Introducing Marco Verratti (The New Andrea Pirlo)

+5
Juveman17
Eivindo
Onyx
sportsczy
Cotes
9 posters

Go down

Introducing Marco Verratti (The New Andrea Pirlo) Empty Introducing Marco Verratti (The New Andrea Pirlo)

Post by Cotes Sat Apr 28, 2012 9:18 pm

Cotes
Cotes
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Introducing Marco Verratti (The New Andrea Pirlo) Empty Re: Introducing Marco Verratti (The New Andrea Pirlo)

Post by sportsczy Sat Sep 22, 2012 6:20 pm

What a player he is. I mean WOW. Has become the undisputed field general for PSg and benched everyone.

Italy has found its Modric. The exact same player.
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Marseille

Back to top Go down

Introducing Marco Verratti (The New Andrea Pirlo) Empty Re: Introducing Marco Verratti (The New Andrea Pirlo)

Post by Onyx Sat Sep 22, 2012 6:45 pm

:bow:

Onyx
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Eivindo Sat Sep 22, 2012 7:01 pm

Modric who? Ancelotti calls him the new Pirlo :coffee:

Sad that Juve didnt want to spend that much money on a youngster who so many tipped for greatness. He is still young and stuff might happen, lets see.
Eivindo
Eivindo
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by Juveman17 Sat Sep 22, 2012 7:10 pm

sportsczy wrote:What a player he is. I mean WOW. Has become the undisputed field general for PSg and benched everyone.

Italy has found its Pirlo. The exact same player.

Juveman17
Juveman17
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Fulham

https://www.youtube.com/user/juveman176

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Sat Sep 22, 2012 7:20 pm

He doesn't really play like Pirlo though. he's a close control, dribble and pass guy. Pirlo is more of a passer than a dribbler. verratti likes to dribble past players. He plays and looks exactly like Modric to me.
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Arquitecto Sat Sep 22, 2012 7:25 pm

lol at Juventini claiming every Italian player Laughing

He's happy to stay at PSG under Carlo. Verrati arguably has been PSGs best player this season despite Ibra being Ibra. Yet Verrati has controlled games even more than Ibra and has ridiculous bags of confidence for his age. Very complete in his razor sharp passing and two footed ability. Does some outrageous dribbles in midfield as well. Is the lynchpin of PSG with Ibra. You can tell Ibra is finding joy in playing with him.

Pirlo comparisons are off the mark as he is far closer to Xavi in playing style than Pirlo. Just uncannily resembles Xavi in his play and craft.

Just turned 19 and is has amazing progress at this rate.
Arquitecto
Arquitecto
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Sat Sep 22, 2012 7:38 pm

Arqi... him and Rabiot are going to be an amazing midfield pair for PSG in the future. We all talk about the mega dollar players at PSG. But it's the young guys that are carrying things.

Sakho, Verratti and Matuidi right now. Rabiot in the future. Menez looks great too.
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Arquitecto Sat Sep 22, 2012 7:45 pm

sportsczy wrote:Arqi... him and Rabiot are going to be an amazing midfield pair for PSG in the future. We all talk about the mega dollar players at PSG. But it's the young guys that are carrying things.

Sakho, Verratti and Matuidi right now. Rabiot in the future. Menez looks great too.

I resonate your thoughts here Sports. I actually find Rabiot and Verrati two of the most exciting prospects for PSG and Ligue 1 in general. Rabiot is the future jewel of France in midfield.

I agree PSG doesn't get enough credit for their youth development and usage. Carlo has dispelled the myth of his lack of use of youth with his relatively ample use of young players and he has high praise of Rabiot.

Sakho has been thriving in his new free role in the back and Matuidi thankfully hasn't been sacrificed by the new star power pack. Menez? Always been a fan of him as he finally is finding the consistency he never had. Key player for PSG's lack of width.
Arquitecto
Arquitecto
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Sat Sep 22, 2012 7:50 pm

Kind of a fun team to watch for entirely different reasons than i thought lol. I started the season looking for Pastore, Lavezzi, Silva and Ibra. You watch Ibra and SIlva obviously. But to see the kids develop is a lot more fun.

Laveezzi better start working hard. He can't even make the bench right now. Pastore isn't looking too impressive either.

But back to Verratti... he's already the best CM in Ligue 1 imo.
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Sat Sep 22, 2012 7:51 pm

lol at the thread title, welcome to PSG indeed haha
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Arquitecto Sat Sep 22, 2012 7:57 pm

sportsczy wrote:Kind of a fun team to watch for entirely different reasons than i thought lol. I started the season looking for Pastore, Lavezzi, Silva and Ibra. You watch Ibra and SIlva obviously. But to see the kids develop is a lot more fun.

Laveezzi better start working hard. He can't even make the bench right now. Pastore isn't looking too impressive either.

But back to Verratti... he's already the best CM in Ligue 1 imo.

Your mistaken here Sports Smile

I watch PSG because Leonardo (who I still like very much like), Ancelotti, Pastore, Menez, Jallet (who is underrated), Lavezzi (who is world class) Verrati. And of course Ibra and Silva while the latter I completely forgot about. I want PSG to succeed in Ligue 1 as which is why I also watch them and hope for their eventual progress.

Pastore just needs to find his confidence and best position but he will bloom just like Menez. At the moment Carlo won't settle for less as its obvious he wants to work towards the perfect system so until then some performances will be sacrificed. But I have faith he will succeed given the unbeaten run and improvements game by game.

Easily Europes most exciting project to watch for me. It has taught me also to cherish and study the Ligue 1 as well which I used to underrate.
Arquitecto
Arquitecto
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Sat Sep 22, 2012 8:00 pm

Where is Lucas Moura going to play when he arrives lol. I have no idea...
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Arquitecto Sat Sep 22, 2012 8:03 pm

sportsczy wrote:Where is Lucas Moura going to play when he arrives lol. I have no idea...

Oh Christ, I completely forgot about that. Just shows the astounding depth PSG have. Best thing is Carlo loves to experiment with players like Lucas. Given its a modified 4-3-2-1 (for now) I am sure he will rotate with Menez or hopefully the out of form Pastore. He also can give the explosive Lavezzi a run for his money. Unfortunately I feel the formation will have to be sacrificed to fully fit in all these players unless there is a tactical rotation system built ala Ancelotti 2004.

Arquitecto
Arquitecto
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Sat Sep 22, 2012 8:06 pm

I think nene gets sold over the winter and lucas takes over his role and rotates. Nene might actually end up at Milan...
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Ganso Sat Sep 22, 2012 8:20 pm

I doubt Lucas will be a bench player,I mean cmon,40M....I think that he will have a similar role to Benzema last season with Pastore or Menez being the Higuain
Ganso
Ganso
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Sat Sep 22, 2012 8:27 pm

It's almost 100% certain he's a bench supersub Ganso. Carlo is playing a 433 with Pastore-Ibra-Menez up front. Lavezzi cost more than Lucas and he's not even seeing the bench lol. You have Lavezzi, Pastore, Menez and Lucas fighting for 2 spots.

433 is working too well for Carlo to go away from it.
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by EL Patron Sat Sep 22, 2012 8:43 pm

Rabiot will be better, he looked amazing in his debut and he is only 17. He has got great composure on the ball for such a young player .
EL Patron
EL Patron
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by Ganso Sat Sep 22, 2012 8:46 pm

Lavezzi cost 30M Lucas 40M,well even if he does start on the bench i think he will eventually break into the starting 11.(I still dont think he will be a supersub though lol)
Ganso
Ganso
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Cotes Sun Sep 23, 2012 4:36 am

Verratti doesn't disappoint!
Cotes
Cotes
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down