Players you think could do well in other positions on the field.

+43
boss
barca 2011
Babun
Tomwin Lannister
LeBĂ©ninois
Zealous
VivaStPauli
alexjanosik
Dutti
juventus101
BarcaKizz
baresi
Forza
Kamikaze692
The Sanchez
Red Alert
Swanhends
Donuts
El Gunner
DeviAngel
Luca
BarrileteCosmico
Le Samourai
RealGunner
SchinnerC
Harmonica
The Franchise
the xcx
zizzle
The Messiah
S
McAgger
Onyx
Emaharg
rwo power
stunt
Die Borussen
urbaNRoots
Real Kandahar
Ion Creanga
Kaladin
halamadrid2
VanDeezNuts
47 posters

Page 1 of 4 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

Players you think could do well in other positions on the field. Empty Players you think could do well in other positions on the field.

Post by VanDeezNuts Mon Nov 05, 2012 8:40 pm

Purely hypothetical, but I was curious to see what you guys would come up with.

So the idea of this thread is to think of a player you think could play well in a different position and not something too obvious like ronaldo can play ST (as he has played this role in the past)

I mean fundamentally different like a striker playing defense, or a central player playing out wide, winger playing CB etc. etc.

Ill start it off- Ive always thought wayne rooney would be an excellent RB or especially RWB, hes physical, quick, strong, and can put in a good cross.

1 more- I think ramos could be a a great target man playing up top. hes an aerial threat and can play with the ball at his feet I think he would be a poor mans llorente

VanDeezNuts
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : FC Basel

Back to top Go down

Players you think could do well in other positions on the field. Empty Re: Players you think could do well in other positions on the field.

Post by halamadrid2 Mon Nov 05, 2012 8:42 pm

Vermealen would be a great CF, he is very hungry, scores and is a great header of the ball, Girourd-Verm swap hmm

halamadrid2
halamadrid2
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Players you think could do well in other positions on the field. Empty Re: Players you think could do well in other positions on the field.

Post by Kaladin Mon Nov 05, 2012 8:43 pm

De Rossi would make an excellent CB, oh wa-
Maybe CAM? oh rig-
ST?

hmm

I guess he can fill all positions if needed

DDR :bow:
Kaladin
Kaladin
Stormblessed

Back to top Go down

Post by Ion Creanga Mon Nov 05, 2012 8:45 pm

Agree with Ramos... But rooney would be the worst RB in the world.. He doesn't have the stamina to play RB, and you need to be very good 1 vs 1 defending.. Imagine what Ribery can do against Rooney 1vs1.. Rooney is perfect in his position, behind RVP.
I think Suarez would be a decent CM, he has pace, stamina, phisicality, technique and vision.
Ion Creanga
Ion Creanga
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by Real Kandahar Mon Nov 05, 2012 8:55 pm

...Valencia ... Busquets.... Yaya toure ... Di Maria
.........................Pepe ...... Messi ...........
.................................Benz.................................

Alves..................... Pique.......................Marcelo
Real Kandahar
Real Kandahar
Banned (Temporary)

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by urbaNRoots Mon Nov 05, 2012 8:58 pm

halamadrid2 wrote:Vermealen would be a great CF, he is very hungry, scores and is a great header of the ball, Girourd-Verm swap hmm

This.

Also DMzema would make a good DM... oh wait.
urbaNRoots
urbaNRoots
First of his name

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by Die Borussen Mon Nov 05, 2012 8:59 pm

suarez a gk

hmmmmm luiz a winger

Die Borussen
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by Ion Creanga Mon Nov 05, 2012 8:59 pm

Real Kandahar wrote:...Valencia ... Busquets.... Yaya toure ... Di Maria

this with Luiz instead of Pique. I hope that putting Pique striker is a joke
Ion Creanga
Ion Creanga
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by stunt Mon Nov 05, 2012 9:01 pm

Any highly talented player (like messi and ronaldo) can play in most positions, easily. If you want examples were players would be better at other positions than their current ones, that's a completely different question, and I can't recall any at the moment.

stunt
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by rwo power Mon Nov 05, 2012 9:01 pm

Manuel Neuer - probably anything from defender to striker. That guy is pure determination. XD
rwo power
rwo power
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Club Supported : Asante Kotoko

Back to top Go down

Post by Emaharg Mon Nov 05, 2012 9:04 pm

I think Vermaelen would also be a very good DM.
Emaharg
Emaharg
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by Onyx Mon Nov 05, 2012 9:12 pm

Ramos as a DM. Good passing, tackling, good with the ball etc etc.

Onyx
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Nov 05, 2012 9:14 pm

Carroll CB :coffee:

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Mon Nov 05, 2012 9:16 pm

Agger as ST. At the end of Denmark games when they are down and in need of a goal, the coach always sends him up to play next to Bendtner for the last 10 minutes or so. He's strong, got an amazing shot, out of this world heading ability, ball control, technique, could be a perfect striker.

Gerrard as CB, ST, RB, DM. Can play it all without drop of quality.
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Reggina

Back to top Go down

Post by S Mon Nov 05, 2012 9:18 pm

Cabaye can play anywhere across the defense and midfield..

Utility player :coffee:
S
S
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by The Messiah Mon Nov 05, 2012 9:19 pm

Badstuber was trained as DM when he was still a youth player, I think he's more suitable for that position.

Muller seems like he can play as striker, Roney seems like a perfect midfielder and Neuer will make a good sweeper.
The Messiah
The Messiah
Banned (Permanent)

Club Supported : Chelsea

http://pose-grpp.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Real Kandahar Mon Nov 05, 2012 9:20 pm

tuddor wrote:
Real Kandahar wrote:...Valencia ... Busquets.... Yaya toure ... Di Maria

this with Luiz instead of Pique. I hope that putting Pique striker is a joke

pique is actually a good striker, you know pep always used to send him up in the last 25 mins when he wanted an equalizer or a win... that's why he scored against Inter Milan in the 82nd minute in CL semis, he is a threat in the air, and is good on the ball as well... very often he ventures into attacking positions.
Real Kandahar
Real Kandahar
Banned (Temporary)

Back to top Go down

Post by zizzle Mon Nov 05, 2012 9:22 pm

Heskey as a goal post
zizzle
zizzle
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by The Messiah Mon Nov 05, 2012 9:22 pm

Neuer can also play as a playmaker
The Messiah
The Messiah
Banned (Permanent)

Club Supported : Chelsea

http://pose-grpp.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by urbaNRoots Mon Nov 05, 2012 9:28 pm

Emaharg wrote:I think Vermaelen would also be a very good DM.

Alex Song 2.0
urbaNRoots
urbaNRoots
First of his name

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by halamadrid2 Mon Nov 05, 2012 9:28 pm

stunt wrote:Any highly talented player (like messi and ronaldo) can play in most positions, easily. If you want examples were players would be better at other positions than their current ones, that's a completely different question, and I can't recall any at the moment.

i strongly extremely strongly disagree, any lower that offensive midfield and both would be liabilities
halamadrid2
halamadrid2
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Onyx Mon Nov 05, 2012 9:47 pm

Ronaldo would succeed in defense because he is physical and good at heading. :coffee:

Onyx
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by the xcx Mon Nov 05, 2012 9:48 pm

Torres would be an decent CB imo.
the xcx
the xcx
Banned (Decade)

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Mon Nov 05, 2012 9:54 pm

Well I think Pique could probably play in a more forward position, though perhaps not today in 2012 where speed, endurance and things like this are so important. I have seen enough though to wonder if he could actually play up front somewhere.

He has composure, dribbling and confidence.

Overall its very hard. I am sure quite a few players could play other positions...but to them very well, I am not so sure.

I think a better question might be who can do better or at least equally good in another position.

The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by halamadrid2 Mon Nov 05, 2012 9:56 pm

Yohan Modric wrote:Ronaldo would succeed in defense because he is physical and good at heading. :coffee:

the guy can't even offer Marcelo some decent support, lord forbid if Mou was ever thinking of putting him as our CB
halamadrid2
halamadrid2
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 4 1, 2, 3, 4  Next