Joe Hart's interesting comment about using Reflex than Anticipation against Top strikers

+14
rwo power
Zealous
Adrian0911
the xcx
VanDeezNuts
Guliver90
The Messiah
Sushi Master
Mr Nick09
Le Samourai
Brady2Moss
Great Leader Sprucenuce
EarlyPrototype
Adit
18 posters

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Joe Hart's interesting comment about using Reflex than Anticipation against Top strikers - Page 2 Empty Re: Joe Hart's interesting comment about using Reflex than Anticipation against Top strikers

Post by EarlyPrototype Sun Apr 22, 2012 7:56 pm

Guliver90 wrote:
EarlyPrototype wrote:
Guliver90 wrote:
EarlyPrototype wrote:If, but, blah blah doesn't count.

Kaka would still be the best in the world if not for injuries.

Move on.

oh..i should have known. i'm speaking with a fanatic child.

i won't bother no more.

No.

You won't bother no more because you know your wrong.

I used your logic and you disagreed, but you failed to see it.

Crap...i conceded to the temptation

Actually, you will invent whatever logic and claim it was mine just to try to prove you were right.

But is only your biased view and opinion. so i won't bother to use real logic with you. i understand. you have that right. and i'm not gonna try.

Man Utd fans claimed van der Saar was the best, most Lyon fans will say Lloris, most Bayern fans will say Neuer.

And UEFA prizes don't matter in this as Buffon played very little outside Serie A since Calciopoli so he was never considered.

What logic?

You basically said Buffon is the better keeper because he managed to overcome injuries and still play at this high level.
That doesn't mean shit to me.
And it is the opinion of the majority not just mine.
As I said move on.
This is not 2007. So I don't know why you are getting so emotional because someone said Casillias is better.

EarlyPrototype
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Joe Hart's interesting comment about using Reflex than Anticipation against Top strikers - Page 2 Empty Re: Joe Hart's interesting comment about using Reflex than Anticipation against Top strikers

Post by Guliver90 Sun Apr 22, 2012 7:59 pm

EarlyPrototype wrote:
Guliver90 wrote:
EarlyPrototype wrote:
Guliver90 wrote:
EarlyPrototype wrote:If, but, blah blah doesn't count.

Kaka would still be the best in the world if not for injuries.

Move on.

oh..i should have known. i'm speaking with a fanatic child.

i won't bother no more.

No.

You won't bother no more because you know your wrong.

I used your logic and you disagreed, but you failed to see it.

Crap...i conceded to the temptation

Actually, you will invent whatever logic and claim it was mine just to try to prove you were right.

But is only your biased view and opinion. so i won't bother to use real logic with you. i understand. you have that right. and i'm not gonna try.

Man Utd fans claimed van der Saar was the best, most Lyon fans will say Lloris, most Bayern fans will say Neuer.

And UEFA prizes don't matter in this as Buffon played very little outside Serie A since Calciopoli so he was never considered.

What logic?

You basically said Buffon is the better keeper because he managed to overcome injuries and still play at this high level.
That doesn't mean shit to me.
And it is the opinion of the majority not just mine.
As I said move on.
This is not 2007. So I don't know why you are getting so emotional because someone said Casillias is better.

yes majority RM fans.

:facepalm: oh... why?why?..why did i bother? :facepalm:
Guliver90
Guliver90
Prospect
Prospect

Club Supported : wisla krakow

Back to top Go down

Post by EarlyPrototype Sun Apr 22, 2012 8:01 pm

whywhy? oh why?

aka I have nothing to say Laughing
EarlyPrototype
EarlyPrototype
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by VanDeezNuts Sun Apr 22, 2012 8:08 pm

the argument:

buffon is a better keeper because he has had to deal with injuries

hmm

VanDeezNuts
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : FC Basel

Back to top Go down

Post by Adit Sun Apr 22, 2012 8:11 pm

Yeah dat logic Lol Laughing
Adit
Adit
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Borussia Mönchengladbach

http://www.realmadridfootballblog.com

Back to top Go down

Post by the xcx Sun Apr 22, 2012 8:12 pm

Dem logic Laughing
the xcx
the xcx
Banned (Decade)

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Adrian0911 Sun Apr 22, 2012 8:12 pm

inbeforeallrealmadridfanspostheretowinanargument
Adrian0911
Adrian0911
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by Zealous Sun Apr 22, 2012 8:22 pm

And Hart shall inherit the Earth. He will succeed Iker as the best. :bow:
Zealous
Zealous
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Le Samourai Sun Apr 22, 2012 8:25 pm

I don't see how Buffon is relevant to this thread.

If anyone is derailing it, it's the ones crying about Buffon.
Le Samourai
Le Samourai
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Guliver90 Sun Apr 22, 2012 9:36 pm

vanDEEZ wrote:the argument:

hmm
Adit wrote:Yeah dat logic Lol Laughing
Nameless wrote:Dem logic Laughing

fair enough...i deserve that.
i expressed myself badly. i wasn't clear.

I was trying to say Buffon wasn't considered as best anymore because he has played injured for 2 seasons and missed most of another because of the surgery. so everybody believed he was done and over.
but now things are back.

Buffon and Casillas are 2 different kind of goalkeepers that play in 2 leagues that play totally different.
Casillas gets to have more action as La Liga is not so defensive and slow as Serie A.
Maybe that's why they were taught different. Casillas needs more reflex and agility in a very fast league. while for Buffon positiong and anticipation helps him more against adversary.
even he said this once...can't find that interview...he said something like..best goalkeeper are, in his opinion, the ones that don't have to make spectacular saves...but the ones that position themselves well on the line.
2 different styles of schools...italian and spanish...that taught them.
Buffon and Casillas were the best 2 for some years, depending on form.

but, in my opinion, on form Buffon is over on form Casillas.
and i believe that was proved at WC 2006 and before 2006.

now...all casillas fans...bash away Cool
Guliver90
Guliver90
Prospect
Prospect

Club Supported : wisla krakow

Back to top Go down

Post by Zealous Sun Apr 22, 2012 9:40 pm

Buffon is a legend but I'll never understand why some of his fans feel the need to discredit a keeper as talented and successful as Iker.
Zealous
Zealous
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Adrian0911 Sun Apr 22, 2012 9:46 pm

Let's hope they are both in their best form..and give us a spectacular show at Euro 2012. cheers
Adrian0911
Adrian0911
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by rwo power Sun Apr 22, 2012 9:58 pm

Guliver90 wrote:Buffon and Casillas are 2 different kind of goalkeepers that play in 2 leagues that play totally different.
Casillas gets to have more action as La Liga is not so defensive and slow as Serie A.
Maybe that's why they were taught different. Casillas needs more reflex and agility in a very fast league. while for Buffon positiong and anticipation helps him more against adversary.
even he said this once...can't find that interview...he said something like..best goalkeeper are, in his opinion, the ones that don't have to make spectacular saves...but the ones that position themselves well on the line.
Neuer is also a keeper who does a lot with positioning, even though he has fantastic reflexes, too. I noticed that often people said Neuer was nothing special because the strikers shot directly at him. Obviously they didn't realize this was mainly the case because Neuer was just there where he should be. Somehow I have the impression that Neuer and Buffon have a lot in common in that respect, so I guess the German goal-keeping style is quite a bit similar to the Italian style.

I'm not fully sure about any English style, I have to admit. Maybe it is as there are very many foreign keepers who play in the top leagues in England that there is not a certain style apparent? Joe Hart is certainly pretty good (ManCity have the best defense record in the PL after all), but I doubt that one can say that one style is the end of all and will show up as *the* best style in the end.
rwo power
rwo power
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Club Supported : Asante Kotoko

Back to top Go down

Post by S Sun Apr 22, 2012 10:00 pm

Hart can continue learning from guys like Casillas

Whilst Neuer will emulate legends like Buffon AKA become the GOAT in the future :coffee:
S
S
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by AnJl Sun Apr 22, 2012 10:42 pm

Guliver90 wrote:
vanDEEZ wrote:the argument:

hmm
Adit wrote:Yeah dat logic Lol Laughing
Nameless wrote:Dem logic Laughing

fair enough...i deserve that.
i expressed myself badly. i wasn't clear.

I was trying to say Buffon wasn't considered as best anymore because he has played injured for 2 seasons and missed most of another because of the surgery. so everybody believed he was done and over.
but now things are back.

Buffon and Casillas are 2 different kind of goalkeepers that play in 2 leagues that play totally different.

but, in my opinion, on form Buffon is over on form Casillas.
and i believe that was proved at WC 2006 and before 2006.

now...all casillas fans...bash away Cool

I think this and what RWO said is right

Two styles, choose your weapon.

Regarding who is better, for me... I would take Buffon, he seems less prone to errors compared to Casillas

But, is it because of the style of the league or just how they play.... that is up to you to decide
AnJl
AnJl
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by Zealous Mon Apr 23, 2012 2:20 am

What is this less prone to errors BS that people keep talking about?

Casillas is the most clutch keeper in history. Guys like Buffon and Khan wish they had a highlight reel like Iker's.
Zealous
Zealous
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Le Samourai Mon Apr 23, 2012 2:59 am

I think theyre talking about Iker making a shaky collection and maybe drop which costs us a goal in random 4-1 and 5-2 wins over the years.
Le Samourai
Le Samourai
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Valkyrja Mon Apr 23, 2012 8:04 am

Iker is the ultimate big game GK. You'll never see him play bad in a big match. His reflexes are the best in history IMO. Kahn and Buffon are obviosly more consistent.
Valkyrja
Valkyrja
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by rwo power Mon Apr 23, 2012 8:13 am

Kizu wrote:Iker is the ultimate big game GK. You'll never see him play bad in a big match. His reflexes are the best in history IMO. Kahn and Buffon are obviosly more consistent.
Neuer usually steps up in big matches, too. He just needs to get rid of the occasional concentration lapse like against M'gladbach this season.
rwo power
rwo power
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Lord Hades Mon Apr 23, 2012 8:28 am

Le Samourai wrote:No one was ever going to have a better season than Casillas in 06-07.

Injuries , no injuries , Serie A , Serie B...whatever.

Single handedly won us the league that year with a WOAT defense in front of him. So you're wrong, he wouldve been considered the best.

he was actually better in 07 -08 imo
Lord Hades
Lord Hades
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by rwo power Mon Apr 23, 2012 8:40 am

Le Samourai wrote:No one was ever going to have a better season than Casillas in 06-07.
What about Manuel Neuer for Schalke last season? He single-handedly brought a team without any noteworthy defense to the CL semi final.
rwo power
rwo power
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Le Samourai Mon Apr 23, 2012 8:42 am

The team was better in 07-08 TBF but that was also a GOAT season.

I'll never forget Casillas single handedly dragging us to a miracle draw against Zaragoza as they continued to bend over and rape us and every other player did their best to bottle it.

Casillas just pulled out so many miracles that year, and the league was so close in the end, he was the biggest difference maker by some some margin.

06-07 was his title.
Le Samourai
Le Samourai
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by rwo power Mon Apr 23, 2012 8:48 am

Well, one needs to mention Oliver Kahn in 2002, too. Even though he messed up the final, he dragged a totally mediocre German team through the whole World Cup. He won the FIFA World Cup Golden Ball for a reason that year.
rwo power
rwo power
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Le Samourai Mon Apr 23, 2012 8:49 am

rwo power wrote:
What about Manuel Neuer for Schalke last season? He single-handedly brought a team without any noteworthy defense to the CL semi final.

Neuer was good.

If you're asking if he had a better season...I'd say no.

Le Samourai
Le Samourai
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Le Samourai Mon Apr 23, 2012 8:53 am

I think you misunderstood Rwo....

I ain't saying that that was the best season by a keeper of all time or anything...personally I'm not qualified to comment on that....I'm saying injuries or no injuries people were going to start calling Casillas the best in the world after that season regardless of where Buffon was or what he did.
Le Samourai
Le Samourai
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by rwo power Mon Apr 23, 2012 9:01 am

Okay.... Although I just have to mention one more really amazing German GK who was only 19 last year and who just had his debut the BL then. Razz

The second GK who really stood out last season in Germany was Marc-André ter Stegen, even though he only played six matches. Before Marc-André ter Stegen guarded the goal of Borussia Mönchengladbach, they conceded an average of 2.21 (62/28) goals against per match in the Bundesliga season 2010/11 and they were desolate in the last place of the table.

Right after Favre selected ter Stegen as GK, they only got 0.5 (3/6) goals against them in the remaining 6 matches of the last season and guess what - they weren't relegated, but stayed up. And this season they are in a CL place XD.
rwo power
rwo power
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next