Wenger - Supporters have been ‘remarkable’

+4
Amar
Wilson37
Jay29
Arsenal4Eternity_dennab
8 posters

Go down

Wenger - Supporters have been ‘remarkable’ Empty Wenger - Supporters have been ‘remarkable’

Post by Arsenal4Eternity_dennab Sun May 06, 2012 11:05 pm

Arsène Wenger has hailed the “remarkable and outstanding” support his side have received at Emirates Stadium this season.

Every Premier League game at the venue during the 2011/12 campaign has sold out its home allocation, as did three of the five Champions League matches. In the Carling Cup, Wenger’s side commanded an average attendance of more than 54,000.

The Arsenal faithful have been a driving force behind their side's improved form since February, a fact that has not been lost on the manager.

“I felt at the start of the season it was difficult for us and at some stages when you are really in trouble, everybody got on board and supported the team,” Wenger told Arsenal Player.

“People are intelligent and they understood that when we were 17th or 16th in the league it could really all go wrong. From then on I felt that people at the Emirates were absolutely remarkable.

“Again in the last game against Chelsea where we were a bit in trouble, they were stood like one man behind the team. We have to be grateful this season because our fans have been remarkable.

“The Spurs game was especially good I think, we were 2-0 down and they stood behind the team. In that game they had a fantastic input and a fantastic influence.

“The Milan game they were great as well. I was so angry after the game that we could not give them this fourth goal because they were absolutely outstanding. They were two great days for us and overall I believe that typifies what our fans have done this season.”

Thoughts?
Arsenal4Eternity_dennab
Arsenal4Eternity_dennab
Prospect
Prospect

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Wenger - Supporters have been ‘remarkable’ Empty Re: Wenger - Supporters have been ‘remarkable’

Post by Jay29 Sun May 06, 2012 11:36 pm

The supporters have had their fair share of bad moments this season. Remember when Chamberlain was subbed against Man Utd and the crowd boo'd and chanted "you don't know what you're doing"?.

Not to mention that at the start of the season, there were frequent chants of "spend some *bleep* money" and "we want Wenger out".

It wasn't until after all those signings were made that the crowd got behind the team.

The Emirates crowd has been louder and more supportive this season, most likely because the team has had to be respond to more adversity this year, and that's resulted in more hard-working performances and more comebacks. Crowds will always respond to those sorts of things.

Jay29
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Sevilla

Back to top Go down

Wenger - Supporters have been ‘remarkable’ Empty Re: Wenger - Supporters have been ‘remarkable’

Post by Wilson37 Mon May 07, 2012 5:43 am

Yeah.. Its in these last few months we feel that we are playing at home..
Wilson37
Wilson37
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Amar Mon May 07, 2012 5:56 am

Probably cause the team has bigger balls this year. We had a soft mentality these past couple of years, and this is really the first time in a while the team feels more mature.

Amar
Amar
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Sri Mon May 07, 2012 8:29 am

Amar wrote:Probably cause the team has bigger balls this year. We had a soft mentality these past couple of years, and this is really the first time in a while the team feels more mature.

And yet we have the same shameful complacence. :coffee:

Sri
Wer ko, der ko

Club Supported : RO Blank

Back to top Go down

Post by urbaNRoots Mon May 07, 2012 8:32 am

Supporters at home haven't been that good tbh, they only react when we score a goal - when we are losing they are horrible. On the other hand our away fans are gods.

And I'm glad that we are playing WBA away so I can't hear the boos when they realize that Ramsey is playing or their cheering when Ramsey gets subbed.
urbaNRoots
urbaNRoots
First of his name

Back to top Go down

Post by Raptorgunner Mon May 07, 2012 2:31 pm

I know deep down Wenger does not mean this, this season the fans have behaved real bad and at times. I dont think they can be blamed but at times they did go too far and I hope that never happens again.

Raptorgunner
Raptorgunner
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by TalkingReckless Mon May 07, 2012 4:06 pm

At times our fans have been as bad as the time they booed and made Eboue cry.
TalkingReckless
TalkingReckless
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down