Babun
36 posters

Page 5 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Go down

Worst CL season - Page 5 Empty Re: Worst CL season

Post by Rebaño Sagrado Wed Mar 14, 2012 1:36 pm

Franchise defending RM :bow:

Say it with me now : HALA MADRID

Last edited by Rebaño Sagrado on Wed Mar 14, 2012 1:37 pm; edited 1 time in total

Rebaño Sagrado
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Omniscient Wed Mar 14, 2012 1:36 pm

Beating a mediocre Swiss club that nobody knew about before this year = Automatic best team in the world.

Omniscient
Starlet
Starlet

Club Supported : TSV 1860 Munich

Back to top Go down

Post by The Madrid One Wed Mar 14, 2012 1:36 pm

its "fanboyism" and you usually spot it right away franchise, nothing more.
The Madrid One
The Madrid One
"Imaybeonthesideoftheangels..."

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by The Messiah Wed Mar 14, 2012 1:39 pm

Well, we will let the Ball and The Wizzards do The Talking, See u and One of your Spanish Club next round, otherwise The round After.

Betöre I forget we Already rolled all over a Spanish Team home and away.
The Messiah
The Messiah
Banned (Permanent)

Club Supported : Chelsea

http://pose-grpp.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Wed Mar 14, 2012 1:40 pm

The Madrid One wrote:its "fanboyism" and you usually spot it right away franchise, nothing more.

I knew that long ago...however, he asks me why I had the opinion I had, not the other way around..

Also, your post isnt exactly perfect logc either so lets not throw stones when were in glass houses.

The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Wed Mar 14, 2012 1:41 pm

Idrisozet wrote:Well, we will let the Ball and The Wizzards do The Talking, See u and One of your Spanish Club next round, otherwise The round After.

Relegation threatened Vilarreal? Slow clap.

I really hope us or Madrid get you and put an end to this talk. Bayern are a great side and on their day they can match both teams, but your talking big with nothing backing it up right now.
The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by The Madrid One Wed Mar 14, 2012 1:42 pm

The Franchise wrote:
The Madrid One wrote:its "fanboyism" and you usually spot it right away franchise, nothing more.

I knew that long ago...however, he asks me why I had the opinion I had, not the other way around..

Also, your post isnt exactly perfect logc either so lets not throw stones when were in glass houses.

lol if we are ALL in glass houses then that goes without saying.
The Madrid One
The Madrid One
"Imaybeonthesideoftheangels..."

Back to top Go down

Post by jibers Wed Mar 14, 2012 1:44 pm

CL is poor to NT > Club teams to Bayern = Barca>Real.

Only on Goal Legacy
jibers
jibers
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by The Messiah Wed Mar 14, 2012 1:46 pm

The Franchise wrote:
Idrisozet wrote:Well, we will let the Ball and The Wizzards do The Talking, See u and One of your Spanish Club next round, otherwise The round After.

I really hope us or Madrid get you and put an end to this talk. Bayern are a great side and on their day they can match both teams, but your talking big with nothing backing it up right now.

Your Claim that Barcelona and Madrid are Above other Clubs are also Big Talks that Need defending on The Pitch Not Talk.

Untill then my opinion is that After Barca, Bayern is next in line followed by Milan and then comes Madrid, thats of Course if they can get past Cska today
The Messiah
The Messiah
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by jibers Wed Mar 14, 2012 2:00 pm

Idrisozet wrote:
The Franchise wrote:

Your Claim that Barcelona and Madrid are Above other Clubs are also Big Talks that Need defending on The Pitch Not Talk.

Untill then my opinion is that After Barca, Bayern is next in line followed by Milan and then comes Madrid, thats of Course if they can get past Cska today

Based on what? A few weeks ago you said that you were below Barca and you need to strengthen now you have changed your mind again? Bayern are not on Barcelonas level, maybe on Madrids level but not on Barcelonas level. ROFL, a team that has won 2 cls and 3 leagues is on the same leevl as your team that has done nothing and is getting dominated by Leverkusen? Jog it on mate.
jibers
jibers
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by The Messiah Wed Mar 14, 2012 2:18 pm

jibers wrote:
Idrisozet wrote:
The Franchise wrote:

Based on what? A few weeks ago you said that you were below Barca and you need to strengthen now you have changed your mind again? Bayern are not on Barcelonas level, maybe on Madrids level but not on Barcelonas level. ROFL, a team that has won 2 cls and 3 leagues is on the same leevl as your team that has done nothing and is getting dominated by Leverkusen? Jog it on mate.

If I can remember i also mention Re-Evaluation and how it Happens all The tIme. So i have re Evaluate The Team Ägäin and After Milan's 2nd Leg against Arsenal and currently how we are back to being One of The best Ägäin and scoring 14 Goals in 2 Matches during The process
The Messiah
The Messiah
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by jibers Wed Mar 14, 2012 2:28 pm

Idrisozet wrote:
jibers wrote:
Idrisozet wrote:
The Franchise wrote:

If I can remember i also mention Re-Evaluation and how it Happens all The tIme. So i have re Evaluate The Team Ägäin and After Milan's 2nd Leg against Arsenal and currently how we are back to being One of The best Ägäin and scoring 14 Goals in 2 Matches during The process

Yet you are still behind Dortmund and they will probably win the league. As far as I'm concerned, Barcelona are the best, your team is nowhere nesar Barcelonas level. I pray you get them in the next round. It would be a manita ffs.
jibers
jibers
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by The Messiah Wed Mar 14, 2012 2:35 pm

jibers wrote:
Idrisozet wrote:
jibers wrote:
Idrisozet wrote:
The Franchise wrote:

Yet you are still behind Dortmund and they will probably win the league. As far as I'm concerned, Barcelona are the best, your team is nowhere nesar Barcelonas level. I pray you get them in the next round. It would be a manita ffs.

Yeah Dortmund still have some games to play, plus one that will be against us.
Let wait until Friday But I will prefer to meet CSKA before playing Barca in final.

By the way I was wondering how Europa league is going? Didn't Basel send some team packing there.
The Messiah
The Messiah
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by jibers Wed Mar 14, 2012 2:41 pm

Idrisozet wrote:
jibers wrote:
Idrisozet wrote:
jibers wrote:
Idrisozet wrote:
The Franchise wrote:

Yeah Dortmund still have some games to play, plus one that will be against us.
Let wait until Friday But I will prefer to meet CSKA before playing Barca in final.

By the way I was wondering how Europa league is going? Didn't Basel send some team packing there.

lol is that your best? LOL. 3 cl finals four years son. One bad season doesn take that away. How is it that a Nigerian living in London came to support Bayern though? ROFL
jibers
jibers
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by The Messiah Wed Mar 14, 2012 2:43 pm

Because Bayern flows in my blood.
The Messiah
The Messiah
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by jibers Wed Mar 14, 2012 2:44 pm

Idrisozet wrote:Because Bayern flows in my blood.

ROFFFFFFFFFLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL
jibers
jibers
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by The Messiah Wed Mar 14, 2012 2:46 pm

jibers wrote:
Idrisozet wrote:Because Bayern flows in my blood.

ROFFFFFFFFFLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL

*bleep* You lol
The Messiah
The Messiah
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Wed Mar 14, 2012 2:59 pm

Rolllf Bayern best team in the world LMFAO. They aren't even best in Germany mate.
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Reggina

Back to top Go down

Post by Neutral Wed Mar 14, 2012 3:04 pm

dont see whats the problem. top 4 club teams in the world are still in it, given that madrid qualify.

Neutral
Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by StevieRayVaughan Wed Mar 14, 2012 3:47 pm

Bayern and Ac Milan are really a level down compared to Barca and MAdrid. Bayern, struggled against Basel in the first game, they are underperforming again in the Bundesliga by letting their comfortable lead slip by to Dortmund. Ac Milan have improved from last year, but their loss against Arsenal really raises question bout their mentality. However, I can see how both of these team can beat Real and Barca maybe in a one-off game (like the final) but not in over two games.

Also, both Real and Barca, have two lethal weapons each. Real has Mourinho and Ronaldo, and Barca has Pep and Messi. That alone makes such a huge difference. Two of the best coaches and two of the best players. No other team is even close in terms of talent.

In my opinion, just in terms of mostly attacking talent, Bayern's Robben, Ribery, Gomez, Bastien, Kroos, Muller or Ac Milan's Robihno, Ibra, Pato, Boateng, Shaarawy, are closer but still inferior to Real's Benzema, Higuain, Ozil, Kaka, Callejon, Di maria or Barca's Fabregas, Xavi, Iniesta, Sanchez, Pedro, Thiago. Now when you add Messi and Ronaldo into the equation is when the difference becomes even more visible.

I do agree with the premise that CL has lost a bit of its edge but no matter who was in the Cl, it will be either Real or Barca who will win it.

StevieRayVaughan
Starlet
Starlet

Club Supported : Southampton

Back to top Go down

Post by S Wed Mar 14, 2012 5:31 pm

This CL has more got to do with the top teams getting poorer this season.

And the lesser teams taking advantage of that.I mean look at Benfica ,had they not topped their group ,reaching the quarter finals would've been difficult in my honest opinion.

Teams like OM in the knockouts taking advantage of a really poor Inter side.I really wouldnt have expected Last year's Inter to lose to this OM to be honest.

And then there's Napoli who nobody gave a chance of getting out of that group.Though in this case they were clearly the 2nd best team in the group and it was more to do with Man City being poor tactically and ofcourse a hapless Villareal.

Napoli are the best of the "lesser" teams and yes they are a lesser team as far as this competition is concerned as they're new to this format and inexperienced.

Lets be honest ,APOEL's fairytale run is going to end in the quarters unless they somehow draw OM or a Benfica which isnt going to happen imo.Just my gut feeling.They've benefited a lot from their group.

Which takes me back to my original point they're here as a result of Porto and even Shakthar fairing poorly.

I am not trying to take down these team's perfomances as they are here based on their merits.But some of the top sides were really poor this season.It has to be said.

When it comes to winning the CL,dont see anybody other than Real or Barca winning it.Bayern with an outside chance.
S
S
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by Arquitecto Wed Mar 14, 2012 7:18 pm

Dear god I can't even fathom how Dani (and jibers to an extent) have to put up with such idiocy and faulty logic.

Here's the thing, when you have a team that plays with each other very very infrequently (NT) compared to teams that blend their ideas and play on a weekly basis, there WILL be an obvious difference quality, chemistry, calibration along with its execution. This, is simple logic and I don't even need to go further to prove this debate.

Espana at the moment are the best national team in the world. I won't even be humble here so I will go as far as saying they are the best by a considerable mile.

I disagree with Dani on the difference between the teams as if their was a hypothetical situation, I feel it would be a much closer match but with Barca edging it. But this is insanely theoretical and not even worth delving into how the tactics would work.

As for club level. Real and Barca are the best teams and by a considerable mile.

The rest of them who can compete are Milan, Bayern and United.

In my opinion, United is just as good as Bayern (if not better) as a few results shouldn't fool you along with the fact that Bayern have been pretty unimpressive in their league.

Also, I feel Bayern is better than Milan at the moment. This is only my personal opinion yet this doesn't mean Bayern are automatically better, as they have absolutely no basis to claim that. I only feel they are better simply because they are essentially the anti-thesis to Milan's style of play and would beat them based on their pacy wing attack. I feel where Milan can defeat Bayern is Allegri's talented tactical ability and the sheer footballing intelligence of our players which compensates for our dead slow pace.

Bayern fans cannot use their league position as a strength considering the League winners and current league toppers have flopped miserably in Europe last and this year.

And they cannot use their measure of strength by beating a tactically inept Swiss team, nor can neutrals use Milans' 2nd leg performance as a measure of their strength as I explained 100 times.

Coming back to national teams, the Champions League is 3 times the quality that national football is based on obvious reasons that Dani has already explained.

Arquitecto
Arquitecto
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by Lord Spencer Wed Mar 14, 2012 7:42 pm

I think you guys misunderstood the post that said NT is better than club football.

I think he meant that the NT are more competitive, which is true because you have more teams that are equally good. But CL is less competitive because you have more cannon fodder.

It is obvious that CL football is of a higher quality, but it is also obvious that the gulf between the top and bottom is huge in club football. APOEL will not be as dangerous to Barca as Japan would be to Spain.

Simply put, teams that reach the KO stages in the WC and the Euro are too passionate and stubborn to be beaten by 7 goals.

On the Bayern/Milan/Barca/Madrid topic;

It is clear that both Barca and Madrid are favorites. But Milan and Bayern are not far behind. Injuries and suspensions might cost any team the tie.

Honestly, saying Bayern is in Barca's level is ludicrous at this stage. Simply because you can't prove it.

In the end this KO football, and anything can really happen.

On topic;

this has been a really entertaining CL season, the decline of quality in the lower teams is only natural due to the low income they generate.
Lord Spencer
Lord Spencer
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by Lord Hades Wed Mar 14, 2012 7:56 pm

i actually find it one of the best cls in recent memory

the european powerhouses like man united , inter milan(okay so they were powerhouses in the last 2 seasons at least) , arsenal all knocked out , chelsea on the verge of being knocked out , a squad as talented as man city not playing in the knock outs

sure a couple of big wins but there have been big wins in most cls i have watched in the last 5 years from 2007 onwards,, united 7-1 roman ,liverpool 4-0 madrid is as disgraceful as basel and leverkusen's performance ..

so just enjoy it, its still one of the most enjoyable competitions according to m e

Lord Hades
Lord Hades
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by rwo power Wed Mar 14, 2012 8:04 pm

Lord Spencer wrote:this has been a really entertaining CL season, the decline of quality in the lower teams is only natural due to the low income they generate.
I think it is actually more intriguing that financial power houses like ManCity and ManUtd went out early.

As for the NT thing - the German NT usually has quite some good chemistry as Neuer, Lahm, Badstuber, Boateng, Kroos, Schweinsteiger and Gomez usually play together at Bayern all the time nowadays. So a comparison Bayern - German NT is a bit tricky. For the German NT we lose Alaba, Robben & Ribery, but gain Özil, Götze and Hummels (for example - Klose, Reus, Höwedes are other options). Hummels as former Bayern youth player likely knows the Bayern style still, too, same with Klose who played quite a while for Bayern,. too.
rwo power
rwo power
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Club Supported : Asante Kotoko

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Thu Mar 15, 2012 12:33 am

I went too far, Barcelona would not crush Spain. Spain have the advantage over other NT in that alot of thier players play together often. However, with Messi, Barca are a completely different animal to Span.

However, the notion that NT football is even close to club football is simply funny.

Look, Jibbers is right. Alot of this is speculation. However, there is one thing which isnt speculation.

Clubs train 8-9 months togehter, national teams a combined what 2 months and only a week or two at a time?

Anyone who has coached at any kind of level knows the difference of this, even if you havent coached at any level this should be obvious thanks to common sense.

If you need more evidence. I advise you look at Brazil 70. They trained together for 3 months, not even the 8-9 months like club football...and they put on performances which many consider the best of any side, ever.

They Bayern thing, that really is a non starter. I am sorry, but all I can say is win, just win. When you do that, lets talk.

The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next