RealGunner
Jay29
97 posters

Page 22 of 40 Previous  1 ... 12 ... 21, 22, 23 ... 31 ... 40  Next

Go down

The Three Lions - Page 22 Empty Re: The Three Lions

Post by Xifio Fri Jun 20, 2014 7:31 am

I just saw this:

I thought England had played Uruguay, not France? anyway, yeah, Gerrard! what a mistake! gave away the winning goal from a seemingly innocuous situation ... 2-1, and that's that; totally get why people are saying he shouldn't be playing so deep ...

sorry, couldn't help myself ... tongue

Xifio
Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by guest_07 Fri Jun 20, 2014 7:37 am

is there any thread here that is special respect to any team other than england?

what is so special about england that other team don't have?

guest_07
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by BarcaLearning Fri Jun 20, 2014 9:03 am

I think England still have that little bit of lack of experience and know how in the big tournaments. They are also a bit too clean and honest if I can find the right words, Uruguay and other teams can play dirty and win without playing good football. Many teams really know how to play a high tempo together and defend tightly as a unit. England always just seem to be a bit off in these areas. They got the players this time young and with pace and good enough to score goals. But their defense and midfield just not strong and tight enough still. Maybe its just the national footballers culture, they are treated like stars and celebrities, without really the players having the mentality of giving all for my country and dying for my country which I see in some other nations like this URuguay did in this game.
BarcaLearning
BarcaLearning
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by Forza Fri Jun 20, 2014 9:32 am

The original purpose and sentiment behind this thread has been completely lost.
Forza
Forza
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Fulham

Back to top Go down

Post by Hapless_Hans Fri Jun 20, 2014 9:32 am

Let's not forget they are NOT out of this yet!!!

"LAAAND OF HOPE AND... eh... HOPE"
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by chemicalboy99 Fri Jun 20, 2014 9:58 am

Peccadillo wrote:Agreed about Rodwell joining City. Woudn't be the first time that god awful club has stifled english talent.

Rodwell's Spaghetti hamstrings stifle his particular talent. The idea that he could play 3 games in a week and a bit is akin to playing russian roulette.

Peccadillo wrote:Sturridge is an obvious choice.

The player brought through Man.City's academy?

That Sturridge?
chemicalboy99
chemicalboy99
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by messixaviesta Fri Jun 20, 2014 10:02 am

chemicalboy99 wrote:
messixaviesta wrote:I think Hodgson tried to copy the Liverpool blueprint but the players had not really had time to play in that system and become accustomed to it and each other. The performance against Italy was promising but you can only do so much at the last minute. Now perhaps they can practise playing the way they played against Italy with a little change in personnel but most importantly get used to playing like that for two years continuously before Euro 2016 comes over.

Whats this "Liverpool Blueprint" you speak of? How to toss a 3 goal lead away at Crystal Palace? The Liverpool blueprint was the guy smashing in the goals for URUGUAY.

Hodgson nice guy, totally out of his depth and Euro 2016 will consist of the next English failure Redknapp leading us to another inglorious first round exit.

Rinse and repeat.

I realized those words were misleading and so I changed the comments yesterday itself. Hodgson was not able to copy the Liverpool formation or style but what he did was played their in form players together hoping it would work but it didn't.

messixaviesta
First Team
First Team

http://twitter.com/messixaviesta , http://footballbydeepak.blogs

Back to top Go down

Post by messixaviesta Fri Jun 20, 2014 10:08 am

guest_07 wrote:is there any thread here that is special respect to any team other than england?

what is so special about england that other team don't have?

Perhaps the team that actually deserves such a thread is Australia. However the good thing about this thread is we need not cram all the England discussions into the group D thread which can concentrate more on the further prospects of each team.

messixaviesta
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by messixaviesta Fri Jun 20, 2014 10:12 am

People mentioned something about England going for a foreign coach but what have big name coaches like Fabio Capello and Sven Goran Eriksson been able to do for England? I would have suggested Guus Hiddink few years back but those days are gone. Perhaps if England do go for a different coach rather than immediate success what they should aim for is a quality playing style and players getting accustomed to playing alongside each other for some time. If the results follow then great but even if they don't at least their fans can take solace in some of the performances instead of being subject to one dour display after another.

messixaviesta
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Red Alert Fri Jun 20, 2014 10:42 am

McAgger wrote:Gerrard is not a DM. Gerrard can do the job for Liverpool because he's got two other players in midfield doing the dirty work for him.

Wait, what? Really? I thought h3 w4s the b3st DM 4 eva and ev4r.
Red Alert
Red Alert
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by B-Mac Fri Jun 20, 2014 11:12 am

people still hating on Rooney meanwhile he assisted and scored the only goals England has scored Proud rofl

dat agenda

meanwhile Gerrard has been AWFUL

the back line has been shambolic

but let's all hate on the guy scoring and assisting Proud
B-Mac
B-Mac
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by Jay29 Fri Jun 20, 2014 11:18 am

The selection of the squad was fine, as people have said. We're lacking quality defenders at the moment so Cahill and Jagielka was the best we could have at the back without going back to John Terry. They're going to be our partnership back there unless Smalling, Jones, Stones or Caulker improve.

As for full back, I think we should have taken Cole/Gibbs and Flannagan for more defensive stability. Playing Baines and Johnson either side of Cahill/Jags doesn't lend itself to solidity back there. Baines hasn't been that much of a threat with his crossing, and Johnson's habit of coming inside onto his left foot every time he comes forwards breaks down more attacks than it does improve them.

The only young defensive midfielders I can think of are Nathaniel Chalobah (Chelsea) and George Thorne (West Brom). Both have spent the season on loan in the Championship, so they're not ready for the step-up to the England first team just yet. Chalobah I don't foresee playing for Chelsea anytime soon, but Thorne may get some games at West Brom. He's one to watch.

Jay29
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Sevilla

Back to top Go down

Post by Adit Fri Jun 20, 2014 12:53 pm

England doesnt deserve respect out of pity. They will get it once they make a strong case for it.
Adit
Adit
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Borussia Mönchengladbach

http://www.realmadridfootballblog.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Fri Jun 20, 2014 1:18 pm

Forza wrote:The original purpose and sentiment behind this thread has been completely lost.

Just like the way we played and system we used against Italy has also.

Its fitting really.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Fri Jun 20, 2014 1:31 pm

messixaviesta wrote:People mentioned something about England going for a foreign coach but what have big name coaches like Fabio Capello and Sven Goran Eriksson been able to do for England? .

Problem was they chose the wrong foreign coaches. The England players "golden generation" were and still a self entitled bunch who think they are better than they are, because the media tells them they are.

Sven was a softy who worshipped at the shrine of Beckham and did very little else. Even before England, what made him so great? More than 250m spent (in the 90's no less) on a Lazio side to buy success. It says something since then, he has gone on to do nothing of any significance.

Capello is obviously a great coach, however incredibly negative and stubborn. Mix that in with those self entitled England players...you get the problems he got. Plus like I said, his style is tactical and negative..caution before adventure. You need certain players for this to work, not talent, but mentally and mindset...those England players were not the right ones, its not the English mentality.

England really do have to hire a foreign coach looking ahead but because they thrown such big money on them before (for nothing) I get their hesitation. However, its their own fault for hiring the wrong "type" of coach.

This current England team is young, energetic and full of offensive players. So in turn they need to hire a coach who makes that and can make use of that.

Hiring a negative and unimaginative coach, foreign or otherwise, will be the wrong choice.
The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by rwo power Fri Jun 20, 2014 2:41 pm

The Franchise wrote:This current England team is young, energetic and full of offensive players. So in turn they need to hire a coach who makes that and can make use of that.
Told you in some other thread that Thomas Tuchel is currently free. ^^
rwo power
rwo power
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Club Supported : Asante Kotoko

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Fri Jun 20, 2014 2:59 pm

Heard Spurs were interested in him before hiring Pochettino.

Doubt the English FA have the bravery to hire someone of his relatively unknown profile.
The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Fri Jun 20, 2014 3:09 pm

England needs to solve its midfield... lack a star striker too; but there are plenty of teams who do well without one out there. Sterling/Sturridge/Rooney is good enough for me.

Welbeck needs to stay at Man U lol. Completely useless. He is truly a DM playing CF.

Not far away imo... but then again, i don't really any good CMs on the horizon for England.
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Marseille

Back to top Go down

Post by BeautifulGame Fri Jun 20, 2014 4:48 pm

chemicalboy99 wrote:
messixaviesta wrote:I think Hodgson tried to copy the Liverpool blueprint but the players had not really had time to play in that system and become accustomed to it and each other. The performance against Italy was promising but you can only do so much at the last minute. Now perhaps they can practise playing the way they played against Italy with a little change in personnel but most importantly get used to playing like that for two years continuously before Euro 2016 comes over.

Whats this "Liverpool Blueprint" you speak of? How to toss a 3 goal lead away at Crystal Palace? The Liverpool blueprint was the guy smashing in the goals for URUGUAY.

Hodgson nice guy, totally out of his depth and Euro 2016 will consist of the next English failure Redknapp leading us to another inglorious first round exit.

Rinse and repeat.

The Liverpool blueprint that put 3 Goals past City 3 past United 5 past Arsenal and 9 past Spurs
BeautifulGame
BeautifulGame
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Fri Jun 20, 2014 7:06 pm

Well. I did say I would be extremely surprised if we reach R16.

Anyways, we should play a young team to give them minutes at the WC stage so they have experience for Euros16.

----------------------Hart-----------------------
Smalling--------Jones------Cahill------------Shaw
-------------Henderson----Wilshere--------------
Lallana-----------------Barkley--------------Sterling
-------------------Sturridge------------------------

RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by Abramovich Fri Jun 20, 2014 7:11 pm

Roy must take the blame, the POS manager I can't believe they aren't getting rid of him.

He is pure dog poo, I hate that guy with a passion.
Abramovich
Abramovich
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Napoli

Back to top Go down

Post by Art Morte Fri Jun 20, 2014 7:12 pm

I really, really like England, but I won't watch this team again while that miserable man Hodgson is in charge. The remains of my mental health wouldn't cope with that. Bye for now.
Art Morte
Art Morte
Forum legendest

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by Jay29 Fri Jun 20, 2014 7:18 pm

Dyke's said Hodgson will stay on until the end of his contract, so he'll taking the team to Euro 2016.

Exciting times ahead.

Just play this team vs Costa Rica:

Forster

Milner - Jones - Smalling - Shaw

Lampard - Wilshere

Chamberlain - Barkely - Lallana

Lambert

England B vs Costa Rica B :coffee:

Jay29
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Sevilla

Back to top Go down

Post by messixaviesta Fri Jun 20, 2014 7:20 pm

The Franchise wrote:
messixaviesta wrote:People mentioned something about England going for a foreign coach but what have big name coaches like Fabio Capello and Sven Goran Eriksson been able to do for England? .

Problem was they chose the wrong foreign coaches. The England players "golden generation" were and still a self entitled bunch who think they are better than they are, because the media tells them they are.

Sven was a softy who worshipped at the shrine of Beckham and did very little else. Even before England, what made him so great? More than 250m spent (in the 90's no less) on a Lazio side to buy success. It says something since then, he has gone on to do nothing of any significance.

Capello is obviously a great coach, however incredibly negative and stubborn. Mix that in with those self entitled England players...you get the problems he got. Plus like I said, his style is tactical and negative..caution before adventure. You need certain players for this to work, not talent, but mentally and mindset...those England players were not the right ones, its not the English mentality.

England really do have to hire a foreign coach looking ahead but because they thrown such big money on them before (for nothing) I get their hesitation. However, its their own fault for hiring the wrong "type" of coach.

This current England team is young, energetic and full of offensive players. So in turn they need to hire a coach who makes that and can make use of that.

Hiring a negative and unimaginative coach, foreign or otherwise, will be the wrong choice.

Yes dani that makes good sense. About Sven I don't like him either but I will say one small point. For whatever reason results before and after him for England have largely been worse than what they were in his times.

I completely agree that whether they play well or badly the English mentality can never accept a cautious defensive game. It has to be gung ho. Hence whoever the coach is he must be attack minded.

messixaviesta
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Art Morte Fri Jun 20, 2014 7:21 pm

The mods should show some mercy and lock this thread.
Art Morte
Art Morte
Forum legendest

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by EL Patron Fri Jun 20, 2014 7:23 pm

should have played like Liverpool  hmm 
EL Patron
EL Patron
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite