C.Marchisio #8
Internal
Milantildeath
102 posters

Page 17 of 40 Previous  1 ... 10 ... 16, 17, 18 ... 28 ... 40  Next

Go down

Italian National Team Thread - Page 17 Empty Re: Italian National Team Thread

Post by Ganso Mon Mar 18, 2013 10:59 pm

Prandelli said he will not experiment vs us.

Ganso
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by dostoevsky Tue Mar 19, 2013 6:26 am

That's not really news, Prandelli wouldn't experiment if he were playing the Faroe Islands.

I'm glad to see De Sciglio receive another call-up, hopefully he can get some experience against important opposition, even if it is just a friendly.

I'm frankly fed up of Prandelli calling four goalkeepers when he only ever plays Buffon. If Marchetti and Sirigu aren't allowed to play important games then they'll be deers caught in the headlights when the big games do roll around, Buffon shouldn't be wasted on friendlies. The same applies to Pirlo and Chiellini, the team needs to learn to survive without them. We already know what they can do with them.

The presence of Giaccherini and Gilardino is painful to see, though given the injuries to the alternatives to Gilardino it's not a terrible call I suppose. One must wonder when Cassano is going to be recalled if Prandelli is being honest about not excluding him from future plans. Hopefully no one gets injured and we put in a decent performance.
dostoevsky
dostoevsky
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by Kaladin Sat Mar 23, 2013 1:08 pm

Roma midfielder Alessandro Florenzi has been added to the Italy squad for the qualifier v Malta. (He was with the U-21's)
Kaladin
Kaladin
Stormblessed

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Kaladin Sun Mar 24, 2013 8:13 pm

So, who do you guys think should be Italy's backline (fullbacks included), given that everyone is fit by the time the WC rolls around

Abate/Maggio/MDS----------Barza/Bonucci--------Chiellini/Bonucci--------Criscito/Santon (hmm)/MDS/Balza
Kaladin
Kaladin
Stormblessed

Back to top Go down

Post by Luca Sun Mar 24, 2013 8:43 pm

In a 4-man backline?

Criscito-Chiellini-Barzagli-MDS

Luca
J Council Master

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by Kaladin Sun Mar 24, 2013 8:47 pm

I still think MDS is a bit raw on the international level, maybe if he can alternate with Maggio or Abate (kinda like the Euros)
Kaladin
Kaladin
Stormblessed

Back to top Go down

Post by juventus101 Sun Mar 24, 2013 9:16 pm

Chiellini and Barzagli are for sure starters. Theyre the 2 best CBs in the world in my opinion so theres no.dropping them. The question is the fullbacks or wingbacks depending on which formation we play. Right now Peluso and Abate are in great form, but De Scigluo is rapidly improving and by the time the World Cup rolls around could be a step above.them. Giaccherini is also a wingbaxk option, but he barelg plays there as Conte mainlg uses him as a CM. Maggio and Criscito can play both wingback or fullback, but i havent seen Criscito play att club level for a while and while Maggio is the best at attacking (outside of Giacch who is a converted SS/Winger), he is probably the worstt at defending (outside of Giacch again). Its tough, i dont think we can rely decide yet until the WC gets closer. You never know, maybe Pepe comes back and tears it up, then he could be a wingback. Oh, and if you dont already know, in a 3-man backline Bonucci starts between Barzagli and Chiellini.
juventus101
juventus101
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by nasir6371 Tue Mar 26, 2013 10:16 pm

Giacherini what is his position and what does he bring to the Azzurri???
nasir6371
nasir6371
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Manchester City

Back to top Go down

Post by Kaladin Wed Mar 27, 2013 4:59 pm

nasir6371 wrote:Giacherini what is his position and what does he bring to the Azzurri???

He has multiple positions, he can play as a CM, LWB, LM and CAM now apparently, as to what he brings..i guess you can say.....variety...
Kaladin
Kaladin
Stormblessed

Back to top Go down

Post by Kaladin Mon May 20, 2013 4:13 am

Since nobody updated this thread, i might as well go ahead

Here are the call-ups by Cesare Prandelli, the definitive list of 23 for the Confederations Cup will be submitted on June 3rd:

Goalkeepers: Buffon, Marchetti, Sirigu, Agazzi

DF: Abate, Antonelli, Astori, Barzagli, Bonucci, Chiellini, De Sciglio, Maggio, Ogbonna, Ranocchia

MF: Aquilani, Bonaventura, Candreva, Cerci, De Rossi, Diamanti, Giaccherini, Marchisio, Montolivo, Pirlo, Poli

ST: Balotelli, El Shaarawy, Gilardino, Giovinco, Osvaldo, Sau

Marco Verratti, Lorenzo Insigne, and Mattia Destro will play for the U-21 side in the Euro U-21 tournament in Israel.
Kaladin
Kaladin
Stormblessed

Back to top Go down

Post by zarola Thu May 23, 2013 8:46 pm

El Shaarawy wrote:Since nobody updated this thread, i might as well go ahead

Here are the call-ups by Cesare Prandelli, the definitive list of 23 for the Confederations Cup will be submitted on June 3rd:

DF: Abate, Antonelli, Astori, Barzagli, Bonucci, Chiellini, De Sciglio, Maggio, Ogbonna, Ranocchia

MF: Aquilani, Bonaventura, Candreva, Cerci, De Rossi, Diamanti, Giaccherini, Marchisio, Montolivo, Pirlo, Poli

ST: Balotelli, El Shaarawy, Gilardino, Giovinco, Osvaldo, Sau

Marco Verratti, Lorenzo Insigne, and Mattia Destro will play for the U-21 side in the Euro U-21 tournament in Israel.

is santon injured?
I guess it makes sense for those guys to play for U-21....
Gilardino? Sau? weird.... our attack doesn't look too scary Sad

IDK this squad doesn't seem too convincing to me at the moment to be honest
zarola
zarola
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Tomwin Lannister Thu May 23, 2013 8:51 pm

Candreva and Cerci will end up getting subbed on a LOT rofl

Also, Quags should be there ahead of Giovinco, Gila, Sau and Osvaldo.
Tomwin Lannister
Tomwin Lannister
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Kaladin Thu May 23, 2013 9:14 pm

I think Santon might have been called up for the U-21

It'll be interesting to watch Sau on the international level hmm

I agree that Quags should be ahead of Gio

Compared to Germany's called up list, we're actually not half bad Laughing
Kaladin
Kaladin
Stormblessed

Back to top Go down

Post by zarola Fri May 24, 2013 4:01 am

ST: Balotelli, El Shaarawy, GilardinoGiovinco, Osvaldo, Sau

wait a minute... where's criscito?
anyway

Buffon
De Sciglio Barzagli Chiellini Ogbonna
De Rossi Pirlo Montolivo
Diamanti
El Shaarawy Balotelli
zarola
zarola
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by dostoevsky Fri May 24, 2013 8:35 am

Criscito is out for about five months with a horrible injury Zarola. Sad I'm not that Santon has been called up at all given that he's been struggling with a hamstring injury for a while, I think it is best for him to have the summer off completely, though I personally would have loved to see him taken to Brazil for the experience.

As for Quagliarella Tom, I am a fan, however Osvaldo has proven that he can be of great use at international level in his short time with the team and has performed well during the season, I don't believe there is any reason to drop him out of the rotation given that he has shown himself capable of succeeding under Prandelli. Most importantly, Osvaldo is the sort of forward capable of taking the physical attention of the central defenders away from Balotelli, he relishes the physical battle in a way that Balotelli doesn't and one can see the greater freedom that Mario enjoys when Osvaldo is playing. Their partnership is certainly not suited to all matches and certainly he struggled against Brazil when we required a more expansive game, however I certainly think he's proven his worth.

On the issue of Sau, I would praise Prandelli for experimenting with his squad and rewarding a player for positive performances, however I find it hard to get excited knowing that he will almost certainly be cut when the final squad is announced. Gilardino is simply one of Prandelli's favourites who we must suffer.

My biggest regret in terms of the forward line is the absence of Destro, a forward I love and who I believe should complete our trio of versatile centre forwards along with Balotelli and Osvaldo.

The final notable absence is that of Verratti, which I find highly disappointing. Whilst I am looking forward to the U21 European Championships, I would much rather Pirlo be given the entire summer off and Verratti experience a full international tournament in Brazil. Similarly I'd like to have seen Buffon, Barzagli and Chiellini rested. We know what they can give to the team, we need to ensure that the team can play without them in case of injury. Two consecutive tournaments in 2008 and 2010 were essentially lost as the team had no idea how to cope with the loss of first team members during the tournament. This should have been used to prepare for that eventuality but instead it will be wasted. Pirlo and Chiellini are not going to forget how to play with the team if they miss a month of international football.

I also hope that Cerci makes the final cut as there is no other player in the squad like him, even if he is a limited player, once must admire his willingness to back himself and he showed against Brazil that he is capable of making an impact with the team.
dostoevsky
dostoevsky
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Fri May 24, 2013 2:11 pm

Santon is currently injured, i would like it if he could have the summer off and concentrate on his new born daughter and next season personally.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG

Back to top Go down

Post by dostoevsky Mon May 27, 2013 3:45 pm

Italy Coach Cesare Prandelli will consider taking action against Roma’s Pablo Daniel Osvaldo, once he has assessed his fallout with Aurelio Andreazzoli.

The player reportedly insulted his Coach at the end of the Giallorossi’s 1-0 Coppa Italia Final defeat to Lazio on Sunday evening and then followed up Andreazzoli’s response with an insult via Twitter.

It was put to Prandelli soon after if this could impact on the player’s place at the summer’s Confederations Cup in Brazil.

“I need to reflect in order to understand what has happened. I want to talk with the leaders at Roma and then you will know if there will be any consequences,” Prandelli told reporters today.

“I have considerations that I have to make, but I have not seen in detail what has happened. I want to understand that and then take any decisions.

“His tweet? I do not want to comment, I want to maintain a certain seriousness in dealing with these matters.”

Prandelli was talking at the first day of Italy’s training camp ahead of Friday evening’s friendly with San Marino.

The CT was asked of the prospect of resting Andrea Pirlo for the Confederations Cup this summer.

“For me it is a pleasure to see him in the national team, whilst if he wants to rest, we shall see.

“He remains a point of reference. If we need to recover him [for the Confederations Cup] then we will work appropriately, he is an indispensable player.

“He still has the quality to keep up with opponents as we have seen in Europe.

“We will evaluate if he is tired, but it is a secondary issue. If you have great motivation, fatigue is relative.”

Roma and Lazio players named in the provisional 31-man squad for the summer’s fixture list are not present at today’s training after their Coppa Italia Final on Sunday, which saw clashes between fans afterwards, with Roma’s fans attacking their own team’s bus.

“When these problems are tackled they are never looked at in the right spirit. For me, what I believe we all want is to get to and from the stadium in a different spirit.

“The violence is always the same, the same things happen in spite of how much we talk about it.

“We will also the issue of racism in these coming days. We have the ability as a team to deal with uncomfortable topics. In the past we have had to do it and we will do so again in the future.”

Italy face San Marino on Friday in a friendly, head out to the Czech Republic for a World Cup qualifier the following week and then travel to Brazil for the summer’s Confederations Cup.

“We started three years ago a difficult project. We’ve had some good responses. On the level of our play we have shown quality, but we have to raise our pace because this is what you need at international level.

“We have to do well against the Czech Republic, it is vital to get the three points and then be able to face the following commitments in the right mood.”

Gigi Riva announced his retirement from the Azzurri set-up after 50 years, but Prandelli hinted that his return may not be out of the question.

“We have tried to make him understand that the door is always open for him and at the same time we do not close the possibility of making use of his experience.

“In Brazil we could arrive with 10 from the World Cup. On the other hand, we have called Marco Sau, one that makes the luck for Coaches…”
dostoevsky
dostoevsky
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Tomwin Lannister Mon May 27, 2013 5:07 pm

Osvaldo rofl

Also, Italy's attacking selections baffle me. Have done for a very long time and seems like it will continue to do so..

Marco Sau, come on Prandelli...
Tomwin Lannister
Tomwin Lannister
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Kaladin Wed May 29, 2013 1:00 pm

"Mario Balotelli and Andrea Barzagli are likely to miss Friday’s #Italy-San Marino friendly, confirmed medical staff"

http://www.football-italia.net/34735/balotelli-miss-san-marino

El Shaarawy is rumored to have received a knock and as such he missed the training session on Monday, most likely he will not feature against San Marino
Kaladin
Kaladin
Stormblessed

Back to top Go down

Post by dostoevsky Wed May 29, 2013 2:12 pm

If Balotelli, Osvaldo and El Shaarawy are to miss the San Marino match then I fear that Gilardino marches straight into the line-up in Prandelli's eyes, though I have heard that he is considering starting Sau. In any case, we should be able to deal with San Marino no matter what, however our game against the Czech Republic in Prague is the real concern and I would be concerned if we couldn't go into the match with a strong line-up. Destro's absence from the squad is particularly frustrating given that Osvaldo has been dropped. It's vital that he be called up in my opinion, we simply can't go to the Confederations Cup with Gilardino as our back-up to Balotelli, no matter how irrelevant a tournament it is.
dostoevsky
dostoevsky
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Eivindo Wed May 29, 2013 3:14 pm

lol San Marino
Eivindo
Eivindo
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Wed May 29, 2013 3:24 pm

Well, that's what you get when you ignore your 2nd best 9 and then the first choice becomes injured...

Prandelli would lose too much face if he calls up Osvaldo after Balo becomes injured.
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by Tomwin Lannister Wed May 29, 2013 3:25 pm

Why the *bleep* is Quags not called up, said it before.

Hasn't he scored more goals than everybody else available? Also with far, far less minutes and no penalties.
Tomwin Lannister
Tomwin Lannister
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by zarola Wed May 29, 2013 3:53 pm

Quagliarella always plays so fantastic for the national team... so much passion. It's a shame he didn't get a good run of games consistently, he could've been something huuuuge for the national team. it seems like his time for italia is up.
zarola
zarola
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Kaladin Fri May 31, 2013 8:45 am

Predicted lineup

Italian National Team Thread - Page 17 BLk9HTSCEAAJpDz

Very interesting, doesn't Bonaventura operate a bit deeper? Also wanted to see more of Cerci
Kaladin
Kaladin
Stormblessed

Back to top Go down

Post by zarola Fri May 31, 2013 4:03 pm

ummm......... ewwww^^
zarola
zarola
First Team
First Team