dronte
la bestia negra
rwo power
Valkyrja
Albiceleste
55 posters

Page 4 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Go down

Messi BREAKS Gerd Mullers record - Page 4 Empty Re: Messi BREAKS Gerd Mullers record

Post by Dnmac4 Thu May 03, 2012 8:48 am

Here's the thing with the penalty comments that have some Madrid fans up in arms and it wasn't just Barca fans saying it it was almost everyone.

At the time they made the comments Ronaldo had something like 33 goals and 10 or 11 were penalties. That was over 1/3 of his goals, even the most hardcore Madrid fan has to admit that is a crazy percentage. In the end it evened out like it usually does but if you follow La Liga in the beginning and up to the middle of the season MAdrid were getting a lot of penalty calls and Barca were not so I think people just assumed the calls would keep going Madrid's way and it was kind of cheap that Ronaldo had 10 goals from penalties and the season wasn't even half way done? Does that make more sense?

And Mind you I was not someone who knocked Ronaldo for it, my only comment which I made before this year and in some of those threads because we were talking about PK's is that the person who won the penalty should be the person who takes it because he doesn't get to magically pass to the best goal scorer on his team right when he was fouled to finish off the play. ( I have been saying this for years BTW)

It has just never made sense to me plus it messes with statistics. I come from the States so I will admit I have a different way of looking at rules but again IMO I think they should differentiate how many of the penalties Ronaldo or Messi won because then it's fair that they get credit for the goal. I mean say Ronaldo won 7 out of the 10 penalties he had at that point in the season then no one would be able to say anything, I just don't know why they don't bother to keep that stat.

Like last game everyone said oh look Messi scored a hat trick with two penalties and just ignored he won one of them. I think the person who wins the penalty gets short changed in a lot of ways but this is the system and we don't live in a perfect world.

With that being said, look at these posts from this thread, I mean WTF? I just don't get where this hate comes from?

He can score penalties when he isn't under pressure, too bad Barca crashed out of CL partly because his missed penalty.

Messi has scored 11 goals in the last month.. SEVEN of them from the penalty spot

Football lost today.

This is the day when football died for me. Goodbye.

ABOVE IS THE FIRST PAGE ALONE AND I'M NOT EVEN PUTTING THE PEOPLE WHO AGREED AND QUOTED THIS NONSENSE.

2 more Penalties today? Damn son, Messi sure don't like someone scoring more penalties than him. How many's he had this season? More than 15 at the very least.

we all know he won't suceed in Argentina team, unless he Spain buys him and play with the Catalan players.

Mehsi has simply done nothing whatsoever what goes internation football. He is a nobody in history of World Cups, or even Copa America = things that matter the most in football.

messi has missed more penalties than ronaldo this year

Ultimate stat padder. Plays 90 minutes of every single game in the best team of all time.

Selfish c**t.

^ This is just the first two pages of the thread and none of these are re-posts they are all from different people. I mean the last one I put up alone has so much hate in it it's incredible.

I will say again, I just don't understand it. I really don't and I think it's a shame that people have to be so flat out Stupid on this forum, It's like it breeds and attracts hate and dumbness.

Dnmac4
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Messi BREAKS Gerd Mullers record - Page 4 Empty Re: Messi BREAKS Gerd Mullers record

Post by izzy Thu May 03, 2012 8:54 am

Ok Dnmac, i'll say this for the second and last time.

Many Barca fans (trolls) went around last year bashing and ridiculing CR7's goal achievement last year, saying he was scoring meaningless goals and what not to improve his goal record.

The favour is just being returned this year. Get over it. It's a bit of Forum banter that you weren't around for so no need to start calling people stupid.
izzy
izzy
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Marseille

Back to top Go down

Post by Adit Thu May 03, 2012 8:58 am

werent many barca fans talking about how CR was just scoring unimportant goals in the end for pichichi? Messi is doing no different but a record is a record and he deserves praise for that.

and i never got that unimportant goal crap,this is a game played by two teams.Many teams ups their game in the final moment of la liga as seen by every year.
Adit
Adit
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Borussia Mönchengladbach

http://www.realmadridfootballblog.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Dnmac4 Thu May 03, 2012 9:05 am

Adit wrote:werent many barca fans talking about how CR was just scoring unimportant goals in the end for pichichi? Messi is doing no different but a record is a record and he deserves praise for that.

The reason people said it and it wasn't just Barca fans is because Messi and Ronaldo had an awesome race going on for the pichichi and Pep benched Messi for the last 3-4 games so he was fresh for the CL Final where Ronaldo shot passed him by scoring in games that technically didn't have any bearing on the season as it was already decided, and MEssi was leading at that point in time. I will not say the games didn't matter because all games matter.

Any fan of any team would be pissed if that's how the race ended and people were not killing Ronaldo for the insane amount of goals he scored last year it was more how the race ended as people felt the trophy was given to him and not won outright because PEP and not Ronaldo basically ended the race.

No one killed Roanldo for scoring 40 something goals they killed him winning the Pichichi in a manner that was not fair which I agree with but agian it was not Ronaldo's fault as Pep did it not Ronaldo.

Dnmac4
Dnmac4
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Adit Thu May 03, 2012 9:09 am

Sorry to bust your bubble about unfair Ronaldo pichichi and pep ending pichichi crap.

last year Ronaldo played started 32 games and subbed in 2 games.

Messi started 31 games and subbed in 2 games.

what is the basis of your argument?
Adit
Adit
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

http://www.realmadridfootballblog.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Dnmac4 Thu May 03, 2012 9:15 am

izzy wrote:Ok Dnmac, i'll say this for the second and last time.

Many Barca fans (trolls) went around last year bashing and ridiculing CR7's goal achievement last year, saying he was scoring meaningless goals and what not to improve his goal record.

The favour is just being returned this year. Get over it. It's a bit of Forum banter that you weren't around for so no need to start calling people stupid.

Oh and BTW how were yesterdays goals meaningless? Malaga is trying to nail down a CL spot, yesterdays game was actually a very important one, and you can see my response above as to how your totally wrong for compairing the end of last year to the end of this year.

Not to mention the most important fact, RONALDO IS STILL PLAYING so how is it anything like last year?

I'm sure if Ronaldo converted his penalty yesterday and put away his one on one near the end of the game for a hat trick those would not be called meaningless goals as you put it.

Not to mention with Messi's goals they broke an all time team record for goals in a season for Barca (105) and an individual record for the most goals scores in a season by an individual. All while playing a team fighting for a CL spot, so again there not meaningless.
Dnmac4
Dnmac4
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Yuri Yukuv Thu May 03, 2012 9:21 am

Wow Messi just wow, it's different definition of season but this is just fantastic. I am sure old man Johan has been dreaming of somehow breaking Gerd's record and he finally did it through his heir
Yuri Yukuv
Yuri Yukuv
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Chelsea

Back to top Go down

Post by Dnmac4 Thu May 03, 2012 9:23 am

Adit wrote:Sorry to bust your bubble about unfair Ronaldo pichichi and pep ending pichichi crap.

last year Ronaldo played started 32 games and subbed in 2 games.

Messi started 31 games and subbed in 2 games.

what is the basis of your argument?

There is no argument, I'm not arguing anything. I'm just stating a fact and I never called Ronaldo's Pichichi last year unfair or what ever.

I'm just saying at the end of the year Messi was ahead and Pep pulled him for the last couple of league games to be fresh for the CL final and then Ronaldo shot above him.

Pep ruined the race although it was the smart thing to do and it had nothing to do with Ronaldo as I stated last post.

They don't keep game stats or minutes played when handing out the Pichichi so I don't even know what your trying to say.

What I am saying is that everyone wanted to see the race go down to the wire last year and we didn't get to so it angered people and I think they were in the right to be angry but at Pep not Ronaldo as he rocketed ahead in games where Messi didn't play.

Not to mention I don't know how this year has anything to do with last year as BOTH PLAYERS ARE STILL PLAYING.

To compare last season to this season in terms of goals scored at the end is lazy and stupid IMO as they have nothing to do with each other as again THEY ARE BOTH STILL PLAYING.
Dnmac4
Dnmac4
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaled Thu May 03, 2012 9:58 am

Just for the record;

- Messi has Liga 46 goals (including 8 penalties from 9 attempts) in 35 games.
- Cristiano has 44 goals (including 11 penalties from 12 attempts) in 36 games.

Pichichi race? Messi scored 2 more goals than Cristiano, 3 less penalties with 1 match less.

----------------------

In all comps this season;

Cristiano scored 13 out of 15 penalties.
Messi 12 out of 15.

Khaled
Khaled
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu May 03, 2012 10:17 am

Messi broke the record, but no-one mentions that Muller needed 49 games to score 67 goals. Messi needed 57. Its like comparing apples to oranges.

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Thu May 03, 2012 10:18 am

That's been mentioned before Crim. Btw do you have the stats available for a penalty comparison?

It's also comparing apples to oranges scoring now and 40 years before, btw Wink
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by windkick Thu May 03, 2012 10:28 am

At Messi's age this is seriously incredible. He odd's are not even in his full peak yet.
windkick
windkick
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu May 03, 2012 10:32 am

BarrileteCosmico wrote:That's been mentioned before Crim. Btw do you have the stats available for a penalty comparison?

It's also comparing apples to oranges scoring now and 40 years before, btw Wink

I know was just giving Barce fans a hard time, quite the achievement.

Muller scored 8 penalties that season (6 in Bundesliga, 2 in DFB-Pokal).

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaled Thu May 03, 2012 8:27 pm

Crimson wrote:Messi broke the record, but no-one mentions that Muller needed 49 games to score 67 goals. Messi needed 57. Its like comparing apples to oranges.

Khaled wrote:
juventus101 wrote:As great as this feat is, we should also remember that Muller played a good amount LESS games and also that Messi has scored a shitload of penalties. Amazing achievement by Messi, but these things shouldnt be forgotten. That said, Muller is still the greatest goalscorer the world has ever seen in my honest opinion. Congratulations to Leo though.

#lol at some people trying to discredit Messi. 12 penalties? Messi is one of the rare players that scored MOST individual goals, dribbling players for fun and scoring genius goals...

Messi scored 68 goals in 57 games (54 Starts) added 29+ assists, 12 of 68 came from penalties. SO even if we remove his penalties, Messi still has 56 FUCCKEN goals from open play (beat that)!!

Muller scored 67 goals in 49 games.
But 12 of his goals where in a competition called Liga Cup in Germany (scoring 12 in 5 games), its not even an official trophy. Muller actually has 55 goals in 44 official games (Bundesliga, European Cup and German Cup).

Khaled
Khaled
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by FennecFox7 Thu May 03, 2012 9:02 pm

eelir wrote:Dude the situation is similar to last year we all agree, but please, do not compare winning la liga pichichi to braking the record goal scored in history of the game. That is bulshit. And please grow some cojones and do not mix Christina in this thread.
His name is ronaldo. not christiana

PS, more league goals, more goals overall. genius right?
FennecFox7
FennecFox7
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Lord Awesome Thu May 03, 2012 9:36 pm

Gotta hand it to Messi here. Messi's scoring is more of a team effort so everyone at Barca can pat themselves at the back if Messi wins the Pichchi.

:bow: This bow is for Messi though. Razz
Lord Awesome
Lord Awesome
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Roma

Back to top Go down

Post by rwo power Fri May 04, 2012 2:14 am

Actually these are only the club numbers. In that same season, Müller also scored additionally 6 times for the German NT, IIRC.
rwo power
rwo power
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Club Supported : Asante Kotoko

Back to top Go down

Post by Kev Fri May 04, 2012 2:49 am

Congratulations to Messi for reaching the copa del rey final Razz
Kev
Kev
Starlet
Starlet

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by eelir Fri May 04, 2012 3:14 am

Giggity5313 wrote:
eelir wrote:Dude the situation is similar to last year we all agree, but please, do not compare winning la liga pichichi to braking the record goal scored in history of the game. That is bulshit. And please grow some cojones and do not mix Christina in this thread.
His name is ronaldo. not christiana

PS, more league goals, more goals overall. genius right?
I did not say "christiana", i said Christina, spell his name right ffs.

I am Albanian and in Albania we crowned him Miss Christina, so your argument is invalid.

PS. How often do players brake La Liga pichichi record, and how often the overall goals in one season? Genius right?
eelir
eelir
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaled Fri May 04, 2012 4:41 am

rwo power wrote:Actually these are only the club numbers. In that same season, Müller also scored additionally 6 times for the German NT, IIRC.

Messi has 5 goals for argentina this season..

Total of 73 goals for Club and Country.

All-time record is for Pele 75 goals (66 at Santos + 9 for Brazil) in 1958.

Messi needs 3 more goals in the remaining 3 games to beat this record!
Khaled
Khaled
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri May 04, 2012 6:10 am

rwo power wrote:Actually these are only the club numbers. In that same season, Müller also scored additionally 6 times for the German NT, IIRC.

Actually, if you count international matches, Ronaldo has scored 69 goals in 62 games. Messi; 70 goals in 63 games.

Back to top Go down

Post by vivabarca38 Fri May 04, 2012 6:21 am

71 goals.
vivabarca38
vivabarca38
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by free_cat Fri May 04, 2012 6:32 am

What about Dixie Dean? didn't he score 76 goals in a season or something like that?
free_cat
free_cat
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by paperbackwriter Fri May 04, 2012 7:29 am

Crimson wrote:

Actually, if you count international matches, Ronaldo has scored 69 goals in 62 games. Messi; 70 goals in 63 games.

Where did you get the 69 goals from?
paperbackwriter
paperbackwriter
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Fri May 04, 2012 7:35 am

paperbackwriter wrote:
Crimson wrote:

Where did you get the 69 goals from?

he's counting preseason competition where Ronaldo got 4 goals. It's actually 65 goals. But then again, the club world cup and preseason competition are being counted for Messi, which is Barca against nobody pretty much. So Messi should be 67 goals and Ronaldo 65 goals in true competition.
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Marseille

Back to top Go down

Post by vivabarca38 Fri May 04, 2012 8:02 am

Messi has 46 in La Liga,14 in CL,2 in Copa Del Rey ,3 In Super copa and 1 In Uefa cup and 2 in Club WC plus 5 in Internationals so that's 73 goals.Ronaldo has 58 In Real Madrid and six with Portugal.
Can't see how you got those other numbers.
vivabarca38
vivabarca38
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next