C.Marchisio #8
Internal
Milantildeath
102 posters

Page 35 of 40 Previous  1 ... 19 ... 34, 35, 36 ... 40  Next

Go down

Italian National Team Thread - Page 35 Empty Re: Italian National Team Thread

Post by messixaviesta Mon Jun 02, 2014 5:29 pm

William Hill has given Italy winning odds of 25/1 and to Belgium they have given 16/1. It's a pity that the world will never learn to respect the four time world champions.

messixaviesta
First Team
First Team

http://twitter.com/messixaviesta , http://footballbydeepak.blogs

Back to top Go down

Post by Tomwin Lannister Mon Jun 02, 2014 5:37 pm

Probably because Italy look beyond uninspiring in 90% of friendly matches. There's no logical reason why, so people put it down to a mediocre team

but i'd be very surprised if something like 2010 happened again
Tomwin Lannister
Tomwin Lannister
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by zarola Mon Jun 02, 2014 6:00 pm

Well that's weird. Am I understanding this right... soooo Prandelli didn't like how Rossi was afraid of getting close to defenders and being tackled and such?
zarola
zarola
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by messixaviesta Mon Jun 02, 2014 7:40 pm

Italy can play as badly as they want in friendlies and qualifiers.

2010 was an aberration. The team Lippi took to the world cup was a retirement home, at least half of it. It was self indulgence at it's shameless worst that since I won the world cup I have the right to do just what I please, not too different from Maradona's since I am Argentina's greatest superstar and world cup winner I will only take those players to the world cup who are my chums, apprentices and disciples. So let's just leave 2010 alone and look at pretty much everything else.

Which team played Spain in the Euro 2012 final? Which team came closest to making the Confed 2013 final which Brazil and Spain played?

Does this not tell even a half wit that Italy is the very definition of a tournament team? They are made to step up when needed. Even Brazil will worry about Italy if they have to face them. They have not forgotten 1982 and never will. The likes of Spain and Argentina will treat Italy with maximum respect every single time. As for Germany they will curse their stars and wish they were rather facing Spain or Brazil than Italy.

Who is Belgium? What do they have in their favour? A somewhat good squad. Some good results in which they have hardly played the world's best. After seeing this kind of hype I am putting them down to be one of the biggest flops of the tournament because teams who have not been there and done that are 90% not likely to be able to handle this kind of burden of expectations. Remember Colombia 1994!

To even consider placing Belgium over Italy is beyond ridiculous and then seeing the margin between them leaves me not knowing what more to say.

messixaviesta
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by Tomwin Lannister Mon Jun 02, 2014 7:43 pm

Football manager youngster hype is responsible for this Proud
Tomwin Lannister
Tomwin Lannister
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by messixaviesta Mon Jun 02, 2014 7:49 pm

Tomwin Lannister wrote:Football manager youngster hype is responsible for this Proud

Maybe but for an establishment as old as 'William Hill' to fall for it. Some years back I thought these guys came up with very logical odds but in recent times they have disappointed and WC 2014 is probably their worst ever attempt.

messixaviesta
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Tomwin Lannister Mon Jun 02, 2014 7:52 pm

Ah well, bodes better for me as i'll probably be betting on Italia. The reputation of Serie A has declined massively, Italy haven't won a match since December and put 2 and 2 together and they're quite badly underrated.

Last edited by Tomwin Lannister on Mon Jun 02, 2014 8:06 pm; edited 1 time in total
Tomwin Lannister
Tomwin Lannister
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by messixaviesta Mon Jun 02, 2014 8:02 pm

Tomwin Lannister wrote:Ah well, bodes better for me as i'll probably be betting on Italia. The reputation of Serie A has declined massively, Italy haven't won a match since December and put 2 and 2 together and they're not quite badly underrated.

Perhaps that's how it always with Italy. It's when they are rated high that they will disappoint as happened in Euro 2008.

messixaviesta
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by M99 Mon Jun 02, 2014 8:42 pm

El Shaarawy wrote:Rossi's Twitter:

Everyone says I'm not in shape: I dare them to ask anyone for the test results and those of the match. You'll be surprised.

Getting tackle on? Scared? Makes me laugh. My decision making is faster than the defenders...

...next time, like an amateur, I'll wait for my opponents to get tackled on. Just some things I wanted to clear up.

https://twitter.com/GiuseppeRossi22

Poor guy.
M99
M99
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by Robespierre Mon Jun 02, 2014 9:15 pm

messixaviesta wrote:Italy can play as badly as they want in friendlies and qualifiers.

2010 was an aberration. The team Lippi took to the world cup was a retirement home, at least half of it. It was self indulgence at it's shameless worst that since I won the world cup I have the right to do just what I please, not too different from Maradona's since I am Argentina's greatest superstar and world cup winner I will only take those players to the world cup who are my chums, apprentices and disciples. So let's just leave 2010 alone and look at pretty much everything else.

Which team played Spain in the Euro 2012 final? Which team came closest to making the Confed 2013 final which Brazil and Spain played?

Does this not tell even a half wit that Italy is the very definition of a tournament team? They are made to step up when needed. Even Brazil will worry about Italy if they have to face them. They have not forgotten 1982 and never will. The likes of Spain and Argentina will treat Italy with maximum respect every single time. As for Germany they will curse their stars and wish they were rather facing Spain or Brazil than Italy.

Who is Belgium? What do they have in their favour? A somewhat good squad. Some good results in which they have hardly played the world's best. After seeing this kind of hype I am putting them down to be one of the biggest flops of the tournament because teams who have not been there and done that are 90% not likely to be able to handle this kind of burden of expectations. Remember Colombia 1994!

To even consider placing Belgium over Italy is beyond ridiculous and then seeing the margin between them leaves me not knowing what more to say.

Great post,  I agree really about all .
Robespierre
Robespierre
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Inter Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by messixaviesta Mon Jun 02, 2014 9:18 pm

Thanks Robespierre.

messixaviesta
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Juveman17 Mon Jun 02, 2014 9:50 pm

Completely agree. Once again, Italy are expected to do nothing and, call me crazy, we could go all the way.
Juveman17
Juveman17
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Fulham

https://www.youtube.com/user/juveman176

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Mon Jun 02, 2014 10:27 pm

Italy are always ignored, i wouldn't be surprised if they go far again. Although ignoring Rossi is a stupid move.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Mon Jun 02, 2014 10:40 pm

Only fools write off Italy. If ever a nation performed as a team and ground out wins and even performances despite what people perceive as a weak squad, it would probably be them.

The talk of England's youth, pace and power being too much for Italy simply makes me chuckle.

That's not to say England are totally incapable of beating Italy, but the bigger chances are, the "athletes" of England will be lost and frustrated by the knowledge, experience and street smarts which Italy always possess.

The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Mon Jun 02, 2014 10:45 pm

Funny thing is while its a young team we are not that athletic Laughing

As far as athleticism goes you probably have Johnson, Sterling and Sturridge and that's pushing it really.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Mon Jun 02, 2014 10:57 pm

That's true, its not. Why I said "athletic", its just what I have heard people saying.

The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Robespierre Mon Jun 02, 2014 11:03 pm

Great Leader Sprucenuce wrote:Italy are always ignored, i wouldn't be surprised if they go far again. Although ignoring Rossi is a stupid move.

i am still schocked for this decision . i've lost some certaintes. immobile scored over 20 goals in Serie A this year but he's a player totally inexperienced to these levels, and this was his first year played well . infact i can't talk about a match played well by him in Nt. this NT can't renounce to Rossi also for a matter of international experience, important thing for these tournaments . Basically I can imagine again the midfield to be the soul of this NT, with an attack with average performance after it .
Robespierre
Robespierre
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Tomwin Lannister Mon Jun 02, 2014 11:46 pm

Yep by what people are saying you'd think English National team is full of 220 pound freak athletes.

Tomwin Lannister
Tomwin Lannister
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Xifio Mon Jun 02, 2014 11:49 pm

guys, relax, I've found the reason ... here's a story, published by the ESPN Magazine, which cemented Rossi's Judas reputation in the States:

Italian National Team Thread - Page 35 RJ1WI0D

now, this was published on May 17, 2010, just 2 weeks before his selection to Lippi's squad looked certain ... but since that time, he's yet to make a World Cup squad ...

the curse of the American people upon Rossi is clear; the curse is alive ...
Xifio
Xifio
Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Robespierre Tue Jun 03, 2014 2:27 am

yep I remind Americans called him traitor before of Italy-USA in confederations cup Laughing they accused us to have naturalized Rossi , but he has the parents both Italian ..
then he scored two goals celebrating much Proud
Robespierre
Robespierre
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Juveman17 Tue Jun 03, 2014 2:45 am

I completely understand Rossi's predicament since I am an Italian-American. My mom was born in Italy and speaks Italian while my dad was born from Italian immigrants. I love being American but I am very proud of my Italian heritage. Its a tough time when Italy and the USA play each other in sports but I have a bias towards Italy for soccer. I support both teams but since I am a Juventus fan and a devoted Serie A watcher I do feel more inclined to support Italy. I also think the sport means more to Italians than Americans hence why I feel its more important for Italy to win games. If I was in Rossi's position, I honestly dont know what I would do. Part of me would see the potential of becoming the face of US soccer while another part would want me to follow me dreams and joined the Azzurri, a team I have been supporting since 06.

So the whole 'traitor' thing is a bunch of bull shit. It's nowhere near an easy decision that people predict it to be.
Juveman17
Juveman17
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Busby Babe Tue Jun 03, 2014 2:45 am

El Shaarawy wrote:Rossi's Twitter:

Everyone says I'm not in shape: I dare them to ask anyone for the test results and those of the match. You'll be surprised.

Getting tackle on? Scared? Makes me laugh. My decision making is faster than the defenders...

...next time, like an amateur, I'll wait for my opponents to get tackled on. Just some things I wanted to clear up.

https://twitter.com/GiuseppeRossi22

Damn Sad
Busby Babe
Busby Babe
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Marseille

Back to top Go down

Post by Robespierre Tue Jun 03, 2014 3:00 am

Juveman17 wrote:I completely understand Rossi's predicament since I am an Italian-American. My mom was born in Italy and speaks Italian while my dad was born from Italian immigrants. I love being American but I am very proud of my Italian heritage. Its a tough time when Italy and the USA play each other in sports but I have a bias towards Italy for soccer. I support both teams but since I am a Juventus fan and a devoted Serie A watcher I do feel more inclined to support Italy. I also think the sport means more to Italians than Americans hence why I feel its more important for Italy to win games. If I was in Rossi's position, I honestly dont know what I would do. Part of me would see the potential of becoming the face of US soccer while another part would want me to follow me dreams and joined the Azzurri, a team I have been supporting since 06.

So the whole 'traitor' thing is a bunch of bull shit. It's nowhere near an easy decision that people predict it to be.

Rossi is both Italian and American . Definying him traitor or naturalized players doesn't make sense , because he can choose a thing as he can choose the other, both are thing who belong him directly. he is not betraying something. On the other hand a guy called Giuseppe Rossi...Giuseppe is the most popular name in Italy, Rossi is the most popular surname .. it is as " Jack Smith " in UK Proud
It has nothing to do with Diego Costa, just he can be called traitor.

Last edited by Robespierre on Tue Jun 03, 2014 3:02 am; edited 1 time in total
Robespierre
Robespierre
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Juveman17 Tue Jun 03, 2014 3:01 am

Robespierre wrote:
Juveman17 wrote:I completely understand Rossi's predicament since I am an Italian-American. My mom was born in Italy and speaks Italian while my dad was born from Italian immigrants. I love being American but I am very proud of my Italian heritage. Its a tough time when Italy and the USA play each other in sports but I have a bias towards Italy for soccer. I support both teams but since I am a Juventus fan and a devoted Serie A watcher I do feel more inclined to support Italy. I also think the sport means more to Italians than Americans hence why I feel its more important for Italy to win games. If I was in Rossi's position, I honestly dont know what I would do. Part of me would see the potential of becoming the face of US soccer while another part would want me to follow me dreams and joined the Azzurri, a team I have been supporting since 06.

Rossi is both Italian and American . Definying him traitor or naturalized players doesn't make sense , because he can choose a thing as he can choose the other, both are thing who belong him directly. he is not betraying something. On the other hand a guy called Giuseppe Rossi...Giuseppe is the most popular name in Italy, Rossi is the most popular surname .. it is as Jack Smith in UK Proud
It has nothing to do with Diego Costa, he can be called traitor.

Exactly ^^
Juveman17
Juveman17
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by messixaviesta Tue Jun 03, 2014 5:38 am

The Franchise wrote:Only fools write off Italy. If ever a nation performed as a team and ground out wins and even performances despite what people perceive as a weak squad, it would probably be them.

The talk of England's youth, pace and power being too much for Italy simply makes me chuckle.

That's not to say England are totally incapable of beating Italy, but the bigger chances are, the "athletes" of England will be lost and frustrated by the knowledge, experience and street smarts which Italy always possess.

Very well said dani. I praised England's youth and said they would have an edge over Uruguay, certainly not Italy. Smile

messixaviesta
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by messixaviesta Tue Jun 03, 2014 5:42 am

Juveman17 wrote:Completely agree. Once again, Italy are expected to do nothing and, call me crazy, we could go all the way.

Nothing crazy about that I say. After Argentina and Brazil, Italy is #3 on my list of possible winners along with another somewhat crazy pick France. I have lost a lot of faith in Germany in the last few weeks. Spain's cycle is probably at an end. The others are not good enough to win it.

messixaviesta
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 35 of 40 Previous  1 ... 19 ... 34, 35, 36 ... 40  Next