Whats the most bulls**t sending off you've ever seen?

+33
BeamsvilleGooner
S32TABLANCA
zarola
VivaStPauli
Le Samourai
Be/\/ceCALI
Lex
harhar11
che
Tifoso Romanista
RobbyV
halamadrid2
Potential
dronte
ErPupone
kiranr
Ali
hrealmadrid
punkfusion1992
RebaƱo Sagrado
Adit
Zealous
lszanto
Art Morte
REWB
Swanhends
Lord Hades
Blue Barrett
Noonan22
Onyx
Dante
Harmonica
BiasedMilanFan3
37 posters

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

Whats the most bulls**t sending off you've ever seen? - Page 3 Empty Re: Whats the most bulls**t sending off you've ever seen?

Post by Harmonica Wed Jun 06, 2012 8:15 pm

Lex wrote:That's your problem. You don't debate or discuss, you argue.
It's not my problem really. You're the ones who are butthurt about it and you still haven't produced a counter argument why it shouldn't have been a second yellow.

Harmonica
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Whats the most bulls**t sending off you've ever seen? - Page 3 Empty Re: Whats the most bulls**t sending off you've ever seen?

Post by Lex Wed Jun 06, 2012 8:41 pm

Poor jiopsi, doesn't even understand the basic definition of butthurt

People inclusion of RVP's sending off against Barca as one of the most unjust sendings off is called "opinion". The fact that some Barca fans even feel it's unjust proves that point.

Whereas, the moment you saw someone talk about Barca in the negative, you immediately threw on your white armour, jumped on a horse and rode in to defend their honour because you couldn't stand to see ANYTHING bad said about them. If anything, you're the one who seems butthurt over the whole ordeal. The fact you can't let go that people think it was a wrong decision and start writing novels trying to persuade everyone that it was a good move when someone mentions it Laughing
Lex
Lex
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Valencia

Back to top Go down

Post by Harmonica Wed Jun 06, 2012 8:41 pm

jiopsi wrote:How exactly is RvP the most bullsit sending off? Should have been sent of 1st half already for foul against Messi and slap against Alves. Not only that I'm sure ref gave him ultimatum to stop the stupidity, which he then broke by taking that kick after the game was whistled off. That is actually one of the better sending offs in past 10 years.
jiopsi wrote:No it isn't, it's perfectly valid yellow offence, by the rules.

So we are to presume:

1. That RvP didn't hear the whistle, which everyone in the world heard from the TV (crowd was quiet atm)?
2. That RvP didn't saw the linesman lift the flag although he was lookin the direction at the time?
3. He took a shitty shot, and wasn't even dissapointed to it? That tells me that he knew it was offside already.

So we would have to presume all three things simultaneosly for it to be the most bullsit second yellow ever?

1. Should have been a yellow:

Whats the most bulls**t sending off you've ever seen? - Page 3 Di-RB7L

2. Was a yellow, could have been a red:

Whats the most bulls**t sending off you've ever seen? - Page 3 Di-2EVL

3.0. Third offence was a yellow:
3.1. Here you can hear the whistle loud and clear:

http://tinypic.com/player.php?v=2evvrso&s=6

3.2. Here you can see RvP to look the direction of the flag

Whats the most bulls**t sending off you've ever seen? - Page 3 Di-O2UE

4. There is 1.1s from the start of the whistle to the start of the shot. Average human reaction time is 0.2s when he's expecting something to happen, 0.5s when he isn't expecting something to happen.

No I would like to here, why it was a bullshit yellow?
Harmonica
Harmonica
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : RO Blank

Back to top Go down

Post by Lex Wed Jun 06, 2012 8:43 pm

See what i mean lololol

Lex
Lex
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Harmonica Wed Jun 06, 2012 8:46 pm

Lex wrote:See what i mean lololol
I only see you carry on the trivial arguing about anything else than the subject itself, which is expected really.
Harmonica
Harmonica
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Lex Wed Jun 06, 2012 8:54 pm

jiopsi wrote:There is 1.1s from the start of the whistle to the start of the shot. Average human reaction time is 0.2s when he's expecting something to happen, 0.5s when he isn't expecting something to happen

:facepalm: I'd hate to know you in real life. You seem like the kind of guy who thoroughly investigates and tests Dettol's claim that they kill 99.9% of bacteria
Lex
Lex
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Le Samourai Wed Jun 06, 2012 8:54 pm

I expect at least 10 extra yellows for Messi next season, no team on the planet passes the ball into the goal after being called offside more than Barca.

Anyway..you give your reasons...but show me a single other instance where 2nd yellow like that was given in a game of that magnitude . Same with Nesta. Show me the precedent.

If you can't....then it is what it is.

The CL knockout phase is not a time to be setting precedents.
Le Samourai
Le Samourai
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by VivaStPauli Wed Jun 06, 2012 8:56 pm

Podolskis first, last, and only, sending off.

Ok, not the most ridiculous sending off ever, but the most ridiculous in the Bundesliga last season, and the one where I still knew who was involved. :p

Also a bit of history, since he really hasn't been sent off before.
VivaStPauli
VivaStPauli
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : FC St. Pauli

Back to top Go down

Post by Harmonica Wed Jun 06, 2012 8:57 pm

Lex wrote:
jiopsi wrote:There is 1.1s from the start of the whistle to the start of the shot. Average human reaction time is 0.2s when he's expecting something to happen, 0.5s when he isn't expecting something to happen
:facepalm: I'd hate to know you in real life. You seem like the kind of guy who thoroughly investigates and tests Dettol's claim that they kill 99.9% of bacteria
Better than deliriously believe in some deluded things, just because you can. Laughing
Harmonica
Harmonica
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Lex Wed Jun 06, 2012 9:02 pm

Ah ok so the ten people who share the same opinion are deluded, but the one person who thinks otherwise is right

Gotcha :coffee:
Lex
Lex
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Harmonica Wed Jun 06, 2012 9:04 pm

Le Samourai wrote:Anyway..you give your reasons...but show me a single other instance where 2nd yellow like that was given in a game of that magnitude.
How can there ever be a precedent if something cannot be the precedent? RvP were lucky already to be on the field in the 2nd half. The ref had enough reasons to send him off.
Harmonica
Harmonica
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Harmonica Wed Jun 06, 2012 9:08 pm

Lex wrote:Ah ok so the ten people who share the same opinion are deluded, but the one person who thinks otherwise is right

Gotcha :coffee:
It's just the usual suspects, ten mind-bogglingly frustrating users arguing anything from biasness to god knows what. Just not about the subject itself.
Harmonica
Harmonica
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Le Samourai Wed Jun 06, 2012 9:09 pm

jiopsi wrote:
Le Samourai wrote:Anyway..you give your reasons...but show me a single other instance where 2nd yellow like that was given in a game of that magnitude.
How can there ever be a precedent if something cannot be the precedent? RvP were lucky already to be on the field in the 2nd half. The ref had enough reasons to send him off.

You need to set precedents in appropriate places and times....and the knockout phase of the CL isn't one of them. If you're going to get sent off for that you need to make it clear to players, because countless times they've done it and gotten away with it.

You can't just make a rulebook call, you need to show consistency with what other referees do to maintain the integrity of the game.

As for your 2nd point I neither agree nor care.
Le Samourai
Le Samourai
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Harmonica Wed Jun 06, 2012 9:12 pm

Le Samourai wrote:
jiopsi wrote:

You need to set precedents in appropriate places and times....and the knockout phase of the CL isn't one of them. If you're going to get sent off for that you need to make it clear to players, because countless times they've done it and gotten away with it.

You can't just make a rulebook call, you need to show consistency with what other referees do to maintain the integrity of the game.

As for your 2nd point I neither agree nor care.
Well I don't know excactly similar precedents, nor do I care, but I'm sure there is somewhat similar cases in the history of football. What the ref did was in balance, what happened in the field.
Harmonica
Harmonica
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by zarola Wed Jun 06, 2012 9:25 pm

I love that excuse that RVP was looking in the direction of the flag excuse...

It's like clearly obvious he's looking at the ball, how else is he supposed to control it? Is he supposed to look over his left shoulder when the ball is coming over his right shoulder?

pathetic excuse.
zarola
zarola
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by S32TABLANCA Wed Jun 06, 2012 9:37 pm

Ozil against Villarreal. 'I sent him off for clapping sarcastically close to my person'.

Lex wrote:

Laughing
S32TABLANCA
S32TABLANCA
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Blue Barrett Wed Jun 06, 2012 9:46 pm

Lex wrote:

LOOOOOOOOOOL
Blue Barrett
Blue Barrett
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Chelsea

Back to top Go down

Post by Be/\/ceCALI Wed Jun 06, 2012 10:18 pm

jiopsi wrote:
4. There is 1.1s from the start of the whistle to the start of the shot. Average human reaction time is 0.2s when he's expecting something to happen, 0.5s when he isn't expecting something to happen.

jiopsi wrote:It's just the usual suspects, ten mind-bogglingly frustrating users arguing anything from biasness to god knows what. Just not about the subject itself.

Come on man, you have got to be kidding me. So you're going to tell me you can really pinpoint to the millisecond the exact time it would take for a person in RVP's situation to react?

LOL.. over 60k people in the Camp Nou all making noise, while your adrenaline is pumping, and a ball is flying in your direction...

You're NOT looking at the linesman on the side, or not waiting for a stupid little whistle to be blown, you're looking at the damn ball and waiting for a chance to strike at goal.

I wonder what you would be saying if Messi was the forward in the same situation..
Be/\/ceCALI
Be/\/ceCALI
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by Harmonica Wed Jun 06, 2012 10:20 pm

zarola wrote:I love that excuse that RVP was looking in the direction of the flag excuse...

It's like clearly obvious he's looking at the ball, how else is he supposed to control it? Is he supposed to look over his left shoulder when the ball is coming over his right shoulder?

pathetic excuse.
Excuse? Laughing

It's just one of the arguments against RvP. Btw, normal human is perfectly cabable of seeing colorful things in peripheral vision. The ball is in the same direction than the flag, just not the same height.
Harmonica
Harmonica
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Harmonica Wed Jun 06, 2012 10:23 pm

Be/\/ceCALI wrote:
jiopsi wrote:

jiopsi wrote:It's just the usual suspects, ten mind-bogglingly frustrating users arguing anything from biasness to god knows what. Just not about the subject itself.

Come on man, you have got to be kidding me. So you're going to tell me you can really pinpoint to the millisecond the exact time it would take for a person in RVP's situation to react?
No I just presented normal values for human reaction times, and they are well in boundary of 1.1s. And that is also reflected on the shot itself, which was just splash in the direction.

LOL.. over 60k people in the Camp Nou all making noise, while your adrenaline is pumping, and a ball is flying in your direction...
You can hear the whistle loud and clear in TV, it's not like the crowd is yelling on top of their lungs atm.

You're NOT looking at the linesman on the side, or not waiting for a stupid little whistle to be blown, you're looking at the damn ball and waiting for a chance to strike at goal.
Peripheral vision, normal human is perfectly cabable of seeing colorful things in peripheral vision.

I wonder what you would be saying if Messi was the forward in the same situation..
Exactly the same thing.
Harmonica
Harmonica
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by BeamsvilleGooner Thu Jun 07, 2012 12:00 am

VAN PERSIE VS BARCELONA! not even close. Shooting the ball a second after the whistle in an insane Camp Nou where he couldn't hear. Considering Arsenal were ahead on aggregate... Easily the most frustrating call I have ever seen.

BeamsvilleGooner
Prospect
Prospect

Club Supported : Arsenal

http://lastwordonsports.com/category/twoleftcleats/

Back to top Go down

Post by Lord Hades Thu Jun 07, 2012 12:16 am

When Oscar Wilde heard about Jiopsi he had something really valuable to say about him:

''Do not argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience.''
Lord Hades
Lord Hades
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Blue Barrett Thu Jun 07, 2012 12:18 am

Lord Hades wrote: When Oscar Wilde heard about Jiopsi he had something really valuable to say about him:

''Do not argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience.''
Quote of the month! :bow:
Blue Barrett
Blue Barrett
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Chelsea

Back to top Go down

Post by Harmonica Thu Jun 07, 2012 12:22 am

Lord Hades wrote: When Oscar Wilde heard about Jiopsi he had something really valuable to say about him:

Then most funny thing here is, you're the idiots. Tells something about the level of stupidity in here. Laughing
Harmonica
Harmonica
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Abramovich Thu Jun 07, 2012 12:29 am

Jiopsi vs the world..... R V P red or second yellow was just b s could tell the ref was gagging to send him off.
Abramovich
Abramovich
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Napoli

Back to top Go down

Post by Harmonica Thu Jun 07, 2012 12:33 am

Abramovich wrote:Jiopsi vs the world..... R V P red or second yellow was just b s could tell the ref was gagging to send him off.
I think that is one of the better arguments why it was a bs sending off. Tells a lot about the lobsideness of this debate.
Harmonica
Harmonica
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next