M99
guest7
S
29 posters

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Champions League Team of the Season Empty Champions League Team of the Season

Post by S Sun May 20, 2012 11:52 am

Sorry for not making a detailed OP..I'll post mine later..

Kindly Post yours.
S
S
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Champions League Team of the Season Empty Re: Champions League Team of the Season

Post by guest7 Sun May 20, 2012 11:55 am

Cech
Lahm - Pepe - Badstuber - A. Cole
Schweinsteiger - Xabi
Ronaldo - Özil - Messi
Drogba

The CB were really tough... I don't think Pepe deserves it but I can't think of anyone else.

Midfield was becouse Barca's was crap this season, both Schweini was superb in semi's and final and Xabi was also boss for us... But also becouse I can't think of anyone else other than them.

Top 4 is obvious IMO.

EDIT: Put Lahm there instead of Alves.

Last edited by Se7en on Sun May 20, 2012 12:03 pm; edited 1 time in total
guest7
guest7
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Champions League Team of the Season Empty Re: Champions League Team of the Season

Post by M99 Sun May 20, 2012 11:58 am

Cech

Lahm Nesta Luiz Cole

Ramires Gustavo

Ribery Messi

Drogba Gomez
M99
M99
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by Zealous Sun May 20, 2012 12:06 pm

Cech
Lahm - T.Silva - Badstuber - A. Cole
Lampard - Xabi
Ronaldo - Özil - Messi
Drogba
Zealous
Zealous
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by dostoevsky Sun May 20, 2012 12:15 pm

Cech
Lahm - Nesta - Badstuber - A. Cole
Xavi---Schweinsteiger---Kroos
Messi---Drogba--Ronaldo

Note: Nesta is an emotional vote because I'm torn between my other options.
dostoevsky
dostoevsky
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Zealous Sun May 20, 2012 12:24 pm

Xabi has been better than Xavi this year imo.
Zealous
Zealous
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaled Sun May 20, 2012 12:26 pm

Se7en wrote:
Cech
Schweinsteiger - Xabi
Ronaldo - Özil - Messi
Drogba

The CB were really tough... I don't think Pepe deserves it but I can't think of anyone else.

Midfield was becouse Barca's was crap this season, both Schweini was superb in semi's and final and Xabi was also boss for us... But also becouse I can't think of anyone else other than them.

Top 4 is obvious IMO.

Barca's Midfield was crap Laughing

Barca's finishing was crap.. our midfield dominated all matches this season and created more than enough goalscoring chances, our finishing sucked !!
Khaled
Khaled
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Sun May 20, 2012 12:28 pm

Zealous wrote:Xabi has been better than Xavi this year imo.

Leon Osman has been better than Xavi this year tbh Laughing
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG

Back to top Go down

Post by S Sun May 20, 2012 12:29 pm

My team goes like this..

GK:PETR CECH-This was a hard one to choose but in the end i'll go with the GK on the winning side i.e Cech..I think its safe to say he is back to his old self now..His amazing perfomances this season include the one against Barcelona in the 2nd leg..He well and truly kept Chelsea alive in that game..

RB:PHILIP LAHM-Only in the last few months he has been playing RB but has turned and when it mattered and has put a total captain's shift in big games..Standout Perfomance for me was against Chelsea in the final.

CB:ALESSANDRO NESTA-Defying age and still showing why he's still one of the best defenders in the world.That tackle on Messi in the Group Stage was the highlight of his defensive masterclass in the Champions League this season.His standout perfomance was definitely the one against Barca at the nou Camp in the group stages

CB:DAVID LUIZ:Was a defensive catastrophy up until the Napoli game at the San Paolo..But under the guidance of the tactically astute De Matteo he absolutely turned his fortunes around with a MOM perfomance against a dangerous Napoli side who looked threatening..He was immense in the final too.

LB:ASHLEY COLE:No doubts about this one..Chelsea's standout defender in the Champions League..Put in a very inspiring display against Barcelona in the 2nd Leg.

DM:FRANK LAMPARD:I'd probably say he is one of the unsung heroes of Chelsea's CL triumph..Put in tireless shifts in Chelsea's defensive exploits.Also played a delightful pass which led to Ramires' wonderful goal against Barca.

CM:TONI KROOS:Definitely my most impressive young player of this season's Champions League..Racked up most no.of assists in the Group Stages and put in some classy displays against Madrid in both legs..

RAM:RAMIRES:He would probably be the most unfashionable option for the RAM but boy has he been brilliant..Tactically was superb and was deadly on counter attacks.Proving to be a real asset for Chelsea

LAM:LIONEL MESSI: If you look at it Individualistically probably he is this year's CL player of the season.Carried a lacklustre Barca side against Bayer 04 in the first leg,was Barca's best player against Chelsea,too bad Barca forwards couldnt put it away.In no way he bottled it in the semis.

CF:DIDIER DROGBA:Literally carried Chelsea's attack and his crucial perfomance against Valencia is why they made it this far and eventually won it..Standout perfomances include against Valencia and Barca 1st leg.

CF:MARIO GOMEZ:Drawn a lot of flak for his poor showing in the final but he has still done enough to make it in my eleven.his record this season speaks for itself.Deserved Inclusion..

4-2-2-2

Petr Cech

Lahm-Nesta-David Luiz-Cole

Lampard-Kroos

Ramires-------Messi

Drogba-------Gomez
S
S
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by dostoevsky Sun May 20, 2012 12:31 pm

I watched more Barcelona matches than Madrid matches in the CL this year, so I don't really feel highly qualified to discuss their consistency, however I was highly disappointed by Xabi in the semi-finals, whilst Xavi had a few absolutely superb matches against us. I can't really blame him for the semi-final loss, competing against a 6-3-1 didn't give him an awful lot to do. Laughing
dostoevsky
dostoevsky
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Zealous Sun May 20, 2012 12:33 pm

Great Leader Sprucenuce wrote:
Zealous wrote:Xabi has been better than Xavi this year imo.

Leon Osman has been better than Xavi this year tbh Laughing

eco smile
Zealous
Zealous
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaled Sun May 20, 2012 12:35 pm

Khaled wrote:
Se7en wrote:
Cech
Schweinsteiger - Xabi
Ronaldo - Özil - Messi
Drogba

Top 4 is obvious IMO.

Barca's Midfield was crap Laughing

Barca's finishing was crap.. our midfield dominated all matches this season and created more than enough goalscoring chances, our finishing sucked !!

I have to say that it sucked against Chelsea...

Cause scoring 187 goals (all-time record) in all comps, including 35 goals in UCL its not bad #lol

This season, we created tons of chances, but our finishing sucked in the biggest game of the season against Chelsea...

so saying Barca's midfield was crap is laughable!! Laughing
Khaled
Khaled
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Neutral Sun May 20, 2012 12:47 pm

has to be it

Champions League Team of the Season True_blue_2_wenn1460155

Neutral
Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Sun May 20, 2012 1:26 pm

Every year Alonso is better than Xavi apperently.

The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by guest7 Sun May 20, 2012 1:27 pm

Not really. Just this season.

Do I really need to dig out the quotes from Barca fans saying "Xavi is useless against park the bus teams" after flopping consecutively vs. Milan and Chelsea?
guest7
guest7
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by 7amood11 Sun May 20, 2012 1:31 pm

------------------------------------Cech--------------------------------

---------Lahm------------Cahill---------Nesta----------------Cole--

-------Ramires-----------Xabi---------Schweinsteiger-----Ronaldo--

--------------------------Messi----------Drogba-------------------------
7amood11
7amood11
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Sun May 20, 2012 1:31 pm

Last season it was said, and the season before..luckily for you, I have a decent memory

Since when did you start listening to Barca fans as gospel? Or are you agreeing because they said something you like to hear?

Xavi's performance vs Milan vs anything Alonso did....who did Alonso even play? Minnows.

Big game came vs Bayern and where was he?
The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by guest7 Sun May 20, 2012 1:37 pm

The Franchise wrote:Last season it was said, and the season before..luckily for you, I have a decent memory

Since when did you start listening to Barca fans as gospel? Or are you agreeing because they said something you like to hear?

Xavi's performance vs Milan vs anything Alonso did....who did Alonso even play? Minnows.

He was okay vs. Bayern... Not bad at all. If you watch Özil's goal in Allianz Arena, you see that the attack starts from a Xabi longball.

And he recovered quite alot of balls... And there were multiple diagnal passes from him that hit their right man.

Not really a standout, but he did his job... Compared to Xavi who sidepassed and was invisible in CL this season Laughing
guest7
guest7
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Zealous Sun May 20, 2012 1:45 pm

Saying Xabi played minnows lol, who did Xavi play?
Zealous
Zealous
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Sun May 20, 2012 1:51 pm

Milan?
The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Sun May 20, 2012 1:53 pm

Se7en wrote:
The Franchise wrote:Last season it was said, and the season before..luckily for you, I have a decent memory

He was okay vs. Bayern... Not bad at all. If you watch Özil's goal in Allianz Arena, you see that the attack starts from a Xabi longball.

And he recovered quite alot of balls... And there were multiple diagnal passes from him that hit their right man.

Not really a standout, but he did his job... Compared to Xavi who sidepassed and was invisible in CL this season Laughing

Oh please, Kroos was getting in between the lines with such joy. A couple of long balls doesnt equal good performance. He was bad.

Xavi always does sidepasses...I guess his whole career has been crap then lol

Yep, so invisable..I was glad when some magical spirit scored vs Milan.
The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Ganso Sun May 20, 2012 1:56 pm

lineups without ramires,cole,drogba and lahm should not be taken seriously :vagi:

--------------Cech----------------
Lahm-Nesta--Badstuber-Cole
-Ramires--Mikel---Iniesta------
-Messi----Drogba-----CR-----
Ganso
Ganso
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by kiranr Sun May 20, 2012 1:56 pm

Kroos deserves to be in the team of the season and Xabi does not.
kiranr
kiranr
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Ganso Sun May 20, 2012 1:57 pm

xabi had a joke performance at the alianz arena
Ganso
Ganso
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Zealous Sun May 20, 2012 2:02 pm

Fine here is the revised line up.

Cech
Lahm - T.Silva - Badstuber - A. Cole
Lampard - Ramires
Ronaldo - Özil - Messi
Drogba
Zealous
Zealous
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next