Behind the scenes tour of your teams stadium

2 posters

Go down

Behind the scenes tour of your teams stadium Empty Behind the scenes tour of your teams stadium

Post by NiallQuinnsdiscoPants Mon Mar 12, 2012 5:15 pm

After reading a thread on the Sunderland forum where some one has been on a stadium tour, I thought it would be cool make a similar thread here where you can post pictures of cool features and information relating to your teams stadium, fans of other teams might not know about or have seen.

When you enter the Stadium of light by car you see this giant Davy lamp monument. A tribute to the mining industry of the area. The SOL is build on the site of a old coal mine.
Behind the scenes tour of your teams stadium 4112

The Boardroom
Behind the scenes tour of your teams stadium Boardroom001

Apparently when Roy Keane took over, he said too many of the walls were bare. So had various pictures of former players etc hung around the tunnel.

Behind the scenes tour of your teams stadium Safc4
Behind the scenes tour of your teams stadium Safc1

He also had this hung at the exit of the dressing room which players pass as they head towards the pitch.
Behind the scenes tour of your teams stadium Img0555ou

Exit of the tunnel
Behind the scenes tour of your teams stadium Safc5

The main thing I wanted to post was a few pictures of the main entrance to the SOL. But unfortunately there are not many around on the net. The main entrance is all marble and was designed to house this painting, which is quite historical.

Behind the scenes tour of your teams stadium Soccermultiple1

Those pictures dont really do it justice, it is much more impressive to see up close. It was painted in 1895 to celebrate Sunderland winning the title 3 times, depicting Sunderland Vs Aston Villa. It is the oldest painting in the world of a profesional football match.

The painting is huge, the gold ball at the bottom of the painting is the actual size of a football. In the 1900s the club nearly lost it. In a bid to raise money they offered it as a prize in a raffle. But the winner never came forward to collect it, because it probably wouldnt fit in any ones house.

Last edited by NiallQuinnsdiscoPants on Mon Mar 12, 2012 5:22 pm; edited 2 times in total
NiallQuinnsdiscoPants
NiallQuinnsdiscoPants
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Valencia

Back to top Go down

Behind the scenes tour of your teams stadium Empty Re: Behind the scenes tour of your teams stadium

Post by Jack Daniels Mon Mar 12, 2012 5:17 pm

"Into the light"

I like it.
Jack Daniels
Jack Daniels
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum