Post by lenear1030 Thu Jun 14, 2012 3:36 pm

'arry's car interviews>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

lenear1030
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Redknapp Leaves Spurs  - Page 3 Empty Re: Redknapp Leaves Spurs

Post by chinomaster182 Thu Jun 14, 2012 6:20 pm

Gomez83 wrote:Giovanni dos Santos to finally get playing time?

Fingers crossed!
chinomaster182
chinomaster182
Starlet
Starlet

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by The Messiah Thu Jun 14, 2012 6:30 pm

Spurs to hirer Newcastle Messiah...
The Messiah
The Messiah
Banned (Permanent)

Club Supported : Chelsea

http://pose-grpp.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by NiallQuinnsdiscoPants Thu Jun 14, 2012 6:59 pm

I don't actually think hes that good.

I don't think spurs are much improved compared to before he took over. Yes you can say he got them into the CL. But I think that's more down to circumstance, it was at a kind of transitional period when the traditional top 4 was changing, Liverpool had declined dramatically and wernt competitive, and City hadn't quite got their act together yet. There was a top 4 space there to be taken and spurs where the closest team to take it.

With FFP I think his time was coming to a end, he doesn't develop youth players, just spunks loads of cash on other teams players he has tapped up.

Look at his previous clubs they have all been left with severe financial difficulties after he left.
NiallQuinnsdiscoPants
NiallQuinnsdiscoPants
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Valencia

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Thu Jun 14, 2012 9:44 pm

NiallQuinnsdiscoPants wrote:I don't actually think hes that good.

I don't think spurs are much improved compared to before he took over. Yes you can say he got them into the CL. But I think that's more down to circumstance, it was at a kind of transitional period when the traditional top 4 was changing, Liverpool had declined dramatically and wernt competitive, and City hadn't quite got their act together yet. There was a top 4 space there to be taken and spurs where the closest team to take it.

With FFP I think his time was coming to a end, he doesn't develop youth players, just spunks loads of cash on other teams players he has tapped up.

Look at his previous clubs they have all been left with severe financial difficulties after he left.

Completely agree, compared to where Spurs were under Jol i dont see how they have improved much.

If Jol had the money that Redknapp had to spend i think he would take them further.

Also to the above poster mentioning Pardew, he already said he wants to stay at Newcastle and doesnt want the Tottenham job.

Also another thing, Redknapp has won 1 trophy in his entire managerial career, the hype this man gets is completely undeserved IMO.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG

Back to top Go down

Post by CBarca Thu Jun 14, 2012 11:57 pm

Tbf though, who else gives car interviews?

Not the greatest manager, but a legend in his own right.

I'll remember you Redknapp :bow:
CBarca
CBarca
NEVER a Mod

Club Supported : Athletic Bilbao

Back to top Go down

Post by Gemini Fri Jun 15, 2012 8:52 am

haha, this is a dark day for spurs. They had a great team and a good squad, harry did well to keep them. I think the 2 vital players to their team bale & modric are as good as gone now.

In a way they were probably leaving anyway it's up to moyes/new manager to replace them and that is going to be very difficult.

In a way, Harry will probably be happy as I don't think he could push this team further.

Gemini
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by II Capitano Fri Jun 15, 2012 11:32 am

This is similar to the Martin O'Neil situation at Aston Villa. Once O'Neil left, Aston Villa's stars (at the time) all left for big money prices, more than they are valued. James Milner, Stewart Downing, and Ashley Young were all sold, and, in essence, that had a negative impact on the club. The following managers were shockingly poor, and Villa have been on the verge of the three relegation spots over the past two seasons, which tells you a lot.

Harry Redknapp couldn't have taken this Tottenham side any further because he is far too old-fashioned and isn't diverse enough. There are a range of possibilities of utilising Luka Modric, Gareth Bale, Rafael van der Vaart in different roles, instead of playing he constant 4-4-2. Tottenham, however, can easily drop further down the table. Out of the three players mentioned, van der Vaart and Modric are the most likeliest to leave, Bale isn't too far off.

News, currently, is that AVB is on the verge of joining Tottenham. It would be an interesting appointment, to say the least.
II Capitano
II Capitano
Starlet
Starlet

Club Supported : Marseille

Back to top Go down

Post by RED Fri Jun 15, 2012 1:53 pm

They are pushing above their weight.....way above their weight. Last 3 seasons, Redknapp had them finishing 4th, 5th, 4th. For a club like Spurs, that is all they can hope for.

What seems to ultimately have cost Redknapp his job was the loss of a 10 point gap over Arsenal and the whole England fiasco. But surely you would think Levy would push that aside and think to himself, next season without no distraction, we will be even better.

Before Jan, Spurs were competing for the title, playing the best football in the league and were only 3 points behind United. smh. Levy is a clown.

Midtable here they come. Modric will def go now, along with Bale and VDV. It's over for them.
RED
RED
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by Art Morte Sat Sep 08, 2012 6:49 am

Redknapp has joined League One side Bournemouth - which he managed in the 80's - for an advisory role...

Sounds like he can't live without football in his life. I wonder will he ever get back to management, though?
Art Morte
Art Morte
Forum legendest

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by Dutti Sat Sep 08, 2012 7:09 am

Maybe he'll join Liverpool in the future? Laughing Laughing Laughing
Dutti
Dutti
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Sat Sep 08, 2012 7:19 am

Redknapp Leaves Spurs  - Page 3 123n7r
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Reggina

Back to top Go down

Post by The Messiah Sat Sep 08, 2012 10:43 am

Redknapp could probably return Liverpool back to their days of glory, not a manager who sent players out on scout.

Would love to see Liverpool back to their days of glory, I'm tired of seeing these clubs without history competing with us
The Messiah
The Messiah
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by Vlad the Impaler Sat Sep 08, 2012 10:50 am

The Messiah wrote:Redknapp could probably return Liverpool back to their days of glory, not a manager who sent players out on scout.

Would love to see Liverpool back to their days of glory, I'm tired of seeing these clubs without history competing with us

I agree with you.As a Man UTD fan i can really say that i prefer Liverpool (of course, without them investing 500 milion dollars) more than City or Chelsea, because i don't like their policy (making transfers of hundreds of millions of euros).

Let me give you some good news:

In about 2 ore 3 years, Man City, PSG, Chelsea, Real Madrid, Zenit, Anzhi etc. won't be able to buy players with 100 million dollars because of the "uefa's fair play policy".

Another good aspect will be that there will be no more transfers with more than 40 million euros.

And those two not because they will be restricted, but clubs won't handle the financial balance expected by UEFA.That's why AC Milan sold Ibrahimovic and Thiago Silva, they started to balance their financial situation.

Read this Smile

http://swissramble.blogspot.ro/2012/09/uefas-ffp-regulations-play-to-win.html

Vlad the Impaler
Vlad the Impaler
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by The Messiah Sat Sep 08, 2012 11:01 am

I already know about the financial fair play long ago, but I don't think it will change Liverpool situation or omens, even their academy is in need of serious improvement, City seems to have developed better players over the years.

I just feel what they need is proper strategy, but they will not attain this with their attitude of us against the world, they are too orthodox, from board member to managers, players and fans they share the-same mentality, they won't accept criticism or adapt, they stick to 100 old policies .

They need a manager like Redknapp to give them a proper strategy, his got a lot of balls and sometimes that's all you need, Van Gaal would've been the best but they missed out on him.

Criticism is more effective than praises and I truly want to see the reds in Champions league again, best performance in history of champions league was delivered by them and I would love to see them again, otherwise I won't be on their case

Last edited by The Messiah on Sat Sep 08, 2012 11:25 am; edited 2 times in total
The Messiah
The Messiah
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by Vlad the Impaler Sat Sep 08, 2012 11:04 am

Sincerely, i feel the same and i believe that without a miracle, Liverpool won't win an EPL title in the next 30 years.

And if Liverpool won't be a more serious opponent in EPL after this fair play policy will apply, it's a big problem.City and Chelsea will have to sell players, so they'll be much weaker.Many people don't understand why they (City) didn't buy that much this summer, because they know about this policy and when it will be applied, the last two years will be counted.The employers will be allowed to cover team's problems with maximum 45 million euros.City has now to recover 200 hundred millions of euros.That's very hard, without selling players.Because they also have to pay players wage and much more.
Vlad the Impaler
Vlad the Impaler
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by The Messiah Sat Sep 08, 2012 11:09 am

What a team needs is a proper strategy, every other thing is secondary, City wouldn't be where they are now if it wasn't for proper structure, although money brought forth that structure.

The Messiah
The Messiah
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by Onyx Sat Sep 08, 2012 11:11 am

He'll probably leave them soon and manage a club imo.

Onyx
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Vlad the Impaler Sat Sep 08, 2012 11:13 am

The Messiah wrote:What a team needs is a proper strategy, every other thing is secondary, City wouldn't be where they are now if it wasn't for proper structure, although money brought forth that structure.

Let's be honest.That strategy was 90% based on money...money What a Face So without money, no strategy would have worked.
Vlad the Impaler
Vlad the Impaler
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by The Messiah Sat Sep 08, 2012 11:19 am

vlafy wrote:
The Messiah wrote:What a team needs is a proper strategy, every other thing is secondary, City wouldn't be where they are now if it wasn't for proper structure, although money brought forth that structure.

Let's be honest.That strategy was 90% based on money...money What a Face So without money, no strategy would have worked.

money brought forth that structure.

Liverpool don't need as much money as City, they have history and that is sufficient to a reasonable extent, they can do it the Juventus or Bayern Munich way over time.

I'm sure they have spent more money than us, over the years
The Messiah
The Messiah
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by izzy Sat Sep 08, 2012 11:22 am

vlafy wrote:
The Messiah wrote:Redknapp could probably return Liverpool back to their days of glory, not a manager who sent players out on scout.

I agree with you.As a Man UTD fan i can really say that i prefer Liverpool (of course, without them investing 500 milion dollars) more than City or Chelsea, because i don't like their policy (making transfers of hundreds of millions of euros).

In about 2 ore 3 years, Man City, PSG, Chelsea, Real Madrid, Zenit, Anzhi etc. won't be able to buy players with 100 million dollars because of the "uefa's fair play policy".

Another good aspect will be that there will be no more transfers with more than 40 million euros.

And those two not because they will be restricted, but clubs won't handle the financial balance expected by UEFA.That's why AC Milan sold Ibrahimovic and Thiago Silva, they started to balance their financial situation.

Read this Smile

Affect Real Madrid?

Do you know what financial fair play is? Laughing
izzy
izzy
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Vlad the Impaler Sat Sep 08, 2012 11:25 am

The Messiah wrote:
vlafy wrote:

money brought forth that structure.

Liverpool don't need as much money as City, they have history and that is sufficient to a reasonable extent, they can do it the Juventus or Bayern Munich way over time.

I'm sure they have spent more money than us, over the years

Well said.Juventus got Pirlo free, brought Barzagli with 1 mil euros, Vidal with 10 or 11 millions euros and Marchisio is from the club.Simple, they had a greater policy, strategy, like you said.But i really feel that Italians are better at this and they have the great Marotta and Conte :coffee:

Later EDIT:

Real Madrid won't be affected, my mistake.And yes, i know what financial fair play is, happy?
Vlad the Impaler
Vlad the Impaler
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by izzy Sat Sep 08, 2012 11:38 am

I just find it funny that you guys are sitting here slating these clubs for some of the purchases they make.

Yet, bigger, more established clubs have been doing far worse for twice as long.

It tickles me inside. Laughing
izzy
izzy
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by The Messiah Sat Sep 08, 2012 11:48 am

izzy wrote:
vlafy wrote:

Read this Smile

Affect Real Madrid?

Do you know what financial fair play is? Laughing

Madrid will not be able to borrow 200-300million with financial fair play
The Messiah
The Messiah
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by izzy Sat Sep 08, 2012 11:50 am

The Messiah wrote:Madrid will not be able to borrow 200-300million with financial fair play

Good Grief. :facepalm:

Is it that hard to actually read up on what Finnacial fair play is?
izzy
izzy
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by halamadrid2 Sat Sep 08, 2012 11:50 am

borrowing has nothing to do with Financial fair play
halamadrid2
halamadrid2
Ballon d'Or Contender