The Madrid One
TalkingReckless
Forza
19 posters

Page 5 of 10 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Go down

Formula 1 Season 2012 - Page 5 Empty Re: Formula 1 Season 2012

Post by Vibe Sun Jul 22, 2012 11:08 am

Kimi did set one amazing timed lap on primes,half a second quicker than everyone on option.Grosjean didn't seem to use the new system...

Although about that lap I was sure I saw Kimi on option,but the graphics and the commentary said prime tyre.

Edit: So the Red Bulls could be sent to the back of the grid? Shocked If that's the case and Alonso bags a win,title is pretty much in his hands.

Vibe
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Jul 22, 2012 11:15 am

Vibe wrote:Kimi did set one amazing timed lap on primes,half a second quicker than everyone on option.Grosjean didn't seem to use the new system...

Although about that lap I was sure I saw Kimi on option,but the graphics and the commentary said prime tyre.

yeah i seem to remember that, i was watching .. .. where do u see in free practice??/

i dont seem to remember that lotus used that system in qualy.

maybe they are just evaluating for next race or something.... they were running with awful lot of flow-vis paint to study airflow effect...

yeah grosjean didnt use that... actually they split the program, with kimi doing the evaluation of new system and grosjean doing the high fuel runs for race preparation, so they probably shared data together...

Formula 1 Season 2012 - Page 5 Lotus-detail_2798418

Formula 1 Season 2012 - Page 5 D12ger551

Formula 1 Season 2012 - Page 5 D12ger542

Formula 1 Season 2012 - Page 5 Season2012_race10_friday_5

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Jul 22, 2012 11:22 am

According to AUTOSPORT technical correspondent Gary Anderson, the Lotus double DRS system could work through the placement of two intakes at the top of the airbox, flanking the main air intake. This airflow runs into a tube that runs to the back of the engine cover.

When the DRS is not deployed, the air continues through an outlet at the rear of the engine cover. But when the DRS is activated, as with the Mercedes system, a hole is exposed on the inside of the rear wing. This creates a low pressure 'switch' diverting the air into another tube that connects to the underside of the rear wing, through a sealed chamber in the main plane and into the endplate.

This then blows across the rear wing, causing some of the airflow passing over the wing to separate from it, therefore reducing drag when the DRS is open.

While the Mercedes system takes air in from the nose, the Lotus system uses the same basic concept of a hole exposed by the DRS being deploying allowing the air to escape onto the rear wing that has been given the go-ahead by the FIA despite complaints from rival teams earlier this year.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Jul 22, 2012 11:25 am

wow Red Bull Racing F1, both seb and webber risks starting the race at the back of the grid, if their engine mapping investigation is deemed illegal..

BBC also reports that,
http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/formula1/18943608

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Jul 22, 2012 11:32 am

Formula 1 Season 2012 - Page 5 SnBY3

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Jul 22, 2012 11:49 am

if indeed red bull will start race at the back of grid.. both seb and mark, then ballonso will win this without any challenge. and both mclaren will be in podium possibly given that mercedes isnt that good to challenge ferrari, williams force india arent good either to challenge ferrari.

maybe mclaren or lotus of raikkonen if they have blazing start taking over 2-3 cars...

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Jul 22, 2012 12:05 pm

latest report on red bull engine mapping investigation, sky sports f1 reported that no action will be taken...

Back to top Go down

Post by Vibe Sun Jul 22, 2012 12:08 pm

JespSwe wrote:latest report on red bull engine mapping investigation, sky sports f1 reported that no action will be taken...

Formula 1 Season 2012 - Page 5 YUNO
Vibe
Vibe
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Inter Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Jul 22, 2012 12:19 pm

Vibe wrote:
JespSwe wrote:latest report on red bull engine mapping investigation, sky sports f1 reported that no action will be taken...

Formula 1 Season 2012 - Page 5 YUNO

lol yeah...

would be exciting i guess, lets see how mclaren does...

i expect them to do well, even fight for podium... they have brought some big updates here...

Back to top Go down

Post by Vibe Sun Jul 22, 2012 12:20 pm

Who do you support?
Vibe
Vibe
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Jul 22, 2012 12:22 pm

Vibe wrote:Who do you support?

Mercedes...

been supporting this brackley based team for a decade now....(BAR Racing/Honda/Brawn)

before that, mclaren, big fan of newey and mika hakkinen...

i was so upset when mika retired. i gave up f1 for a year. i was fan of villeneuve too but he became so s..t later on after leaving williams.

so later i just randomly picked BAR, in 2002, then suddenly they became a very good team under the leadership of David Richards who was the owner and team principal at that time, this guy was so good in management he brought some talented engineers in the team like Geoff Willis (aerodynamcist now also back again in mercedes for the first time in couple of years after dismissed in 2005)... so yeah. BAR racing was incredibly good team with super low budget and like only people with 200-250 in the team ... at times able to challenge mclaren ... almost half a billion dollar spending ferraris...

on drivers , i supported mika, then when mika retired, jenson all the way, then after he left, Rosberg, rosberg was already my favourite even before he came to williams because had heard he was incredibly talented.

kubica as well.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Jul 22, 2012 12:38 pm

u support alonso right??? vibe?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Jul 22, 2012 12:49 pm

German Grand Prix race stewards have decided to take no further action against Red Bull over torque map irregularities.

The stewards stated that, while they did not accept all of Red Bull's arguments, there was no infringement of Article 5.5.3 of the technical regulations.

This means that Sebastian Vettel will be allowed to line up second on the grid for the race, with team-mate Mark Wark Webber eighth after a gearbox change.

The statement from the stewards read as follows: "The stewards received a report from the FIA technical delegate, along with specific ECU data from Red Bull Racing cars #1 and #2. The Stewards met with the team representatives and the representative of the engine supplier Renault.

"While the stewards do not accept all the arguments of the team, they however conclude that as the regulation is written, the map presented does not breach the text of Art 5.5.3 of the Formula 1 Technical Regulations and therefore decided to take no action."

The equivocal wording of the stewards' statement suggests that Red Bull might be not entirely within the spirit of the regulations. If the FIA is unhappy with what Red Bull is doing with its engine mapping, it is possible that there could be a rules clarification at a later date closing any potential loophole.
----------------------------------------------------------------

meanwhile martin brundle in paddock walk said that ross brawn says this is not the end of it...

possibly we may see rival challenging FIA that red bull walking the tightrope

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Jul 22, 2012 12:52 pm

i salute what newey and his associates are doing, but FIA needs to clarify and be straightforward... its not the first time red bull cars have been suspected of illegality.

if its legal its legal if its illegal its illegal... there shouldnt be any apprehension...

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Jul 22, 2012 2:41 pm

whoa... what a race...

alonso.... great stuff.. another victory 3 times this season...

vettel 2nd button 3rd... but vettel deserves to get penalty grid penalty is too late but he deserves time penalty..

hope stewards dont just swap position between button and vettel because its clearly a penalty that couple of season before stewards made clear that anyone who overtakes off the track will get drive through penalty.

i hope its alonso button and raikkonen to complete podium finishes

great result for sauber both cars in top 10... webber 8th... schumacher 7th rosberg 10th

massa poor result

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Jul 22, 2012 2:47 pm

Pos Driver Team Time
1. Alonso Ferrari 1h31:05.862
2. Vettel Red Bull-Renault + 3.732
3. Button McLaren-Mercedes + 6.949
4. Raikkonen Lotus-Renault + 16.409
5. Kobayashi Sauber-Ferrari + 21.925
6. Perez Sauber-Ferrari + 27.896
7. Schumacher Mercedes + 28.960
8. Webber Red Bull-Renault + 46.900
9. Hulkenberg Force India-Mercedes + 48.100
10. Rosberg Mercedes + 48.800
11. Di Resta Force India-Mercedes + 59.200
12. Ricciardo Toro Rosso-Ferrari + 1:11.400
13. Massa Ferrari + 1:16.800
14. Vergne Toro Rosso-Ferrari + 1:16.900
15. Maldonado Williams-Renault + 1 lap
16. Petrov Caterham-Renault + 1 lap
17. Senna Williams-Renault + 1 lap
18. Grosjean Lotus-Renault + 1 lap
19. Kovalainen Caterham-Renault + 2 laps
20. Pic Marussia-Cosworth + 2 laps
21. De la Rosa HRT-Cosworth + 3 laps
22. Glock Marussia-Cosworth + 3 laps
23. Karthikeyan HRT-Cosworth + 3 laps

Fastest lap: Schumacher, 1:18.275

Not classified/retirements:

Driver Team On lap
Hamilton McLaren-Mercedes 58

Back to top Go down

Post by Vibe Sun Jul 22, 2012 3:07 pm

GOAT Alonso.Best driver out there...

This is the first time I've seen Vettel's youth was shown.He was really affected by Hamilton's WTF overtake and keep going out the track,he clearly lost his focus.Not sure what to say about Hamilton.Completely unnecessary and deserves punishment.Vettel was in DRS zone behind Alonso,lost over a second after he was overtaken.Alonso managed to keep him behind fortunately for him although Hamilton was clearly trying...
Vibe
Vibe
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Jul 22, 2012 3:12 pm

Vibe wrote:GOAT Alonso.Best driver out there...

This is the first time I've seen Vettel's youth was shown.He was really affected by Hamilton's WTF overtake and keep going out the track,he clearly lost his focus.Not sure what to say about Hamilton.Completely unnecessary and deserves punishment.Vettel was in DRS zone behind Alonso,lost over a second after he was overtaken.Alonso managed to keep him behind fortunately for him although Hamilton was clearly trying...

mate it was jenson...

hamilton retired.. he was caught with massa debris.. btw massa appaling race... he just went straight to bang with torro rosso on the rear and damaged his front wing...

what a loss... that ferrari atm is so good massa has wasted precious points. with respect to him but massa dont deserve the seat.

btw.. absolutely right mate.... its time red bull and vettel face penalty.

now car is subjected to illegality and they argue and bully stewards that their interpretation is legal ... always legal... how many times..

btw on vettel thats absolutely penalty... stewards has mentioned all the time since couple of races even in briefing that, no car can overtake off track when all the wheels are off the track...

position swap isnt just enough because according to rules thats drive through penalty...

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Jul 22, 2012 3:15 pm

LMAO christian horner arguing that Button himself was out of track a bit.. lol he is saying now that seb is jinxed lol..
lol im seeing sky sports f1 post race analysis.. when was button off track..

Last edited by Jesp on Fri Oct 01, 2021 6:09 am; edited 2 times in total

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Jul 22, 2012 3:17 pm

Vibe wrote:GOAT Alonso.Best driver out there...

oh so sorry yeah btw i just recalled yeah hamilton was lapped.by alonso and vettel. so yeah he shouldnt have challenged to overtake vettel because yeah it was a bit naughty ..even if mclaren was faster car.. ...

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Jul 22, 2012 4:43 pm

Sebastian Vettel has been handed a penalty for his overtaking move on Jenson Button in the German Grand Prix.

The Red Bull driver passed his McLaren rival for second with less than two laps to go by running off track at the exit of the hairpin.

Vettel's move was illegal, according to the stewards, who imposed a post-race drive-through penalty on the German, meaning 20 seconds have been added to his finishing time.

The German drops from second to fifth, promoting Lotus driver Kimi Raikkonen to third

Back to top Go down

Post by Vibe Sun Jul 22, 2012 5:05 pm

I don't think he deserved to be punished...Hamilton got Button ahead anyway.And a 10 second penalty would be more appropriate.

Anyway great for Alonso championship wise,so I won't complain Very Happy
Vibe
Vibe
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by El Gunner Mon Jul 23, 2012 2:57 pm

I think we all can agree that, CURRENTLY, Fernando Alonso is the best Formula One driver, right?

He doesn't have the best car, but juz how consistant has he been lately!!!
El Gunner
El Gunner
An Oakland City Warrior

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by El Gunner Mon Jul 23, 2012 2:58 pm

Vibe, are you seriously 12 years old?
El Gunner
El Gunner
An Oakland City Warrior

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by Vibe Mon Jul 23, 2012 3:06 pm

Yeah,backwards Razz
Vibe
Vibe
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Art Morte Mon Jul 23, 2012 4:02 pm

The German race was all right, but tires are playing too big a part nowadays.

I mean, it's suppose to be the best motorsports in the world but instead of drivers driving their heart out every lap they have to take it easy in order to preserve their tires. I think that's bullshhh.
Art Morte
Art Morte
Forum legendest

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 10 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next