RedOranje
McAgger
poolsupporter
22 posters

Page 6 of 10 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Go down

Raheem Sterling - Page 6 Empty Re: Raheem Sterling

Post by iftikhar Tue Dec 30, 2014 3:08 pm

I think it's high-time this kid gets a break. He has racked-up 2296 minutes over 27 games. Last night he looked a bit tired/sluggish in the last 10-or-so minutes and then there was that swipe at Fernandez.

iftikhar
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Helmer Tue Dec 30, 2014 3:14 pm

nothing to look into, he is just becoming more arrogant, good for us !!!

Helmer
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Tue Dec 30, 2014 5:05 pm

I didn't see anything wrong with the swipe. Fernandez initiated contact, I 'd hate it if someone did that to me. Maybe the swipe was a little too much a push would have been better but still, nothing to look at.
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Reggina

Back to top Go down

Post by iftikhar Tue Dec 30, 2014 5:10 pm

Don't call me James wrote:I didn't see anything wrong with the swipe. Fernandez initiated contact, I 'd hate it if someone did that to me. Maybe the swipe was a little too much a push would have been better but still, nothing to look at.
That could have been a red card. He/we got lucky and should make the most of it.
iftikhar
iftikhar
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Art Morte Tue Dec 30, 2014 6:39 pm

Yeah, Sterling's reaction was a little bad, players have been red carded for less, but Fernandez's "friendly" hand-on-the-neck clearly wasn't meant to be friendly, either. A good thing nothing came of it, though.
Art Morte
Art Morte
Forum legendest

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Tue Dec 30, 2014 6:40 pm

The FA charged Shelvey today. Nothing on Sterling yet. Let's keep our fingers crossed.
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Reggina

Back to top Go down

Post by Art Morte Tue Dec 30, 2014 6:50 pm

Don't call me James wrote:The FA charged Shelvey today. Nothing on Sterling yet. Let's keep our fingers crossed.

I think the referee saw it, the assistant certainly did as he was just metres away. I don't think the FA can charge players for stuff the ref has seen during the game.
Art Morte
Art Morte
Forum legendest

Back to top Go down

Post by Curtinho Tue Dec 30, 2014 6:50 pm

It has already been confirmed that Sterling won't be charged for the above reason.
Curtinho
Curtinho
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by Fahim89 Tue Dec 30, 2014 9:32 pm

Art Morte wrote:
Don't call me James wrote:The FA charged Shelvey today. Nothing on Sterling yet. Let's keep our fingers crossed.

I think the referee saw it, the assistant certainly did as he was just metres away. I don't think the FA can charge players for stuff the ref has seen during the game.

On that argument the ref was also meters away from Shelvey's challenge. Both in the same laws are pretty stupid! But I guess Raheem is a full grown international now. . .earns him some sort of FA immunity hmm
Fahim89
Fahim89
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Art Morte Tue Dec 30, 2014 9:55 pm

I didn't think Shelvey's swaying arm was that bad anyway, Can seemed to hold on to his arm a little and Jonjo then freed it with a bit too much aggression. If I was the ref / the FA, I would have left both actions unpunished, but oh well, whatever.
Art Morte
Art Morte
Forum legendest

Back to top Go down

Post by iftikhar Wed Dec 31, 2014 5:36 am

Art Morte wrote:Yeah, Sterling's reaction was a little bad, players have been red carded for less, but Fernandez's "friendly" hand-on-the-neck clearly wasn't meant to be friendly, either. A good thing nothing came of it, though.
The commentators were comparing it with the 1998 World Cup incident between Beckham & Simone.
iftikhar
iftikhar
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Helmer Wed Dec 31, 2014 6:24 am

Sterling is growing Proud

Helmer
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by iftikhar Sun Jan 04, 2015 10:40 am

Raheem Sterling signs on at Liverpool until 2020, for £95k-a-week [Telegraph]
iftikhar
iftikhar
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Red Alert Sun Jan 04, 2015 10:51 am

Eh. Somewhat good news I guess.

On high wages, but given our current position it's well deserved. He's also going to improve. It's not like we're offering that sort of contract to players past their prime like Joe Cole...

He's already arguably the most talented player at the club right now... lol
Red Alert
Red Alert
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Art Morte Sun Jan 04, 2015 12:45 pm

That's too much for a 20-yo, giving the player too much power. I also wonder what some other players in the squad will be thinking (and demanding), seeing a 20-yo player get a contract like that, an attacking player who hasn't even scored double digits in a season in the Prem yet.

That said, we desperately need to keep a hold of our better players in the current circumstances, so I guess it's fine to overpay Sterling to show some intent.
Art Morte
Art Morte
Forum legendest

Back to top Go down

Post by iftikhar Sun Jan 04, 2015 1:39 pm

Art Morte wrote:That's too much for a 20-yo, giving the player too much power. I also wonder what some other players in the squad will be thinking (and demanding), seeing a 20-yo player get a contract like that, an attacking player who hasn't even scored double digits in a season in the Prem yet.

That said, we desperately need to keep a hold of our better players in the current circumstances, so I guess it's fine to overpay Sterling to show some intent.
The positive is, if he continues to develop, he will become 95k-rated player in two years time and the contract is for five years.
iftikhar
iftikhar
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Helmer Sun Jan 04, 2015 4:17 pm

at least we could keep him :coffee:

Helmer
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Red Alert Mon Jan 05, 2015 2:29 am

Wonder if he slapped the negotiator. hmm
Red Alert
Red Alert
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by iftikhar Wed Jan 21, 2015 10:11 am

Seven goals and six assists. Last season he had ten goals and nine assists. Still 20 games (at the very least) to go.
iftikhar
iftikhar
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by iftikhar Sun Feb 08, 2015 5:03 pm

Don't know if you are with me on this; but I seriously think this kid needs a kick in the back side.

On at least 3-4 occasions, in every game, he tries to do some neat trick when he has the ball in the box. On each occasion he looses the ball while 2-3 players in good positions watches on.

I know he is young and this sort of thing come naturally. But everything has its limits. You try something for 4-5 times, may be even for 4-5 games; but not for 50+ times over 12-15 games.

What's simply funny is that, none of his goals have come from those trick he tries (well they don't work, so no chance of scoring either).
iftikhar
iftikhar
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by poolsupporter Sun Feb 08, 2015 5:10 pm

iftikhar wrote:Don't know if you are with me on this; but I seriously think this kid needs a kick in the back side.

On at least 3-4 occasions, in every game, he tries to do some neat trick when he has the ball in the box. On each occasion he looses the ball while 2-3 players in good positions watches on.

I know he is young and this sort of thing come naturally. But everything has its limits. You try something for 4-5 times, may be even for 4-5 games; but not for 50+ times over 12-15 games.

What's simply funny is that, none of his goals have come from those trick he tries (well they don't work, so no chance of scoring either).

I completely agree. He constantly runs into cul de sacs and while I admire the confidence of taking on 3-4 players all the time, it rarely leads to anything worthwhile.

He has good movement and has the ability to create space for the others, but more often than not he doesn't utilize the good opportunity he creates.

Both him and Coutinho seem to shoot from positions where playing a pass is better suited or other players are in goal scoring positions.

I believe it was Sterling who played a low cross yesterday across the face of the goal that created a great scoring opportunity. It did take a deflection, but it is totally what we need to do more of.

Additionally, both Cou and Raheem tend to keep the ball on the left front third of the field. I'd like to see our play spread out a little more evenly across the front line.
poolsupporter
poolsupporter
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by iftikhar Sun Feb 08, 2015 5:18 pm

I believe it was Sterling who played a low cross yesterday across the face of the goal that created a great scoring opportunity.
Yes, it was Raheem. But that was a shot and not a pass/cross. Ibe tried to latch-on to the loose ball at the far-post.
iftikhar
iftikhar
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by poolsupporter Sun Feb 08, 2015 5:24 pm

iftikhar wrote:
I believe it was Sterling who played a low cross yesterday across the face of the goal that created a great scoring opportunity.
Yes, it was Raheem. But that was a shot and not a pass/cross. Ibe tried to latch-on to the loose ball at the far-post.

Right. The deflection changed that play into a low cross.

Raheem gets into amazing positions on the field. I wish he'd play more passes in the box instead of shooting. Some point in the first half, Gerrard was in a great spot in the box to shoot and he chose to shoot himself from the left to the near post. (A very tough shot to convert as it is)
poolsupporter
poolsupporter
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Helmer Sun Feb 08, 2015 8:39 pm

I know he will be big one day but this pos needs to understand that he should just take what we are offering and sign the new contract. I am really getting irritated that we are not doing enough to convince him soon. I just hope that he signs that new deal soon.

Helmer
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Art Morte Mon Feb 09, 2015 5:33 am

HEIL MEIN REDS wrote:I know he will be big one day but this pos needs to understand that he should just take what we are offering and sign the new contract. I am really getting irritated that we are not doing enough to convince him soon. I just hope that he signs that new deal soon.

Yeah, I was meaning to post about this, we thought he signed that new deal already, someone quoted the Telegraph saying he had signed that 95k per week contract, but then before the Everton game I read Gerrard saying in an interview that the club needs to tie Sterling and Henderson down to new contracts sharp'ish. Apparently Henderson has only a year left after this season and Raheem hasn't signed a new one yet. This sounds a little worrying.
Art Morte
Art Morte
Forum legendest

Back to top Go down

Post by Red Alert Mon Feb 09, 2015 6:45 am

There's a problem because of Sterling's agent, not Raheem himself. His agent has stalled it so he can leave who he's working for from what I read in the guardian.

The whole "Sterling is unhappy" thing happened when he signed his contract last season, too and he was actually calm about it the whole time. A lot of reports were made about him being unhappy back then too and he denied them, so no worries for him from me. He has 2, maybe even 3 years left on his deal anyway.

The main problem here is Henderson. City are going to lose Milner, and Henderson would replace him perfectly for them. So Jordan's the main priority as of right now for me.
Red Alert
Red Alert
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 6 of 10 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next