Which Country Produces the best players in specific positions?

+32
nasir6371
Dnmac4
Sushi Master
Jay29
S32TABLANCA
Albiceleste
guest7
BAYERN_MUNICH
the xcx
EarlyPrototype
Jack Daniels
rwo power
Milan31
Arsenalfaithfull
Lord Hades
Ganso
stunt
BarrileteCosmico
VanDeezNuts
Rebaño Sagrado
Le Samourai
juventus101
Motogp69
viepr149
Grande_Milano
Die Borussen
MJ
VivaStPauli
McAgger
Nirgall
BiasedMilanFan3
animal.crackers
36 posters

Page 4 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down

Which Country Produces the best players in specific positions? - Page 4 Empty Re: Which Country Produces the best players in specific positions?

Post by rwo power Fri May 04, 2012 12:41 am

Hm. I remember some English pundit before the WC2010 who said that none of the German players would make the English NT. I think certain posters here are risking to fall into the same trap by the silly 1:1 comparisons.

rwo power
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Back to top Go down

Which Country Produces the best players in specific positions? - Page 4 Empty Re: Which Country Produces the best players in specific positions?

Post by Le Samourai Fri May 04, 2012 12:43 am

rwo power wrote:Hm. I remember some English pundit before the WC2010 who said that none of the German players would make the English NT. I think certain posters here are risking to fall into the same trap by the silly 1:1 comparisons.

When I saw Marin>Munain my blood literally began boiling.
Le Samourai
Le Samourai
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by rwo power Fri May 04, 2012 12:50 am

Le Samourai wrote:
rwo power wrote:Hm. I remember some English pundit before the WC2010 who said that none of the German players would make the English NT. I think certain posters here are risking to fall into the same trap by the silly 1:1 comparisons.

Mine did at "Spanish Midfield >>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Germany" :coffee:
rwo power
rwo power
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Club Supported : Asante Kotoko

Back to top Go down

Post by Le Samourai Fri May 04, 2012 12:53 am

rwo power wrote:
Le Samourai wrote:

Mine did at "Spanish Midfield >>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Germany" :coffee:

Clearly you didn't see the earlier Spanish Goalkeepers > German Goalkeepers comment :coffee:
Le Samourai
Le Samourai
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by rwo power Fri May 04, 2012 12:57 am

Well, I stated my point about the German goalkeepers; it won't get truer if I repeat it. Fortunately I know what the German guys can do as I see them often enough in the BL. If the people who doubt them don't watch them, I can't help it and they will learn to appreciate them when their teams run into them. ^^

The midfield thing on the other hand was fresher Very Happy
rwo power
rwo power
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by animal.crackers Fri May 04, 2012 1:02 am

I can't even believe that these Germans think they have better midfielders than Spain.

You can find a good midfielder playing in a park in Spain Razz. That's how hot that export this is.
animal.crackers
animal.crackers
Starlet
Starlet

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by Sushi Master Fri May 04, 2012 2:04 am

Spain has better flair midfielders than Germany, but in deeper roles Germany completely owns Spain. Spain has Busquets, Martinez and an ageing Alonso. That's it.

Germany has Schweinsteiger, bi-Benders, Khedira, Kroos, Gündogan and Rolfes.

Once Xavi retires, Germany can catch up to Spain's midfield, IMO.
Sushi Master
Sushi Master
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Chelsea

Back to top Go down

Post by kiranr Fri May 04, 2012 2:19 am

Don't Spanish midfield and German midfield have different styles?

On the whole, i think Spain's midfield is better than any other country at the moment. Germany and italy are not far behind, definitely. But Spain has the edge.
kiranr
kiranr
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by Sushi Master Fri May 04, 2012 2:40 am

kiranr wrote:

On the whole, i think Spain's midfield is better than any other country at the moment. Germany and italy are not far behind, definitely. But Spain has the edge.
They do, but the fact is Spain that is doomed to play a single playing style, while Germany can play good possession football apart from their standard counter attacking game if needed.

That sort of flexibility I rate highly, because honestly Spain can bore me to death.

Plus, England beat them and all :coffee:
Sushi Master
Sushi Master
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Le Samourai Fri May 04, 2012 2:44 am

Sushi Master wrote:
kiranr wrote:

They do, but the fact is Spain that is doomed to play a single playing style, while Germany can play good possession football apart from their standard counter attacking game if needed.

That sort of flexibility I rate highly, because honestly Spain can bore me to death.

-----Javi---Xabi-----
Navas-Cesc----Mata
-------Llorente----

Since we're talking flexibility :coffee:
Le Samourai
Le Samourai
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Sushi Master Fri May 04, 2012 2:47 am

Le Samourai wrote:
Sushi Master wrote:
kiranr wrote:

-----Javi---Xabi-----
Navas-Cesc----Mata
-------Llorente----

No bench options for your CMs apart from Busquets.

I'd also lawl at Spain trying to grind out results. It's not happening. Their way of grinding is slow, monotonous safe passes.
Sushi Master
Sushi Master
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Le Samourai Fri May 04, 2012 2:52 am

Sushi Master wrote:
Le Samourai wrote:
Sushi Master wrote:
kiranr wrote:

-----Javi---Xabi-----
Navas-Cesc----Mata
-------Llorente----

I'd also lawl at Spain trying to grind out results. It's not happening. Their way of grinding is slow, monotonous safe passes.

Bruno,Thiago, Ignacio Camacho, Illrasmedi,Iturraspe, Senna,Borja,Javi Fuego etc etc....what makes Bender brothers , Rofles and Gudogan better than these guys?

That team wouldn't grind out results lol.They'd rip people apart.
Le Samourai
Le Samourai
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Sushi Master Fri May 04, 2012 3:00 am

Le Samourai wrote:
Sushi Master wrote:
Le Samourai wrote:
Sushi Master wrote:
kiranr wrote:

-----Javi---Xabi-----
Navas-Cesc----Mata
-------Llorente----

Bruno,Thiago, Ignacio Camacho, Illrasmedi,Iturraspe, Senna,Borja,Javi Fuego etc etc....what makes Bender brothers , Rofles and Gudogan better than these guys?

That team wouldn't grind out results lol.They'd rip people apart.
Senna was boss... like 5 years ago. Yeah, Borja's good.

The rest haven't even been called up Laughing.

My point is Germany's midfield can play multiple styles even though it's not as "good".

This debate will be settled in the Eurocup, anyways.
Sushi Master
Sushi Master
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Le Samourai Fri May 04, 2012 3:08 am

People failing to address the thread though.

Which country produces the best players at each position.....

You say we have no good replacements for those 2 guys (one of whom is a sub anyway I just inserted him to show versatility).

Well....I can name

Bruno
Javi Fuego
Camacho
Borja
Thiago
Arteta

It's not like these guys are inferior to the guys you listed.They just don't get called up because there's no space on the squad for them.

Ours can play multiple styles as well...(not even the point of the thread to be fair).Probably not with Xavi on the field , but the lineup I put out certainly wouldn't have more than 60% posession.
Le Samourai
Le Samourai
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Sushi Master Fri May 04, 2012 3:24 am

I don't know, I just don't wank over the Spain NT as much as most people do. They are a very good team, yeah, but GOAT material or anything as hilarious as that.

NT football has declined drastically and Spain had some extremely mehtastic displays, although this includes everyone. The 2010 Cup was shite apart from a few teams.

After the Xavi and Puyol era, Spain will be going back a step, IMO.

Oh, on topic:
Italy: Defenders and creative midfielders, although not lately. Talent slump.
France: Very balanced guys including both physique and technique. I personally love French defenders. Henry :bow:
Brazil: Everything, but of course no one does the attacking players like they do.
Germany: Determined workhorses with extreme mental attributes.
Argentina: Lately, all attack and 0 defense.
Holland: Very tactical and flashy midfielders.
England: All grit. Usually has a solid defense. Loves them wingers.
Sushi Master
Sushi Master
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Lord Awesome Fri May 04, 2012 3:37 am

This is how I see it:

Italy: Technique/Defence/Goalkeepers
Spain: Technique/Offensive Midfielders/Technical Forwards
France: Technique/Physcality/Defensive Midfielders
Portugal: Technique/Offensive Wingers/Physical Midfielders
Germany: Physical/Goalkeepers/Balanced Players
Holland: Attack Minded/Technical/Physically Well Rounded
England: Physical/Defensive Minded/Fast Players
Brazil: Technical/Dribblers/Attack Minded Players
Argentina: Technical/Attack Minded/Tough and Physical Players
Lord Awesome
Lord Awesome
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Roma

Back to top Go down

Post by juventus101 Fri May 04, 2012 5:40 am

dnmac4 wrote:
juventus101 wrote:Comparing Spain and Germanys midfielders by similar players:

Schweinsteiger > Xavi
Ozil > Iniesta
(Tho together Xaviniesta have the advantage but individually i think the Germans are better.)
Kroos = Fabregas
Khedira < Alonso
Benders < Busquets
Podolski > Mata
Muller > Pedro
Gotze > Borja
Schurrle = Navas
Reus > Cazorla albino
Holtby < Silva
Marin = Munian

Then theres still others but not really big names so i left them out, these are the big players.

This has to be up there for the most biased post of the year doesn't it?

I mean it's not like Xavi and Iniesta have gone directly through Schweinsteiger and Ozil for the World Cup and Euro's or anything like that.

And then Marin = Munian not in this lifetime. I mean wasn't it yesterday that all these Germany fans were telling us that Marin to Chelsea (for a whopping 8 mill) was a bad move and he would succeed in the EPL? And how he doesn't live up to his talent and sits the bench for Werder and now we are comparing him to Munian who any big team would cut the right arm off to have.

The thought of Munian being sold for 8 mill is just laughable.

Also Kroos and Fab. I mean Kroos is a nice player and looks to be entering the prime of his career and really taking off but he hasn't been anywhere close to Fab yet. Just because Fab didn't play in the EPL this year doesn't mean you just get to disrespect him.

I mean this post is just all sorts of wrong. Not to mention Podolski and Muller are midfielders now, are we stretching the list out a little here to keep up?

Spain beat Germany twice. Once thanks to Torres being faster than Lahm, and once thanks to a Puyol header. And Spain won the mdfield battle but just barely and considering Spains Xavi, Iniesta, Alonso, and Fabregas outnumber Germanys Schwejnsteiger, Khedira and Ballack, Frings 4 to 2 on both occasions, id say Spain better be winning the midfielde battle cuz if theyre not then theres something wrong. 4 v 2, the team with 4 should be coming on top. No shame for the 2.

Marin has had a bad 2 seasons, but he, along with Pizarro, are the only players worth a damn in that Bremen attack. Every team knows that so they try to shut him down as hes the sole creative threat, and they do. When he has other good players supporting him, such as when Ozil was at Bremen with him, hes shown that he can do extremely well and was wanted by alot of clubs as well. So Munian is on great form and emerging as a big player, but just because Marin is off form and isolated as the sole creative threat at Bremen, doesnt mean Marin isnt quality. So right now Munian is better, but if Marin had Bilbao supporting him, i think hed do just as well.

Kroos has emerged this season as one of the best midfielders in the entire world, and is on the same level as Fabregas at this point. Theres no denying that in my opinion.

And Podolski and Muller are no more forwards than Pedro and Mata, who i compared them to. Both the spaniards play in the frontlines of a 433 for club. But all 4 of these guys play as wingers for their national teams, and therefore are midfielders.
juventus101
juventus101
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by rwo power Fri May 04, 2012 9:12 am

Lord Hispano wrote:This is how I see it:

Italy: Technique/Defence/Goalkeepers
Spain: Technique/Offensive Midfielders/Technical Forwards
France: Technique/Physcality/Defensive Midfielders
Portugal: Technique/Offensive Wingers/Physical Midfielders
Germany: Physical/Goalkeepers/Balanced Players
Holland: Attack Minded/Technical/Physically Well Rounded
England: Physical/Defensive Minded/Fast Players
Brazil: Technical/Dribblers/Attack Minded Players
Argentina: Technical/Attack Minded/Tough and Physical Players
Germany and no technical players nowadays? Where have you been?
rwo power
rwo power
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Kick Fri May 04, 2012 10:04 am

Germany and Italy for GK and Defs.

Mids would have to be Spain and Brazil.

Argie and Brazil for strikers.
Kick
Kick
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by VivaStPauli Fri May 04, 2012 10:21 am

So I'll just kick off my shoes, put my feet up, have a brew, and wait until the Euros are over and everybody is throwing money at young German forwards and mids? :coffee:

(Still not saying they're better than Spain, but "Spain >>>>>>>>>>> Germany" hurt my feelings long time.)
VivaStPauli
VivaStPauli
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : FC St. Pauli

Back to top Go down

Post by vizkosity Fri May 04, 2012 11:18 pm

deadrave wrote:greece and no one
At least you got a Euro
What did vietnam ever get T_T
vizkosity
vizkosity
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Marseille

Back to top Go down

Post by S32TABLANCA Fri May 04, 2012 11:21 pm

Greece >.<

While I immensely respect them for their incredible achievement, I really hate the Greek football team. Broke my heart so many times Evil or Very Mad I wont forget that last minute goal in the last round of qualifying matches. Sad
S32TABLANCA
S32TABLANCA
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by vizkosity Fri May 04, 2012 11:28 pm

S32TABLANCA wrote:Greece >.<

While I immensely respect them for their incredible achievement, I really hate the Greek football team. Broke my heart so many times Evil or Very Mad I wont forget that last minute goal in the last round of qualifying matches. Sad

that will always go into history. You've achieved something that england will always DREAM about.

I'd be happy for eternity if vietnam can EVER get to play in WC :I
most of us just support koreans/japanese as they represent asians T_T

feel so depressing lol
vizkosity
vizkosity
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by S32TABLANCA Fri May 04, 2012 11:34 pm

vizkosity wrote:

that will always go into history. You've achieved something that england will always DREAM about.

feel so depressing lol

Wait, what? I come from a county that has never even finished 3rd last in a qualifying group, yet alone play in the WC. The only historic thing we've done was lose 12-1 to Spain.

If its a consolation to you, we also support various different nations. Its the plight of all small countries in the world Laughing
S32TABLANCA
S32TABLANCA
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by vizkosity Fri May 04, 2012 11:44 pm

S32TABLANCA wrote:
vizkosity wrote:

feel so depressing lol

Wait, what? I come from a county that has never even finished 3rd last in a qualifying group, yet alone play in the WC. The only historic thing we've done was lose 12-1 to Spain.

If its a consolation to you, we also support various different nations. Its the plight of all small countries in the world Laughing

oh, i mean greece lol. Ignore my mistake Smile
But yea, it's aweful :[
vizkosity
vizkosity
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Lord Awesome Sat May 05, 2012 6:58 am

rwo power wrote:Germany and no technical players nowadays? Where have you been.

I said they were balanced. *turns awat looks towards Rwo & presses index fingers against each other*
Lord Awesome
Lord Awesome
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Roma

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next