Luis Suarez To Juventus?

+3
LWL91
S
Juventude
7 posters

Go down

Luis Suarez To Juventus? Empty Luis Suarez To Juventus?

Post by Juventude Mon Jun 25, 2012 6:56 pm

Italian Champions Juventus have reportedly made a £14.5 million bid PLUS a player offer to Liverpool for their controversial striker Luis Suarez. That’s according to a report in Tuttosport who claim that the Anfield striker is wanted so desperately by the Serie A title holders that they will offer their Uruguayan international Milo Krasic to move in the other direction.

Reports are that the offer will be shunned by new Liverpool boss Brendan Rodgers who hopes to keep Suarez and believes he is a vital member of the squad as he embarks on a challenge to take Liverpool back into the Champions League.

Juventus boss Antonio Conte was hoping to tempt the Merseyside club into the sale by offering Krasic, who was a target of former boss Kenny Dalglish but the 25-year-old is not a player Rodgers wants to bring to the club. He is not prepared to entertain the thoughts of selling Suarez who was Liverpool’s one consistent striker last season and who he hopes to form a long partnership with Andy Carroll and target Fabio Borini.

At one point Liverpool looked likely to sell Suarez after his well publicised racism row with Man United left-back Patrice Evra but his 17 goals and 11 assists last season make him way too valuable to consider selling.
Juventude
Juventude
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Luis Suarez To Juventus? Empty Re: Luis Suarez To Juventus?

Post by S Mon Jun 25, 2012 7:03 pm

The only way we can sign this guy is if he forces himself out..I honestly dont see Liverpool qualifying for the CL next season and he will be making a much bigger leap forward by joining an ambitious club like Juventus.

Otherwise there's little chance signing him.Rodgers wants to build the team around him

Plus that is a rubbish offer Laughing
S
S
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by LWL91 Mon Jun 25, 2012 7:10 pm

Martin Caceres said they are roommates with Ururguay and has been for years now. They are close friends in private and so Suarez has appearantly asked Martin what it's like to play in Juve. Martin recommended it to Luis Suarez.. Suarez is an ambitios player but it seems the EPL is a good place for him.. Liverpool fans love him. No, the LOVE him. After the Evra episode he's an absolute fan favorite and that appeals to him ofc.. Chance of becoming a Liverpool legend etc etc..

But we have a chance luring him away now that we have a very good team and we're able to offer him a special status with the team. We have Champions League unlike Liverpool and we have Martin Caceres - whom he'd like to join up with ofc..

I rate Suarez the easiest Top Class striker for us to sign.. One of the best as well..

Higuain > Suarez > Lewandowski (Priority of class in my opinion)

Higuain; he's second choice in RM and we could make him first choice and offer him better contract.
Suarez; Liverpool ain't got CL and we could offer him that + better contract
Lewandoski; A top class contract. Money talks. He isn't on the best contract in BvB

Damiao is shit from the 4 games i've watched him play for Brazil. Dzeko would be too expensive because of his wages and Napoli asks for 70m € for Cavani so that makes him impossible as well.

I personally think Suarez is a very good player. He would suit our style very well. Very mobile and lethal in front of goal. Fantastic workrate and really works for the team. Little ego..

Last edited by LWL91 on Mon Jun 25, 2012 7:16 pm; edited 1 time in total
LWL91
LWL91
Starlet
Starlet

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by Juventude Mon Jun 25, 2012 7:14 pm

I just don't know what Juve does tactically with Suarez, Vucinic, and Giovinco. Suarez is more of a SS than CF. If you field Vucinic/Giovinco and Suarez, you are basically putting out two SS or three if we're in a 4-3-3. I like Suarez, but I still feel like we need a true CF more than a SS since we just signed Giovinco.
Juventude
Juventude
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by LWL91 Mon Jun 25, 2012 7:26 pm

Juventude wrote:I just don't know what Juve does tactically with Suarez, Vucinic, and Giovinco. Suarez is more of a SS than CF. If you field Vucinic/Giovinco and Suarez, you are basically putting out two SS or three if we're in a 4-3-3. I like Suarez, but I still feel like we need a true CF more than a SS since we just signed Giovinco.

Suarez was a goalscorer for Ajax. He is the topscorer in Liverpool as well.
Just because he isn't tall and strong doesn't mean he's not a good CF. Higuain isn't tall and strong either. I'd much rather have those two over a tall and strong striker. Or you could go with Lewandowksi - he's kind of a mix..
Benzema, Rooney, Aguero, Messi the list goes on.. The classic big guy Trez CF is not hot in modern football.. Wink
LWL91
LWL91
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by Juventude Mon Jun 25, 2012 7:33 pm

LWL91 wrote:
Juventude wrote:I just don't know what Juve does tactically with Suarez, Vucinic, and Giovinco. Suarez is more of a SS than CF. If you field Vucinic/Giovinco and Suarez, you are basically putting out two SS or three if we're in a 4-3-3. I like Suarez, but I still feel like we need a true CF more than a SS since we just signed Giovinco.

Just because he isn't tall and strong doesn't mean he's not a good CF. Higuain isn't tall and strong either. I'd much rather have those two over a tall and strong striker. Or you could go with Lewandowksi - he's kind of a mix..
Benzema, Rooney, Aguero, Messi the list goes on.. The classic big guy Trez CF is not hot in modern football.. Wink

I guess I disagree with you. He doesn't have to be a big tall guy, but I would like a classic finisher up front. I would be fine with Suarez if we didn't have similar players at the same position. Suarez is better than Vucinic and Giovinco, but you don't want your top strikers having the same qualities in my opinion or else that leads to problems.
Juventude
Juventude
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by davidsNC Tue Jun 26, 2012 1:29 am

LWL91 wrote:

i agree. i think his last season at ajax he was the top scorer in europe beating out messi et al. his scoring has gone down b/c of lverpool's lack of quality.

i'd have no problem putting a front 3 of

gio vucinic suarez

or rotating them and having matri/ or another CF up top (whose last name is not borriello)
davidsNC
davidsNC
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Luca Tue Jun 26, 2012 1:45 am

Juventus has played with many CFs under Conte, all of which have produced the same result.

I would much prefer to play with Vucinic, Suarez and Giovinco- all of which who can create and score.

You have 3 players who could each score 20 goals, and also provide 15 assists (although Giovinco scoring goals would be the biggest stretch, he probably won't be taking penalties/ free kicks for Juventus)

Anyways, three creative players up front would be really fun to see with Juventus' midfield

Luca
J Council Master

Back to top Go down

Post by Juventude Tue Jun 26, 2012 2:09 am

Luca wrote:Juventus has played with many CFs under Conte, all of which have produced the same result.

I would much prefer to play with Vucinic, Suarez and Giovinco- all of which who can create and score.

You have 3 players who could each score 20 goals, and also provide 15 assists (although Giovinco scoring goals would be the biggest stretch, he probably won't be taking penalties/ free kicks for Juventus)

Anyways, three creative players up front would be really fun to see with Juventus' midfield

I'd agree with you if our sample of CFs wasn't matri, boriello and an aging and recovering quags. I'd like to see us with a quality CF for a season rather than three SS players. We haven't even had the opportunity to see how the attack would work with a great CF.
Juventude
Juventude
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Luca Tue Jun 26, 2012 2:20 am

I don't think Quagliarella will ever be the same.
Boriello had half a season, and we've all been a little harsh on him in that time (although I don't see him as a great or even good player).

Matri went from being so potent to being considered (basically) a flop. I don't consider this a reflection on Matri, but on the team just not functioning to strengths of a traditional CF.

I would love to see some experimentation- especially as it seems that no quality CFs are in reach anyways (it is still early).

Luca
J Council Master

Back to top Go down

Post by juventus101 Tue Jun 26, 2012 4:05 pm

I would welcome Luis Suarez definitely. I thinn with Vucinic and Giovinco, we couod put a player like Suarez up top as the man forward and between the three of them we would get more than enough goals. Look at Barca, they havent had a real #9 since Ibra, yet theyve been doing incredible. Granted, they have Messi, but between Suarez, Vucinic, ans Gio, fhats a strong frontline with each one of them capabke of scoring 15-20 gials a season on their own, so with Suarez or even Vucinic acting as a false 9, i thinj it would work beautifully.

--Buffon--
--Lichsteiner-- --Barzagli-- --Chiellini-- --Isla--
--Vidal-- --Pirlo-- --Marchisio--
--Giovinco-- --Suarez-- --Vucinic--

With a second XI of:
--Storari--
--Caceres-- --B. Alves-- --Bonucci-- --De Ceglie--
--Asamoah-- --Marrone-- --Padoin--
--Pepe/Giacch-- --Matri-- --Quagliarella--

That looks amazing.
juventus101
juventus101
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by LWL91 Tue Jun 26, 2012 4:53 pm

Agree with everyone except Juventude Razz

Juventude literally faps a big guy rofl Just joking, mate..

But yes. Suarez utilized as CF is a good option. he might be considered more of a SS due to his creativity but he is a CF whether you like it or not with Liverpool. He plays alone up front in many games..

Having Giovinco and Vucinic on the field at the same time makes me a little sceptic though. None of them have great workrate and their style of play is too similar for me to see it flourish.. Adding Isla on the right would be the solution. With Isla, his workrate would free Giovinco some energy and make him even more dangerous doing his magic. Add to that Isla is a great tackler who could win the ball back before it leaves the opposition half.

The strongest starting XI with our current squad and Suarez:

Giovinco Suarez Isla
Marchisio Pirlo Vidal
Chiellini Bonucci Barzagli Licht
Buffon
Scudetto team right there...!

Giovinco or Vucinic? I pick Giovinco because of his superios statistics but we have plenty of games so both will definitely get lots of games. Vucinic for CL - Giovinco for Serie A...

And oh.. We need a new LB as well. I prefer Chiellini as CB no matter his performances as LB! (And that LB must be left footed according to Conte)
LWL91
LWL91
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by Luca Tue Jun 26, 2012 5:41 pm

That's actually an incredible starting 11 in my opinion, I would love to see that happen

With some slight adjustments- this would also work

Giovinco-Suarez
Isla-Marchisio-Pirlo-Vidal-Lichtsteiner
Chiellini-Bonucci-Barzagli
Buffon

Since we know that Isla can play left or right, or through the middle

But I like your 4-3-3 more

Luca
J Council Master

Back to top Go down

Post by Juventude Tue Jun 26, 2012 6:06 pm

I'm ok with an attack of Suarez, Gio, and Vucinic in Serie A games, but I think we will have problems against bigger German and English teams in UCL without a great CF. I think it would be a mistake by Marotta.
Juventude
Juventude
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by LWL91 Tue Jun 26, 2012 6:23 pm

Juventude wrote:I'm ok with an attack of Suarez, Gio, and Vucinic in Serie A games, but I think we will have problems against bigger German and English teams in UCL without a great CF. I think it would be a mistake by Marotta.

It all depends on the tactics..

Giovinco Suarez Isla
Marchisio Pirlo Vidal
Buffon

This one would be killer IMO.. One of the best lineups in Europe.. We have a dangerous attack with great creativity and workrate so we can keep possession. We have a world class midfield. With a top class LB we have a world class defense as well... Honestly.. I think it would be very difficult to set a better team then this.. So so strong, so creative, so Champions League worthy..
LWL91
LWL91
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by Juventude Tue Jun 26, 2012 6:55 pm

LWL91 wrote:
Juventude wrote:I'm ok with an attack of Suarez, Gio, and Vucinic in Serie A games, but I think we will have problems against bigger German and English teams in UCL without a great CF. I think it would be a mistake by Marotta.

It all depends on the tactics..

Giovinco Suarez Isla
Marchisio Pirlo Vidal
Buffon

This one would be killer IMO.. One of the best lineups in Europe.. We have a dangerous attack with great creativity and workrate so we can keep possession. We have a world class midfield. With a top class LB we have a world class defense as well... Honestly.. I think it would be very difficult to set a better team then this.. So so strong, so creative, so Champions League worthy..

We would also be giving up a lot of height up front against a typical EPL team. That entire front line is under 6 feet tall. The creativity is a great thing, don't get me wrong. But you can't compare us to Barca because Messi is just a freak.

If we can't sign a quality CF, then I can live with a front line of Suarez, Vucinic, and Gio. However, I think that we're a much more flexible team, which Conte loves, if we sign a CF.

If we can sign a player like Destro and Suarez, I'd very happy with that flexibility.

I really worry about a match like in 2005 against Liverpool where Juve was completely outsized by Liverpool's much bigger team. The samething could easily happen again with such a small front line. I don't want us to struggle against a bigger team and we have to rely on Quags, Matri, or Boriello to be our savior up front.

That's my biggest concern.
Juventude
Juventude
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Nishankly Tue Jun 26, 2012 7:04 pm

ffs
Hope it doesn't happen Sad
If it does, NO less than 40 million.
We bought him at 25+add ons, No less than 30. His value hasn't decreased.
Nishankly
Nishankly
Spicy Curry

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by S Tue Jun 26, 2012 7:08 pm

We wont sign him unless he wants to leave/hands in a transfer request.

Which is why i think someone like Dzeko will be more accessible for us to sign especially if City sign another forward which they are rumored to do.
S
S
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down