Gli Azzurri-Italian National Team Thread

4 posters

Go down

Gli Azzurri-Italian National Team Thread Empty Gli Azzurri-Italian National Team Thread

Post by Juveman17 Wed May 09, 2012 12:40 am

Hey guys,

I think we should have a thread dedicated to the Italian National Team to discuss all the news going on about them. Mention young prospects, Juventus players, predictions, etc.

What place do you think Italy will finish in this years Euro 2012?

I believe that Italia can make it to the Quarter-Finals realistically, and optimistically i believe they can make the finals. What do you think?
Juveman17
Juveman17
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Fulham

https://www.youtube.com/user/juveman176

Back to top Go down

Gli Azzurri-Italian National Team Thread Empty Re: Gli Azzurri-Italian National Team Thread

Post by DeviAngel Wed May 09, 2012 12:48 am

I love Italy Smile I am Italy fan Very Happy
DeviAngel
DeviAngel
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Gli Azzurri-Italian National Team Thread Empty Re: Gli Azzurri-Italian National Team Thread

Post by Juveman17 Wed May 09, 2012 12:50 am

DeviAngel wrote:I love Italy Smile I am Italy fan Very Happy

Very Happy Thumbs up
Juveman17
Juveman17
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Juveman17 Wed May 09, 2012 1:53 am

Mario Balotelli has been assured of his place in the Italian squad for Euro 2012. The controversial striker, who lines out for Manchester City, is a figure of much discussion following a long list of regrettable incidents both on and off the pitch, most recently a red card against Arsenal and his future in the national squad had been in some doubt. However, manager Cesare Prandelli has said that Balotelli place is safe.

“Have I made peace with Balotelli? Yes although to be honest we never argued in the first place.” Prandelli told RAI television.

“I never thought of doing without Balotelli, as he is a firm point of the Nazionale.”

The 54 year-old manager also gave assurance to Antonio Cassano about his place in the squad as he continues his comeback from heart surgery.

“We can recover him and his enthusiasm is contagious. I need Cassano.” Prandelli added that he didn’t think he would need to call on the older warriors of Italian football, but conceded he may do so in an emergency.

“Francesco Totti and Alessandro Del Piero? If I should find myself in an emergency situation with the team, then I would call upon the old champions but I have a project for Italy and it involves young players.

"We will evaluate some new faces ahead of the Euros. I called up Borini last time, so the youngsters can absolutely dream of a place in the tournament.”
Juveman17
Juveman17
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by zarola Wed May 09, 2012 2:18 am

I think if Prandelli is serious about starting a new, young Italy... Santon, El Shaarawy and Poli should all be in the squad, whereas Balzaretti and Cassani should piss off.

Do I trust Balotelli at this point ? ugh I'd say yes, but he likes to help out the team, and Prandelli will want him to help out the team. If he puts in one wrong tackle, it's Balotelli, the refs feel less pressured and just instantly give him a yellow.... so I think it's very risky. Then again, we have no real goal scorer. I don't like Osvaldo, I'd prefer Borini in that aspect.

I think Italy can go all the way because we have the defense to do so, we don't really need to score goals, we can pick up a flimsy one here or there off a corner or something. My biggest fear, and no offense to you Juve fans, is Bonucci starting (I'd fear Ranocchia starting too don't worry). Not national team quality, and too prone to mistakes, something we can't afford if we don't have the attack to back it up. Pirlo is reinspired, I expect him to do well. Nocerino has done well in champions league and can be a good back up or a starter. Marchisio has been decent, Motta was good in Serie A I don't know how he's doing now.

I would be confident in Quagliarella starting all matches, even Di Natale, but I don't expect either to be called up just due to form and age respectively.
zarola
zarola
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by Juveman17 Wed May 09, 2012 2:22 am

zarola wrote:I think if Prandelli is serious about starting a new, young Italy... Santon, El Shaarawy and Poli should all be in the squad, whereas Balzaretti and Cassani should piss off.

Do I trust Balotelli at this point ? ugh I'd say yes, but he likes to help out the team, and Prandelli will want him to help out the team. If he puts in one wrong tackle, it's Balotelli, the refs feel less pressured and just instantly give him a yellow.... so I think it's very risky. Then again, we have no real goal scorer. I don't like Osvaldo, I'd prefer Borini in that aspect.

I think Italy can go all the way because we have the defense to do so, we don't really need to score goals, we can pick up a flimsy one here or there off a corner or something. My biggest fear, and no offense to you Juve fans, is Bonucci starting (I'd fear Ranocchia starting too don't worry). Not national team quality, and too prone to mistakes, something we can't afford if we don't have the attack to back it up. Pirlo is reinspired, I expect him to do well. Nocerino has done well in champions league and can be a good back up or a starter. Marchisio has been decent, Motta was good in Serie A I don't know how he's doing now.

I would be confident in Quagliarella starting all matches, even Di Natale, but I don't expect either to be called up just due to form and age respectively.

Agree on many points. The young players must be brought and played. Definitely should drop players like Cassani and Blazaretti. They are decent at best. Criscito should also be brought he is good and i really hope Cassano does well. He is Italy's spark in the offense third him and Balotelli would make a good combo.
Juveman17
Juveman17
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Juveman17 Wed May 09, 2012 2:23 am

Also I want a Barzagli Cheillini CB with Abate and Criscito on the backs.
Juveman17
Juveman17
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Luca Wed May 09, 2012 2:36 am

My biggest concern is the attacking midfield (trequartista) position.
I pray that Montolivo isn't holding down this position.

Giovinco, Cassano and Balotelli should be the top three attackers, with the first two names capable of playing the TQR role.

I'd rather see something like:

Giovinco-Balotelli-Cassano
Marchisio-Pirlo-DDR
Criscito-Chiellini-Barzagli-Maggio
Buffon

Abandon the 4-3-1-2, I think this is a very functional line up, as Giovinco/Cassano are capable of dropping back and inside and Balotelli has good enough work rate to hold down the center.

I don't really want to see Di Natale, I would love to see Quagliarella, Del Piero and the young players that zarola pointed out.

Would much rather have Poli on the bench then Montolivo/Aquilani

Luca
J Council Master

Back to top Go down

Post by Juveman17 Wed May 09, 2012 3:31 am

My ideal team would be this

Buffon
Criscito Chiellini Barzagli Abate
Marchisio Pirlo Nocerino
Giovinco
Cassano Balotelli

I favor the 4-3-1-2. By the way who is DDR? Sorry for the stupid question Very Happy
Juveman17
Juveman17
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Luca Wed May 09, 2012 3:49 am

Daniele De Rossi

Luca
J Council Master

Back to top Go down

Post by Juveman17 Wed May 09, 2012 3:53 am

Luca wrote:Daniele De Rossi
ah i must have lost my mind on that one then since he is a CDM, it will be like Juve all over again.
Juveman17
Juveman17
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Juveman17 Thu May 10, 2012 3:08 am

ITALY COACH Cesare Prandelli is not expecting his team to feature at the business end of Euro 2012.
Injuries and form slumps will see several of Italy’s best players missing from the provisional 30-man squad for this year’s tournament when it is named on Sunday. The Azzuri must negotiate a group including Ireland, led by former national coach Giovanni Trapattoni, of course.
Villarreal striker Giuseppe Rossi succumbed to a knee injury while Milan’s Antonio Cassano has only recently returned to the field following heart surgery.
“Our potential has been decreased by 50%, but I’m not worried and I’ll have to improvise,” he told Corriere della Sera. ”Our desire to surprise has to be stronger than our difficulties. We shouldn’t forget that you can find some nice surprises in the most difficult moments.
“We have the time to prepare for our first game against Spain. Even if the fact that Barcelona and Real Madrid didn’t make the Champions League final makes Spain more dangerous.
“Croatia are a tough team too, with a very competitive midfield and attack. They’ll be a hard obstacle to get over. Then there is Giovanni Trapattoni’s Ireland.”
Prandelli indicated that wayward Manchester City striker Mario Balotelli was likely to make the squad, though he ruled out call-ups for experienced attackers Alessandro Del Piero and Francesco Totti. Cassano and Udinese veteran Antonio Di Natale are also expected to make the cut.
“There will not be any surprises in the squad. Totti and Del Piero? Like I’ve said before, I’ll only consider them in an emergency,” he said. ”I prefer to give younger players such as Roma’s Fabio Borini a chance.
“Cassano has proved that he loves the national shirt and he did all that he could to recover full fitness as soon as possible. He put pressure on the medics so that he could return to give us a helping hand.
“I’ll challenge anyone to argue that Toto Di Natale doesn’t deserve the national side. He’s scored almost 100 goals in three years and he can help us. Balotelli can’t afford to make any more mistakes, but I’m confident that he won’t. We need to give players with talent an extra chance and there’s no doubt that he’s a special talent.
“I disagree with anyone who argues that Toto Di Natale doesn’t deserve to be in the squad. He has scored almost 100 goals in three years and can be very helpful for us.”
Italy are drawn with Spain, Republic of Ireland and Croatia in Group C at Euro 2012.

http://www.thescore.ie/italy-ready-to-surprise-at-euro-2012-manager-cesare-prandelli-warns-445451-May2012/
Juveman17
Juveman17
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down