Rossoneri Ninja
uzonero
izzy
Babun
Albiceleste
26 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Real Madrid to buy Neymar for near 45 million euros Empty Real Madrid to buy Neymar for near 45 million euros

Post by Albiceleste Wed 22 Jun 2011, 11:30

http://www.marca.com/2011/06/22/futbol/equipos/real_madrid/1308720996.html

discuss. :coffee:

Albiceleste
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Dinamo Zagreb

Back to top Go down

Real Madrid to buy Neymar for near 45 million euros Empty Re: Real Madrid to buy Neymar for near 45 million euros

Post by Babun Wed 22 Jun 2011, 11:33

Marca writes BS Very Happy They make up most of the things. If you want something real, we signed Varane most probably Very Happy
Babun
Babun
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Real Madrid to buy Neymar for near 45 million euros Empty Re: Real Madrid to buy Neymar for near 45 million euros

Post by izzy Wed 22 Jun 2011, 11:36

Why is it that every transfer RUMOUR must be taken seriously as if it is fact?

Serious question.
izzy
izzy
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Marseille

Back to top Go down

Post by uzonero Wed 22 Jun 2011, 11:37

This is definitely BS
uzonero
uzonero
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by Rossoneri Ninja Wed 22 Jun 2011, 11:47

1 question ..

Why?
Rossoneri Ninja
Rossoneri Ninja
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Albiceleste Wed 22 Jun 2011, 11:49

izzy26 wrote:Why is it that every transfer RUMOUR must be taken seriously as if it is fact?

Serious question.
Who said it was fact? I just wanted to see what people thought if Madrid did buy Neymar, is that such a crime?

Last edited by Lionel Messi on Wed 22 Jun 2011, 12:05; edited 1 time in total

Albiceleste
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Guiltybystander Wed 22 Jun 2011, 11:54

I don't want Neymar, we have enough quality in his position and he is unproven.

Why would we pay 50 million for a player we didn't want years ago after a brief stint?

But alas, it will probably happen. Him or Kun. Urgh. SOMEONE SHOULD CHASE AWAY PEREZ!
Guiltybystander
Guiltybystander
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : wisla krakow

Back to top Go down

Post by izzy Wed 22 Jun 2011, 11:58

Lionel Messi wrote:Who said it was fact? I just wanted to see what people thought if Madrid did by Neymar, is that such a crime?

That..................................................... makes no sense.

This subject has been discussed several times and it's always the same paper reporting it.
izzy
izzy
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Marseille

Back to top Go down

Post by teamanarchy Wed 22 Jun 2011, 12:18

Apparently, we're on the verge of signing Varane, Aguero and Neymar...
We cannot have 4 strikers of such repute.
Each player (HIguain, Aguero, Benzema and Neymar) are good enough to start at any team in the world. Our formation accomadates for one CF. Sure, aech can move wide. But then add Ronaldo, Ozil, Di Maria and even Kaka to the line of competition!

It all creates one humungous selection headache! And, I'm just talking about my manager mode on FIFA 12... think about the stroke Jose Mourinho will have when he finds out that these guys are all coming to the club...

Also, all three of those players will be costing Perez about 100m.
Now, we've done it before... but don't see him handing out that kind of money again...
One of the three is legit, I don't doubt it. Maybe even 2 if you call Varane a given. But for all three to happen is unlikely, and to be frank, absolute madness
teamanarchy
teamanarchy
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

https://www.facebook.com/#!/ks16152913

Back to top Go down

Post by Guiltybystander Wed 22 Jun 2011, 12:24

I agree, it is almost a disgrace to have a bench that could still win the Champions League... They are wasting the careers of these guys and making it unfair for other teams. I am NOT amused. I can't really recall a team in history having such a ludicrous bench as we have now.
Guiltybystander
Guiltybystander
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by teamanarchy Wed 22 Jun 2011, 12:32

Look... this is the only way we'll ever beat Barca though... to have a squad that can deal with an injury by replacing the injured player (like Higuain this year) with one that is capable of filling his boots.
Suspensions also come into play.
That's how we will beat Barca...
I mean, I doubt these rumours are true, and the players on our bench atm realise that they're time will come
teamanarchy
teamanarchy
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Guiltybystander Wed 22 Jun 2011, 12:39

Not necessarily - all the great teams in history have had a clear starting 11 and not that much of a bench. Think of Ajax reign in the 90ies, Barcelona now etc. A team is much more effective imo, when you have the same line-up as often as possible and less competition between players.

I know this hasn't been the Madrid-way for a long time now, but I don't think we can fully expect to become dominant again if we continue replacing every semi-weak link without giving any time for development to our squads. I also don't think it is all that honourable to win prizes if we are going to buy another 100 million worth of players this season.

We'll waste our legacy to be one of those Mourinho grab-bag teams that wins everything and then collapses after he leaves.

I am pretty disappointed. I truly expected us to just buy Sahin and maybe some other very young talents this time around.
Guiltybystander
Guiltybystander
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by uzonero Wed 22 Jun 2011, 12:40

Killing a player's potential and confidence by keeping him on the bench isn't the way to go

to beat barca, you'd only need to have a good enough starting XI and adequate subs, not an entire team on the bench
uzonero
uzonero
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by teamanarchy Wed 22 Jun 2011, 13:21

Here's the thing.
Every team that has won titles on a set starting XI have been very blessed with injuries.
I think the injury to Puyol this year was the longest injury Barca has had to deal with for a very long time (save Milito)....
Have you noticed Barca rarely suffers injuries to key players.
At madrid, very different story. This year- Kaka, Higuain, Gago
Last year- Ronaldo, Kaka, Raul, VDV
2009- Van Nistelrooy, Diarra, DE LA RED!!!!!!!!!

That's why Madrid is overcompensating!

Sure, this level of cover is unneccessary, but that's what I guess the plan is.

Do you think Inter would've won the CL with the ammount of injuries they sustained this year?
Imagine Xavi/Messi were injured for a number of months, would Barca have won this year, or in 2009?
Sideline Ronaldo for 6 months in 2008...
Or Kaka in 2007...

Fitness of players and/or a deep squad is what wins campaigns, in conjunction with coaching brilliance, team chemistry and all the transparent factors.
No team that suffers severe injuries EVER wins anything significant...
Ask Arsenal fans...
teamanarchy
teamanarchy
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Sushi Master Wed 22 Jun 2011, 13:33

If your team can withstand injuries with a subpar bench, they you simply have better chemistry, hard working players, a good fitness staff or blind luck. And you can't rely on blind luck.

Arsenal is an extreme example because they have as chief medical staff: Freddy Kruger, Jason Voorhes and Jigsaw.
Sushi Master
Sushi Master
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Chelsea

Back to top Go down

Post by Guiltybystander Wed 22 Jun 2011, 13:36

There is some ground between a subpar bench and having former Ballon D'or winners wasting away the end of their careers on the bench.

And you aren't increasing chemistry by selling players like Higuain and Benzema (or benching them) in favour of players of comparable quality.
Guiltybystander
Guiltybystander
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by teamanarchy Wed 22 Jun 2011, 13:51

Look, I'm not trying to justify these moves...
I'm saying that
a) Are we even sure that what is being reported is really happening
and more importantly b) This current Barcelona team is amongst the greatest football teams EVER. A team that rivals even our team of the late 50s and early 60s.

This Barcelona team is going to take A LOT to beat. Last year, we were 5-0 winners in a CL semi-final. WE scored close to 100 goals in the league and talied a very respectable amount of points. In fact, the team lost only a handfull of games and drew just as little in ALL competitions.

At any other period of time, this Real Madrid team could easilly have won the treble.
Our starting line-up is packed with world-class players. Our coach is probably the best in the world.

BUT, at the end of the day, in every competition we play, we have to go through barcelona to reach silverware. And at present, despite the sheer quality of our team, this is not hapening (for the most part.
So... if you are looking at this from a management perspective... How do we overcome this hurdle. There are 2 clear options in my mind:
Option 1: Build a World-class squad- Any injury/suspension or similair situation that can potentially harm the teams ability to play at it's best will be treated by a player of similair quality seamlessly being transitioned into the starting line-up.
ie. World-class cover for each and every position.

Option 2: Mimic Barcelona- Create a system of football that is "unbeatable" or as close to unbeatable as possible. From u9 level upwards, every player/manager/coach must eat, breath and sleep "the system". Eventually this filters through to first team level and the squad is near unstoppable.

OK, so here's the 411:
Option 1 is about a 5-year process
Option 2 is about a 20-year process.

Real Madrid is a club that is known for many things... patience is not one of those things. From the fans, right through to the board of directors.

And bear in mind, neither process necessarilly guarantees results.
teamanarchy
teamanarchy
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by xabi Wed 22 Jun 2011, 14:23

pls no neymar Sad It will be a total FLOP.
xabi
xabi
Banned (Permanent)

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by EarlyPrototype Wed 22 Jun 2011, 14:30

Neymar is probably the biggest talent in the world that has the most potential. He will probably be a Fifa Ballon D'or contender in the future, but I really am not sure we need this guy especially if we change to a 433 where the number of forward on the pitch will be decreased by one.
EarlyPrototype
EarlyPrototype
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by TheRedStag Wed 22 Jun 2011, 14:41

Not sure I believe this. Sure he is an extremely talented young footballer, but 45m for someone who hasn't proved himself outside Brazil seems way too steep.
TheRedStag
TheRedStag
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by Doc Wed 22 Jun 2011, 15:30

One club that certainly doesn't need Neymar is Real Madrid but I would really butt hurt if the club passes up such an opportunity to sign him.
Doc
Doc
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by hrealmadrid Wed 22 Jun 2011, 15:32

We didn't sign Ribery when we had the chance even though he came out and said he wanted Madrid. Still don't know how I would feel about this.
hrealmadrid
hrealmadrid
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Guiltybystander Wed 22 Jun 2011, 15:34

I mean, we don't need him, he is expensive, are we just going to buy him so that no one else can?

Ridiculous.
Guiltybystander
Guiltybystander
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Albiceleste Wed 22 Jun 2011, 21:31

Guiltybystander wrote:Not necessarily - all the great teams in history have had a clear starting 11 and not that much of a bench. Think of Ajax reign in the 90ies, Barcelona now etc. A team is much more effective imo, when you have the same line-up as often as possible and less competition between players.

I know this hasn't been the Madrid-way for a long time now, but I don't think we can fully expect to become dominant again if we continue replacing every semi-weak link without giving any time for development to our squads. I also don't think it is all that honourable to win prizes if we are going to buy another 100 million worth of players this season.

We'll waste our legacy to be one of those Mourinho grab-bag teams that wins everything and then collapses after he leaves.

I am pretty disappointed. I truly expected us to just buy Sahin and maybe some other very young talents this time around.
I agree,this makes it much easier for the team to gel which has been the excuse many times

Albiceleste
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Ganso Wed 22 Jun 2011, 21:34

bs hes not going anywhere
Ganso
Ganso
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum