McAgger
mr-r34
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Art Morte
BeautifulGame
32 posters

Page 10 of 22 Previous  1 ... 6 ... 9, 10, 11 ... 16 ... 22  Next

Go down

Breaking: Liverpool sack Brendan Rodgers - Page 10 Empty Re: Breaking: Liverpool sack Brendan Rodgers

Post by iftikhar Wed Dec 17, 2014 7:37 am

After all, it's clearly just a managerial problem and Rodgers doesn't know how to do that.
Ask yourself, next time you see Henderson at wings, Allen playing, Balotelli as lone-forward, the likes of Coutinho, Markovic, Lallana, Lucas warming the bench. Very Happy Razz pirat Thumbs up :coffee: eco smile rofl :whistle:

iftikhar
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Breaking: Liverpool sack Brendan Rodgers - Page 10 Empty Re: Breaking: Liverpool sack Brendan Rodgers

Post by Red Alert Wed Dec 17, 2014 7:59 am

So he's not responsible for transfers, coaching, or managing us on match days, what's this mans role exactly? :coffee:
Red Alert
Red Alert
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Red Alert Wed Dec 17, 2014 9:10 am

El Cujo wrote:I guess I should listen to you since you were telling me only a few months ago he was the greatest manager to ever walk the earth and he was tactically brilliant. Your opinions on this matter don't at all seem driven by erratic emotions and are very well thought out. After all, it's clearly just a managerial problem and Rodgers doesn't know how to do that.

#B2rektsB1.
Red Alert
Red Alert
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Curtinho Wed Dec 17, 2014 3:08 pm

Red Alert wrote:So he's not responsible for transfers, coaching, or managing us on match days, what's this mans role exactly? :coffee:

Who said that he wasn't responsible for coaching or managing? I was just pointing out that all the people complaining about the transfers not just in Rodgers' term as manager but even longer need look no further than who we have in charge of them. The biggest problem I think this club has faced even since Rafa is that ownership has placed large restrictions, or red tape, on how our transfers are completed. Who in the world thinks a transfer committee with Ian Ayre on it is a good idea?

Rodgers has made some really questionable decisions this year, but he also made brilliant ones last year and the year before. He's taking longer to adjust to life without Suarez than anyone would have expected, but so has the team. I still think that he deserves leeway and at the very least into next season before sack talk comes about. That doesn't mean I think he's doing a good job this season because he's not. I'm just not going to flip on him as quick as some are ready to especially when bringing in yet another new manager seems like it would just set us back once more.
Curtinho
Curtinho
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by Fahim89 Wed Dec 17, 2014 6:10 pm

I won't say i'm not frustrated but i for one can solidly say that i'm with El Cujo on backing a little longer. Just cannot jump ships now.
Fahim89
Fahim89
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by iftikhar Thu Dec 18, 2014 4:22 am

Fahim89 wrote:I won't say i'm not frustrated but i for one can solidly say that i'm with El Cujo on backing a little longer. Just cannot jump ships now.
Fahim, we are all backing Rodgers even at this point. We just want him to start taking some elementary steps like:

#1. Starting the right XI
#2. Starting players at right positions
#3. Solve the defensive chaos
#4. Make right substitutions

I mean come on,

Playing Raheem & Gerrard in every games
Playing Allen like that regularly
Playing Balotelli as lone-forward
Playing Henderson on wings
....................the list goes on
iftikhar
iftikhar
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by Helmer Thu Dec 18, 2014 11:20 am

El Cujo, relax. I think only 1-2 Posters seriously asked for his head. Otherwise, I am all for giving home more time, as i said lets see where we are at the end of December.

Helmer
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by DeletedUser#1 Fri Dec 19, 2014 5:59 am

Anyone who thinks if Rodgers gets sacked, we'll get a proven, top level manager is deluded.

I disagree with a lot of decisions Rodgers has made this season, and some baffling selections...but I rather we ride out a storm with him, than sack him and end up with likes of AVB/ Another young and upcoming manager.

FSG aren't hiring Peps and Simeones of this world. get real !

He's showing some signs of flexibility again this past 2 games and dropped the dreadful 4-2-3-1 finally, so my mood is a lot better than it was after the Basel debacle.

DeletedUser#1
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Atletico Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Red Alert Sat Dec 20, 2014 1:14 am

Natalie Portman wrote:Anyone who thinks if Rodgers gets sacked, we'll get a proven, top level manager is deluded.

I disagree with a lot of decisions Rodgers has made this season, and some baffling selections...but I rather we ride out a storm with him, than sack him and end up with likes of AVB/ Another young and upcoming manager.

FSG aren't hiring Peps and Simeones of this world. get real !

He's showing some signs of flexibility again this past 2 games and dropped the dreadful 4-2-3-1 finally, so my mood is a lot better than it was after the Basel debacle.

Wtf.

A) We're Liverpool not Everton.
B) The owners have shown their ready to SUPPORT the manager which is huge to "top level managers". They'll be interested. Atleast Klopp/Rafa most definitely would. Both tiers ABOVE this dude.
C) No ones asking for a Pep so not sure why you continuously make up arguments to try get your post across.
D) No ones asking for him to get sacked to replace him with someone similar to him (ie AVB).
E) Welcome back.
Red Alert
Red Alert
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Curtinho Sat Dec 20, 2014 1:52 pm

How are Klopp and Rafa tiers above Rodgers? They both have better squads relative to him in their respective leagues and are not performing close to expectations. Trade one, much more inexperienced, underperforming manager for another?
Curtinho
Curtinho
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Art Morte Sat Dec 20, 2014 7:46 pm

rofl
Art Morte
Art Morte
Forum legendest

Back to top Go down

Post by Helmer Sat Dec 20, 2014 10:13 pm

rofl

Helmer
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Sat Dec 20, 2014 10:39 pm

rofl the second one is gold
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Reggina

Back to top Go down

Post by Nishankly Sat Dec 20, 2014 10:55 pm

rofl

English accents ffs its crazy
Nishankly
Nishankly
Spicy Curry

Back to top Go down

Post by Red Alert Sun Dec 21, 2014 1:29 am

El Cujo wrote:How are Klopp and Rafa tiers above Rodgers? They both have better squads relative to him in their respective leagues and are not performing close to expectations. Trade one, much more inexperienced, underperforming manager for another?

Are you kidding me? rofl

Did you start watching football just last season?

Imagine how much of an ego Rodgers would have if he's won half the amount the other 2 have achieved. Laughing

Rafa/Klopp "inexperienced" rofl
Red Alert
Red Alert
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by DeletedUser#1 Sun Dec 21, 2014 1:47 am

Agreed with Red Albert Very Happy

those 2 have won things and in the end it's all the matters as a manager and until BR delivers some silver-ware he can't be mentioned in the same bracket.

As for my comment, FSG since day one have all been about "Young and up and coming manager who can grow with the team consisting of young players with top potential". That's why I can't see them going for proven winners who'll demand ready-made world class players.

Maybe Klopp, but definitely not Rafa as long as Ayre is here since he hates him. Thanks RedA for welcome back msg Smile

DeletedUser#1
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Atletico Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Sun Dec 21, 2014 2:35 am

El Cujo that really is an embarrassing post. Rafa and Klopp are obviously several tiers above Rodgers. The guy's only ever success so far in his career is a historical choke job led by an amazing duo (SAS) without whom he looks like fish out of water.

Rafa has won trophies in every club he's been to (Valencia, Pool, Inter, Chelsea, Napoli). Major trophy at every single one. Klopp has taken a club from administration with the resources of a run down brothel house to titles they could only have dreamed of.

Seriously man, it's as if you started supporting Liverpool just last season. Never heard any Pool fan undermine Rafa like that. Specially compared to an absolute fraud Rodgers, who hasn't achieved anything near what the great man Rafa did for us.
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Reggina

Back to top Go down

Post by Curtinho Sun Dec 21, 2014 9:29 am

Red Alert wrote:Are you kidding me? rofl

Imagine how much of an ego Rodgers would have if he's won half the amount the other 2 have achieved. Laughing

Except I'm talking about now. I didn't call either of them inexperienced BTW re-read what you're quoting. Klopp is leading Dortmund to relegation and Benitez is struggling with one of the superior squads in Serie A and is about to get sacked.

So you want to trade a manager who is coming off 2nd place and still in the hunt for top 5 in a much more competitive league than either of those two coming into his first real struggles as a manager for two managers that are putting up worse struggles than he is.

How did I undermine what Benitez accomplished here? You guys just love your hyperbole, but I'm not going to stoop to your levels. Though I'll probably never forgive him for causing Alonso to leave he did a lot for this team. That doesn't mean he's the guy to come in right now just because you guys flip-flop more than salmon going up river.
Curtinho
Curtinho
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Art Morte Sun Dec 21, 2014 11:32 am

I don't want Rafa. Arguably he hasn't done better than OK since finishing runners-up in the Prem with us. After a poor season and leaving us in 2010, he lasted only half a year in charge of Inter, then didn't manage until two years later with Chelsea and probably didn't get the best out of that squad and looking at this Napoli side, he should probably be doing better than fighting for the 3rd place trophy with the likes of Genoa and Sampdoria. I don't think he's the right man to build a better future for us.

Klopp would certainly be interesting, but the disastrous season he's having with Dortmund makes me wonder. Let's put it this way that if Dortmund actually got relegated at the end of the season and Klopp would be available, I wouldn't want him. If they turn their season around and finish somewhere in mid-table and he's still available, okay, yeah, come to Liverpool.
Art Morte
Art Morte
Forum legendest

Back to top Go down

Post by Helmer Sun Dec 21, 2014 12:09 pm

nurturing talent and make young players play the right football, this is what Klopp will bring to our club. I think we have a good academy and Klopp will surely take advantage of that. Klopp has certainly coped really well with loss of players at Dortmund. He has keep no losing the likes of Sahin, Kagawa, Götze and then Lewa. it is just this season they are struggling and Klopp has to make more changes in the style than what he he has tried till now. I dont think at all, the likes of Mkhitiryan, Auba and Immobile or Ramos are so intelligent in the final third passes and movement. So they are struggling. Agreed that no matter what they should not be in relegation zone and Klopp is currently just not able to get them get any result. They should be thankful to this winter break, I think after which they will improve with one signing from some other Ukranian club or some other Belgian or Eredvisie.

Helmer
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Curtinho Sun Dec 21, 2014 4:50 pm

HEIL MEIN REDS wrote:nurturing talent and make young players play the right football, this is what Klopp will bring to our club.

But that's what Rodgers is known for also. Every young player on our team has improved since Rodgers joined. Our Academy is playing great and has seen a bunch of nice young signings.

Look at how we're playing today Rodgers is starting to mix it up and seeing what works for our team without Suarez + Sturridge. Now add Sturridge. Klopp and Rafa have been worse with more IMO this term and Rodgers was better last year so I don't see how either of those moves would help this club. Rodgers should be who we are backing for the forseeable future.
Curtinho
Curtinho
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Helmer Sun Dec 21, 2014 4:58 pm

calma El...not everything about sackiing Rodgers...it was just a reply to give an opinion about Klopp !!!

Helmer
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Curtinho Sun Dec 21, 2014 5:52 pm

No not you but it's that the original discussion was preferring one of Rafa or Klopp over Rodgers. That's why I angled my retort that way nothing more.
Curtinho
Curtinho
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Red Alert Sun Dec 21, 2014 11:41 pm

El Cujo wrote:
Red Alert wrote:Are you kidding me? rofl

Except I'm talking about now.

You're right. Let's talk about now then, shall we? I wouldn't mind using your own logic against you.

Fat Sam >> Rodgers. Pardiola >> Rodgers. Any club on top of us >>> Rodgers. I mean we're talking about now right? You can't argue against that logic. Why would we want a manager that's clearly inferior to those guys... AM I RIGHT?

Rafa/Klopp would have us title challenging right now if they had the same amount of time/resources Rodgers has been given. Who are you trying to kid?
Red Alert
Red Alert
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Helmer Mon Dec 22, 2014 10:59 am

El Cujo, you can definitely not compare managers according to current form of their Club Laughing

Helmer
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by iftikhar Mon Dec 22, 2014 1:54 pm

We need a new game thread :whistle: eco smile bounce
iftikhar
iftikhar
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 10 of 22 Previous  1 ... 6 ... 9, 10, 11 ... 16 ... 22  Next