Babun
jibers
Rossoneri Ninja
harhar11
Arquitecto
30 posters

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

Luis Suarez (The Spanish One) Pirlo Superior to Xavi  - Page 3 Empty Re: Luis Suarez (The Spanish One) Pirlo Superior to Xavi

Post by harhar11 Sat Jun 16, 2012 3:43 pm

Barrettinator wrote:
But then the Liverpool fans skewed it in the exact opposite direction. Laughing

No Liverpool fans have actually said that, though.
Only 2 Liverpool fans have posted and one of them admitted that Gerrard was/is not in the same league as the others and the other was just defending Gerrard by ironically calling him shit, but he didnt either say that Gerrard is/was better than the others.

harhar11
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Luis Suarez (The Spanish One) Pirlo Superior to Xavi  - Page 3 Empty Re: Luis Suarez (The Spanish One) Pirlo Superior to Xavi

Post by McAgger Sat Jun 16, 2012 9:01 pm

harhar11 wrote:
Barrettinator wrote:
But then the Liverpool fans skewed it in the exact opposite direction. Laughing

No Liverpool fans have actually said that, though.
Only 2 Liverpool fans have posted and one of them admitted that Gerrard was/is not in the same league as the others and the other was just defending Gerrard by ironically calling him shit, but he didnt either say that Gerrard is/was better than the others.

This! People need to learn how to read ffs. +1 mate
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Reggina

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Sat Jun 16, 2012 9:06 pm

jibers wrote:
Messiah "Aggerswagger" wrote:Well a complete midfielder would be one with an Eagle vision, with a powerful sniper shot, a great finisher, a precise tackler, has a stamina of a bull, has stellar positioning sense, has great technique and ball control, good headerer, good set piece taker, has strength and is physical, is both defensively and offensively sound, is a leader of his team, has a heart of a champion, etc. (simply an all around BAWS, I don't know how better to describe it). What else could a more complete midfielder mean?

Zidane

Zidane was obviously better than Gerrard but he wasn't more complete. Gerrard for me was superior to Zidane defensively. The only player, like I already mentioned before that could arguable been more complete than Gerrard was Matthaus.
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Sat Jun 16, 2012 9:08 pm

Barrettinator wrote:
Nishank wrote:
Le Samourai wrote:
This is a joke.

Its always been a joke, Gerrard has always been a shit player who does nothing and is overrated as hell in these forums.
Lampard, Pirlo, Sergio Ramos, Valdes, Gutierrez are better than him in Goalleagcy :facepalm:
Nobody's saying he's shit. He's just NOT what you Liverpool fans are trying to make him out to be. I mean, "most complete midfielder of all time"? He done f**k all to show he's "complete" even in a single match. Laughing

Ok then name me a more complete midfielder than Gerrard (other than Matthaus)
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Blue Barrett Sat Jun 16, 2012 9:09 pm

Messiah "Aggerswagger" wrote:
Barrettinator wrote:
Nishank wrote:
Le Samourai wrote:
This is a joke.

Its always been a joke, Gerrard has always been a shit player who does nothing and is overrated as hell in these forums.
Lampard, Pirlo, Sergio Ramos, Valdes, Gutierrez are better than him in Goalleagcy :facepalm:
Nobody's saying he's shit. He's just NOT what you Liverpool fans are trying to make him out to be. I mean, "most complete midfielder of all time"? He done f**k all to show he's "complete" even in a single match. Laughing

Without even calling too many names, the fact that you think Gerrard is more complete than Zidane is just laughable.
Blue Barrett
Blue Barrett
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Chelsea

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Sat Jun 16, 2012 9:13 pm

Barrettinator wrote:
Barrettinator wrote:
Nishank wrote:
Le Samourai wrote:
This is a joke.

Without even calling too many names, the fact that you think Gerrard is more complete than Zidane is just laughable.

How is it laughable, explain this to me?
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by jibers Sat Jun 16, 2012 9:14 pm

Barrettinator wrote:
Barrettinator wrote:
Nishank wrote:
Le Samourai wrote:
This is a joke.

How is it laughable, explain this to me?

Zidane was betetr at pretty much everything :facepalm:
jibers
jibers
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by Lord Hades Sat Jun 16, 2012 9:20 pm

stevie g is a beast . and while i dont agree that he is the most complete player of all time he is certainly one of the most complete players in this generation easy and yeah more complete than fat frank :coffee:
Lord Hades
Lord Hades
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by jibers Sat Jun 16, 2012 9:24 pm

This whole complete thing is BS. Why are we even talking about it? What does him being 'complete' have to do with anything? He is not and has never been on either pirlo ro xavis level. all this complete bs being spouted is just a way for messi agg to include him in thsii topic
jibers
jibers
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Le Samourai Sat Jun 16, 2012 9:27 pm

There are games I have seen, where Gerrard was the main presence on the pitch both in attack and defense.

One second he would making a final pass or scoring at the end of the play, the next he would be in his own box making a crucial tackle.He was the ultimate vertical player, up and down the pitch with attacking and defensive skills.

Add to that everything Messiah said.

I don't know if it's because of the joke that has become "box to box" but if no one respects that , so be it.
Le Samourai
Le Samourai
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Le Samourai Sat Jun 16, 2012 9:29 pm

Just want to know, how much better than Keane was Scholes?

Le Samourai
Le Samourai
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by jibers Sat Jun 16, 2012 9:32 pm

Le Samourai wrote:Just want to know, how much better than Keane was Scholes?

VKean was better at driving forwad and tackling and an all round leader. Scholes was a playmaker through nd through. Depends what you wanted, if you needed a player with a mf bite, then scholes is not your man. Keane is.
jibers
jibers
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Sat Jun 16, 2012 9:33 pm

jibers wrote:This whole complete thing is BS. Why are we even talking about it? What does him being 'complete' have to do with anything? He is not and has never been on either pirlo ro xavis level. all this complete bs being spouted is just a way for messi agg to include him in thsii topic

The whole complete thing is BS? Okay yet it is a subject of discussion in many different football forums and even more than once in GL. How many times do I have repeat that I'm not trying to compare Stevie to Xavi and Pirlo. The only reason I even started arguing about this was because Gerrard was brought up in the second post in this thread and was downgraded by you Jibers more than any.

Obviously you don't rate Gerrard, I don't even know why I'm bothering.
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Le Samourai Sat Jun 16, 2012 9:38 pm

jibers wrote:

VKean was better at driving forwad and tackling and an all round leader. Scholes was a playmaker through nd through. Depends what you wanted, if you needed a player with a mf bite, then scholes is not your man. Keane is.

But I mean, Scholes was a playmaker, surely he was just on another level altogether?

A player like Keane can never match up to the likes Pirlo and Xavi?
Le Samourai
Le Samourai
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by jibers Sat Jun 16, 2012 9:40 pm

Le Samourai wrote:
jibers wrote:

But I mean, Scholes was a playmaker, surely he was just on another level altogether?

A player like Keane can never match up to the likes Pirlo and Xavi?

Again depends what you want. Bite in mf, keane, dictator, scholes. Still I suppose Scholes was more talented. I see what you are trying to do but go ahead... Rolling Eyes
jibers
jibers
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Le Samourai Sat Jun 16, 2012 9:57 pm

I'm just trying to get some perspective on this jack of all trades master of none stuff.

It seems to me like its "Not master of one"
Le Samourai
Le Samourai
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Blue Sat Jun 16, 2012 10:08 pm

Barrettinator wrote:
Nishank wrote:
Le Samourai wrote:
This is a joke.

Ballack is not impressed.

Blue
Blue
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Chelsea

Back to top Go down

Post by Gemini Sat Jun 16, 2012 10:32 pm

While gerrard wasn't the quickest of players, best passers, best finishers, best tackling midfielder ... he pretty much could do it all but to a lesser degree of the more specialized players.

For instance, his own team mates, Alonso was a better passer, Mascherano was a better tackler, and torres was a better finisher.

Forget the finishing this is midfield we're talking about after all, Xabi alonso was imo way more complete, because he is actually a very good passer of the ball one of the best, he kept possession very well.
He was also a very strong tackler and good at set pieces it was alonso who allowed gerrard to get into the scoring positions that he did.

Xabi was highly underrated at liverpool and gerrard is a bit overrated, he is younger then pirlo and xavi similar aged to xabi alonso and getting way outshined.
If he was so complete it wouldn't be the case the truth is he relied a hell of a lot on energy and pace.

Gemini
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Sun Jun 17, 2012 1:03 am

I saw this Marca cover and i thought of this thread. It's titled "The brain of Europe", and on the left of the picture you can read "Xavi beats the record of passes in the Euros: 246 passes in 2 games."

It reminded me of some using the propaganda of playing countless of passes to be relevant. Xavi has been great so far in the Euros, but still not as good as Pirlo, but he has played more passes lol. Not a knock on either player, just food for thought...

Luis Suarez (The Spanish One) Pirlo Superior to Xavi  - Page 3 G1706.0920d90d66c9e03e43de741f801d3f88
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Nishankly Sun Jun 17, 2012 5:56 am

Barrettinator wrote:
Nishank wrote:
Le Samourai wrote:
This is a joke.

:facepalm:
Yeah i know, Gerrard is so so so so so so shit that Lampard is light years better than him.
Its not just you, All Chelsea fans are so butthurt over the fact Gerrard is better than Lampard.. Its a known fact so no surprises here.

But seriously try quoting the right post for your reply.
Nishankly
Nishankly
Spicy Curry

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Jun 17, 2012 6:43 am

Gerrard has been over-rated throughout his entire career and has been carried by a great Liverpool side and players like Sissoko, Hamman, Alonso, Mascherano, Charlie Adam, and Jay Spearing

Back to top Go down

Post by iNFINITY9910 Sun Jun 17, 2012 2:31 pm

Schweini wrote:Gerrard has been over-rated throughout his entire career and has been carried by a great Liverpool side and players like Sissoko, Hamman, Alonso, Mascherano, Charlie Adam, and Jay Spearing

Same could be said about Xavi, IMO.
iNFINITY9910
iNFINITY9910
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Corinthians

http://twitter.com/iNFINITY9910

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Sun Jun 17, 2012 5:58 pm

It could be said, if you have some kind of mental retardation.
The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Ganso Sun Jun 17, 2012 6:00 pm

iNFINITY9910 wrote:
Schweini wrote:Gerrard has been over-rated throughout his entire career and has been carried by a great Liverpool side and players like Sissoko, Hamman, Alonso, Mascherano, Charlie Adam, and Jay Spearing

Same could be said about Xavi, IMO.
:facepalm:
Ganso
Ganso
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by iNFINITY9910 Mon Jun 18, 2012 4:56 am

very well, thats why i added IMO... maybe i am retarded... Sad
iNFINITY9910
iNFINITY9910
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Corinthians

http://twitter.com/iNFINITY9910

Back to top Go down

Post by Nishankly Wed Jun 20, 2012 3:30 pm

http://www.goal.com/en-us/news/1956/europe/2011/11/25/2774117/claudio-marchisio-credits-juventus-teammate-alessandro-del-piero-

Claudio Marchisio on Steven Gerrard: "I have never seen such a complete midfielder."

Haha, But no obviously Marchisio's job is to play football, He obviously doesnt know the meaning of complete, His should keep his trap shut.

Daniele De Rossi on press conference today: "Steven Gerrard is my idol. He has been at the pinnacle for 10 years"

:bow:

People in this thread :facepalm:
Nishankly
Nishankly
Spicy Curry

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next