Conte: 'Juve not losing momentum'

2 posters

Go down

Conte: 'Juve not losing momentum'  Empty Conte: 'Juve not losing momentum'

Post by DeviAngel Wed Mar 07, 2012 9:05 pm

Antonio Conte is adamant Juventus “are not losing momentum” after Bologna held them to their fifth draw in the last six games.

The Bianconeri had a game in hand, but the Stadio Dall’Ara match that was originally snowed off on February 12 ended 1-1.

“I cannot ask for any more from these lads, just as against Chievo we played very well against an organised opponent,” said the Coach.

“It’s a shame we didn’t win despite the efforts we put into it and the chances we created. These players hate losing and you can see that in the way they step on to the field.

“Once Bologna scored, they clammed up and tried to hit us on the counter-attack with those three very dangerous forwards. I am happy for Mirko Vucinic’s goal, as now he can feel less pressure.”

Juve were missing Giorgio Chiellini and Andrea Barzagli, but will now have Leonardo Bonucci suspended for the next game with Genoa as he was sent off.

“These absences must help us to grow. Now we’ll see, but Arturo Vidal could possibly play there, seeing as we’ll be without three centre-backs. We will try to beat Genoa despite the absences.

“We are on the right track and must continue like this. Marco Borriello is a player with strong physique who helps us to hold the ball up and open up space in attack. We’ve been playing continually recently, so some squad rotation is necessary.”

The Bianconeri are now two points behind leaders Milan, as they remain unbeaten, but have drawn five of their last six Serie A games.

“I don’t think we are dropping off the pace, no. I don’t think it’s right to talk about Juve losing momentum after today’s game. We proved today we can count on great men. If there was a slowing down, then it was only in terms of results.

“If we manage to win the Scudetto, it’ll be a miracle that will make us very happy.”

DeviAngel
DeviAngel
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Conte: 'Juve not losing momentum'  Empty Re: Conte: 'Juve not losing momentum'

Post by salmano9 Thu Mar 08, 2012 4:16 am

Our midfield needs rest not only does matri and quag!
salmano9
salmano9
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Malaga CF

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum