The Football played by Real now (Barca Fans only)

+9
billionmillion
Baraa
Madvillain
Hamdyman
FennecFox7
_LMG_10_
danyjr
billy_gr
BarcaLearning
13 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

The Football played by Real now (Barca Fans only) Empty The Football played by Real now (Barca Fans only)

Post by BarcaLearning Fri Mar 09, 2012 7:21 am

I hope I can make this thread. Ive wondering and thought Id ask the Barca fans opinions, since I dont want useless comments from some of the others Razz

What do u think Mourinho has done and why is the current Real team so strong?

I know some of the basics, they play a very quick counter attacking game with the best attacking players in a team atm, with a much improved defense than Real had in years b4. Despite many and I say counter attack, they are also able to break down teams though, able to pull defenders all over the place, or attack them from the wings of just dribbling from the center and around and playing 1-2s etc., Ive seen that quite a lot lately. Ramos has become a beast in CB, despite his occasional mistake, hes been immense I think, partnering Pepe or Cavarlho or Varane. Arbeloa are always solid, whoever fills in LB and RB atm do a top job as well. Alonso have improved a lot as well and defensively does a lot of good work, alongside whoever is his partner. And well the front 4 no need to mention, they area just great going forward and pressure hard when they lose the ball and win balls.

Overall, they also play at a much higher tempo and think and anticipate way faster than Ive seen them b4. Physically they are a very strong side and hence able to pull it off every game virtually. So I think all that and Mourinho able to keep all his stars all in top performing form, motivated and happy are what hes done really well, and usually tactically able to out think or match opponents, and u have this current Real team, winning almost all matches bar vs us.

Now there are some weaknesses still I feel, but not many. Their defense and midfield is still suspect when up against the best. Eg. if Casillias or Ramos has a poor game they could be in trouble. If their midfield 2 dont get enough help from the attackers and get outnumbered they have trouble. They are sometimes not taking their chances. And I have to say this, get no favours from refs in certain games Laughing (we know its true that they do), they bottle it. Many of the mentioned happen vs us but not been happening against other teams, certainly not in the league.

We are just much better in midfielder and overall edge them and so we still beat them. But what happen teams do u think can trouble them? Say in the CL? Man U? Milan? Bayern? Napoli? For me, we are the only team unfortunately. Until that changes Im worried that they will just keep winning games. Will they keep this up? Is it possible? Im really not sure. I didnt know they could but they've proved they can. The competition have pushed them up so much, just like for example Man C vs Man U in the EPL, when both winning more games than ever this season, although not at the same level. I remember someone said (I think it was Dani Alves) nowadays we have to play so good that even ref or defensive mistakes or bad luck (ie. any randomness) wont stop us from winning. Seems like they have achieved that atm...

Oh and I forgot my original question. How would u describe the football being played by Real atm? I would say its much more than just great counter attacking. For those good with tactics, could u describe or name some of their tactical strengths or strats they use that makes them so damn effective and hard to even just draw?

WOuld love to hear ur opinions hmm
BarcaLearning
BarcaLearning
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

The Football played by Real now (Barca Fans only) Empty Re: The Football played by Real now (Barca Fans only)

Post by billy_gr Fri Mar 09, 2012 7:58 am

OK I hate Mou. I just can’t stand the guy.
I give him this though. He knows how to discipline his guys.
Moudrid is this exactly; a team with great talent where Mou manages to infuse discipline and order.
From a football point of view I don’t think there’s a lot to be said that isn’t obvious yet. Madrid relies to both strength and speed having great players in every line.

My prediction though is that when Mou goes the construction will fall apart at least at some point.
billy_gr
billy_gr
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

The Football played by Real now (Barca Fans only) Empty Re: The Football played by Real now (Barca Fans only)

Post by danyjr Fri Mar 09, 2012 8:09 am

Why shouldn't they be a great team?
They have a great squad.
They have gelled together very well and this is vital for any fast attacking style.
They are physically sound.
They have a bench that can easily compete in La Liga so they can rotate the squad given their high-intensity high-tempo style to keep all the players fresh and avoid risking injuries. This makes them very consistent in the long run.
They work hard and are very motivated.
They have more tricks in their arsenal than any other team (headers, shooting, crossing, set-pieces).
But more importantly they are a team. To give a small example, Ronaldo never tracked back and helped defend in his whole career. This season, he has been in service of the team.

You just can't deny them being the deadliest team in the world right now when they want to attack. They bombard the opposition defence with menace.

Last edited by danyjr on Fri Mar 09, 2012 9:12 am; edited 2 times in total
danyjr
danyjr
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Boca Juniors

http://www.tikitakatoom.ml

Back to top Go down

Post by BarcaLearning Fri Mar 09, 2012 9:01 am

I Agree with u guys, Mourinho has brought that spine to them and discipline, workrate to press that they didnt have b4... I guess he just has a very strong mentality instilled in them already top class players so they have become great.... especially defensively which they were never strong at....

They play with menace and got so much elements to their game now I agree....much of it comes from Ronaldo. Actually if u take him out, they dont have much of an area threat, excluding set pieces obviously....and I still believe they are beatable and not perfect. They just have that invincibility about them atm. If a team beats them and they start to dip they wont be this consistent, just a matter of when...
BarcaLearning
BarcaLearning
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by danyjr Fri Mar 09, 2012 9:10 am

They still got very good set-piece takers. Better than any other team I can think of, even without Ronaldo. Özil's is the master of curling corners and indirect free kicks are Alonso's bread and butter.

La Liga is theirs this season (with a high possibility of a Champions League) and considering Mourinho stays for the remainder of his contract, I believe they will win Champions League and a couple more league titles. Barcelona have become too predictable in my opinion to compete with Madrid when consistency matters. Although when Xavi, Iniesta and Messi are on top form, they are still the best in the world by miles and can walk over opponents head-to-head.
danyjr
danyjr
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by _LMG_10_ Fri Mar 09, 2012 12:18 pm

I think the biggest contributing factor is the desperation and hunger for success.
This real madrid team had been getting their asses kicked forever. Barca had won 4 straight spanish leagues! 4!!
On top of that, they got their asses kicked in front of their own fans 6-2. Then they got their asses kicked 5-0 when they thought they could compete with Barca.
Then to make things even worse, they got destroyed in the champions league in front of the whole world a few months later....
This was utterly damaging to their egos because they were no match for barca, even with all the talent they had...

So, if you take Mourinho's competitive spirit + desperation of the fans/players + unlimited resources, you get a really strong team.

I'll admit, their playing style is pretty damn sexy at times, but what really pisses me off is that they're probably going to win the spanish league without beating us. I just hope we face them in the champions league so we can crush them again.

_LMG_10_
Starlet
Starlet

http://www.eurofootballweb.com

Back to top Go down

Post by BarcaLearning Sat Mar 10, 2012 4:31 am

_LMG_10_ wrote:I think the biggest contributing factor is the desperation and hunger for success.
This real madrid team had been getting their asses kicked forever. Barca had won 4 straight spanish leagues! 4!!
On top of that, they got their asses kicked in front of their own fans 6-2. Then they got their asses kicked 5-0 when they thought they could compete with Barca.
Then to make things even worse, they got destroyed in the champions league in front of the whole world a few months later....
This was utterly damaging to their egos because they were no match for barca, even with all the talent they had...

So, if you take Mourinho's competitive spirit + desperation of the fans/players + unlimited resources, you get a really strong team.

I'll admit, their playing style is pretty damn sexy at times, but what really pisses me off is that they're probably going to win the spanish league without beating us. I just hope we face them in the champions league so we can crush them again.

Its actually 3 straight titles, I wish it was 4 though Razz

Desperation im not sure can be a good motivating factor or at least other better ingridients must be added as well, the hurt ego, compeitiveness and things that actually improve them and concrete things that probably Mourinho managed to bring to the team...

I think CL meeting is very likely, I just view the 2 teams way better than all the others in Europe atm.... if we were to meet in the CL final that would be epic Very Happy
BarcaLearning
BarcaLearning
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by danyjr Sat Mar 10, 2012 5:34 am

If Barcelona want to win Champions League I assume they'd prefer not meeting Madrid in final but in an earlier stage. Barcelona are better over two legs but in one match luck plays a bigger role in the outcome of the match.
danyjr
danyjr
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by BarcaLearning Sat Mar 10, 2012 5:45 am

Thats probably true danyjr, it will largely depend on the draw obviously...happening on the 16th....cant wait!
BarcaLearning
BarcaLearning
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by FennecFox7 Sat Mar 10, 2012 8:12 am

I know you said barca fans, but I totally agree with you. Our midfield is our biggest weakness
FennecFox7
FennecFox7
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Hamdyman Sat Mar 10, 2012 10:00 am

Giggity5313 wrote:I know you said barca fans, but I totally agree with you. Our midfield is our biggest weakness

Infiltrator !! Quick.... down the gates !! Twisted Evil
Hamdyman
Hamdyman
Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by billy_gr Sat Mar 10, 2012 10:28 am

I'm on it Clubber

no Giggi is a nice guy eco smile
billy_gr
billy_gr
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by FennecFox7 Sat Mar 10, 2012 12:44 pm

lol Razz

Don't kill me Sad
FennecFox7
FennecFox7
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Madvillain Sat Mar 10, 2012 2:36 pm

The Football played by Real now (Barca Fans only) KILL-IT-WITH-FIRE-FUNNY-FORUM-PICS

jk. Wink I completely agree with _LMG_10_ though, it's mostly the hunger driving them. They play at 120% almost every game because it's been a couple very painfull years for them. Not winning anything and on top of that seeing their rival win it all year after year. They also have an awesome team. Easily best team in the world if it weren't for Barça. I don't think their midfield is their weakness, though. I think they have strong/world class players on all positions. But our strength does lie within our midfield. It just doesn't get any better.
Madvillain
Madvillain
Starlet
Starlet

http://thvnderbvrst.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post by FennecFox7 Sat Mar 10, 2012 3:44 pm

Trust me.. just watch us now, betis is killing alonso-khedira and kaka.
FennecFox7
FennecFox7
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Baraa Sat Mar 10, 2012 4:17 pm

_LMG_10_ wrote:I think the biggest contributing factor is the desperation and hunger for success.

lol
Baraa
Baraa
Starlet
Starlet

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by FennecFox7 Sat Mar 10, 2012 6:08 pm

We didn't get destroyed. But barca gave us a good run for our money, and were the better team I gotta sayh
FennecFox7
FennecFox7
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by BarcaLearning Sun Mar 11, 2012 5:10 am

Hete BLKSM wrote:The Football played by Real now (Barca Fans only) KILL-IT-WITH-FIRE-FUNNY-FORUM-PICS

jk. Wink I completely agree with _LMG_10_ though, it's mostly the hunger driving them. They play at 120% almost every game because it's been a couple very painfull years for them. Not winning anything and on top of that seeing their rival win it all year after year. They also have an awesome team. Easily best team in the world if it weren't for Barça. I don't think their midfield is their weakness, though. I think they have strong/world class players on all positions. But our strength does lie within our midfield. It just doesn't get any better.

So u think they dont have weakness? They play 4-2-3-1, and despite Ronaldo doing more defensively, I wouldnt say Ozil and Kaka are good defensively, they do their bit pressing and positioning, but time and again we proved we are superior in that department...

Giggsity looks ok so can stay Twisted Evil

But pls the other Real fans with nothing to add GTFO! Finally my turn to say it! Laughing

And watched betis game. I thought they will finally draw, but no. Despite Betis staying toe to toe with them for about 70 mins, Real still edged it, and probably deserved it...just. And thats just damn good, and even a bit scary....I dont think I've seen a team so determined, and with end result as strong as this... basically I lost count how many games they won straight, bar vs us and the CSKA last miunte goal for the draw...

Appears there isnt a real name for the style of football Real is playing atm? Can anyone think of one? Razz
BarcaLearning
BarcaLearning
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by billionmillion Sun Mar 11, 2012 6:12 am

BarcaLearning wrote:
But pls the other Real fans with nothing to add GTFO! Finally my turn to say it! Laughing
That revenge :bow:
billionmillion
billionmillion
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by FennecFox7 Sun Mar 11, 2012 1:10 pm

C
BarcaLearning wrote:
Hete BLKSM wrote:The Football played by Real now (Barca Fans only) KILL-IT-WITH-FIRE-FUNNY-FORUM-PICS

So u think they dont have weakness? They play 4-2-3-1, and despite Ronaldo doing more defensively, I wouldnt say Ozil and Kaka are good defensively, they do their bit pressing and positioning, but time and again we proved we are superior in that department...

And watched betis game. I thought they will finally draw, but no. Despite Betis staying toe to toe with them for about 70 mins, Real still edged it, and probably deserved it...just. And thats just damn good, and even a bit scary....I dont think I've seen a team so determined, and with end result as strong as this... basically I lost count how many games they won straight, bar vs us and the CSKA last miunte goal for the draw...

Appears there isnt a real name for the style of football Real is playing atm? Can anyone think of one? Razz

We counter attack pretty much, and our players are perfect for it. I mean after betis almost put one in the back of the net we were on the other side of the field after like 10 secounds O.O Thats how we scored vs you guys too
FennecFox7
FennecFox7
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by BarcaLearning Mon Mar 12, 2012 11:46 am

Thx guys Very Happy

Yes Real certainly the best at counter...they did a few amazing moves in that game....I dont know why but others teams dont park the bus as much as when they play us compared with playing u guys... although thats happened and players like Ozil and Di Maria proved time and again they can unlock it, and Marcelo etc, even Khedira is doing a lot attacking these days.... but I would like to see some more teams park the bus vs Real like vs us Razz
BarcaLearning
BarcaLearning
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by FennecFox7 Mon Mar 12, 2012 12:09 pm

actually they do but they go attack and thats when we strike.
FennecFox7
FennecFox7
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Mon Mar 12, 2012 1:41 pm

Teams dont park the bus against Madrid because they are quite fragile at the back and want to get chances.

Teams generally dont have problems scoring against them, they just let in more.

So teams commit more men to the attack, stupidly, then combined with how quick Madrid transition to attack you get what we see.
The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Madvillain Mon Mar 12, 2012 1:56 pm

BarcaLearning wrote:

Aren't you pretty much repeating what I said? I said Barça is superior, didn't I? But I don't really see any weakness in their team, no. Our team is simply better overall. Individually for the most part and also as a team. When I look at their starting 11, I could probably pick 3 players at most whom I think are better overall (but not necessarely prefer) over our most used starting eleven. Casillas, Ronaldo and Marcelo (with Abi's current form). But I hate Marcelo's guts (sometimes even more than Pepe) and Ronaldo isn't our type of player. Although I do think he would still do very well. I have a lot of respect for Casillas though. In my opinion the best in the world. Still don't see him in a Barça jersey though. Wink
Madvillain
Madvillain
Starlet
Starlet

http://thvnderbvrst.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Pedram Mon Mar 12, 2012 2:14 pm

The Franchise wrote:Teams dont park the bus against Madrid because they are quite fragile at the back and want to get chances.

Teams generally dont have problems scoring against them, they just let in more.

This.
Plus one reason i think teams can't park the bus against us is that we misplace a lot of passes and they usually counterattack us in those situations. we play a high line and Xabi is too slow at stopping counterattacks.
Pedram
Pedram
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next