rwo power
Zealous
aford92
VanDeezNuts
Raptorgunner
34 posters

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Wenger: Ban divers for three games - Page 2 Empty Re: Wenger: Ban divers for three games

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Mon Apr 16, 2012 4:12 pm

Raptorgunner wrote:Wenger: Ban divers for three games - Page 2 Illusionist

I prefer this one eco smile

Wenger: Ban divers for three games - Page 2 L1V6p

eco smile

Seriously tho, Wenger is right but would the FA have the balls to ban the big team players like Young?

I have doubts but if this were to happen, Young would never play 2 games in a row again :lol!:

Zeal the refs cant do everything lol, they need help goal line technology is one thing that needs to come in and the big federations need to be banning people for acts that are deserving of bans.

None of this the ref dealt with so he cant be punished BS and do i need to mention the Spanish federation lol?

Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Wenger: Ban divers for three games - Page 2 Empty Re: Wenger: Ban divers for three games

Post by Mr. Festim Mon Apr 16, 2012 4:18 pm

Give more yellow card to players who dive during the game
Mr. Festim
Mr. Festim
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by che Mon Apr 16, 2012 4:18 pm

paperbackwriter wrote:

Take this "dive" for example (check the angle from 30 s and onwards):

How can you judge if the contact made Ronaldo loose his balance or not? It's impossible even with video "evidence".

apply basic law standards... would a reasonable/average person have fallen after that contact? probably not

The Franchise wrote:Not going to work.

Only a matter of time before someone gets banned for 3 games when they didnt dive, rather they fell but it wasnt really a foul.

that's a good thing tbh, at least it would discourage players from throwing themselves down looking for a penalty if they knew they could get punished for exaggerating... this pussified doctrine where contact = fall = foul needs to stop

however, this all goes hand in hand with video technology, as these days it's pretty much impossible to get a foul called for you if you don't fall

also on a related note, PLEASE for the love of god make people who need the play stopped because they fake injuries spend at least a minute on the sidelines... 3 if the medical team needs to come on
che
che
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Benfica

Back to top Go down

Post by lenear1030 Mon Apr 16, 2012 4:23 pm

this wouldn't be necessary if the players were honorable.

*looks at busquets*
lenear1030
lenear1030
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by VanDeezNuts Mon Apr 16, 2012 4:31 pm

The Franchise wrote:
Raptorgunner wrote:
The Franchise wrote:Not going to work.

Only a matter of time before someone gets banned for 3 games when they didnt dive, rather they fell but it wasnt really a foul.

I would rather diving go unpunished in terms of bans/cards than someone get punished when they didnt actually dive.

Look at Ashely young 2 games he dives and gets 2 penalties and one red card. Clubber

Both teams are fighting for their EPL survival and Ashely breaks their :vagi: hearts.

I understand and its wrong, I dont like it myself.

But what about a less obvious dive, maybe one which its hard to tell?

The team who lost out to that dive, their coach is going to say, hold on a minutes, this guy dived and is getting away with it.

The other coach would say, it wasnt a dive.

And back and forth and nobody gets anywhere.

Sure, blatant dives I understand but there arent many of them. I mean even Young's one vs Villa, there was some contact and you can bet your ass Fergie is going to point that out if someone tries to ban Young for that dive.

thats why wenger said "obvious" dives, sometimes it looks like a dive when someone just loses their balance, so this would probably not be punished

dives that would fall under obvious are ones with no contact.

VanDeezNuts
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : FC Basel

Back to top Go down

Post by Lex Mon Apr 16, 2012 4:34 pm

Look, we're not idiots. Looking at a replay, it's obvious to everyone with an IQ higher than that of a kitchen sponge whether a push/tug/contact would bowl someone over. You don't swandive onto the ground the way Young did from the absolute minimal contact he received
Lex
Lex
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Valencia

Back to top Go down

Post by urbaNRoots Mon Apr 16, 2012 4:35 pm

If the referees make a mistake for giving a pen that actually was a dive, at the very least ban the diver for the next 3 or 5 games afterwards.

Why should cheaters go unpunished? They are encouraged to make another dive the next game and another one the next time.
urbaNRoots
urbaNRoots
First of his name

Back to top Go down

Post by Neutral Mon Apr 16, 2012 4:42 pm

deciding whether or not a player is guilty of diving is a better problem to deal with than the retards who get away with diving week in week out.

Neutral
Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by II Capitano Mon Apr 16, 2012 4:46 pm

Banning people is probably the right way to go, but there's a fine margin between what is a dive and what isn't. Personally, I think referees should review incidents after a game. So if player x dived in a match, he can be rightfully punished with a one-game ban, it shouldn't be anything more than that, in my opinion. It would be stupid if you were to follow Stan Collymore's theory and hand out red cards to what you think is diving in a game, as you might get the decision wrong, it's that difficult. More importantly, FIFA have never really discussed what they are going to implement to at least reduce diving. It's not like goal-line technology where it seriously effects the game... You're wrong, it is, it has the same amount of impact. FIFA need to provide us with a definition of what a dive is and introduce some sort of rule to limit it, at least.
II Capitano
II Capitano
Starlet
Starlet

Club Supported : Marseille

Back to top Go down

Post by Zealous Mon Apr 16, 2012 4:51 pm

Most people were convinced the ball didn't cross the line yesterday against Spuds.

Wenger: Ban divers for three games - Page 2 580313_334741699914304_138589062862903_840290_747440614_n

Things that seem obvious can sometimes deceive you. The ref has the best angle 90% of the time. They are the ones who have to make sure that they make the right decision.
Zealous
Zealous
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by che Mon Apr 16, 2012 4:53 pm

that's over the line... the foot of assou ekoto or whoever that is doesn't reach the line, and the ball's beyond it...
che
che
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Mon Apr 16, 2012 4:54 pm

II Capitano wrote:Banning people is probably the right way to go, but there's a fine margin between what is a dive and what isn't. Personally, I think referees should review incidents after a game. So if player x dived in a match, he can be rightfully punished with a one-game ban, it shouldn't be anything more than that, in my opinion. It would be stupid if you were to follow Stan Collymore's theory and hand out red cards to what you think is diving in a game, as you might get the decision wrong, it's that difficult. More importantly, FIFA have never really discussed what they are going to implement to at least reduce diving. It's not like goal-line technology where it seriously effects the game... You're wrong, it is, it has the same amount of impact. FIFA need to provide us with a definition of what a dive is and introduce some sort of rule to limit it, at least.

I dont think anyone is asking for red cards handed out, more that divers should be punished retrospectively.

I also agree with you that some people dont seem to understand the difference between exeggarating contact and diving theres quite a difference.

Anyway i'd like to see divers banned retrospectively as at the end of the day its cheating and should be punished.

No point handing red cards at random as the ref could easily get it wrong but i see no issue with banning them retrospectively after it has been looked at by a panel from different angles.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG

Back to top Go down

Post by boss Mon Apr 16, 2012 4:54 pm

Kudos to Wenger n Raptor Wink 4sure (openning thread) ...I really hate diving..simulating n Unfair play ... that's j 4shame n definitelly everyone who make it should be banned ....RefereeS also if ... ! u know...

boss
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by II Capitano Mon Apr 16, 2012 4:54 pm

No, that angle is deceiving, the ball didn't cross the line...
II Capitano
II Capitano
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Mon Apr 16, 2012 4:54 pm

wait, i thought Il Capitano was tmo's double account?
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by EarlyPrototype Mon Apr 16, 2012 4:57 pm

Zealous where did you get that picture from?

I am 99% sure from yesterday's replays the ball didn't cross the line.
EarlyPrototype
EarlyPrototype
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by che Mon Apr 16, 2012 4:58 pm

Wenger: Ban divers for three games - Page 2 58031310

deceiving my ass, that's over the line, period
che
che
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by II Capitano Mon Apr 16, 2012 4:59 pm

Great Leader Sprucenuce wrote:
II Capitano wrote:Banning people is probably the right way to go, but there's a fine margin between what is a dive and what isn't. Personally, I think referees should review incidents after a game. So if player x dived in a match, he can be rightfully punished with a one-game ban, it shouldn't be anything more than that, in my opinion. It would be stupid if you were to follow Stan Collymore's theory and hand out red cards to what you think is diving in a game, as you might get the decision wrong, it's that difficult. More importantly, FIFA have never really discussed what they are going to implement to at least reduce diving. It's not like goal-line technology where it seriously effects the game... You're wrong, it is, it has the same amount of impact. FIFA need to provide us with a definition of what a dive is and introduce some sort of rule to limit it, at least.

I dont think anyone is asking for red cards handed out, more that divers should be punished retrospectively.

I also agree with you that some people dont seem to understand the difference between exeggarating contact and diving theres quite a difference.

Anyway i'd like to see divers banned retrospectively as at the end of the day its cheating and should be punished.

No point handing red cards at random as the ref could easily get it wrong but i see no issue with banning them retrospectively after it has been looked at by a panel from different angles.

I've heard quite a few suggest this idea, which is fair enough, but in theory -- rather than principle -- it wouldn't work long term wise, as you can easily make the wrong decisions. We all make mistakes and the referees are not different.

Exactly. The two definitions of a dive should be a) fall down with no contact and b) falling down with contact, however, the contact received isn't enough to make a player go down. For instance, apply b) to Drogba, who is quite a physical figure in today's game. A slight touch isn't going to take him down. This has to be addressed.

I agree with the last two paragraphs. That's what we all want. To be honest, without taking the piss, if it's one of your players diving, some of us tend to overlook the situation, but if it's another player we criticise them severely and start criticising their team. For instance, Young got a lot of stick yesterday and rightly so, most Manchester United fans were livid with what he did again, he was always a diver for Aston Villa. But then you have Arsenal fans who start bashing into not only Young, which is fair enough, but Manchester United. It's laughable because every team has its fair share of divers.
II Capitano
II Capitano
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by II Capitano Mon Apr 16, 2012 5:02 pm

che wrote:Wenger: Ban divers for three games - Page 2 58031310

Are you an idiot? Look at this image: http://twitpic.com/9a92oh

And replays showed that it wasn't in.
II Capitano
II Capitano
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by che Mon Apr 16, 2012 5:03 pm

that's clearly a picture taken at a different time, look at the position of the ball in relation to ekoto's feet

and i'm the idiot... :facepalm:
che
che
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by II Capitano Mon Apr 16, 2012 5:04 pm

che wrote:that's clearly a picture taken at a different time, look at the position of the ball in relation to ekoto's feet

and i'm the idiot... :facepalm:

Ok you are right and the tv angles shown, no pictures, are wrong. You smart cookie, you.
II Capitano
II Capitano
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by Abramovich Mon Apr 16, 2012 5:05 pm

II Capitano wrote:

Laff my arse off haggis

Wenger: Ban divers for three games - Page 2 Tumblr_m2jfczADoT1r0kyzeo1_250
Abramovich
Abramovich
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Napoli

Back to top Go down

Post by che Mon Apr 16, 2012 5:07 pm

II Capitano wrote:

Ok you are right and the tv angles shown, no pictures, are wrong. You smart cookie, you.

what the *bleep* are you talking about?

you posted a picture from a clearly different frame, either before or after the ball hits ekoto's feet, how exactly does that prove me wrong?

look at the goalline in my picture, ekoto's foot is CLEARLY behind it, and his foot is obstructing the view of the ball from this position = ball is even further behind the goalline
che
che
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by EarlyPrototype Mon Apr 16, 2012 5:11 pm

Watch this guys....

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1146226-chelsea-vs-tottenham-video-watch-controversial-goal-from-fa-cup-clash
EarlyPrototype
EarlyPrototype
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by che Mon Apr 16, 2012 5:13 pm

0:06 - ekoto's foot just above the line, ball slightly behind it

plus it's an even worse angle than the first picture
che
che
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Die Borussen Mon Apr 16, 2012 5:31 pm

II Capitano wrote:

LMAO trying to prove the ball didnt pass the line with a PHOTO! capitano :facepalm:

anyway its not that much clear but it looks like it passed the line judgine by the photo 99,9%

Die Borussen
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next