Which Country Produces the best players in specific positions?

+32
nasir6371
Dnmac4
Sushi Master
Jay29
S32TABLANCA
Albiceleste
guest7
BAYERN_MUNICH
the xcx
EarlyPrototype
Jack Daniels
rwo power
Milan31
Arsenalfaithfull
Lord Hades
Ganso
stunt
BarrileteCosmico
VanDeezNuts
Rebaño Sagrado
Le Samourai
juventus101
Motogp69
viepr149
Grande_Milano
Die Borussen
MJ
VivaStPauli
McAgger
Nirgall
BiasedMilanFan3
animal.crackers
36 posters

Page 3 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down

Which Country Produces the best players in specific positions? - Page 3 Empty Re: Which Country Produces the best players in specific positions?

Post by BAYERN_MUNICH Thu May 03, 2012 9:40 pm

Ganso wrote:
BAYERN_MUNICH wrote:
Albiceleste wrote:
Se7en wrote:
BAYERN_MUNICH wrote:Germany at the moment, mids...imo better than any other nation currently:

Özil,Schweinsteiger,Khedira,Sven Bender,Lars Bender,Götze,Reus,Müller,Kroos,Holtby,Draxler,Schürle,Gündogan,Podolski,Marin,Merkel,Großkreutz,Rolfes

by far number one

Spain: Silva, Cesc, Iniesta, Mata, Xavi, Busquets, Javi Martinez, Xabi Alonso Razz
Thumbs up World class players > talented players

Özil,Schweinsteiger,Khedira,Bender,Götze,Reus,Müller,Kroos,Podolski just talented hmm
world class players (imo)

after the Euros the hype on some others will start Wink just like with Özil after WC

BAYERN_MUNICH
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Which Country Produces the best players in specific positions? - Page 3 Empty Re: Which Country Produces the best players in specific positions?

Post by Le Samourai Thu May 03, 2012 9:46 pm

Spain: Xavi,Cesc,Iniesta,Mata,Busquets,Javi,Xabi.Cazorla.

The talents:Ander,Thiago,Canales,De Marcos,Isco,Iturraspe,Koke,Ignacio Camacho,Illrasmendi...I could list more but these are the ones who actually play consistently in the first division.What the heck...my homer pick...Alex Fernandez Iglesias.

Special Mentions: Borja,Bruno,Arteta.
Le Samourai
Le Samourai
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by VivaStPauli Thu May 03, 2012 9:53 pm

Xaviesta are indisputable, but IMHO the German "talent" is just as "world class" as Cesc, Mata, Biscuits, Xabi etc. - I'd say Germany and Spain are even on mids, I wouldn't call either superior atm.

And Özilsteiger is a neat challenge to Xaviesta, not quite there yet, but younger, and I rate Kroos, Götze, Reus and Müller probalby a bit higher than Spain supporters would, so this might be bias,.
VivaStPauli
VivaStPauli
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : FC St. Pauli

Back to top Go down

Post by S32TABLANCA Thu May 03, 2012 10:11 pm

Se7en wrote:
BAYERN_MUNICH wrote:Germany at the moment, mids...imo better than any other nation currently:

Özil,Schweinsteiger,Khedira,Sven Bender,Lars Bender,Götze,Reus,Müller,Kroos,Holtby,Draxler,Schürle,Gündogan,Podolski,Marin,Merkel,Großkreutz,Rolfes

by far number one

Spain: Silva, Cesc, Iniesta, Mata, Xavi, Busquets, Javi Martinez, Xabi Alonso Razz

Cazorla, Borja Valero, Michu, Thiago, Isco, Ander, Arteta...

Nobody can match Spain in the MF.
S32TABLANCA
S32TABLANCA
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by VivaStPauli Thu May 03, 2012 10:14 pm

Why? Except for Xaviesta none of them are unmatchable by German players, and Xaviesta only because they play together at club level, otherwiese Schweinsteiger and Özil would be close enough, I don't see the other Spain midfielders being vastly superior to anything Germany could field. The chemistry is probably better for the current NT starters, but I'm not sure that should count.
VivaStPauli
VivaStPauli
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Jay29 Thu May 03, 2012 10:22 pm

Pfft, all these Germans and Spaniards are no where near the quality of Barry, Parker and Barton. That's one dominant midfield right there. :coffee:

Jay29
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Sevilla

Back to top Go down

Post by S32TABLANCA Thu May 03, 2012 10:28 pm

VivaStPauli wrote:Why? Except for Xaviesta none of them are unmatchable by German players, and Xaviesta only because they play together at club level, otherwiese Schweinsteiger and Özil would be close enough, I don't see the other Spain midfielders being vastly superior to anything Germany could field. The chemistry is probably better for the current NT starters, but I'm not sure that should count.

Dude, look past Xaviesta and Shweinozil or whatever. You're comparing Marin with Cazorla here. Draxler with Mata. Merkel with Borja. Its not even funny what a difference there is.
S32TABLANCA
S32TABLANCA
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by VivaStPauli Thu May 03, 2012 10:39 pm

S32TABLANCA wrote:
Dude, look past Xaviesta and Shweinozil or whatever. You're comparing Marin with Cazorla here. Draxler with Mata. Merkel with Borja. Its not even funny what a difference there is.

No, but I can comfortable say that Götze = Mata, Reus > Cazorla, Müller > Borja, and that's leaving out both Benders, Khedira, Draxler, Müller, and even Kroos. F*cking Kroos.
VivaStPauli
VivaStPauli
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Le Samourai Thu May 03, 2012 10:41 pm

I think that list is skewed.

For example it has Poldi in it...and Marin...

I could just as easily then Add people like Munai,Iba,Navas,Reyes,Michu etc.
Le Samourai
Le Samourai
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Le Samourai Thu May 03, 2012 10:42 pm

VivaStPauli wrote:
S32TABLANCA wrote:

No, but I can comfortable say that Götze = Mata, Reus > Cazorla, Müller > Borja, and that's leaving out both Benders, Khedira, Draxler, Müller, and even Kroos. F*cking Kroos.

No.

Last edited by Le Samourai on Thu May 03, 2012 10:43 pm; edited 1 time in total
Le Samourai
Le Samourai
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Ganso Thu May 03, 2012 10:43 pm

Borja is a better midfielder than muller,cmon mate.....
Ganso
Ganso
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by Le Samourai Thu May 03, 2012 10:45 pm

I'm at a loss here , are we comparing talent or players for what they are?
Le Samourai
Le Samourai
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by VivaStPauli Thu May 03, 2012 10:45 pm

On account of what? Müller is a Bayern Munich regular and WC hero.
VivaStPauli
VivaStPauli
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by S32TABLANCA Thu May 03, 2012 10:47 pm

VivaStPauli wrote:
S32TABLANCA wrote:

Reus is not better than Cazorla. Muller is almost a SS, you cant compare him to Borja a Xavi like player. You have Draxler? Spain has like 4 extremely talented young AMs that outshine him. Kroos? Iniesta. Khedira? Javi, or Busquets. Etc, etc... Except Spain has more of them. More depth.
S32TABLANCA
S32TABLANCA
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Le Samourai Thu May 03, 2012 10:48 pm

What exactly is the point of comparing Muller to borja when they play different positions?
Le Samourai
Le Samourai
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by VivaStPauli Thu May 03, 2012 11:01 pm

I thought it was midfield depth?

If we just assume that each team is going to field 5 midfielders, we're even.

Spain probably with Xavi, Iniesta, Cesc, Xabi and Mata? Would be the 5 best, but one of Cesc, Xabi, Xavi is benched, in that setup, right?

Germany could field Schweinsteiger, Özil, Kroos, Müller/Götze and Podolski/Götze, that's close enough. Yes, I'll concede a minimal edge to Spain because of Xaviesta chemistry, but behind that, IMHO, it's even. Germany has Reus, Draxler, Khedira, the Bender bros in that equation, that's not worse than what Spain got.

I'm actually not arguing Spain > Germany despite me totally sounding like that, I'm just clumsily trying to contest that Spain is vastly superior.
VivaStPauli
VivaStPauli
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by juventus101 Thu May 03, 2012 11:21 pm

Comparing Spain and Germanys midfielders by similar players:

Schweinsteiger > Xavi
Ozil > Iniesta
(Tho together Xaviniesta have the advantage but individually i think the Germans are better.)
Kroos = Fabregas
Khedira < Alonso
Benders < Busquets
Podolski > Mata
Muller > Pedro
Gotze > Borja
Schurrle = Navas
Reus > Cazorla
Holtby < Silva
Marin = Munian

Then theres still others but not really big names so i left them out, these are the big players.

juventus101
juventus101
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Ganso Thu May 03, 2012 11:23 pm

i really loled
Ganso
Ganso
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by VanDeezNuts Thu May 03, 2012 11:30 pm

brazil basically have a monopoly on wingbacks.

gk-germany
cb-italy
cm-spain
b2b-germany
cam-holland
wingers-portugal
forwards-argentina

VanDeezNuts
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : FC Basel

Back to top Go down

Post by VivaStPauli Thu May 03, 2012 11:33 pm

vanDEEZ wrote:brazil basically have a monopoly on wingbacks.

Sadly true. Though if they weren't so tiny they'd probably be decent B2Bs Razz
VivaStPauli
VivaStPauli
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by VanDeezNuts Thu May 03, 2012 11:34 pm

juventus101 wrote:Comparing Spain and Germanys midfielders by similar players:

Schweinsteiger > Xavi
Ozil > Iniesta
(Tho together Xaviniesta have the advantage but individually i think the Germans are better.)
Kroos = Fabregas
Khedira < Alonso
Benders < Busquets
Podolski > Mata
Muller > Pedro
Gotze > Borja
Schurrle = Navas
Reus > Cazorla
Holtby < Silva
Marin = Munian

Then theres still others but not really big names so i left them out, these are the big players.

this list is extremely biased towards germany

steigger better than xavi? ozil better than iniesta? kroos=cesc? podolski better than mata? reus better than cazorla? and marin= munian?

im sorry but these are kinda laughable. the bold ones are particularly just absolutely false

VanDeezNuts
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : FC Basel

Back to top Go down

Post by Sushi Master Thu May 03, 2012 11:34 pm

Baseball players Crying or Very sad
Sushi Master
Sushi Master
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Chelsea

Back to top Go down

Post by Le Samourai Thu May 03, 2012 11:41 pm

Right well.

I'll play that game.

Xavi=Schweinstiger (arguments sake)
Iniesta=Ozil.

Ander=Kroos
Javi M>Khedira
Benders=Ignacio Camach and Itturaspe.
Podolski=Pedro
Muller is unique I don't know who to compare him to.
Goetze> Isco
Navas>Schurrie
Cazorla> Reus
Mata>Holtby.
Munain>Marin.

Le Samourai
Le Samourai
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Dnmac4 Thu May 03, 2012 11:49 pm

juventus101 wrote:Comparing Spain and Germanys midfielders by similar players:

Schweinsteiger > Xavi
Ozil > Iniesta
Kroos = Fabregas
Khedira < Alonso
Benders < Busquets
Podolski > Mata
Muller > Pedro
Gotze > Borja
Schurrle = Navas
Reus > Cazorla
Holtby < Silva
Marin = Munian

This has to be up there for the most biased post of the year doesn't it?

I mean it's not like Xavi and Iniesta have gone directly through Schweinsteiger and Ozil for the World Cup and Euro's or anything like that.

And then Marin = Munian not in this lifetime. I mean wasn't it yesterday that all these Germany fans were telling us that Marin to Chelsea (for a whopping 8 mill) was a bad move and he would succeed in the EPL? And how he doesn't live up to his talent and sits the bench for Werder and now we are comparing him to Munian who any big team would cut the right arm off to have.

The thought of Munian being sold for 8 mill is just laughable.

Also Kroos and Fab. I mean Kroos is a nice player and looks to be entering the prime of his career and really taking off but he hasn't been anywhere close to Fab yet. Just because Fab didn't play in the EPL this year doesn't mean you just get to disrespect him.

I mean this post is just all sorts of wrong. Not to mention Podolski and Muller are midfielders now, are we stretching the list out a little here to keep up?
Dnmac4
Dnmac4
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by nasir6371 Fri May 04, 2012 12:05 am

Le Samourai wrote:Right well.

I'll play that game.

Xavi=Schweinstiger (arguments sake)
Iniesta=Ozil.

Ander=Kroos
Javi M>Khedira
Benders=Ignacio Camach and Itturaspe.
Podolski=Pedro
Muller is unique I don't know who to compare him to.
Goetze> Isco
Navas>Schurrie
Cazorla> Reus
Mata>Holtby.
Munain>Marin.

Spanish Midfield >>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Germany
When Silva is 5th choice its saying something

The Idea of Germany Midfield

Which Country Produces the best players in specific positions? - Page 3 2vrvny8
nasir6371
nasir6371
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Manchester City

Back to top Go down

Post by rwo power Fri May 04, 2012 12:41 am

Hm. I remember some English pundit before the WC2010 who said that none of the German players would make the English NT. I think certain posters here are risking to fall into the same trap by the silly 1:1 comparisons.
rwo power
rwo power
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Club Supported : Asante Kotoko

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next