Pedram
Babun
36 posters

Page 3 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Go down

Worst CL season - Page 3 Empty Re: Worst CL season

Post by jibers Tue Mar 13, 2012 11:42 pm

Seppuku wrote:
The Franchise wrote:National football is way below club football, its not even close.

Well, run a hypothetical simulation. Put the teams of the most recent WC or Euro's head-to-head against the most recent CL teams. Place them in random fixtures, assign three board members with a valued opinion to see which teams hypothetically would come out on top in a match. Then count which of the two tournaments have the more winning teams.

I think that would about settle the argument.

Is this a joke? or are you seriously telling me that teams were they see each other once a month are greater than teams were they see each other everyday?

jibers
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Seppuku Tue Mar 13, 2012 11:47 pm

Yah its a joke never mind, I mean B.Leverkusen is surely better than Germany NT. Silly me they see each other everyday and all.
Seppuku
Seppuku
Starlet
Starlet

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Tue Mar 13, 2012 11:51 pm

jibers wrote:
The Franchise wrote:Teams taking a drubblign doesnt mean the entire level is lower...how can you not see past that.

Maybe teams didnt get beat up so bad because they were so defensive...and they were so defensive because they couldnt attack fluently..and they couldnt attack fluenty because....THEY ARENT GOOD TEAMS.

Look at WC 2010, the level was poor. Minus Chile, Spain, Germany....im already struggling to name more...the rest didnt even attack.

Spain won and they were terrible, scrapping 1-0's...poor level, because the players are tired plus it was basically Barca minus Messi...and this was the best team by a mile.

And before you even go on, comparing competitions 4 years ago and more to this current CL is quite silly.

National football is way below club football, its not even close.

In the WC, the Ivory Coast had the 3rd best passing accuracy...A midfield of Tiote, Yaya and Zokara were the 3rd best passing team....really.....

This is BS. How were Spain poor? Did you see the teams they were facing? All the teams they played just parked the bus. And saying that Spain are Barcelona without Messi is laughable. They use the same principles such as off the ball movement to create space but the application is different. Plus NT football is too negative. It wasn't poor, that is just the way it is atm. Plus it didn't help that they used that stupid Jabulani ball.

Teams park the bus all the time vs Barca, they dont scrap all their games 0-0.

That was the best team in the WC..compare them to the best team in Club football, the difference is huge.

I said they are BASICALLY tired Barca with Messi...they obviosly are not exactly the same, that doesnt even need to be said..but they have the same core.

NT football isnt negative because "thats just the way it is", there are reasons...tied to the rest of my post.
The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by leemhuis Tue Mar 13, 2012 11:51 pm

From a practical view. How you do it? Some big club have NT players from big NT teams.
leemhuis
leemhuis
Banned (Permanent)

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by jibers Tue Mar 13, 2012 11:52 pm

Seppuku wrote:Yah its a joke never mind, I mean B.Leverkusen is surely better than Germany NT. Silly me they see each other everyday and all.

Seriously dude, how can you compare the German NT to the 3rd best team in the German League?
jibers
jibers
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Tue Mar 13, 2012 11:53 pm

Seppuku wrote:
The Franchise wrote:National football is way below club football, its not even close.

Well, run a hypothetical simulation. Put the teams of the most recent WC or Euro's head-to-head against the most recent CL teams. Place them in random fixtures, assign three board members with a valued opinion to see which teams hypothetically would come out on top in a match. Then count which of the two tournaments have the more winning teams.

How would one go about that?

Ask members on this forum their opinion? Is that what your getting at?
The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by droit_au_but Tue Mar 13, 2012 11:53 pm

I rather like this UCL season, it has been good to me so far
droit_au_but
droit_au_but
Prospect
Prospect

Club Supported : Newcastle

Back to top Go down

Post by jibers Tue Mar 13, 2012 11:54 pm

The Franchise wrote:
jibers wrote:
The Franchise wrote:Teams taking a drubblign doesnt mean the entire level is lower...how can you not see past that.

Maybe teams didnt get beat up so bad because they were so defensive...and they were so defensive because they couldnt attack fluently..and they couldnt attack fluenty because....THEY ARENT GOOD TEAMS.

Look at WC 2010, the level was poor. Minus Chile, Spain, Germany....im already struggling to name more...the rest didnt even attack.

Spain won and they were terrible, scrapping 1-0's...poor level, because the players are tired plus it was basically Barca minus Messi...and this was the best team by a mile.

And before you even go on, comparing competitions 4 years ago and more to this current CL is quite silly.

National football is way below club football, its not even close.

In the WC, the Ivory Coast had the 3rd best passing accuracy...A midfield of Tiote, Yaya and Zokara were the 3rd best passing team....really.....

This is BS. How were Spain poor? Did you see the teams they were facing? All the teams they played just parked the bus. And saying that Spain are Barcelona without Messi is laughable. They use the same principles such as off the ball movement to create space but the application is different. Plus NT football is too negative. It wasn't poor, that is just the way it is atm. Plus it didn't help that they used that stupid Jabulani ball.

Teams park the bus all the time vs Barca, they dont scrap all their games 0-0.

That was the best team in the WC..compare them to the best team in Club football, the difference is huge.

I said they are BASICALLY tired Barca with Messi...they obviosly are not exactly the same, that doesnt even need to be said..but they have the same core.

NT football isnt negative because "thats just the way it is", there are reasons...tied to the rest of my post.

Yes, and Messi is the main reason that Barcelona breaks teams down. That's besides the point. NT football is neagtaive obviously because of various reasons. Anyways that's off topic.

OT The cl has been getting progressively worse. Last season broke the camels back, this season might be slightly better but it is still pretty poor
jibers
jibers
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Seppuku Tue Mar 13, 2012 11:56 pm

jibers wrote:Seriously dude, how can you compare the German NT to the 3rd best team in the German League?

I just took your statement word for word.

Either way, you think Man.United in a hypothetical match could win against the Germany NT?

I honestly don't.
Seppuku
Seppuku
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by The Messiah Tue Mar 13, 2012 11:57 pm

So its worst cpl Because English Teams got rolled all over, lets Not forget Basel Kicked United ans Neverkusen Kicked Chelsea. Bayern and Barcelona just possess a very Strong attack which is better for The competition.
The Messiah
The Messiah
Banned (Permanent)

Club Supported : Chelsea

http://pose-grpp.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by jibers Tue Mar 13, 2012 11:59 pm

The Franchise wrote:
Seppuku wrote:

How would one go about that?

Ask members on this forum their opinion? Is that what your getting at?

LOL, can't belive his comment tbh...
jibers
jibers
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by jibers Wed Mar 14, 2012 12:01 am

Idrisozet wrote:So its worst cpl Because English Teams got rolled all over, lets Not forget Basel Kicked United ans Neverkusen Kicked Chelsea. Bayern and Barcelona just possess a very Strong attack which is better for The competition.

This has nothing to do with English teams. I thnk club football in EUrope has dropped in every level bar Spain. The EPL is suffering, the best team in Germany isn't in the cl, too many topteams are in the beginning of changing cycles atm, allowing the rest of these nobodys to take advantage.

I personally think the standards of football have dropepd overall.
jibers
jibers
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Seppuku Wed Mar 14, 2012 12:03 am

I said valued members. Somebody who claims Cruyff was the main reason Spain won the WC isn't particularly needed.
Seppuku
Seppuku
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by The Messiah Wed Mar 14, 2012 12:05 am

jibers wrote:
Idrisozet wrote:So its worst cpl Because English Teams got rolled all over, lets Not forget Basel Kicked United ans Neverkusen Kicked Chelsea. Bayern and Barcelona just a very Strong attack which is better for The competition.

This has nothing to do with English teams. I thnk club football in EUrope has dropped in every level bar Spain. The EPL is suffering, the best team in Germany isn't in the cl, too many topteams are in the beginning of changing cycles atm, allowing the rest of these nobodys to take advantage.

I personally think the standards of football have dropepd overall.

Would you say thesame Thing about Europa, how is The quality like? I am sorry I dont watch it
The Messiah
The Messiah
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Wed Mar 14, 2012 12:05 am

Seppuku wrote:
jibers wrote:Seriously dude, how can you compare the German NT to the 3rd best team in the German League?

Either way, you think Man.United in a hypothetical match could win against the Germany NT?

I honestly don't.

Barcelona are far better than Spain.

Madrid far better than Holland.

Man Utd, Man City, Bayern, Milan better than Brazil, Germany, Urugauy and Ghana.

Could go on really.

Strong NT's look good, even if they dont trash opponants (though they still do on occassion, Germany and Spain have done this season) however, you can see the real different in quality.

It only makes sense, the clubs train together what, 8-9 months in the year at the very least...clubs, 1 week at a time every couple months then maybe a couple weeks before a tournament.

The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Le Samourai Wed Mar 14, 2012 12:09 am

Not for long Very Happy
Le Samourai
Le Samourai
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by FalcaoPunch Wed Mar 14, 2012 12:09 am

Club quality vs National team quality?
The f??
FalcaoPunch
FalcaoPunch
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : RO Blank

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Wed Mar 14, 2012 12:11 am

Le Samourai wrote:

Not for long Very Happy

Why not?

The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by DuringTheWar Wed Mar 14, 2012 12:23 am

The Franchise wrote:
Seppuku wrote:

I honestly don't.

Man Utd, Man City, Bayern, Milan better than Brazil, Germany, Urugauy and Ghana.

Could go on really.

Strong NT's look good, even if they dont trash opponants (though they still do on occassion, Germany and Spain have done this season) however, you can see the real different in quality.

It only makes sense, the clubs train together what, 8-9 months in the year at the very least...clubs, 1 week at a time every couple months then maybe a couple weeks before a tournament.

Germany are better than all those teams. I think people have a tendancy to hype up club teams a bit much lol, blame sky sports

how are spain far worse than barcelona? ok they lose messi, they have a far better goalkeeper and capitan, better defensive options, and more depth in midfield and forward areas (particularly silva)
DuringTheWar
DuringTheWar
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by Le Samourai Wed Mar 14, 2012 12:23 am

Gradual transition from plain tiki taka to a combination of tiki taka and counter attack.

We have the players for it, Xavi just needs to retire, Barca'll miss him more than we will.

Pipe dream, i know....

OT can Thiago play the role Iniesta did at the Euros?
Le Samourai
Le Samourai
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Seppuku Wed Mar 14, 2012 12:23 am

@ The Franchise,

I disagree. First of all, I said random fixtures, we can't unfavorably place teams in specific matches.

I also think you jumped way higher to the the top level echelon of teams and forgot the essential point. Smaller team that come through the WC and Euro's are simply stronger than the smaller teams that come through the CL.

Teams like Russia, South Korea, Japan and Australia are easily better than the likes of FC Copenhagen or Basel. Which brings us back to the point of why you don't see teams eating dirt at the knockout stages. The caliber of teams at the lower level is simply higher.

At the higher level, I think its debatable. Bayern, R.Madrid and Farca are probably stronger than the NT's. The rest? I doubt. I don't see Milan disposing of Germany for example. Man.United? puhleeeez.

Seppuku
Seppuku
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Wed Mar 14, 2012 12:55 am

Diego Armando Maradona wrote:
The Franchise wrote:
Seppuku wrote:

I honestly don't.

Could go on really.

Germany are better than all those teams. I think people have a tendancy to hype up club teams a bit much lol, blame sky sports

how are spain far worse than barcelona? ok they lose messi, they have a far better goalkeeper and capitan, better defensive options, and more depth in midfield and forward areas (particularly silva)

No, they arent...Germany are not better.

Better captain than Puyol...your dreaming...even so, goalie and captain..loool

Barca would crush Spain, easily.
The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Wed Mar 14, 2012 12:56 am

Yes rag, pipe dream.

Yes, Thiago could play there. Dont see why not.
The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Le Samourai Wed Mar 14, 2012 12:57 am

if Spain played 50 games a season together it's a different story.But as it is I get it.
Le Samourai
Le Samourai
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Wed Mar 14, 2012 1:00 am

Seppuku wrote:@ The Franchise,

I disagree. First of all, I said random fixtures, we can't unfavorably place teams in specific matches.

I also think you jumped way higher to the the top level echelon of teams and forgot the essential point. Smaller team that come through the WC and Euro's are simply stronger than the smaller teams that come through the CL.

Teams like Russia, South Korea, Japan and Australia are easily better than the likes of FC Copenhagen or Basel. Which brings us back to the point of why you don't see teams eating dirt at the knockout stages. The caliber of teams at the lower level is simply higher.

At the higher level, I think its debatable. Bayern, R.Madrid and Farca are probably stronger than the NT's. The rest? I doubt. I don't see Milan disposing of Germany for example. Man.United? puhleeeez.

I wasnt commenting on your simulation idea..I dont see how it works and I also dont trust enough peoples opinion on this matter for it to change my opinion.

Smaller teams? The smaller teams in the WC play played uber defensive football because they were inferior...if you look at say the number 10 to 18 team in the WC and the 10 to 18 in the CL, you will see a big difference in style...less defensive, beause they have better weapons and just a better team.

Germany are a strong side, no question..but the level of organsation, the amount of time playing together, the continuinty of teams like Man Utd, Milan, City...its like a whole different ball game.

The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by The Messiah Wed Mar 14, 2012 1:01 am

The Franchise wrote:
Seppuku wrote:

I honestly don't.

Could go on really.

I find it very disrespectfull Placing Bayern in The Same League with United and City and Then Comparing Barcelona and Real Madrid with 2 World Cup Finalist as if to say they are The best
The Messiah
The Messiah
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Permissions in this forum: