johniet
Cotes
DeviAngel
8 posters

Go down

The redemption of Bonucci  Empty The redemption of Bonucci

Post by DeviAngel Thu Apr 12, 2012 12:25 am

The redemption of Bonucci  Bonucci-guns-490ai

As Leonardo Bonucci climbed highest to nod in Andrea Pirlo’s corner early in the second half at the Stadio Renzo Barbera on Saturday, it allowed Juventus to move into first place on the Serie A ladder and provided the zenith to a run of form which has offered the maligned defender a ticket to redemption.

Juve knew they needed a win in Palermo in order to overtake Milan and Bonucci alleviated Bianconeri nerves with his well-taken near-post header. More than the crucial goal, he was superb at the other end as he and cohorts Giorgio Chiellini and Andrea Barzagli cut-out nearly all of Palermo’s attacking thrusts. Bonucci’s five tackles were a team high, whilst his interceptions and use of the ball as he strode out of defence were also a feature.

Bonucci has recovered from a sending off at Bologna in early March which initially provided fuel for his doubters. Since his return the ex-Bari defender has looked the part, aiding Juve in their 523-minute streak without conceding a goal as they have played and defeated rivals Fiorentina, Inter and Napoli.

Before that red card, Bonucci’s performances ranged from superb to mediocre. His good work would be undone by nerves or a lack of concentration, causing needless errors to be committed. His wayward pass which gave Antonio Nocerino possession and Milan the lead in the huge February showdown elicited collective groans, as did the attempt to clear the ball on the line a week later against Chievo as they equalised – even if not entirely his fault. The detractors were in full voice even earlier as he struggled versus Napoli and Cagliari.

Signed from Bari for €15.5 million before the start of 2010-11, Bonucci showed promise but his baptism of fire alongside Chiellini came during a difficult campaign in Turin as Juve’s central defensive pair were exposed time and again by weaknesses out wide. The relationship between player and club could have been over after just one season.

Luciano Spalletti and Zenit St Petersburg lurked during the summer transfer window, but Antonio Conte thought Bonucci an essential part of his squad and the player also rejected the move. “I was approached by Zenit, but staying in Turin was always my preferred option. Last year I joined Juventus and a new project, and on the eve of a very important season, I would have regretted not being able to continue my contribution.” Now, the club have extended Bonucci’s contract until 2017, underlining his long-term importance.

This season Bonucci’s full range of abilities have been on show, notably his anticipation and reading of the play, as well as his tackling. He is comfortable with the ball, either utilising the central midfielders ahead of him or bringing the wide men into play with long, searching passes. Plus, his versatility aids Conte as he can be deployed in either a marking role in a two-man central defence or a free role in a three-man backline.

With Euro 2012 on the horizon, Bonucci – who featured in five qualifying matches and scored once – is playing himself into form at the right time. Being part of Serie A’s best defence alongside fellow Italian international teammates will help his cause in booking a spot for Poland and Ukraine. For now Bonucci – still only 24 – will look to continue down his current path, one he notes was helped by those who had faith. “I would like to thank all those who have believed in me, from the President to the Coach, including the directors and my teammates.”
DeviAngel
DeviAngel
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

The redemption of Bonucci  Empty Re: The redemption of Bonucci

Post by Cotes Thu Apr 12, 2012 4:12 am

Up BonBon...
I always had faith in him...
I notice no one even wants to comment in the thread but if it was a thread about who to buy for the defence or if Bonucci had messed up...it would be full of suggestions on who to buy or ready to crucify Bonucci...
Cotes
Cotes
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by johniet Thu Apr 12, 2012 5:47 am

against Palermo i saw Bonucci stopping Ilicic like a boss, if he keeps this lvl of concentration he can become a great player, before he used to throw to the stands the long balls now he is more accurate, and he has not made any of his supid mistakes the last matches
johniet
johniet
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by Lynx100 Thu Apr 12, 2012 5:49 am

I am one of, if not the, biggest bonucci critic here

Even I have to admit, hes done well lately.

I still dont believe he deserves his contract renewal just yet. He needs to prove to be consistent to deserve that so early.

But saying that, Im impressed with his improvement. Hes doing well.
Lynx100
Lynx100
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Cotes Thu Apr 12, 2012 6:47 am

Lynx100 wrote:I am one of, if not the, biggest bonucci critic here

I still dont believe he deserves his contract renewal just yet. He needs to prove to be consistent to deserve that so early.

No man...U THE BIGGEST CRITIC.[FULLSTOP]
Cotes
Cotes
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Lynx100 Thu Apr 12, 2012 8:01 am

Cotes wrote:
Lynx100 wrote:

thats exactly what i said ?? well done for repeating it.

you sound you have a problem with me - want to say something to me directly?
Lynx100
Lynx100
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by The_ItalianFool Thu Apr 12, 2012 8:17 am

Lynx100 wrote:
Cotes wrote:
Lynx100 wrote:

He was emphasizing the "the," whereas you said you might be by using "if not." So in essence, he wasn't just repeating, he was clarifying 🎅

We should add Pepe to this thread with that goal of his Very Happy
The_ItalianFool
The_ItalianFool
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Cotes Thu Apr 12, 2012 8:44 am

Lynx100 wrote:
Cotes wrote:
Lynx100 wrote:

U said one of the biggest BONUCCI critics...
I'm saying...U the biggest critic here...not just of Bonucci but every player & Conte...
& I don't have a problem with u...I have a proble, when u talk about some of the players as if u think this is Fifa...
U don't just put a player in a different squad/league & get instant result...
The players got to adopt...so when u gonna criticise Bonucci saying we should sign Hummels who is not proven in Serie A or Europe for that matter seeing how Dortmund crashed & burn in this season's UCL...
He could turn out to be twice as bad as Bonucci...
Cotes
Cotes
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Lynx100 Thu Apr 12, 2012 8:58 am

Oh is that a fact? Show me why Im the biggest critic of Juventus and every player?? Before you talk our your ass as usual, please show me where I have criticsed:

Buffon, Barzagli, Chiellini, Lichsteiner, Caceras, Vidal, Pirlo, Quagliarella, Matri...???????????
please go on - put your money where your mouth is

Players I will continue to say are NOT WORTHY OF JUVE are
Boriello and Padoin
Giaccherini, Pepe, Bonucci are average

If i think a player is shit, i say a player is shit. Regardles of whether theyre a Juve player or not. Ive been following this game and team a lot longer than youve been alive. Dont talk to me about understanding football. Ive played age-group National football for my country as a U-17 as well so I understand how football is played professionally on the pitch.

As for hummels - Ive watched a LOT of him given that Im a big Dortmund fan. want to debate statistics, form, international achievements and career achievements of Hummels vs Bonucci?? Would be glad to if you want to discuss that... please say yes

Go on - show me Im the biggest critic - just because i call a spade a spade??
If im a critic, then you are blind
Lynx100
Lynx100
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by The_ItalianFool Thu Apr 12, 2012 9:06 am

Lynx100 wrote:Oh is that a fact? Show me why Im the biggest critic of Juventus and every player?? Before you talk our your ass as usual, please show me where I have criticsed:

Buffon, Barzagli, Chiellini, Lichsteiner, Caceras, Vidal, Pirlo, Quagliarella, Matri...???????????
please go on - put your money where your mouth is

Players I will continue to say are NOT WORTHY OF JUVE are
Boriello and Padoin
Giaccherini, Pepe, Bonucci are average

If i think a player is shit, i say a player is shit. Regardles of whether theyre a Juve player or not. Ive been following this game and team a lot longer than youve been alive. Dont talk to me about understanding football. Ive played age-group National football for my country as a U-17 as well so I understand how football is played professionally on the pitch.

As for hummels - Ive watched a LOT of him given that Im a big Dortmund fan. want to debate statistics, form, international achievements and career achievements of Hummels vs Bonucci?? Would be glad to if you want to discuss that... please say yes

Go on - show me Im the biggest critic - just because i call a spade a spade??
If im a critic, then you are blind

You seriously think you aren't a critic?

Maybe not of the whole team, but you are definitely the most outspoken posters on this forum.
The_ItalianFool
The_ItalianFool
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by S Thu Apr 12, 2012 9:10 am

lol guys.Calm down..Dont remind of those old times on here :facepalm:

And Lynx i think you need to take a chill pill buddy.

They say with age the ego gets bigger :coffee:
S
S
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by Lynx100 Thu Apr 12, 2012 9:13 am

I call it as I see it.

(EDITED to meet The Italian FOOLS approval. For the full verson of my "rant" please see his post below where he has quoted by original post)

Last edited by Lynx100 on Thu Apr 12, 2012 9:59 am; edited 1 time in total
Lynx100
Lynx100
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Lynx100 Thu Apr 12, 2012 9:18 am

Surag wrote:lol guys.Calm down..Dont remind of those old times on here :facepalm:

And Lynx i think you need to take a chill pill buddy.

They say with age the ego gets bigger :coffee:

Thank you for your input. Its been extremely useful.
Lynx100
Lynx100
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by The_ItalianFool Thu Apr 12, 2012 9:46 am

Lynx100 wrote:I criticise those I think are rubbish. I complement those that that are playing well

Ill even give you an example -- e.g: I repeatedly complemented Pepe for the first half of the season, and readily admitted that I didnt want him signed when he first was bought after his loan and that he was proven me wrong. Then when he lost his form, I said, that he hasnt got the raw natural talent to fall back so he should be benched.

Im not afraid of voicing my opinion or trying to stay on the side of popular opinion because Im not here to win friends or get a job. Im here to frankly, honestly and openly discuss all things Juventus. Agreeing to disagree is a perfectly acceptable thing and I dont think people here are mature enough sometimes to understand that concept.

I dont agree with a lot of things people say here but I dont go criticising them for their opinion of say that 'I really hate your comments' to people like you friend Coates here does.

I call it as I see it. Nothing more. Nothing less. I dont sugar coat things. I say when Im right. I readily admit when Im wrong. Im as transparent as they come.

Enough with the rants they dont change anything. Do you know the definition of critic is?Here, let me show you... http://lmgtfy.com/?q=what+is+the+definition+of+critic%3F

Back on topic, although bonucci is known for the random stupid error, this is something he can grow out of considering he is only 23. Besides the once in awhile f*ck up, he has the skills to be top class.
The_ItalianFool
The_ItalianFool
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Lynx100 Thu Apr 12, 2012 9:57 am

what a thoughtful post. Thank you for educating me. So if youve taught me correctly - a Critic is someone who expresses an unfavourable opinion on something? And the problem with that is? Because its saying something bad about a Juventus player?? GOD FORBID!!

Bonucci is going ot be 25 in a few weeks. Not 23.

Yes he can be an excellent player. But he isnt yet. Hes a good player who has been VERY error prone. I agree that we shouldnt sell him and we should show faith in him - absolutely. But I dont agree that he deserves an extra 2 years on his contract right now. He also doesnt deserve to start over Barzagli and Chiellini if they are fit and well and we are playing a 2 man defense.
Lynx100
Lynx100
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Lynx100 Thu Apr 12, 2012 9:58 am

Also let me amend my 'rants' for you.

Ill edit the post so its not too much for you to read. Hope its to your approval.
Lynx100
Lynx100
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by The_ItalianFool Thu Apr 12, 2012 10:00 am

Lynx100 wrote:what a thoughtful post. Thank you for educating me. So if youve taught me correctly - a Critic is someone who expresses an unfavourable opinion on something? And the problem with that is? Because its saying something bad about a Juventus player?? GOD FORBID!!

Bonucci is going ot be 25 in a few weeks. Not 23.

All this bantering started because you didnt think of yourself as a critic, so I thought I'd solve that Smile and sorry, youre right he is 24 not 23, either way, young for an italian player, let alone defender.

Yes he can be an excellent player. But he isnt yet. Hes a good player who has been VERY error prone. I agree that we shouldnt sell him and we should show faith in him - absolutely. But I dont agree that he deserves an extra 2 years on his contract right now. He also doesnt deserve to start over Barzagli and Chiellini if they are fit and well and we are playing a 2 man defense.

If he is going to provide a goal once in awhile and let up one once in awhile, it begins to even out. The playing time will only help Bonucci, while if anything it will harm Barz in terms of him aging.

Im not the biggest Bonucci fan, but I see the potential so if Conte thinks he can develop him, then :bow: Conte
The_ItalianFool
The_ItalianFool
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Lynx100 Thu Apr 12, 2012 10:03 am

Oh you solved the bantering? I was responding to Coates's comment of :

"I'm saying...U the biggest critic here...not just of Bonucci but every player & Conte..."

So before you claim to solve the bantering - please show me why im the biggest CRITIC of every other player please??
Lynx100
Lynx100
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by The_ItalianFool Thu Apr 12, 2012 10:06 am

Lynx100 wrote:Oh you solved the bantering? I was responding to Coates's comment of :

"I'm saying...U the biggest critic here...not just of Bonucci but every player & Conte..."

So before you claim to solve the bantering - please show me why im the biggest CRITIC of every other player please??

Well I already conceded that its not for every player, but you are hands down the biggest critic in terms of making a scene about it....
The_ItalianFool
The_ItalianFool
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Lynx100 Thu Apr 12, 2012 10:08 am

i didnt realise my opinion was seen as 'making a scene'. I guess I make quite the impression.

Lynx100
Lynx100
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by The_ItalianFool Thu Apr 12, 2012 10:14 am

Lynx100 wrote:I call it as I see it.

(EDITED to meet The Italian FOOLS approval. For the full verson of my "rant" please see his post below where he has quoted by original post)

Approved Wink
The_ItalianFool
The_ItalianFool
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by lucianomoggi Thu Apr 12, 2012 12:27 pm

I think many people forget about BONNUCI height and they expect him to tackle like CANNAVARO what is up to BARZAGLI

talking about BONNUCI he can be compared with players of his height what all of them made lots of mistakes but they were good on the air

lucianomoggi
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by Mp4krJuventino Thu Apr 12, 2012 1:07 pm

I have always been a lover of Bonbon. Even through his rough patches I knew he'd come back better. In my opinion this guy has the potential to be the best in the world in his position. Amazing tackler,great vision,great passing and great with the ball at his feet. He has it all. If he can stay concentrated he will be the best.

Mp4krJuventino
Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down