McAgger
mr-r34
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Art Morte
BeautifulGame
32 posters

Page 9 of 22 Previous  1 ... 6 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 15 ... 22  Next

Go down

Breaking: Liverpool sack Brendan Rodgers - Page 9 Empty Re: Breaking: Liverpool sack Brendan Rodgers

Post by Art Morte Sun Dec 14, 2014 10:45 am

Liverpool manager Brendan Rodgers, speaking to Sky Sports:

"I thought we had done enough to win the game, it epitomised our season really. We created so many chances today and David De Gea was man of the match. He's had four or five games like that this season. David's a top class goalkeeper and his ability to make saves is outstanding but his distribution is also excellent, he knows when to go short and when to go long.

"We also made defensive mistakes and that cost us today. We've just got to keep working, we know what the solutions are and hopefully the confidence will return. We came here last season and it was the reverse scoreline, today we were the better side in the first half but you can't concede the goals we did. We nearly went in front and they went up the other end and scored because we lost our runner from the midfield area.

"Today, we created opportunities which we haven't been doing. I'll keep searching for the solutions. It's been difficult this year but that's the way it works. It's clear we haven't scored or created enough goals."

What's that first sentence all about? Very Happy

Our season epitomised in us doing enough to win a game yet not winning? You could probably count the times we've done enough to win a game with the fingers of one hand Very Happy

Let's see, against...

Southampton
Tottenham
West Brom
Leicester
And today? 3 - 0 loss yet we did enough to win the game? Man, let me think about that one.

Art Morte
Forum legendest

Back to top Go down

Breaking: Liverpool sack Brendan Rodgers - Page 9 Empty Re: Breaking: Liverpool sack Brendan Rodgers

Post by McAgger Sun Dec 14, 2014 11:03 am

Rodgers: "It's very easy, we know what the solutions are. We just have to keep working and hopefully the confidence will return "

He knows what the solutions are rofl
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Reggina

Back to top Go down

Post by Sri Sun Dec 14, 2014 11:07 am

Art Morte wrote:
Liverpool manager Brendan Rodgers, speaking to Sky Sports:

"We also made defensive mistakes and that cost us today. We've just got to keep working, we know what the solutions are and hopefully the confidence will return. We came here last season and it was the reverse scoreline, today we were the better side in the first half but you can't concede the goals we did. We nearly went in front and they went up the other end and scored because we lost our runner from the midfield area.

"Today, we created opportunities which we haven't been doing. I'll keep searching for the solutions. It's been difficult this year but that's the way it works. It's clear we haven't scored or created enough goals."

Umm.

Sri
Wer ko, der ko

Club Supported : RO Blank

Back to top Go down

Post by Helmer Sun Dec 14, 2014 11:09 am

bah Gawd...
clueless.
he would get some sympathy from me if he had kept his mouth shut.
he is so f***** retard
cant believe we are are getting to hear all these BS from him after this bleep of s result

Helmer
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by mr-r34 Sun Dec 14, 2014 11:11 am

You can't call us fickle, FFS, if luck was *bleep* us, fair call to rodgers, but it's him, his not *bleep* learning, his not *bleep* learning.
mr-r34
mr-r34
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Norwich

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Sun Dec 14, 2014 11:41 am

Will FSG realistically sack Brenton though?  

I hope they realize that he's really not making any football decisions correctly. It scares me because I don't think our owners understand football much and they are businessman who will back this idiot because they've spent so much money on him.

For me worst case scenario is Sturridge coming back and saving Brenton's job. We really don't want this cancer to stay at our club.
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Art Morte Sun Dec 14, 2014 12:27 pm

Don't call me James wrote:Will FSG realistically sack Brenton though?  

I hope they realize that he's really not making any football decisions correctly. It scares me because I don't think our owners understand football much and they are businessman who will back this idiot because they've spent so much money on him.

For me worst case scenario is Sturridge coming back and saving Brenton's job. We really don't want this cancer to stay at our club.

This is what I'm afraid of, too, that FSG's football knowledge is too minimal to see that we shouldn't be this bad no matter what. That they are inclined to think that it's only a matter of time until things will become good again.

On the other hand I'm not too confident that their choice for next manager would be a good one. For all I know we could be targeting some impressive-CV-yet-a-fraud-in-2014 manager like Capello.
Art Morte
Art Morte
Forum legendest

Back to top Go down

Post by iftikhar Sun Dec 14, 2014 12:40 pm

On the other hand I'm not too confident that their choice for next manager would be a good one. For all I know we could be targeting some impressive-CV-yet-a-fraud-in-2014 manager like Capello.
Frankly, I don't see any manager who can take us to the next level.
iftikhar
iftikhar
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Art Morte Sun Dec 14, 2014 1:01 pm

iftikhar wrote:
Frankly, I don't see any manager who can take us to the next level.

Breaking: Liverpool sack Brendan Rodgers - Page 9 Crystal-Palace-v-Ipswich-Mick-MCCarthy2_2857044
Art Morte
Art Morte
Forum legendest

Back to top Go down

Post by Nishankly Sun Dec 14, 2014 2:54 pm

http://www.bbc.com/sport/0/football/30471299

"I felt I had to change it because we have to find solutions throughout the squad to be better," said Rodgers.

"I said to Simon that it's for an indefinite period."

Rodgers, whose side were eliminated from the Champions League in midweek, was pleased with the performance of former Middlesbrough goalkeeper Jones, 32, in the defeat at Old Trafford despite him conceding three goals.

The Northern Irishman now hopes Mignolet, 26, can recover his best form away from the spotlight.

He said: "Simon's been fine, he's a really good professional. I spoke to him the other day and he accepted it and understood it.

"It can sometimes happen to a keeper where you come out of the firing line and it can help you and allow you time to reflect.

"Brad's a very capable keeper so he was always going to play in the Bournemouth game anyway."

Both GK's arent good enough Rodgers lad.
Nishankly
Nishankly
Spicy Curry

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by Fahim89 Sun Dec 14, 2014 3:17 pm

Ronald de Boer: "If Liverpool come for Frank (his brother) now he would certainly think about. Liverpool is a nice club. Frank would certainly not close the door immediately"

Ronald De Boer is the brother of Frank De Boer the manager of Ajax. . .

Just passing on the news . . . no opinions here :coffee: :coffee:
Fahim89
Fahim89
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Red Alert Mon Dec 15, 2014 1:37 am

Spends 120m to weaken a team ffs. rofl

^ Frank de Boer >>>> Rodgers but Rafa >>>> all.
Red Alert
Red Alert
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Helmer Mon Dec 15, 2014 6:30 am

FSG were right initially to appoint a sport director so handle these tranfers and few other issues. I think FSG knew already that Brendo is a risk so they will wait before they sack him or try to speak Brendan about appointing a sport director first.

Frank De Boer...he is good but if we get Rafa and not someone else I would go for Rafa, looking at his season at Chelsea and past experiences, he will be the perfect man to steady the ship right now :coffee: although not sure about Rafa being a manager in long term. But lets talk about it when Brenda is fired, which imo is not going to happen unless we are about get relegated.

Helmer
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Art Morte Mon Dec 15, 2014 8:34 am

I don't want Rafa. He'd be a safe choice, but I don't actually think he's that special. Arguably should be doing better with Napoli when you look at their squad and compare it with rest of Serie A.
Art Morte
Art Morte
Forum legendest

Back to top Go down

Post by Helmer Mon Dec 15, 2014 9:26 am

as we cant expect to get some WC player, I also wont expect someone like Pep Guardiola (i mean according to current availability of jobless coaches)...so first job is to make the ship steady so I think Rafa will be one of the safest choice because it will also cost less for FSG to take him away from Napoli and later we can see what to do with Rafa!!!
But I would really like us to try for someone like Jupp Heynckes :coffee: , considering Rafa is always available

Helmer
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Mon Dec 15, 2014 10:15 am

I wouldn't mind Jupp.

Would like Rafa.
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Curtinho Mon Dec 15, 2014 12:18 pm

Liverpool Echo's James Pearce one of the most trusted persons regarding LFC affairs has come out to suggest that the Transfer Committee (TC) could have made BR's work difficult at Anfield. The sale of senior players on big wages and the signings that BR made this season were not totally his choice, but the committee's. Many managers refused to work under a sporting director when they were interviewed by FSG for the job before BR came in. FSG later set up this committee that is identical, or perhaps wields more power than a sporting director, whilst giving the idea that the manager is totally in charge. Whatever decision the manager makes with regards to signings and contracts, will be voted by 5 people in the committee. Only in the case of a majority vote, BR can sign the players he wants. Otherwise he has to improvise with the players chosen by the TC. Pearce says BR NEVER wanted to sign Balotelli but was forced to settle for him. In other words, it was the TC that ultimately failed to replace Suarez despite getting big money by selling him. Pearce says BR also made it clear that he wanted Michel Vorm and that signing a GK is a priority. But he says the transfer committee refused to pay his value despite only spending over 30mil in net spending this summer. This also had a significant impact on Mignolet's form as LFC didn't try to provide competition for the Belgian. Pearce says paying top bucks for Lovren made perfect sense at that point, as he was not one for the future, but was coming in as a top centre back, based on his form with the Saints and his Premier League experience. He was bought to hit the ground running. However he's had a major dip in form which is disappointing says Pearce. Similar tone has been voiced by Mike Bernard, a former employee of FSG, who said BR failing to see eye-to-eye with some of the TC members and their signings, is getting a little unsavoury. Mike noted that BR wanted Eriksen and Bony but was overruled. This also goes back to previous failures to show the money and securing players early when they had interest to move to LFC. Plenty of dragging negotiations and low-balling saw the failure of securing targets such as Willian, Salah, Mikhtaryan, Konoplyanka and more. Diego Costa was identified by BR as a transfer target when Costa was playing as a wing-forward, long before he became a star in that out-and-out striker position and caught the whole world's attention. TC thought his release clause of 20mil back then was too much. The rest is history. While we drag our feet on targets, other clubs come into the picture, showed the money and swooped them as we watch helplessly. Even for Sanchez, Phil Thompson declared during the world cup that we had Sanchez in the bag. However too much negotiations into details and conditions in payment method allowed Arsenal to sneak in and turn his and his wife's head.

Pearce also does not believe with the popular excuse that BR got founded after Suarez left, and that it was the Uruguayan who made BR look good last season. He says BR's tactical acumen led the team prosper last season, not Suarez alone. The expectations has been raised by last season's football and LFC are struggling with the pressure now he adds. Pearce labels Borini's position as strange and wonders if it could be the club showing frustration against him, for not being able to secure 14mil from Sunderland and another 13mil from QPR. They're certainly making it clear to Borini that he shouldn't reject another deal in January. Another journo Graham Beecroft says Borini could have indicated that he rather sit on the bench and take the wages or run down his contract, than moving to a small club ie Sunderland, QPR who are also refusing to pay more wages than LFC. Could be the reason why he's strangely frozen. Could be the club's decision not the manager's.

The last time Pearce spoke to BR, the manager said Can and some of the new players are still trying to adapt to his philosophy of football and it could be the reason why BR resorts to playing those who know what is expected of them for now. But Pearce says he will speak to BR again about Can to find out more on his position. Pearce says LFC's season could depend on Sturridge coming back to be paired with Balotelli upfront, and then allow the rest of the team to click. Pearce doesn't know if FSG are willing to spend in January but it's a question of can they afford not to. As champions league new TV deal brings in over 40mil next season compared to 25mil before, he opines that LFC must spend. Especially on a top quality striker, taking into account Studge's fitness.

The audio of the interview is here

https://soundcloud.com/anfieldhq/james-pearce-corrected

Interesting regarding Liverpool transfers.
Curtinho
Curtinho
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Art Morte Mon Dec 15, 2014 3:45 pm

Yeah, sure. If it wasn't for some faceless transfer committee, Rodgers would have brought in Costa, Bony, Eriksen, Sanchez and at least one of Willian, Salah, Mikhtaryan or Konoplyanka. Totally.
Art Morte
Art Morte
Forum legendest

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Mon Dec 15, 2014 4:10 pm

We'd probably have Ashley Williams for 20m instead of Lovren Laughing
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Art Morte Mon Dec 15, 2014 5:30 pm

The idea of having anyone instead of Lovren gives me a hard on, tbh.
Art Morte
Art Morte
Forum legendest

Back to top Go down

Post by mr-r34 Mon Dec 15, 2014 6:00 pm

TBH if the TC is not allowing BR to buy the players he wants, it's ALL on FSG.

You give the coach the players he want's, so he can implement the style of play he wants, you don't give a coach players, which then he has to find a style for.

mr-r34
mr-r34
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Norwich

Back to top Go down

Post by Curtinho Tue Dec 16, 2014 8:07 am

Rumours of transfer blocking and whatnot aside (because at this point, both sides will be leaking their self-preservation to the press). The whole idea of a transfer committee where the manager does not have ultimate control is just silly (unless the manager gets to handpick the transfer committee before it is made, but even then).

I'm a believer that if you are hiring a manager, and following their philosophy, they should have control over the transfers and the kitty. A transfer committee in the first place is stupid, then you realize ours consists of Ian Ayre (lol), Michael Edwards (trying to create his own version of moneyball within football), Dave Fallows (meh) and whoever our chief scout is.

Whatever is going on there's a power struggle going on when stuff like this is leaked, and it generally means the manager is going to be gone soon because they always lose. Unfortunately this also means whoever comes in next will be restricted, and the next and the next. We're essentially looking for a manager that fits the vision of whoever pulls the strings with the TC, a yes man so to speak. Meh...I feel like the truly great teams and managers have a manager that is much more involved and has a lot more control. That's what I thought Rodgers was going to be or get.

Le sigh.
Curtinho
Curtinho
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by iftikhar Tue Dec 16, 2014 8:57 am

While the manager may have the final say, he SHOULDN'T be the sole authority in transfer matters, specially in this age of inflated prices (fees & wages).

Also, I don't believe so many transfers have gone wrong with the explicit opposition from Rodgers. If he could convince owners about his philosophy (which has been well publicized) he could also convince them the prospective signings would be a waste of huge amount of money.

Also, I don't like this idea of blaming TC (who could well be as guilty as BR) when the on-field mistakes are so obvious. You can't blame TC for keep playing Allen, Henderson on wings, Balotelli as lone-forward, playing Raheem as #9; the list is simply inexhaustible.
iftikhar
iftikhar
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Tue Dec 16, 2014 10:19 am

Oh please forget the transfers we can't beat the likes of Crystal Palace, Aston Villa, Ludogorets, Sunderland, Hull, Newcastle.

I don't care how garbage of players we have bought, Brenda can't set up his team to beat the likes of them. Our players are obviously more talented than those teams. This isn't an excuse.

If we had lost to Madrid, City, United, Chelsea (which we did) and done well against the rest, no one would be calling for his head. But he's just a clueless bellend irregardless of his idiotic transfers.
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Curtinho Tue Dec 16, 2014 11:44 am

I guess I should listen to you since you were telling me only a few months ago he was the greatest manager to ever walk the earth and he was tactically brilliant. Your opinions on this matter don't at all seem driven by erratic emotions and are very well thought out. After all, it's clearly just a managerial problem and Rodgers doesn't know how to do that.
Curtinho
Curtinho
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by iftikhar Wed Dec 17, 2014 2:37 am

After all, it's clearly just a managerial problem and Rodgers doesn't know how to do that.
Ask yourself, next time you see Henderson at wings, Allen playing, Balotelli as lone-forward, the likes of Coutinho, Markovic, Lallana, Lucas warming the bench. Very Happy Razz pirat Thumbs up :coffee: eco smile rofl :whistle:
iftikhar
iftikhar
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 9 of 22 Previous  1 ... 6 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 15 ... 22  Next