dostoevsky
Milantildeath
M99
24 posters

Page 1 of 10 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Go down

Arturo Vidal Empty Arturo Vidal

Post by M99 Fri Jun 24, 2011 9:28 am

Bayer Leverkusen sporting director Rudi Voller has stated that Serie A champions AC Milan have made a €10 million offer for highly-rated midfielder Arturo Vidal, but the Bundesliga side are holding out for a fee in the region of €15m.

Milan are eager to add a new midfielder to their squad because of the departure of Andrea Pirlo and have been linked with players such as Standard Liege's Axel Witsel and Fiorentina's Riccardo Montolivo in the past couple of months, but have now apparently set their sights on Vidal.

"We are keen to hold on to Arturo, but we could cash in on him if a big money offer from abroad comes in. AC Milan's €10m offer is not high enough for us, though," Voller said to Bild.

Voller's comments come as a surprise, after Milan CEO Adriano Galliani's earlier remarks that the club are not interested in signing the 24-year-old, but the Italian giants are apparently keen to keep their transfer plans under wraps in order to avoid alerting any rivals to their transfer targets.

Vidal has a contract until the summer of 2012 with Leverkusen and he is reluctant to sign a contract extension with the BayArena side.

The Chile international has also attracted the interest of clubs such as Napoli and Bayern Munich, and the player himself recently stated his desire to move to the Allianz Arena.

Well we offered 10 million for him, Neverkusen wants 15 million. He is a great player, was the best midfielder in Bundensliga after Sahin, getting him would be really great. I say give them the 15 million before Bayern does. Would be perfect for LCM. By the way, he is 1.81 m.
M99
M99
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Arturo Vidal Empty Re: Arturo Vidal

Post by Milantildeath Fri Jun 24, 2011 9:57 am

Vidal now, Ganso in January!
Milantildeath
Milantildeath
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by dostoevsky Fri Jun 24, 2011 10:38 am

I personally like Vidal and I'd have him to replace Flamini in our squad, however given the non-EU slot is not guaranteed to open up yet I'd be a tad hesitant to move until we have a deal on paper with Santos for Ganso, otherwise we may be left with our hands tied behind our back in the transfer market.

I know Leverkusen have to protect their interests and have the Champions League to think about, however 15 million is a bit steep for someone with one year remaining on their contract. Acquiring Poli cheaply in the aftermath of Sampdoria's relegation and bringing Ganso from Brazil are my two priorities in this market. I would count Vidal as a welcome bonus, however if Flamini can't move in the opposite direction or be moved on then our midfield is going to be too crowded. Players will already be starved of the game time they desire as it stands at the moment.
dostoevsky
dostoevsky
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by cripsy dipsy Fri Jun 24, 2011 11:28 am

no thanks ganso or nothing. by the way, if we get this vidal guy, then its bye bye to ganso Afro
cripsy dipsy
cripsy dipsy
Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by baresi Fri Jun 24, 2011 12:27 pm

I agree with dos, I've always wanted Poli as a priority, if one reason to keep the Italian structure of our team, I am not a big fan of the Italianism of AC Milan, but it's the policy and tradition of our team so we have to deal and live with it.

If we look at the Italian in our starting XI: Abbiati, Abate, Nesta; only three, and our subs are not young for us to say that we will start using them more often and prepare an Italian skeleton and the prema. players no matter how much hype is being associating their names are yet to prove them selves.
Subs: Antonini, Ambro (if he does'nt start), Cassano, Bonera (if he stays), Paloschi, Pippo, Zamb, Gattuso.

Poli might not be starter this coming season but by the end of next season he will surely find his spot in the starting XI. He along with Giovinco are the only two Italina that I've seen play and would like to have in Milan.
baresi
baresi
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by ciro1316 Fri Jun 24, 2011 2:01 pm

poli to milan will be great and the truth is ambro will start over van bommel with bommel and ambro switching up every third game gattuso will be there sub during games

ciro1316
Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by vu Fri Jun 24, 2011 2:13 pm

as already stated in some interviews, vidal prefers to stay in germany, but a move to bayern wont happen in a million years thanks to völler (oh, how i love that man Heart ) and any move to another german club is highly unlikely...

id be overjoyed to have a chilean in milan and vidal would be indeed the perfect fit to our three-man mid and his price at 15m is very fair compared to his value (in fact, its quite a bargain imo despite his expiring contract).
it would be such a perfect end to our long search for the mezz'alla, if not for his non-eu status....

i hope he ends either with us or napoli...

vu
Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by uzonero Fri Jun 24, 2011 2:14 pm

this is really crazy, how can a player in the final year of his contract cost that much?
I'd much rather have us focus our attention on ganso than spend some crazy cash on a chilean

c'mon, we ain't man city
uzonero
uzonero
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by uzonero Fri Jun 24, 2011 2:20 pm

anyone knows if we've been officially linked with poli?
uzonero
uzonero
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by M99 Fri Jun 24, 2011 2:24 pm

vu wrote:as already stated in some interviews, vidal prefers to stay in germany, but a move to bayern wont happen in a million years thanks to völler (oh, how i love that man Heart ) and any move to another german club is highly unlikely...

id be overjoyed to have a chilean in milan and vidal would be indeed the perfect fit to our three-man mid and his price at 15m is very fair compared to his value (in fact, its quite a bargain imo despite his expiring contract).
it would be such a perfect end to our long search for the mezz'alla, if not for his non-eu status....

i hope he ends either with us or napoli...

So you are uzomensano, I thought you were left behind Very Happy
M99
M99
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by dostoevsky Fri Jun 24, 2011 2:36 pm

15 million for Vidal wouldn't be a Manchester City type deal in that Vidal would actually address a major squad issue for the future - the age of our midfield and the lack of ready and apparent heirs- whilst bringing in someone who can feel reasonably confident they would soon be starting week in, week out. We also wouldn't be overpaying for Vidal's value, though the contract issue should be used in negotiation to push down the price, we're not a charity. I just don't think he should be our priority though given the effect Ganso might have on us. I'd take Vidal, if the appropriate space was made for him, however a player of his ilk is easier to find again.

I'd love to see Napoli surprise everyone in the Champions League, though they'd require one more source of creativity in midfield, however Vidal would be a true boost in quality.
dostoevsky
dostoevsky
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by IzzyC08 Fri Jun 24, 2011 3:10 pm

Wow we actually made a bid for him. I wasn't expecting that.
IzzyC08
IzzyC08
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Brigate Rossonere Sat Jun 25, 2011 5:33 am

If we do get him for 15m euro's (if we are allowed another non-EU spot or if Taiwo gets his passport) we will have done ourselves a very tidy piece of business.
Brigate Rossonere
Brigate Rossonere
Banned (Permanent)

Club Supported : Napoli

http://acmilan.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Jun 25, 2011 9:30 pm

Hmm, tobad boys seems like were about to sign Vidal, even tho it's a stupid move.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Jun 25, 2011 9:55 pm

Juventus have reportedly leapt ahead of Napoli and Milan by offering €15m for Bayer Leverkusen star Arturo Vidal.

The Chile international midfielder scored 10 goals in the Bundesliga this season and has already been linked with several Serie A sides this summer.

Milan and Napoli confirmed negotiations, but this evening Chilean sources claim Vidal’s agents met with Juve directors.

An offer of €15m is on the table to prise him away from Bayer Leverkusen.

“We do have a Plan B around Vidal, as we are already looking for his replacement,” conceded director of sport Rudi Voller.

“We have also decided to wait on the offers that have arrived, hoping Vidal can have a great Copa America with Chile so his price-tag can rise further.”

Back to top Go down

Post by Rossonero23 Sat Jun 25, 2011 10:00 pm

sciacca wrote:Hmm, tobad boys seems like were about to sign Vidal, even tho it's a stupid move.

Just like you were about to sign Rossi, Aguero, Sanchez, Inler ( LOL ), and Dzeko???? Razz Razz Razz
Rossonero23
Rossonero23
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Jun 25, 2011 11:31 pm

Rossonero23 wrote:
sciacca wrote:Hmm, tobad boys seems like were about to sign Vidal, even tho it's a stupid move.

Just like you were about to sign Rossi, Aguero, Sanchez, Inler ( LOL ), and Dzeko???? Razz Razz Razz

Who knows, Aguero might be coming... I doubt it. Close to Rossi? When? Close to Sanchez? When?

Back to top Go down

Post by Brigate Rossonere Sun Jun 26, 2011 12:22 am

Why would he go from a title challenging team to a mediocre middle table team who don't play in Europe? His current team just qualified for the UCL, 'boy'.
Brigate Rossonere
Brigate Rossonere
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by Vibe Sun Jun 26, 2011 12:31 am

He's basically a Boateng.And he can't moonwalk...

So in conclusion,poor mans Boateng.
Vibe
Vibe
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Inter Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Jun 26, 2011 12:34 am

Brigate Rossonere wrote:

Why would he go from a title challenging team to a mediocre middle table team who don't play in Europe? His current team just qualified for the UCL, 'boy'.

Don't know, I don't want him that's for sure. But then again, if he refuses Milan for us, that would be a big surprise, but then again It won't happen.

Back to top Go down

Post by baresi Sun Jun 26, 2011 1:39 am

sciacca wrote:
Brigate Rossonere wrote:

Don't know, I don't want him that's for sure. But then again, if he refuses Milan for us, that would be a big surprise, but then again It won't happen.
It totally makes sence if he refuses Milan for Juve, first Juve offered 15M against 10M from Milan so his club will care for the extra 5M, secondly in Milan he is not sure if he'll start or not, whereas in Juveis he is garanteed a starting spot and might be named captain aswell.
baresi
baresi
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by BiasedMilanFan3 Sun Jun 26, 2011 4:38 am

baresi wrote:
sciacca wrote:
Brigate Rossonere wrote:

It totally makes sence if he refuses Milan for Juve, first Juve offered 15M against 10M from Milan so his club will care for the extra 5M, secondly in Milan he is not sure if he'll start or not, whereas in Juveis he is garanteed a starting spot and might be named captain aswell.

yeahhhhh..nah

Vidal may not get a whole heap of time for us this season
But with Ambro, Gattuso, Seedorf and Van Bommel possibly leaving next year, he could easily get more time
BiasedMilanFan3
BiasedMilanFan3
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Brigate Rossonere Sun Jun 26, 2011 4:49 am

VibeTribe wrote:He's basically a Boateng.And he can't moonwalk...

So in conclusion,poor mans Boateng.

I would love to have another Boateng in the team. Such a contrast to the midfield we have grown used to over the last 5-10 years.

sciacca wrote:
Brigate Rossonere wrote:

He didn't refuse Milan. The president said the offer of 10m was too small which is fair enough. I don't think you have seen him play much if you rate him as lowly as you do.

He is far better than Inler that is for sure. But oh wait, even he didn't want to go to Juve. He has UCL clubs interested in him like Napoli and Inter...
Brigate Rossonere
Brigate Rossonere
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by Giancarlo Sun Jun 26, 2011 6:04 am

Vidal isn't a poor man's Boateng. And why on earth would he choose to go to a team like Juventus over Milan? That just blows the mind. Milan is a strong team with strong CL capability... Vidal would be fantastic for Milan. Milan is a far superior team then Juve, and we are better off. It doesn't surprise me that Juve fans thrive on rumor articles.

I'm sorry but the only strong teams are in Milan (and I will recognize Inter as the only other possible team that could get Vidal). I just don't see Juve competing with us in the transfer mercato. They don't stand a chance. We have all the leverage. We are a better team and we have a brighter future. We're the team that just won the league, and are favorites for next season.

But then again... how could he join Juve or Milan?

There are bureaucratic restrictions. Neither team can sign him. Chile isn't in the EU, Vidal doesn't have EU status, nor does Vidal qualify for EU status.

There is a chance, only Milan could sign him... if we get Taiwo's passport worked out... and the FIGC expands the restriction to two players.
Giancarlo
Giancarlo
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Jun 26, 2011 8:08 am

Anyways I aint even taking this rumour seriously nor do we need him. Juve need a regista vice Pirlo. By the way gian when did we thrive for those rumors. Sure exicement is normal however I don't fall for that none sense. As for the others, if they actually its going to happen then that's none sense. But as reports stand Juve are closer over Milan. As for him not having an EU passport I have to check dat up.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 10 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next