Joe Hart's interesting comment about using Reflex than Anticipation against Top strikers

+14
rwo power
Zealous
Adrian0911
the xcx
VanDeezNuts
Guliver90
The Messiah
Sushi Master
Mr Nick09
Le Samourai
Brady2Moss
Great Leader Sprucenuce
EarlyPrototype
Adit
18 posters

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Joe Hart's interesting comment about using Reflex than Anticipation against Top strikers Empty Joe Hart's interesting comment about using Reflex than Anticipation against Top strikers

Post by Adit Sun Apr 22, 2012 6:44 pm

http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/11095/7692133/

Joe Hart insists he is determined to become the best goalkeeper in the world and is learning from Real Madrid captain Iker Casillas.

The Manchester City and England shot-stopper, who has kept 20 clean sheets this season, admits he is adapting his game in order to move up to another level.

And the 25-year-old believes that he can emulate Spain's World Cup-winning keeper by starting to keep his focus for the full 90 minutes.

The 6ft 4in goalkeeper, who is one of six nominees for the PFA Player of the Year, feels he needs to get away from the traditional English approach of rushing out to oncoming strikers to force them to shoot.

"I'm trying to work out exactly how Casillas manages to react to what the forward does, instead of trying to force the striker into a decision, like I have done until now," Hart told The Mail on Sunday.

"It's better doing it his way, using your reflexes rather than trying to anticipate what is going to happen. I'm working on it - it's something I need to learn.

"In our league you know the forward will favour power over placement, so you can make yourself big and be fairly sure that he's going to shoot where you are covering.

"But more and more I'm coming across different strikers or styles of play that require just what Casillas has; quick decision-making and quick reflexes."
Adit
Adit
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Borussia Mönchengladbach

http://www.realmadridfootballblog.com

Back to top Go down

Joe Hart's interesting comment about using Reflex than Anticipation against Top strikers Empty Re: Joe Hart's interesting comment about using Reflex than Anticipation against Top strikers

Post by EarlyPrototype Sun Apr 22, 2012 6:57 pm

Joe Hart is smart he is learning from the best of the best.
EarlyPrototype
EarlyPrototype
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Joe Hart's interesting comment about using Reflex than Anticipation against Top strikers Empty Re: Joe Hart's interesting comment about using Reflex than Anticipation against Top strikers

Post by Guest Sun Apr 22, 2012 6:58 pm

Knew there was a reason I always liked this kid

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Sun Apr 22, 2012 6:59 pm

EarlyPrototype wrote:Joe Hart is smart he is learning from the best of the best.

I dont see no comments about Buffon in there scratch

None the less Hart can speak how much he wants, but Krul has been better than him this season.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG

Back to top Go down

Post by Brady2Moss Sun Apr 22, 2012 7:00 pm

maybe he can teach Valdes how to do it too. :facepalm:

Brady2Moss
Starlet
Starlet

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by Adit Sun Apr 22, 2012 7:03 pm

Brady2Moss wrote:maybe he can teach Valdes how to do it too. :facepalm:
Valdes relays on anticipation,it has its own good and bad.

Anticipation is good against average players but WC players will read your move.
Adit
Adit
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Borussia Mönchengladbach

http://www.realmadridfootballblog.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Le Samourai Sun Apr 22, 2012 7:05 pm

Right, well he's learning from the best in terms of a certain aspect of keeping.

If he wanted to improve his ability to catch crosses he might as well learn from Buffon.
Le Samourai
Le Samourai
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by EarlyPrototype Sun Apr 22, 2012 7:06 pm

Brady2Moss wrote:maybe he can teach Valdes how to do it too. :facepalm:

You would think after being on the bench for so long for Spain he would have made the most of those glorious opportunities to learn.
EarlyPrototype
EarlyPrototype
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Sun Apr 22, 2012 7:07 pm

there is no ideal technique, Buffon for a long time was the best GK in the world and he is a textbook keeper in terms on anticipation and positioning. Casillas has a different style and succeeded with it as well.

If Hart feels like his ability to anticipate and position himself to stop shots is weak, it's only normal that he looks the other way.
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Sun Apr 22, 2012 7:08 pm

Le Samourai wrote:Right, well he's learning from the best in terms of a certain aspect of keeping.

If he wanted to improve his ability to catch crosses he might as well learn from Buffon.

I'll agree with that and being more consistent and safe too Razz

He could learn from Neuer and Krul in that regard too Laughing

Also i only responded because EP called him the best of the best which i disagree with no biggie tho.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Sushi Master Sun Apr 22, 2012 7:11 pm

True classy guys learn from Buffon :coffee:
Sushi Master
Sushi Master
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Chelsea

Back to top Go down

Post by EarlyPrototype Sun Apr 22, 2012 7:15 pm

Not anymore Mole. 🎅
EarlyPrototype
EarlyPrototype
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by The Messiah Sun Apr 22, 2012 7:16 pm

No wonder Neuer is much more better, he's learning from Buffon, but nevertheless Casillas is a great great great goalkeeper
The Messiah
The Messiah
Banned (Permanent)

http://pose-grpp.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Sun Apr 22, 2012 7:17 pm

EarlyPrototype wrote:Not anymore Mole. 🎅

If you have seen Juventus this season you would know what iam talking about, Buffon is back to his best.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by EarlyPrototype Sun Apr 22, 2012 7:27 pm

Casillias always at his best :coffee:

despite a few hiccups.
EarlyPrototype
EarlyPrototype
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Guliver90 Sun Apr 22, 2012 7:31 pm

EarlyPrototype wrote:Casillias always at his best :coffee:

despite a few hiccups.

LOL...let's see how Casillas would play for 2 season injured...with disk hernia.

you have no idea how bitching that back pain is. you can't even sleep at night right. it kills the mobility of you back and hip.
and Buffon did it as a professional football player. and pretty good.
Guliver90
Guliver90
Prospect
Prospect

Club Supported : wisla krakow

Back to top Go down

Post by EarlyPrototype Sun Apr 22, 2012 7:33 pm

If, but, blah blah doesn't count.

Kaka would still be the best in the world if not for injuries.

Move on.
EarlyPrototype
EarlyPrototype
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Guliver90 Sun Apr 22, 2012 7:40 pm

EarlyPrototype wrote:If, but, blah blah doesn't count.

Move on.

oh..i should have known. i'm speaking with a fanatic child.

i won't bother no more.
Guliver90
Guliver90
Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by The Messiah Sun Apr 22, 2012 7:42 pm

Move on.

Kaka can still be the best if he's given the chance to...

see what I did there.

Kaka/Buffon, both were injured but one is playing regularly and the other isn't
The Messiah
The Messiah
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by EarlyPrototype Sun Apr 22, 2012 7:43 pm

Guliver90 wrote:

Move on.

i won't bother no more.

No.

You won't bother no more because you know your wrong.

I used your logic and you disagreed, but you failed to see it.
EarlyPrototype
EarlyPrototype
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Guliver90 Sun Apr 22, 2012 7:51 pm

EarlyPrototype wrote:
Guliver90 wrote:

Move on.

i won't bother no more.

No.

Crap...i conceded to the temptation

Actually, you will invent whatever logic and claim it was mine just to try to prove you were right.

But is only your biased view and opinion. so i won't bother to use real logic with you. i understand. you have that right. and i'm not gonna try.

Man Utd fans claimed van der Saar was the best, most Lyon fans will say Lloris, most Bayern fans will say Neuer.

And UEFA prizes don't matter in this as Buffon played very little outside Serie A since Calciopoli so he was never considered.
Guliver90
Guliver90
Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by The Messiah Sun Apr 22, 2012 7:54 pm

I am a Bayern fan and I absolutely agree that Buffon is the best goalkeeper in the world and a living legend.

anyone who dispute this, is a retarded idiot.
The Messiah
The Messiah
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by Le Samourai Sun Apr 22, 2012 7:54 pm

No one was ever going to have a better season than Casillas in 06-07.

Injuries , no injuries , Serie A , Serie B...whatever.

Single handedly won us the league that year with a WOAT defense in front of him. So you're wrong, he wouldve been considered the best.
Le Samourai
Le Samourai
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Le Samourai Sun Apr 22, 2012 7:55 pm

I'd take Casillas any day

Spoiler:
Le Samourai
Le Samourai
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by EarlyPrototype Sun Apr 22, 2012 7:56 pm

Guliver90 wrote:
EarlyPrototype wrote:
Guliver90 wrote:

Move on.

i won't bother no more.

No.

Crap...i conceded to the temptation

Actually, you will invent whatever logic and claim it was mine just to try to prove you were right.

But is only your biased view and opinion. so i won't bother to use real logic with you. i understand. you have that right. and i'm not gonna try.

Man Utd fans claimed van der Saar was the best, most Lyon fans will say Lloris, most Bayern fans will say Neuer.

And UEFA prizes don't matter in this as Buffon played very little outside Serie A since Calciopoli so he was never considered.

What logic?

You basically said Buffon is the better keeper because he managed to overcome injuries and still play at this high level.
That doesn't mean shit to me.
And it is the opinion of the majority not just mine.
As I said move on.
This is not 2007. So I don't know why you are getting so emotional because someone said Casillias is better.
EarlyPrototype
EarlyPrototype
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next