The Sanchez
matpol
BarrileteCosmico
danyjr
Albiceleste
15 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

[La Liga - Jornada 31] Barcelona vs Athletic Bilbao Empty [La Liga - Jornada 31] Barcelona vs Athletic Bilbao

Post by Albiceleste Thu Mar 29, 2012 12:53 am

[La Liga - Jornada 31] Barcelona vs Athletic Bilbao 1320520897003

- Messi record vs Athletic Bilbao: 14 matches (9W, 5D, 0L) scored 8 goals & provided 2 assists.

Referee: Antonio Miguel Mateu Lahoz, last time he refereed a match Barcelona participated in vs Bilbao he sent off Amorebieta and David Villa controversially Neutral

Last 5 games played:
Spain - Primera Division ‎(LIGA)‎ Nov 6, 2011 Athletic Bilbao 2 - FC Barcelona 2

Spain - Primera Division ‎(LIGA)‎ Feb 20, 2011 FC Barcelona 2 - Athletic Bilbao 1

Spain - Copa del Rey ‎(ESPC)‎ Jan 5, 2011 Athletic Bilbao 1 - FC Barcelona 1

Spain - Copa del Rey ‎(ESPC)‎ Dec 21, 2010 FC Barcelona 0 - Athletic Bilbao 0

Spain - Primera Division ‎(LIGA)‎ Sep 25, 2010 Athletic Bilbao 1 - FC Barcelona 3

Barcelona current form: DWWWWW
Athletic Bilbao current form: WDLLWL

Last edited by Albiceleste on Fri Mar 30, 2012 12:11 am; edited 1 time in total

Albiceleste
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Dinamo Zagreb

Back to top Go down

[La Liga - Jornada 31] Barcelona vs Athletic Bilbao Empty Re: [La Liga - Jornada 31] Barcelona vs Athletic Bilbao

Post by danyjr Thu Mar 29, 2012 1:01 am

Athletic playing Schalke in Arena AufSchalke tomorrow. Depending on how tough that match is going to be for Athletic and whether they'll go full on in Germany or save plenty for the match in the weekend, well, we'll find out tomorrow.
danyjr
danyjr
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Boca Juniors

http://www.tikitakatoom.ml

Back to top Go down

[La Liga - Jornada 31] Barcelona vs Athletic Bilbao Empty Re: [La Liga - Jornada 31] Barcelona vs Athletic Bilbao

Post by BarrileteCosmico Thu Mar 29, 2012 1:04 am

Athletic to save all their energy for Schalke. Also, they will have just 1 day of rest in between. I predict a win as long as we don't do the same. We have more depth than them so we shouldn't.
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by danyjr Thu Mar 29, 2012 12:26 pm

Nevertheless I will be cheering them against Schalke today Smile
danyjr
danyjr
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by matpol Thu Mar 29, 2012 11:10 pm

I would play this line-up:

Valdes - Montoya - Mascherano - Pique - Muniesa/Adriano- Thiago - Humility - Cesc/Iniesta - Pedro - Messi - Cuenca.

I fear that if mr humility doesn't play in this game, he will start in second leg vs Milan, so I prefer that he will start this game.
matpol
matpol
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by danyjr Fri Mar 30, 2012 2:17 pm

Why Montoya? Anything wrong with Alves?
danyjr
danyjr
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by The Sanchez Sat Mar 31, 2012 4:35 am

Probably wants rest for AC game. Ive missed Muniesa and will great to see him back in the side hopefully... Thaigo and Fabregas making up the midfield with Pedro and Cuenca up front with Messi
The Sanchez
The Sanchez
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Sat Mar 31, 2012 5:02 am

Guardiola: I try to learn from Bielsa
The 41-year-old was full of compliments for the former Chile coach and played down the fact that the Basques will have just one full day's rest for the encounter at Camp Nou

Barcelona coach Pep Guardiola has heaped praise on Athletic Bilbao boss Marcelo Bielsa, saying the Argentine is the best in the business ahead of their Primera Division clash on Saturday.

The Blaugrana are six points behind Real Madrid in the race for the Liga title and Guardiola is extremely wary of the Basque side and the tactical nous of Bielsa.

"I consider him the best there is and it is a pleasure for me to face him," Guardiola said during a press conference.

"I have so much admiration for Bielsa and I try to learn from him. Athletic have been the sensation of Europe this season. They deserve the admiration of all.

"In the games I've seen, they have been a pleasure to watch. This will be a complicated game, very tough and very demanding.

Guardiola then played down the significance of the fact that Athletic will have just one day’s rest for the encounter at Camp Nou.

The Basques have only just returned home after beating Schalke 4-2 in their Europa League quarter-final clash in Gelsenkirchen on Thursday night and, under normal circumstances, they would not be asked to return to Primera Division action until Sunday lunchtime at the earliest.

However, with Barca due to face AC Milan in the Champions League on Tuesday, the meeting between the two sides will be staged a day earlier.

"The timing is what it is," Guardiola said. "It's better to have three or four days off but teams that want to reach the finals must play many matches close together and in this kind of situation.

"And we'll do well not to think that Athletic will arrive here tired. But I encourage the fans to come to the ground because it will be a very good game to see."

Barca's meeting with Athletic gets underway at Camp Nou at 22.00CET.
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by BarcaKizz Sat Mar 31, 2012 5:54 am

I would play:

Valdes
Alves - Masch - Pique - Muniesa
Busquets
Xavi - Thiago
Cuenca - Messi - Pedro

Though its clear to me Cesc will play... I just don't know where.
BarcaKizz
BarcaKizz
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Sat Mar 31, 2012 10:50 am

Cesc will play, Xavi might not.

That would be my 11 too.
The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Sat Mar 31, 2012 2:52 pm

Cesc has received a slight knock in training, Thiago to take his place.
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Adit Sat Mar 31, 2012 3:21 pm

Thiago is suspended right? or did they cancel his red card?
Adit
Adit
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Borussia Mönchengladbach

http://www.realmadridfootballblog.com

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Sat Mar 31, 2012 3:25 pm

Bielsa on Guardiola: He is the teacher and I am the pupil
The Catalan coach stated in the past that he wants to learn from the 56-year-old, but ahead of the sides' meeting at the weekend the Argentine thinks a role reversal is in order

Athletic Bilbao's Marcelo Bielsa has stated that Barcelona's Pep Guardiola is the better trainer of the two, singling out the 41-year-old's success in his relatively short career in the dugout for praise.

The Camp Nou boss said on Friday that he looked up to the Argentine and wanted to learn from him, however, the South American feels that the roles should be reversed.

"The teacher and the student are defined by achievements," the Bilbao coach stated in a press conference.

"Look at Guardiola's work and mine and you will see who is the student and who is the teacher. No, I'm not the teacher, because the things that I have done in football are not comparable with what Guardiola has done.

"I think he's a coach who has built a team which plays like no other in the last 25 years. And they not only play in a different manner, but in a better manner as well.

"Do I admire him? Of course. He was an emblematic player, and now an unforgettable part of a winning club, where he has built his team," Bielsa concluded.

Bilbao travel to Camp Nou on Saturday looking to keep their top-four finish dreams alive, whilst Barcelona will be keen to close the six-point gap on Real Madrid at the top of La Liga.

______

I know Thiago's double yellow was appealed, don't know the result of those.
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Albiceleste Sat Mar 31, 2012 4:57 pm

Valdes - Alves Pique Mascherano Puyol - Busquets Thiago Iniesta - Cuenca Messi Pedro
Not official but I think this will be our lineup

Albiceleste
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by shinigami99 Sat Mar 31, 2012 4:57 pm

I heard it got removed. Thiago CAN play today
shinigami99
shinigami99
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by matpol Sat Mar 31, 2012 8:14 pm

Barcelona line-up (official): Valdés, Alves, Piqué, Mascherano, Adriano, Thiago, Busquets, Iniesta, Sanchez, Messi, Tello.

Bench: Pinto, Montoya, Puyol, Keita, Xavi, Cuenca, Pedro.

Muniesa and Fàbregas (back problems) didn't make final match squad.
matpol
matpol
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Blackmore. Sat Mar 31, 2012 8:32 pm

Very nice to see Mascherano and Thiago starting
Blackmore.
Blackmore.
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by danyjr Sat Mar 31, 2012 8:35 pm

[La Liga - Jornada 31] Barcelona vs Athletic Bilbao Girraf

You had me fooled for a few seconds Smile
danyjr
danyjr
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Blackmore. Sat Mar 31, 2012 8:35 pm

lolol lucas
Blackmore.
Blackmore.
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by _LMG_10_ Sat Mar 31, 2012 9:29 pm

_LMG_10_
Starlet
Starlet

http://www.eurofootballweb.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Albiceleste Sat Mar 31, 2012 9:45 pm

Great goal by Iniesta glad hes scored now, what a finish

Albiceleste
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by danyjr Sat Mar 31, 2012 9:50 pm

One would hope Piqué doesn't get tired after making those longitudinal runs...
danyjr
danyjr
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by eelir Sat Mar 31, 2012 9:51 pm

I just hope we kill the game early in the second half and preserve a bit of energy for Milan match.
eelir
eelir
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by _LMG_10_ Sat Mar 31, 2012 9:59 pm

_LMG_10_
Starlet
Starlet

http://www.eurofootballweb.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Albiceleste Sat Mar 31, 2012 10:46 pm

I was very impressed with our defending this game, even though it was against a lesser Bilbao side.

Alexis' pressing in this game was great, he also had a couple nice dribbles but seemed frustrated overall.

MOTM:mascherano

Albiceleste
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum