BarcaKizz
billy_gr
free_cat
21 posters

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

Go down

Homage to Keita - Page 3 Empty Re: Homage to Keita

Post by matpol Sat Jul 07, 2012 7:34 pm

free_cat are you celebrating? No more Keita sub in just for the fact that he is good human being, no more playing him as DM and Busquets as CB, no more humility. Adios Keita.

My review of Keita's four years:

1st year - some good performances, mostly a sub, not overplayed. Good season for him
2nd year - overplayed a lot, average season, favored by Pep, terrible in first leg vs Inter, he took Yaya's minutes. Used far too much. Bad season. Highlight of the season = hattrick vs Zaragoza
3rd year - average season, some good performances, some bad ones. He shouldn't play as a sub vs Arsenal and vs Madrid in the League, he cost us a win in both games. Highlight of the season = assist to Messi vs Mallorca
4th year - very bad, a lot of bad performances, terrible as DM, not good enough for CM. He had one great game though, vs Sporting Gijon at CN. Worst game - vs Milan at San Siro, 1/4 UCL 1st Leg.

Good servant for a club, Pep's best friend. Thanks for 4 years, but it's time to move on. Shame though that he walked for free, the renewal which Rosell signed with him was ridiculous TBH - he had clause that if he didn't play 50% games from the start, he can walk for free. Adios Keita, take your humility to China.

matpol
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Jonathan28 Sat Jul 07, 2012 8:17 pm

Thank you Keita, for your commitment and some wonderful goals and performances. I hope you and your family enjoy life in China, unlike most players you deserve the money your gonna get for the loyalty you have shown. I hope lime Samper and Thiago show as much commitment and unselfishness as you did in your time here.

KEITA!!!!!!!
Jonathan28
Jonathan28
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by Albiceleste Sat Jul 07, 2012 8:55 pm

banana

Javi Martinez will come to replace him and give depth in defense too :bow:

Albiceleste
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Dinamo Zagreb

Back to top Go down

Post by free_cat Sat Jul 07, 2012 9:11 pm

We've done it!!!!

Thank you Keita!! He should receive an homage in the Gamper for being such a great individual!!

No Javi Martinez please....
free_cat
free_cat
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by gondov Sat Jul 07, 2012 9:19 pm

I think people are gonna realise how important keita was especially coming on as a sub. I cant think of anyone currently in the squad who can come on as a sub to provide ''steel'' in midfield and do it with 100% commitment. Affelay certainly can't. Mascherano is now a certified centre back. JDS is too short, is weaker and just as slow as Keita.

Certain times in a match you just need someone like keita to come in and do the simple things right and provide steel and calm in midfield and not take massive risks going foward. I personally think keita is irreplaceable, i cant think of anyone with that attitude atm!!

Now, some barca fans will be excited to see a more ''gifted'', good on the eye, replacement for keita in midfield, but barca already have enough of those type of players= thiago, cesc, iniesta, afellay, busquets, xavi, messi, and even adriano.

I personally would like to see another player like Yaya, or keita or even Abidal in the squad to get more balance. Some might say Javi martinez but trust me, he is not gonna be happy coming on as a sub most of the time!! With keita gone, our only ball-heading -threat also goes, assuming puyol wont play as much.

I hope there is a humble and committed, strong ,preferrably black African out there who is a decent passer of the ball and is also good defensively that barca can sign cheaply!!!

Afro Afro Afro Afro Afro Goodbye Keita, and best of luck!! :bow:
gondov
gondov
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by free_cat Sat Jul 07, 2012 9:37 pm

gondov wrote:I think people are gonna realise how important keita was especially coming on as a sub. I cant think of anyone currently in the squad who can come on as a sub to provide ''steel'' in midfield and do it with 100% commitment.

I don't understand why people says things like this that go right against evidence. Many times when Keita has come on as sub, we've looked more shaky and even conceded or the opposition made a comeback.

It's one of the reasons Keita has one of the worst plus/minus statistics in the squad for the last seasons.

We need more centimeters, but not to the cost Keita brought. We won't miss him in any case, but we won't miss him especially if we sign a good CB.

drinking drinking drinking drinking drinking cheers cheers cheers cheers
free_cat
free_cat
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Rebaño Sagrado Sat Jul 07, 2012 9:42 pm

Does this mean JDS stays?
Rebaño Sagrado
Rebaño Sagrado
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : TSV 1860 Munich

Back to top Go down

Post by CBarca Sat Jul 07, 2012 10:14 pm

I hope so!

If only all the minutes Keita was given were given to JDS, that guy would be...a beast. He could probably do it better than Keita ever did anyway.

Thanks Keita for 4 years...kinda.

Time to go party drinking banana
CBarca
CBarca
NEVER a Mod

Club Supported : Athletic Bilbao

Back to top Go down

Post by BarcaKizz Sun Jul 08, 2012 2:09 am

:bow: Best news to wake up to. With all the respect to Keita, its time to turn a new page in Barca's history!
BarcaKizz
BarcaKizz
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Sun Jul 08, 2012 9:09 am

And again.............

The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin