BiasedMilanFan3
Pedram
Babun
36 posters

Page 2 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Go down

Worst CL season - Page 2 Empty Re: Worst CL season

Post by Babun Tue Mar 13, 2012 10:26 pm

The Franchise wrote:I repeat...Monaco and Porto made it to the FINAL.

Do you realise how poor the rest of the teams had to be for this to happen?
Look, I'm not talking about quality. I'm talking about competition. the teams back then weren't as terrific as current Farca , Madrid or Bayern but level of difference wasn't that high. At the moment, you have few god teams and garbage teams compared to them.

Babun
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Seppuku Tue Mar 13, 2012 10:26 pm

When was the last Euro or WC where two teams in the knockout phase suffered such heavy defeats?

Feck 2 teams, how about 1 team?

Seppuku
Seppuku
Starlet
Starlet

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by Babun Tue Mar 13, 2012 10:28 pm

Seppuku wrote:When was the last Euro or WC where two teams in the knockout phase suffered such heavy defeats?

They confuse competition with quality eco smile
Babun
Babun
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Tue Mar 13, 2012 10:29 pm

Seppuku wrote:When was the last Euro or WC where two teams in the knockout phase suffered such heavy defeats?

You cant be serious, please tell me your trolling so I can take your warning level down or something.
The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Le Samourai Tue Mar 13, 2012 10:29 pm

That says more about the standard deviation in the quality of teams than the actual quality of the teams in the competition (Babun did I use the proper statistics jargon hmm ).
Le Samourai
Le Samourai
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Tue Mar 13, 2012 10:31 pm

Immortal Babun wrote:
The Franchise wrote:I repeat...Monaco and Porto made it to the FINAL.

Do you realise how poor the rest of the teams had to be for this to happen?
Look, I'm not talking about quality. I'm talking about competition. the teams back then weren't as terrific as current Farca , Madrid or Bayern but level of difference wasn't that high. At the moment, you have few god teams and garbage teams compared to them.

That doesnt make it the worst CL, even if it what you say is correct.

The worst CL is the one with the least quality...which is not this one.
The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Babun Tue Mar 13, 2012 10:32 pm

Le Samourai wrote:That says more about the standard deviation in the quality of teams than the actual quality of the teams in the competition (Babun did I use the proper statistics jargon hmm ).
You can't use statistical terms here at all eco smile Competition which is very uneven negates its meaning, it isn't a competition then. The situation is called exhibition eco smile
Babun
Babun
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Seppuku Tue Mar 13, 2012 10:33 pm

The Franchise wrote:

You cant be serious, please tell me your trolling so I can take your warning level down or something.

This is like what the 3rd time you completely avoid the question at hand and retort with insults? Are you incapable of carrying out a normal human discussion? Are you mentally deficient?

If so please let me know so I can adjust my writing. Ill tone it down for ya.

Seppuku
Seppuku
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by Le Samourai Tue Mar 13, 2012 10:34 pm

Immortal Babun wrote:
Le Samourai wrote:That says more about the standard deviation in the quality of teams than the actual quality of the teams in the competition (Babun did I use the proper statistics jargon hmm ).
You can't use statistical terms here at all eco smile Competition which is very uneven negates its meaning, it isn't a competition then. The situation is called exhibition eco smile

:vagi:

Honestly, I'm dying to know if I got the principle of standard deviation correct lol.
Le Samourai
Le Samourai
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by the xcx Tue Mar 13, 2012 10:35 pm

The Franchise wrote:Its sad Arq, im very aware of what kind of poster he is...still posted lol

Look whos talking Laughing.......
OT: Not the worst, but definitelly surprising.
the xcx
the xcx
Banned (Decade)

Back to top Go down

Post by Babun Tue Mar 13, 2012 10:35 pm

Le Samourai wrote:
Immortal Babun wrote:

:vagi:

Honestly, I'm dying to know if I got the principle of standard deviation correct lol.
Understanding a principle is one thing, applying another eco smile You understood the principle but failed to apply, I'd say eco smile
But, the problem if you applied the principle wrong then you didn't understand the nature completely eco smile

Last edited by Immortal Babun on Tue Mar 13, 2012 10:36 pm; edited 1 time in total
Babun
Babun
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Tue Mar 13, 2012 10:36 pm

Seppuku wrote:
The Franchise wrote:

This is like what the 3rd time you completely avoid the question at hand and retort with insults? Are you incapable of carrying out a normal human discussion? Are you mentally deficient?

What insult? lol

Anyway, if you cant see the obvious flaw in your logic I cant really help you.

You are actually serious arent you?

If no team got thrashed this bad at the WC..perhaps, it has something to do with no more than 5 teams having any intrest in attacing..which might be down to the fact that most of them had trouble stringing together 5 passes in a row.

The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Le Samourai Tue Mar 13, 2012 10:38 pm

I understood the principle :bow:

BTW since there are competing interests, there is competition, everyone wants to win the prize some simply don't have the ability to.However exogenous factors can always alter that. Therefore,it is a competition :coffee:
Le Samourai
Le Samourai
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Tue Mar 13, 2012 10:39 pm

The xcx wrote:
The Franchise wrote:Its sad Arq, im very aware of what kind of poster he is...still posted lol

Look whos talking Laughing.......
OT: Not the worst, but definitelly surprising.

And here comes number 2 lol
The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Arquitecto Tue Mar 13, 2012 10:40 pm

Seppuku wrote:
The Franchise wrote:

A typical, classless and nonsensical Seppicup post.

Ironic thing is that you failed to provide ANY explanation for your sensationalist and frankly, hilarious post.

Sadly, you wont, but just resort to another rant resembling a tired old man with estrogen flowing through his body.

Arquitecto
Arquitecto
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by Le Samourai Tue Mar 13, 2012 10:41 pm

If the roles were reversed and Ronaldo had scored 5 ( which is entirely plausible) I could see Jiopsi, Billion and co doing their thing to be fair.

Haters Gonna Hate.
Le Samourai
Le Samourai
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Seppuku Tue Mar 13, 2012 10:42 pm

First of all lets be clear that we aren't talking about the last WC or Euro only, but cumulatively.

Are you saying Brazil 02, France 98, Spain 08 couldn't string 5 passes together to thrash opponents at the knockout stages? Is that really the kind of "logic" your pushing here?

Seppuku
Seppuku
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by Seppuku Tue Mar 13, 2012 10:47 pm

Arquitecto wrote:
Seppuku wrote:
The Franchise wrote:

A typical, classless and nonsensical Seppicup post.

Ironic thing is that you failed to provide ANY explanation for your sensationalist and frankly, hilarious post.

Sadly, you wont, but just resort to another rant resembling a tired old man with estrogen flowing through his body.

Actually I've repeatedly said why I think those competitions are better. At this level in the Euro's or WC you simply don't see teams getting grilled like this.

Anyways, I don't understand why people are throwing a hissie fit over here. Didn't insult your mother.
Seppuku
Seppuku
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Tue Mar 13, 2012 10:50 pm

Dude, can you read?

No more than 5 teams is what I said.

Love how your trying to add other year, dating more than 10 years ago lol

Then comparing it to one single CL season....smart....

The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Seppuku Tue Mar 13, 2012 11:03 pm

Frankly I don't get what your point is here. I am saying that I have never (or at least I don't recall) any team in the knockout stages of the Euro or the WC ever getting a drubbing like this (let alone 2).

You reply by saying that teams in the WC or Euro simply aren't interested in attacking or stringing 5 passes together. I reply by saying that there are examples of such teams that were (very much) capable but were still unable to do such feats.

The simple fact is that the later stages of the WC/Euro's usually have a higher caliber of teams. Euro 2008 for example had Portugal, Germany, Croatia, Turkey, Netherlands, Russia, Spain and Italy.

I think what it boils down to, is the quality of teams at the later stages of NT competitions, I simply don't see any of the aforementioned teams getting demolished like this.
Seppuku
Seppuku
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by Lex Tue Mar 13, 2012 11:10 pm

Meh every football tournament is "the worst i've ever seen", until the next one comes along, that is. It's become cliché as f*ck
Lex
Lex
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Valencia

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Tue Mar 13, 2012 11:15 pm

Teams taking a drubblign doesnt mean the entire level is lower...how can you not see past that.

Maybe teams didnt get beat up so bad because they were so defensive...and they were so defensive because they couldnt attack fluently..and they couldnt attack fluenty because....THEY ARENT GOOD TEAMS.

Look at WC 2010, the level was poor. Minus Chile, Spain, Germany....im already struggling to name more...the rest didnt even attack.

Spain won and they were terrible, scrapping 1-0's...poor level, because the players are tired plus it was basically Barca minus Messi...and this was the best team by a mile.

And before you even go on, comparing competitions 4 years ago and more to this current CL is quite silly.

National football is way below club football, its not even close.

In the WC, the Ivory Coast had the 3rd best passing accuracy...A midfield of Tiote, Yaya and Zokara were the 3rd best passing team....really.....
The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Die Borussen Tue Mar 13, 2012 11:33 pm

true ! it is one of the worst in terms of competition

you know by the fact the teams such as napoli,basel and marseile were able to eliminate teams like chelsea united city and inter so far in the competition
means only one thing and thats not napoli basel or marseile are too good.. it means that the top clubs have dropped quality

so basicly the competition is real,barca,bayern,milan only 4 teams to compete for the title already from the quarters

EPL clubs dropped quality -> possibly no EPL clubs in the quarters -> less competition

Die Borussen
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by Seppuku Tue Mar 13, 2012 11:35 pm

The Franchise wrote:National football is way below club football, its not even close.

Well, run a hypothetical simulation. Put the teams of the most recent WC or Euro's head-to-head against the most recent CL teams. Place them in random fixtures, assign three board members with a valued opinion to see which teams hypothetically would come out on top in a match. Then count which of the two tournaments have the more winning teams.

I think that would about settle the argument.

Seppuku
Seppuku
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by jibers Tue Mar 13, 2012 11:41 pm

The Franchise wrote:Teams taking a drubblign doesnt mean the entire level is lower...how can you not see past that.

Maybe teams didnt get beat up so bad because they were so defensive...and they were so defensive because they couldnt attack fluently..and they couldnt attack fluenty because....THEY ARENT GOOD TEAMS.

Look at WC 2010, the level was poor. Minus Chile, Spain, Germany....im already struggling to name more...the rest didnt even attack.

Spain won and they were terrible, scrapping 1-0's...poor level, because the players are tired plus it was basically Barca minus Messi...and this was the best team by a mile.

And before you even go on, comparing competitions 4 years ago and more to this current CL is quite silly.

National football is way below club football, its not even close.

In the WC, the Ivory Coast had the 3rd best passing accuracy...A midfield of Tiote, Yaya and Zokara were the 3rd best passing team....really.....

This is BS. How were Spain poor? Did you see the teams they were facing? All the teams they played just parked the bus. And saying that Spain are Barcelona without Messi is laughable. They use the same principles such as off the ball movement to create space but the application is different. Plus NT football is too negative. It wasn't poor, that is just the way it is atm. Plus it didn't help that they used that stupid Jabulani ball.

jibers
jibers
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by jibers Tue Mar 13, 2012 11:42 pm

Seppuku wrote:
The Franchise wrote:National football is way below club football, its not even close.

Well, run a hypothetical simulation. Put the teams of the most recent WC or Euro's head-to-head against the most recent CL teams. Place them in random fixtures, assign three board members with a valued opinion to see which teams hypothetically would come out on top in a match. Then count which of the two tournaments have the more winning teams.

I think that would about settle the argument.

Is this a joke? or are you seriously telling me that teams were they see each other once a month are greater than teams were they see each other everyday?
jibers
jibers
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next