Paulo Dybala

5 posters

Go down

Paulo Dybala Empty Paulo Dybala

Post by BiasedMilanFan3 Fri Apr 06, 2012 1:18 pm

http://www.goal.com/en/news/1717/editorial/2012/04/06/3007605/meet-inter-ac-milan-target-paulo-dybala-the-teenage

Meet Inter & AC Milan target Paulo Dybala: The teenage sensation setting Argentina's second tier on fire

Even 12 months ago, it is unlikely that any team or player from Argentina's Nacional B could do enough to earn nationwide coverage. The second tier of the country's football was a poor cousin to the action found in the top flight, and barely merited a handful of lines in the media. Then, of course, everything changed on a fine winter's afternoon in Nunez.

River Plate's relegation from the Primera last June opened up the second level, and the reaction has been outstanding. The attention paid to the Nacional B has grown astonishingly thanks to the presence of one of Argentina's traditional giants, and young Instituto striker Paulo Dybala has grabbed the opportunity with glee.

The diminutive striker, who brings to mind a fresh-faced Sergio Aguero when he first burst on to the scene with Independiente, began his career in the B at the same time as the Millo took their first tentative steps to recovery. And it is perhaps not an overstatement to declare that it is in a large part due to the exploits of the 18-year-old Cordoba native that instead of running away with the title, River find themselves in a bitter fight with Instituto to take top spot.

'La Joya's' hat-trick against Desamparados took him to 16 goals for the season, and his next effort - a headed goal from the 1.68m striker to set his team on the way to a defeat of Defensa y Justicia - drew him level with former Bordeaux and Zaragoza man Fernando Cavenaghi at the top of the scoring charts. The way he arrived to his treble was further proof of the talents he has been showing throughout the 2011-12 season. The first came as he dominated a long ball and left the defence in his wake, before delicately chipping past the Desamparados goalkeeper.

The second was the product of a late bursting run into the box that was reminiscent of Juan Roman Riquelme, followed by a nonchalant flick into the net. The hat-trick goal, which arrived after just 25 minutes, was a first-time finish at the near post as the ball spiralled across the goalmouth. With that strike the game was all but in the bag, and Instituto consolidated a three-point lead at the top over River to make promotion appear more and more a distinct possibility. The only question now appears to be, will Paulo be with the club to enjoy Primera football?

Further demonstrating how the Nacional B has been opened up by the Millo descent, the teenager's brilliant displays and above all consistency - he has been an ever-present this year for the Alta Cordoba club, an impressive record for someone who was 17 at the start of the
"It would be a dream to play with Messi, to share a squad or even a training session with him"

- Paulo Dybala
season - have already attracted attention from afar. AC Milan are confirmed admirers, and city rivals Inter are reportedly considering a bid to make Dybala the newest member of their extensive South American legion.

Could he hold his own in Serie A, without a single appearance even in Argentina's top flight? It is almost impossible to say. Paulo appears remarkably well-rounded for a player of his tender age, equally happy poking home from six yards as he is curling in a long-range free kick. In terms of temperament as well, his behaviour throughout the punishing Nacional B campaign has been impeccable. But it is hard to avoid the nagging doubt that the step up at this point would be a culture shock of the highest degree. For his part, the youngster is adamant that his future lies in La Gloria.

"For now I am not thinking about Europe, I am focused on Instituto. A lot gets said, but I am not thinking about that," Dybala told reporters following his hat-trick heroics in San Juan, making it clear that his first priority was to get his club up to the Primera before considering a new life in Milan, Rome or Europe. Although, he has also previously confessed that "it would be a dream to play with [Lionel] Messi, to share a squad or even a training session with him."

For now then, the future is at the same time extremely bright and tantalisingly undecided for this jewel of Cordoba. One thing is certain, however; whether 2012 sees him lining up for Instituto, one of the Primera Division giants or even a Serie A outfit, Paulo Dybala is ready to start making serious waves in the world of Argentine football.

Anyone here interested in this guy?

I personally dont think he'll leave his club. Young players aren't leaving their clubs at young, young ages now and are taking their time with their inevitable European move (i.e. Neymar, Eriksen, etc, etc). If Dybala had the best intentions for his career, he'd stay at his club or even move to an Argentine club in the top tier. And maybe in seasons to come, Milan will take a renewed interest in Dybala but at the moment, I wont be losing sleep if he doesn't come to Milan.
BiasedMilanFan3
BiasedMilanFan3
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Paulo Dybala Empty Re: Paulo Dybala

Post by shamr9pato Fri Apr 06, 2012 1:25 pm

[img]Paulo Dybala Stepha11[/img]
shamr9pato
shamr9pato
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by dostoevsky Sat Apr 07, 2012 3:02 am

Was anyone else actually aware of our "interest" in him before this lol.com article? It struck me as rather random, though if we randomly acquired Lucas Roggia then we could frankly be following anyone.
dostoevsky
dostoevsky
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Forza Sat Apr 07, 2012 3:10 am

lol, Lucas Roggia, what does he even look like? Rolling Eyes

I have heard of Dybala, but only because I think there was a lol.com article about him a few months ago as well.
Forza
Forza
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Fulham

Back to top Go down

Post by •MilanDevil• Sat Apr 07, 2012 5:17 am

How come we have never seen Lucas Roggia in action?
•MilanDevil•
•MilanDevil•
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by dostoevsky Sat Apr 07, 2012 5:19 am

Roggia has been playing with our Primavera team, mostly appearing as a substitute.
dostoevsky
dostoevsky
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by BiasedMilanFan3 Sat Apr 07, 2012 9:15 am

I heard we only bought Roggia as a favor for Raoila (his agent)

By signing Roggia on loan, we are spreading his name to other European teams and increasing his chances of signing for another team. Just take Mattioni for example, because we signed him on loan, we made other teams aware of him and I believe Milan are the reason he is playing in Spain right now.
BiasedMilanFan3
BiasedMilanFan3
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down