Onyx
Omniscient
EarlyPrototype
shaven
Giovanni10
13 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

So far, we've managed to buy a few players Empty So far, we've managed to buy a few players

Post by Guest Thu Jun 23, 2011 8:20 pm

... rumored to be buying several others. But haven't been able to sell anyone.

It's interesting because we must feel that the loss in transfer value for the players we want to sell would be less than our gain in transfer value for the players we're looking to buy.

The reason i say this is that, by holding on to all our players, we don't seem to need to buy anyone. So, we're negotiating in a position of strength from that standpoint.

However, once we make all our purchases, it will be obvious that we need to sell some players. Other clubs will know this. As such, our negotiations are weakened here.

This is true if all the deal are still truly in flux. There may be a few cases where we've already agreed to buy/sell players, but are just not announcing it officially.

Very different approach to the transfer market this year by Madrid. A lot less publicity driven and far more strategic. I like it a lot.

Last edited by sportsczy on Thu Jun 23, 2011 8:28 pm; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

So far, we've managed to buy a few players Empty Re: So far, we've managed to buy a few players

Post by Giovanni10 Thu Jun 23, 2011 8:25 pm

Yup, I have too noticed this phenomenon, but you put it perfectly into words. My only concern is that we bloat the squad and then we have to clear out quickly at the end of pre-season.. and I will be pissed if we players like Lass and Pedro Leon go on the cheap.
Giovanni10
Giovanni10
Starlet
Starlet

Club Supported : AC Milan

http://newsfromthelogcabin.wordpress.com

Back to top Go down

So far, we've managed to buy a few players Empty Re: So far, we've managed to buy a few players

Post by shaven Thu Jun 23, 2011 8:41 pm

i dont hate change but constant change isnt good. so ill just wait til the transfer is over. i still believe in continuity, development and chemistry! mostly i find the failure of players in madrid as a madrid failure. specifically with mou right now
shaven
shaven
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Jun 23, 2011 8:46 pm

Mou is shaping the club to his liking this summer. He didn't really get a chance last summer with Valdano still here. I can tolerate a lot of changes this summer and not see it as a club failure for this reason... but if we make massive changes next summer, then Madrid has not evolved at all unfortunately.

But we are buying very young players as opposed to "galacticos". so there's already a change in strategy geared towards continuity it seems.

Back to top Go down

Post by EarlyPrototype Thu Jun 23, 2011 8:49 pm

I kinda like this transfer window it allows us to discuss things for example we don't know if its Neymar or Aguero or maybe even both coming. Higuain or Benz leaving?
Coentrao going RB? Ramos CB?

I agree with Shaven though I too believe in continuity that is one of Barcas main strengths.
EarlyPrototype
EarlyPrototype
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by Omniscient Thu Jun 23, 2011 9:06 pm

I'm not a fan of the Madrid transfers so far. So far, it seems that mediocre squad players are coming in to replace mediocre squad players who are leaving.

I mean, Altintop for Lass? Callejon for Pedro Leon? Varane for Garay? Some of these signings are just unnecessary.

Altintop isn't as good as Lass, and he can't play that 'holding' role, at best Altintop would be a Granero alternative option.

Callejon makes the least sense. Madrid weren't lacking in forwards last season, even with Pedro Leon being as useful as a used tampon. Especially with the anticipated switch to 4-3-3, Callejon just becomes redundant.

Omniscient
Starlet
Starlet

Club Supported : TSV 1860 Munich

Back to top Go down

Post by shaven Thu Jun 23, 2011 9:18 pm

Omniscient wrote:I'm not a fan of the Madrid transfers so far. So far, it seems that mediocre squad players are coming in to replace mediocre squad players who are leaving.

I mean, Altintop for Lass? Callejon for Pedro Leon? Varane for Garay? Some of these signings are just unnecessary.

Altintop isn't as good as Lass, and he can't play that 'holding' role, at best Altintop would be a Granero alternative option.

Callejon makes the least sense. Madrid weren't lacking in forwards last season, even with Pedro Leon being as useful as a used tampon. Especially with the anticipated switch to 4-3-3, Callejon just becomes redundant.

+1 rep to this guy

i think the leon's relationship with mou is the problem why we did signed callejon.
i do agree with most f your points. varane? altintop? callejon?
granero is a back up player who showed improvement last season so why do we need to have an alternative for him. it will hinder his continuous growth.
varane though if we signed him and loaned out is ok, bit to play for us next season. no thank you. pls madrid you can do better than that.
shaven
shaven
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by shaven Thu Jun 23, 2011 9:20 pm

plus the ceontrao..

if we need to strengthen our defense why not just get a stronger CB
rather than putting ramos there and replacing with untrusted rb. if this happen though
shaven
shaven
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Onyx Thu Jun 23, 2011 9:24 pm

All the signings so far have been unnecessary apart from Sahin. We don't need Coentrao either. If we need a RB we should go for someone like Van der Wiel, Srna, Maggio etc.

Onyx
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Jun 23, 2011 9:25 pm

Admittedly, the last place i thought we would focus most of our efforts would be the forwards and LB position... head scratcher there.

I also thought that getting a WC CB was one of our top priorities. I keep saying this: Ramos can be a WC RB when he's concentrating. He just has lapses against weaker opponents. Even when he's not WC, he's certainly not that bad.

Sahin was the perfect signing however. That one was very well done.

But i think Madrid needs to make a big name splash in the transfer market from a psychological standpoint lol. In all seriousness, i think it's more of a marketing play to have a new big name every year. It doesn't always make great sense from a football standpoint... but it allows us to turn in the profits that we do from a merchandising and publicity one.

Last edited by sportsczy on Thu Jun 23, 2011 9:27 pm; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Post by Onyx Thu Jun 23, 2011 9:26 pm

Ramos is better at CB imo. He has every quality to succeed there.

Onyx
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Babun Fri Jun 24, 2011 1:12 am

Now, we need to sell first Very Happy
Babun
Babun
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Onyx Fri Jun 24, 2011 1:27 am

Garay loan/sold, Lass, Gago, Canales loan, Pedro Leon and Benzema if Aguero arrives.

Onyx
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Seppuku Fri Jun 24, 2011 1:39 am

You lot are forgettin Drenthe...
Seppuku
Seppuku
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by Babun Fri Jun 24, 2011 1:45 am

How small is the squad, right now? Very Happy
Babun
Babun
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by VanDeezNuts Fri Jun 24, 2011 10:10 pm

so what is the deal with the supposed transfers? i feel like it has stalled, a week ago people were saying in days aguero, fabio, and neymar would be signed.

i come back to the forums and it seems the same discussions remain.

VanDeezNuts
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : FC Basel

Back to top Go down

Post by Onyx Sat Jun 25, 2011 3:48 am

Yeh usually the big transfers drag on.

Onyx
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by adnyana179 Sat Jun 25, 2011 3:50 am

deezydeez wrote:so what is the deal with the supposed transfers? i feel like it has stalled, a week ago people were saying in days aguero, fabio, and neymar would be signed.

i come back to the forums and it seems the same discussions remain.

I've been mostly out of the section for the past week, and yeah, things are basically where I left off (except for Varane). I still believe some of those players will be signed, but don't expect them to be wrapped up so soon. Circle talk is all too common.
adnyana179
adnyana179
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Doc Mon Jun 27, 2011 5:05 pm

As MT wrote, big transfers take time especially when there is more than one party interested in the player (Aguero).

Do I believe anyone of the supposed rumours to turn out true, nope. I just want Neymar and Aguero to come because I have a bet with Hala about Aguero and just to see him bad mouth them when they both have bad matches in a Real shirt.

Twisted Evil
Doc
Doc
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by I-no Mon Jun 27, 2011 5:06 pm

Doc wrote:As MT wrote, big transfers take time especially when there is more than one party interested in the player (Aguero).

Do I believe anyone of the supposed rumours to turn out true, nope. I just want Neymar and Aguero to come because I have a bet with Hala about Aguero and just to see him bad mouth them when they both have bad matches in a Real shirt.

Twisted Evil
leave real madrid out of your dispute. I want everyone to perform well............. bounce
I-no
I-no
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by Doc Mon Jun 27, 2011 5:16 pm

I-no wrote:
leave real madrid out of your dispute. I want everyone to perform well............. bounce

Luckily, I have no bearings on what Real Madrid does, you know, don't work there. Just a mere humble fan who wants to see my fellow posters (the certain ones) cringe while Neymar and Aguero hugs Casillas when celebrating a goal...
Doc
Doc
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by The Madrid One Mon Jun 27, 2011 6:24 pm

it is obvious to me now that aguero is not coming.
The Madrid One
The Madrid One
"Imaybeonthesideoftheangels..."

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Jun 27, 2011 8:52 pm

TMo... how is it obvious? He's not at all freaked out about his future... everything is calm around him. About the only thing you hear is the Italian paper, not one of the Spanish ones, talking about how desperate Juve is to sign him. If you follow Juve at all, they've been connected to probably every player in the planet so far. So that means absolutely nothing. And they're not even willing to go up to 45 million.

If Madrid hadn't already struck a deal, you would see a whole lot more crying from the Aguero camp... same goes for Coentrao.

Btw, i don't think Chelsea can afford both Coentrao and Falcao. They are financially very badly off right now. In fact, i'm not sure how they can afford one of them tbh.

Back to top Go down

Post by Onyx Mon Jun 27, 2011 8:58 pm

Both us and Juventus are interested in him and Aguero wants to leave.

Onyx
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Jun 27, 2011 9:01 pm

mtfootball wrote:Both us and Juventus are interested in him and Aguero wants to leave.

If Juve was truly there, they wouldn't say they have 35 million alloted to him and you would hear more from Spanish papers + Aguero. So far, it's only Juve and the Italian papers expressing their desire to buy Aguero. Again, juve has been associated with everyone this year. They're a bit desperate and they have no CL.

I really, really doubt Juve happens unless they decide to pay 45 million cash AND Aguero is open to it. You realize that it's not enough to trigger the clause... all it does is that the power shifts to the player. The player then can decide whether to accept the transaction.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next