b off topic-SiNERELY....feel free 2 remove or delete it. No problem.

boss
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by rwo power Sun Aug 05, 2012 12:42 pm

That's really cool! Thank you.

And no, I won't delete it. As there are always quite some Albanians in Swiss teams in general and in Basel in particular, this sheds quite some light on the for Non-Albanian speakers unusual letter combinations Very Happy

So and what better way is there to get back on topic than another nice action pic of Basel's Nr.1:

FC Basel - Page 3 Yann-s10
rwo power
rwo power
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Yeezus Sun Aug 05, 2012 4:51 pm

Marcelo Diaz with a goal and an assit from set pieces already. GOAT

Yeezus
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : RO Blank

Back to top Go down

Post by rwo power Sun Aug 05, 2012 4:57 pm

Marcelo Diaz is looking like a very valuable player already! I think the more the team gels together, the more he will be able to direct the play from his position.
rwo power
rwo power
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by rwo power Wed Aug 08, 2012 5:22 pm

So, at 20:00 GMT+2, Basel will play the second leg of the 3rd CL qualification round at home against the Norwegian club Molde FM.

Other than that, Yann Sommer was voted both MotM against Sion
Source: http://www.fcb.ch/news/show/byItemID/de-de/10044/28339/16/7
*and* Swiss player of the month July ^^
Source: http://www.blick.ch/sport/fussball/superleague/sommer-ist-fussballer-des-monats-id1989218.html
Move over, Goal.com with their silly Top50 :coffee:

So. FC Basel vs Molde FM just started.

FC Basel Line-up:
Sommer
D. Degen - Diaz - Cabral - Yapi - Stocker
Streller

Molde FK Line-up:
Pettersen
Vatshaug - Hovland - Forren - Rindaröy
Linnes - Hestad - Eikrem - Moström
Berget - Chima

Uh-oh. Ole Gunnar Solskjær prepared his team very well for this match.

FC Basel - Page 3 Solskj10
Molde's Coach Ole Gunnar Solskjær

After the Norwegians already omitted two absolute sitters (well, the first was a great Yann Sommer save ^^), Jo Inge Berget finally scored the 3rd 100% chance in the 31st minute, and this time, Yann Sommer unfortunately didn't look too well. This was the first goal he let in in the CL qualification. -_-' I would like to know what the Basel defense was doing so far on the pitch, though. Proper defending it was not, I'm sure.

HT - FC Basel 0:1 Molde FK

Second half started with a woeful Basel again, but 10 minutes after the start of the second half, they finally start to find themselves better in the match. Now one of the Molde players is hurt and has to be subbed off. By the way, Diaz is looking pretty good in the Basel team and tries to make the play. Now Mohamed Salah gets his debut, he replaces Gilles Yapi.
Finally! In the 75th minute, David Degen scores the 1:1 banana
But whenever the ball gets towards the Basel goal, the Basel defense is virtually swimming. But the new Egyptian player Mohamed Salah is really looking good.

o_O Penalty against Basel in the 91st minute???

YANN SOMMER SAVES IT!!!!

FC Basel - Page 3 Yann-s11

FT - FC Basel 1:1 Molde FK

So Basel reached the next round of the CL Qualification. That was more work than expected, and after his silly mistake in the first half, Yann Sommer was the hero in the 91st minute after all...

FC Basel - Page 3 Sc-1510
The best Norwegian goalie and the best Swiss goalie swap shirts ^^

FC Basel - Page 3 Yann10
Penalty hero Yann Sommer in the interview

http://www.blick.ch/sport/fussball/fcb-sommer-zum-penalty-krimi-in-mir-war-eine-leere-id1992054.html

Last edited by rwo power on Wed Aug 22, 2012 12:25 am; edited 2 times in total
rwo power
rwo power
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by rwo power Fri Aug 10, 2012 11:40 am

Eep! Basel will have to take on CFR Cluj again (they met before and it was a close thing then, too). If they reach the CL groups this time, they will certainly have earned it!

Oh, and as I just found another utterly adorable pic of Basel's amazing penalty killer Yann Sommer, I will certainly not refrain from uploading it here Heart

FC Basel - Page 3 X61010

And here's the all-deciding penalty in the 92nd minute:
FC Basel - Page 3 Tumblr_m8i3a93xMX1rbrmfyo2_400 FC Basel - Page 3 Tumblr_m8i3a93xMX1rbrmfyo1_400

BTW http://www.fcb.ch/news/show/byItemID/de-de/10044/28345/26/7/7 banana

Last edited by rwo power on Sun Aug 26, 2012 1:16 am; edited 5 times in total
rwo power
rwo power
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by rwo power Sun Aug 12, 2012 4:55 pm

Today's Swiss Super League match: FC Basel vs FC Thun

FC Basel: Sommer; Steinhöfer, Sauro, Dragovic, Voser; Cabral, Diaz; D. Degen, Salah, Stocker; Streller.

FC Thun: Faivre; Reinmann, Matic, Ghezal, Wittwer; Hediger, Demiri; Zuffi, Schirinzi, Ferreira; Ngamukol.

09.) 1:0 - Marco Streller (PK)
31.) 2:0 - Marco Streller
35.) 2:1 - Enrico Schirinzi
43.) 3:1 - Valentin Stocker

FT - FC Basel 3:1 FC Thun
rwo power
rwo power
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Back to top Go down