Rebaño Sagrado
Le Samourai
VanDeezNuts
I Have Mono
Onyx
74 posters

Page 9 of 39 Previous  1 ... 6 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 24 ... 39  Next

Go down

Transfer Rumours | News | Tactics | Who to buy/sell etc - Page 9 Empty Re: Transfer Rumours | News | Tactics | Who to buy/sell etc

Post by Le Samourai Fri May 11, 2012 3:16 pm

We have a good 7-10 years of Iker.

Le Samourai
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Transfer Rumours | News | Tactics | Who to buy/sell etc - Page 9 Empty Re: Transfer Rumours | News | Tactics | Who to buy/sell etc

Post by Valkyrja Fri May 11, 2012 3:19 pm

S32TABLANCA wrote:Pacheco is a GOAT. I am telling you, Pacheco will be our next no. 1.
S32TABLANCA wrote:Pacheco is a GOAT. I am telling you, Pacheco will be our next no. 1.

He will hit ~30 when Iker retires.
Valkyrja
Valkyrja
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Valkyrja Fri May 11, 2012 3:19 pm

He will hit ~30 when Iker retires.
Valkyrja
Valkyrja
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Le Samourai Fri May 11, 2012 3:35 pm

Pacheco will make a great new Diego Lopez for some lucky La Liga team.

Adan as well.

Real Madrid keeping La Liga afloat.
Le Samourai
Le Samourai
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by Die Borussen Fri May 11, 2012 3:37 pm

so much talking for a GK backup

like iker will get injured or something Rolling Eyes

unless mou does it pep's way and use the 2nd GK for copa del rey

Die Borussen
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by S32TABLANCA Fri May 11, 2012 3:45 pm

Woah guys, dont kill me because I suggested Iker is not eternal. Iker is 30 years old, ok thats normal for a GK, but he has been playing at the top level for a decade now. He will not be here in another one. I say we have five more years of Iker. He retires internationally at the 2016 EURO, and at RM a few years later. Pacheco would be, what, 24-25 by that time?
S32TABLANCA
S32TABLANCA
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Le Samourai Fri May 11, 2012 3:51 pm

Assuming no injuries I give Iker at least until World Cup 2018 for Spain longer for Madrid.

Van Der Sar began playing for United at 35 , look at the career he had there....played consistently for about 21 years Iker's only in his 12th,
Le Samourai
Le Samourai
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Valkyrja Fri May 11, 2012 4:02 pm

Casillas will be Spain's number 1 until he retires.
Valkyrja
Valkyrja
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Fri May 11, 2012 4:03 pm

all players dont have the same longevity

there is no way to predict how good he will be in 5 years, he might start declining after the world cup, you never know.
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Le Samourai Fri May 11, 2012 4:09 pm

Keepers traditionally adapt with age though, most at least continue playing into their late 30's.

Iker has many areas in which he could improve, the only thing I'm worried about is he could possibly lose desire should he become the most succesful player in European history ( which he has a serious shot at).
Le Samourai
Le Samourai
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by S32TABLANCA Fri May 11, 2012 4:09 pm

Le Samourai wrote:Assuming no injuries I give Iker at least until World Cup 2018 for Spain longer for Madrid.

Van Der Sar began playing for United at 35 , look at the career he had there....played consistently for about 21 years Iker's only in his 12th,

Not everyone is Van Der Sar ffs. No way, no way Iker will be better than the next guy at the age of 36. That would be unfair. I could see it happening, but it would be bias due to everything that Casillas has done for Spain. You think De Gea/Guaita/Pacheco/whoever in their prime wont be better than a doddering Iker?
2016 is a good landmark, he has only spoken as far as 2014 for now. In 2018 I would expect Iker to be riding our bench if still playing.

Now this sounds horrible. I love Iker just as much as everybody else, he is probably my favourite player at Madrid so dont take it wrong. But its unrealistic to assume he will have a Van Der Sar like span.
S32TABLANCA
S32TABLANCA
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Die Borussen Fri May 11, 2012 4:10 pm

btw pacheco who? google is not my friend all i find is a pacheco attacking midfielder scratch

Die Borussen
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by the xcx Fri May 11, 2012 4:10 pm

Actually Goalkeepers prime years start in their 30rdies. So we have yet to seen what Iker is capable of doing.
the xcx
the xcx
Banned (Decade)

Back to top Go down

Post by Le Samourai Fri May 11, 2012 4:17 pm

Do I think he will be better than De Gea?

Tough...because De Gea reminds me of Iker so much.....I wanted to buy him and do the loan deal ever since he took Spain to the Under 17 world cup final a while back.

Better individually and better for the team are two different things.....still....it's not unheard of for Keepers to start for their national team into their 40's.

Zoff is perhaps the most famous example.

I don't expect Iker to ride the bench ever again...there are certain players who simply won't do that.If he's no longer the starter for Spain and Real Madrid I expect him to retire.

I really don't want him on the bench.
Le Samourai
Le Samourai
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by S32TABLANCA Fri May 11, 2012 4:19 pm

deadrave wrote:btw pacheco who? google is not my friend all i find is a pacheco attacking midfielder scratch

Fernando Pacheco is the Real Madrid C goalkeeper, he made his senior debut earlier this season and he is very promising. Won the U19 Euro in summer for Spain with the other Castilla kids. Got called up a few times so it seems Mou likes him. If we get an old guy to back up Iker, its safe to assume Pacheco can be given enough time to develop and take up that back up role, then being in a prime position to replace Iker himself when he retires (in like 5-6 years).
S32TABLANCA
S32TABLANCA
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Fri May 11, 2012 4:19 pm

How many keepers have you seen hitting their primes as early as Casillas tho?

i understand that players have different developing curves, some peak earlier, some do it later in their career. My feeling is that Casillas wont get that much better, but i expect him to maintain this level for a while still.
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by S32TABLANCA Fri May 11, 2012 4:20 pm

Le Samourai wrote:Do I think he will be better than De Gea?

Tough...because De Gea reminds me of Iker so much.....I wanted to buy him and do the loan deal ever since he took Spain to the Under 17 world cup final a while back.

Better individually and better for the team are two different things.....still....it's not unheard of for Keepers to start for their national team into their 40's.

Zoff is perhaps the most famous example.

I don't expect Iker to ride the bench ever again...there are certain players who simply won't do that.If he's no longer the starter for Spain and Real Madrid I expect him to retire.

I really don't want him on the bench.

I agree with that sentiment. Its also a Raul kind of situation, he is so influential in the dressing room that being on the bench he might destabilise the team a bit. Get involved in the whole team politics, etc.

God, I must come across as an Iker hater of huntsman proportions 0.o
S32TABLANCA
S32TABLANCA
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Le Samourai Fri May 11, 2012 4:38 pm

Nah...people as idiotic as Huntsman are unique creatures lol.

Iker is amazing, I dunno how to perceive what Nick says because it scares me a little.

I don't think many people who support Madrid even know about 06-07 and the miracles he had to pull off to drag us to a league......I know hardly anyone remembers the 02 world cup where he should've dragged us to the Semi's if not for a proven cocaine addict of a ref.

People only remember the wins....dunno if anyone remembers the 0-4 loss to Liverpool where it genuinely shouldve been 0-12.

It saddens me a little to know how people view this guy, to hear some people saying that Ronaldo is Real Madrid and stuff like that, like genuinely troubles me.

It's tough to imagine Madrid and Spain without him whereas , it's so easy to imagine it without others. He deserves a lot more than people like to give him credit for at the end of the day......watching people bash him in these recent debates have really disillusioned me.

So I probably come off a tad strong in defending him, even in situations where he isn't being attacked , just how it goes with the recent turn of events.

Le Samourai
Le Samourai
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by punkfusion1992 Fri May 11, 2012 8:00 pm

Le Samourai wrote:Nah...people as idiotic as Huntsman are unique creatures lol.

Iker is amazing, I dunno how to perceive what Nick says because it scares me a little.

I don't think many people who support Madrid even know about 06-07 and the miracles he had to pull off to drag us to a league......I know hardly anyone remembers the 02 world cup where he should've dragged us to the Semi's if not for a proven cocaine addict of a ref.

People only remember the wins....dunno if anyone remembers the 0-4 loss to Liverpool where it genuinely shouldve been 0-12.

It saddens me a little to know how people view this guy, to hear some people saying that Ronaldo is Real Madrid and stuff like that, like genuinely troubles me.

It's tough to imagine Madrid and Spain without him whereas , it's so easy to imagine it without others. He deserves a lot more than people like to give him credit for at the end of the day......watching people bash him in these recent debates have really disillusioned me.

So I probably come off a tad strong in defending him, even in situations where he isn't being attacked , just how it goes with the recent turn of events.

lol people have seen very little of the 10 save per game days of old

i remember Zaragoza 3 years ago, and he made at least 6 saves of Diego Milito 1 on 1s and saw atleast 8 world class saves
even Real Madrid's website headline was "Iker's heroics stop Zaragoza"

and dont get me started about 02, he saved our asses in the UCL final and then pulled of some absolute blinders at the world cup where some portuguese ref sided with South Korea

and ofcourse the fact that Iker, as captain, has yet to lose a major tounament and as captain won 2 trophies in 2 years

he is going to be our keeper for the next 8-10 years, he is honestly the perfect captain
graceful in defeat, fights for what Real Madrid believe in, and has a full sense of value for the game that is only developed amongst our youth teamers

I would love to keep up the tradition of all youth team goalies, I dont consider Jesus or Issac youth teamers, they were bought at 22, Tomas maybe for 2nd choice and Pacheco for 3rd or switched around
all i know is that Mou loves Pacheco
punkfusion1992
punkfusion1992
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Valkyrja Sat May 12, 2012 4:11 am

Iraola linked.
Valkyrja
Valkyrja
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Onyx Sat May 12, 2012 4:35 am

Ivanovic linked and:

Lukasz Piszczek:

"I'll only think about it once I have received a concrete offer," the 26-year-old right-back told Przeglad Sportowy.

"I am a player who only identifies himself with the club he is under contract to, so I'm only thinking of Borussia, who on Saturday are hoping to win the Cup final.

"And I am in tune with the club. Last summer, shortly after my contract extension, I bought a house near Dortmund."

and

PSG deny claims president Nasser Al-Khelaifi has met with Real Madrid pair Kaka and Gonzalo Higuain.

PSG's sporting director Leonardo has dismissed reports.

"Nasser has never met either Kaka or Higuain," Leonardo told AFP. "It's been written as fact, but Nasser has never met Kaka or Higuain.

"Someone else from the club? Never. There is a respect over players between great clubs."

Onyx
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by SuperMAG Sat May 12, 2012 4:43 am

Goalkeepers need time to develop into great keepers, you cant just keep pacheco at the club as a sub and wait for casillas to retire and then start him right away.

There is no way to tell for keepers to become great keepers, he has to go to another la liga club, become at least as good as daigo alves, di gia etc, same goes to adan, then once casillas hangs his boots, we will see who is the best keeper.

It can turn out of be pacheco, and it can be adan, or even non of these two and someone else. finding long term replacemnent for you 30years old keeper is extremeely tricky.

SuperMAG
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Adit Sat May 12, 2012 7:56 am

Pacheco will be like 26 or 27 when Iker retire .
Adit
Adit
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Borussia Mönchengladbach

http://www.realmadridfootballblog.com

Back to top Go down

Post by VanDeezNuts Sat May 12, 2012 9:39 am

we cant start thinking of a replacement for iker until he get closer to retirement. he has many years still ahead of him. its too early.

VanDeezNuts
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : FC Basel

Back to top Go down

Post by S32TABLANCA Sat May 12, 2012 1:54 pm

Le Samourai wrote:Nah...people as idiotic as Huntsman are unique creatures lol.

I didn't really follow Spain in 2002, but of course I remember Iker bailing us out over the years. This man IS Real Madrid, final. You don't come off as strange, I think we all feel that way. Even thinking of Iker retiring makes me sad.
S32TABLANCA
S32TABLANCA
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat May 12, 2012 3:43 pm

"It isn't easy to do better in the Champions League, but it's possible, so we'll try. We don't want or need a new squad. Two players will suffice to make the team stronger."-JM

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 9 of 39 Previous  1 ... 6 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 24 ... 39  Next