Is Cristiano Ronaldo the best & most complete player in the world?

+60
Pedram
Collblanc
Zealous
vivabarca38
che
Be/\/ceCALI
StevieRayVaughan
Valkyrja
_LMG_10_
chad4401
Red Alert
Tigole
Sushi Master
CBarca
Kev
Magricos
FennecFox7
Yuri Yukuv
The Verminator
EarlyPrototype
Lord Hades
Lord Awesome
JAY-Z
Aensensen
Abramovich
Ganso
LeSwagg James
Adrian0911
white_star
Mr Nick09
The Franchise
Iceman
Le Samourai
Mr_Puyol
VanDeezNuts
jibers
billionmillion
Omniscient
guest7
Jack Daniels
RealGunner
Cotes
Mr. Festim
Bellabong
Dnmac4
Albiceleste
billy_gr
jontsu
Baraa
Onyx
StrugaRock
paperbackwriter
Beautiful Football
S
shinigami99
ronalessi
stunt
BarrileteCosmico
Die Borussen
LeVersacci
64 posters

Page 2 of 10 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Go down

Is Cristiano Ronaldo the best & most complete player in the world? - Page 2 Empty Re: Is Cristiano Ronaldo the best & most complete player in the world?

Post by Jack Daniels Wed Apr 11, 2012 11:09 pm

RealGunner wrote:He is the most complete, but not the best

In terms of goal scoring maybe.

Jack Daniels
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Is Cristiano Ronaldo the best & most complete player in the world? - Page 2 Empty Re: Is Cristiano Ronaldo the best & most complete player in the world?

Post by Albiceleste Wed Apr 11, 2012 11:11 pm

Tonight on display was Ronaldos ruthless shooting technique and power, didn't see much else of note from him other than that, Juanfran did a good job against him imo. That's why he's not the most complete, he's also not the best either to answer OPs question.

Albiceleste
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Dinamo Zagreb

Back to top Go down

Post by guest7 Wed Apr 11, 2012 11:12 pm

CR7 seems to be setting La Liga records while messi only sets Barca records. :coffee:

Also, dunno what you saw LM, CR7 was top notch the whole game, in terms of passing, dribbling and scoring.
guest7
guest7
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Albiceleste Wed Apr 11, 2012 11:13 pm

True he did have some good passes, I was mistaken. Better performance than I initially though, not too impressed with his dribbling still though.

stunt wrote:
dnmac4 wrote:Do you know what would happen if we had a thread like this every time Messi has a great game?

You usually do. And when you don't, the press does. The messi bandwagon is far bigger than the Ronaldo one.
That would be true, except your logic is flawed, how do you explain the 60+ pages of CR7 circle jerking over the two threads in the madrid section and general section, while Messi only has a couple pages of posts in his fanclub thread?

Last edited by Albiceleste on Wed Apr 11, 2012 11:16 pm; edited 1 time in total

Albiceleste
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Dinamo Zagreb

Back to top Go down

Post by Die Borussen Wed Apr 11, 2012 11:15 pm

3 goals, 1 assist, pass accuracy - 94%[left]

Die Borussen
Banned (Permanent)

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by stunt Wed Apr 11, 2012 11:16 pm

dnmac4 wrote:You guys do remember the thread earlier in the year where 80% of Madrid fans were killing Ronaldo after they lost to Barca at home and all of you were saying if Ronaldo doesn't score he's useless. Now that doesn't sound very "complete" to me.

Well, 80% of Madrid fans are stupid. Ronaldo has scored against Barca, has he not? I've only seen him have one truly bad game against Barca, he's had average ones and good ones. He plays well against any kind of oponent.

Just because some kids who were angry that their team lost tried to blame someone, it doesnt make them right. And does what some people said really matter to Ronaldo being complete or not?

stunt
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Omniscient Wed Apr 11, 2012 11:17 pm

He's certainly on the same level as Messi, but probably not as good.

I think some of his recent performances cements his place as a top 2 player, guys like Iniesta and Robben just aren't as good.

Omniscient
Starlet
Starlet

Club Supported : TSV 1860 Munich

Back to top Go down

Post by paperbackwriter Wed Apr 11, 2012 11:17 pm

I don't really get why anybody would argue that he's not the most complete. Seriously. I'm not with the bandwagon on him being better than Messi. What Messi does, he does so well that it sets him apart from everybody. But Ronaldo is a way more all around player. Good technique/dribbling, great finishing with both feet, great long shots, great freekicks, he's tall, he's a good header, he's a good crosser, good passer, decent vision.
paperbackwriter
paperbackwriter
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by paperbackwriter Wed Apr 11, 2012 11:19 pm

Albiceleste wrote:
You usually do. And when you don't, the press does. The messi bandwagon is far bigger than the Ronaldo one. That would be true, except your logic is flawed, how do you explain the 60+ pages of CR7 circle jerking over the two threads in the madrid section and general section, while Messi only has a couple pages of posts in his fanclub thread?

Search for Messi on this board:
322 hits

Search for Ronaldo on this board:
177 hits

Almost double the amount of threads, but your theory seems legit.

Last edited by paperbackwriter on Wed Apr 11, 2012 11:21 pm; edited 1 time in total
paperbackwriter
paperbackwriter
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by paperbackwriter Wed Apr 11, 2012 11:20 pm

And then we're not taking into account that the name "Ronaldo" could be used to create threads about a certain other well known player with that name.
paperbackwriter
paperbackwriter
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by Dnmac4 Wed Apr 11, 2012 11:21 pm

Jack Daniels wrote:
RealGunner wrote:He is the most complete, but not the best

In terms of goal scoring maybe.

I will continue to say this until it finally hits home with some of the people on this forum. People keep talking about how complete he is and that he is more complete then Messi and I'm just stunned by it.

Why does everyone just ignore that he plays no defense whatsoever? Madrid fans will tell you he is much better this year then years before at defending but better then awful is still not good.

In fact I have never seen Barca lose a game and then 80% of it's fan base kill Messi and say how he doesn't do anything unless he scores and are tired of watching him stand around. That has really happened on here this year, why does everyone have such short memories?

Plus Messi's vision and assist rate is miles ahead of Ronaldo as well.

Offensivley as a goal scorer Ronaldo is fantastic and can be the perfect weapon as he can score in so many different ways but then Messi has more goals in open play, so what does that say?

There is more to being complete then being a great offensive weapon which Ronaldo is, he is the second best player on earth by quite a margin but it just seems to me that people keep saying he's more complete then Messi and if you watch both of them it just doesn't prove out that way.

I'm not trying to kill Ronaldo as he's fantastic but I have seen too many games where he just mails it in on defense and misses cutters and open teammates because his vision is just not on par with Messi.
Dnmac4
Dnmac4
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by billionmillion Wed Apr 11, 2012 11:23 pm

So shooting hard means you are most complete? its just one skill: shooting the ball (free kicks, penlties, screamers = shooting). what else skills he has so we can call him complete player?

Anyway congratulations for hat-trick
billionmillion
billionmillion
Banned (Permanent)

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by stunt Wed Apr 11, 2012 11:24 pm

Albiceleste wrote:That would be true, except your logic is flawed, how do you explain the 60+ pages of CR7 circle jerking over the two threads in the madrid section and general section, while Messi only has a couple pages of posts in his fanclub thread?

Firstly, there (used to be) a huge amount of Madrid fans in this forum.

Secondly, the Ronaldo thread on the general forum has hardly taken itself seriously and is there just for fun, it has seen loads of posts from Barca fans aswell.

stunt
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Jack Daniels Wed Apr 11, 2012 11:24 pm

@Dnmac
Why qoute me? I never said he is the most complete player lol
Jack Daniels
Jack Daniels
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Beautiful Football Wed Apr 11, 2012 11:25 pm

Ronaldo is not complete footballer.he has powerful shot,not accuracy,he is good in the air,he has decent long shot(when you try 10000 shots in a season
some must go in..i think even torres can score few long shot goal from 1000 tries).if you play as a forward you have to be deadly in 1 on 1.Ronaldo is not.
He has better physical option as a forward.but he is far from complete footballer or even forward.He is not good passer,his decision making is not
great either,not the best team player,not world class dribbler.so many problem...lol

Last edited by Beautiful Football on Wed Apr 11, 2012 11:26 pm; edited 1 time in total

Beautiful Football
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by Jack Daniels Wed Apr 11, 2012 11:26 pm

Beautiful Football wrote:Ronaldo is not complete footballer.he has powerful shot,not accuracy,he is good in the air,he has decent long shot(when you try 10000 shots in a season
some must go in..i think even torres can score few long shot goal from 1000 tries).if you play as a forward you have to be deadly in 1 on 1.Ronaldo is not.
He has better physical option as a forward.but he is far from complete footballer or even forward.He is not good passer,his decision making is no
great either,not the best team player,not world class dribbler.so many problem...lol
Or you just hate him. lol
Jack Daniels
Jack Daniels
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by jibers Wed Apr 11, 2012 11:26 pm

Most complete? LOL laughable...
jibers
jibers
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by VanDeezNuts Wed Apr 11, 2012 11:28 pm

i disagree i think busquets is the most complete footballer- he can defend, play square balls, hes an olympic diver AND a hollywood actor.

VanDeezNuts
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : FC Basel

Back to top Go down

Post by paperbackwriter Wed Apr 11, 2012 11:29 pm

Beautiful Football wrote:Ronaldo is not complete footballer.he has powerful shot,not accuracy,he is good in the air,he has decent long shot(when you try 10000 shots in a season
He has better physical option as a forward.but he is far from complete footballer or even forward.He is not good passer,his decision making is not

Don't tell Torres, Chelsea fans wouldn't want him to get that idea.

Last edited by paperbackwriter on Wed Apr 11, 2012 11:30 pm; edited 1 time in total
paperbackwriter
paperbackwriter
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by Dnmac4 Wed Apr 11, 2012 11:29 pm

Jack Daniels wrote:@Dnmac

My bad, I was more bringing up the thread you quoted. I didn't mean anything I said towards you or anything I just saw you didn't think he was the most complete either so I quoted your entire post plus it was like right on top of where I was typing.
Dnmac4
Dnmac4
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr_Puyol Wed Apr 11, 2012 11:29 pm

Yaya is more complete.

Ronaldo is a great scorer.
Mr_Puyol
Mr_Puyol
Starlet
Starlet

Club Supported : Corinthians

Back to top Go down

Post by Beautiful Football Wed Apr 11, 2012 11:30 pm

Jack Daniels wrote:
He has better physical option as a forward.but he is far from complete footballer or even forward.He is not good passer,his decision making is no
Or you just hate him. lol
no i don't.no reason to hate him.

Beautiful Football
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by Jack Daniels Wed Apr 11, 2012 11:31 pm

dnmac4 wrote:
Jack Daniels wrote:@Dnmac

My bad, I was more bringing up the thread you quoted. I didn't mean anything I said towards you or anything I just saw you didn't think he was the most complete either so I quoted your entire post plus it was like right on top of where I was typing.
No worries man.. It's all good lol
Jack Daniels
Jack Daniels
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Die Borussen Wed Apr 11, 2012 11:33 pm

he is good looking too.. thats a big plus :coffee: courtois couldnt resist he was looking sekcR7 instead of the ball in the first goal :coffee:

Die Borussen
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by Le Samourai Wed Apr 11, 2012 11:34 pm

Look , I am no Ronaldo fan.

But this is the best game he has ever played in a Madrid shirt, It deserves a thread.But this one is just horribly titled.

Last edited by Le Samourai on Wed Apr 11, 2012 11:35 pm; edited 1 time in total
Le Samourai
Le Samourai
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Iceman Wed Apr 11, 2012 11:34 pm

Yes, but sometimes no
Iceman
Iceman
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 10 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next