Juventude
S
Forza
BarcaKizz
8 posters

Go down

James Troisi Empty James Troisi

Post by BarcaKizz Thu Jun 21, 2012 4:08 am

Hey guys, apparently Juventus are about to sign 23 year Australian James Troisi. He'll then be loaned to Pescara for the season. He's in the middle of negotiations. A big step up for him, but he is talented. Would be great to see him get some time at some point.

Feel free to ask questions about him.

Troisi to realise Serie A dream

Welcome to Italy, mate ... James Troisi, right, and fellow Socceroos player Carl Valeri (Getty)
Australia midfielder James Troisi is set to snare a dream move to Juventus after turning down a $6 million offer to play in the Persian Gulf.
Troisi offered big money deal
Under the terms of the Italian deal, due to be officially confirmed imminently, the 23-year-old will sign for the Serie A champion which will in turn loan him out to promoted Pescara for the first year of his contract.

Troisi's father Alby, who doubles as his advisor and agent, has been working with London-based agent Frank Trimboli to secure the future of the player who quit Turkish Superliga team Kayserispor in May after a protracted dispute over unpaid wages.

Last week Troisi rejected a mega offer from Qatari club El Jaish in favour of a less lucrative but more challenging quest to test himself against the best in Europe.

“Talks with Juventus are ongoing and it looks like a deal will hopefully be done which sees him join the club and then go out to Pescara, which has just been promoted from Serie B, on a season-long loan,” Alby Troisi said.

“The plan then is for him to come back to Juventus in year two. That's where we’re at right now. It’s not totally secured yet but hopefully everything will be resolved by next week.”

The deal would make Troisi the seventh Australian to play in Serie A after Mark Bresciano, Vince Grella, John Aloisi, Paul Okon, Frank Farina and Zeljko Kalac.

Pescara won the Serie B title ahead of Torino on goal difference to return to the top flight after a 19-year absence while the Old Lady went unbeaten in winning the title by four points from AC Milan.

Fellow Australian Carl Valeri's dream of playing in Serie A was crushed when his team Sassuolo missed out on promotion after losing to Sampdoria in the playoffs.

Alby Troisi added: “If the deal goes ahead it will be a dream for James, it’s what every young player strives for.”

Troisi senior confirmed that his son’s decision was all about football, rather than cash on offer from El Jaish.

“James, at 23 years of age, has opted to test himself and see if he can reach his heights as a footballer and I support him all the way,” he added.

“Hopefully it’s the right call, if all goes well. As a young boy he wanted to be the very best he could and he’s stayed true to his word.

Adelaide-raised Troisi, who began his career with Premier League Newcastle United before moving to Turkey’s Genclerbirligi, was left out of the Socceroos squad for the 2014 FIFA World Cup qualifiers against Oman and Japan to sort out his future and will be pushing hard for a return to the fold for September’s qualifier in Jordan.
BarcaKizz
BarcaKizz
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

James Troisi Empty Re: James Troisi

Post by Forza Thu Jun 21, 2012 5:26 am

good player Thumbs up
Forza
Forza
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Fulham

Back to top Go down

Post by S Thu Jun 21, 2012 5:36 am

He is part of the Veratti deal i believe.
S
S
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by BarcaKizz Thu Jun 21, 2012 7:12 am

He plays as a winger normally.

This season he played 26 league games for 10 goals.

BarcaKizz
BarcaKizz
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Juventude Thu Jun 21, 2012 2:03 pm

Seems like an ok signing. I'm not going to get too excited about it. He was playing in the Turkish league. It will be good to see how he does in Serie A.
Juventude
Juventude
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Cassius Thu Jun 21, 2012 2:16 pm

I don't see this guy playing for Juve.

I see it as a type of Milan-Genoa-Boateng situation.

We buy them a player they like, we loan him to pescara in exchange for Veratti and then next season sell him to them as we get full ownership of Marco.

When I read rando 24 year old Australian signs for Juve from the Turkish league I was like No

But it all makes sense now. Very Happy
Cassius
Cassius
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Cotes Thu Jun 21, 2012 2:55 pm

Cassius_Case wrote:I don't see this guy playing for Juve.

I see it as a type of Milan-Genoa-Boateng situation.

We buy them a player they like, we loan him to pescara in exchange for Veratti and then next season sell him to them as we get full ownership of Marco.

When I read rando 24 year old Australian signs for Juve from the Turkish league I was like No

But it all makes sense now. Very Happy

you don't even know the dude...
Cotes
Cotes
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by Cassius Thu Jun 21, 2012 3:03 pm

So? Juve are an elite team again. If he was a 24 year old Australian playing in a team in a major team ripping it up I could understand but it doesn't matter if I don't know him it looks like what I suggested is going to happen. He's not exactly young and doesn't seem to be a major talent, he isn't going to be better than any player we currently have in his position and if we are going to buy only concrete better players will be acceptable.

I as a Juve fan personally don't want any more mediocre depth players at Juve. This isn't a crime.
Cassius
Cassius
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by BarcaKizz Thu Jun 21, 2012 3:11 pm

@Cassius_Case: You are right, he's just being loaned and obviously Pescara want him so Juve are using him as a bargaining chip. However, if he plays well he could at least get a chance to do preseason with you next year. Its good for Australia, we simply want him to get some quality football.

He's talented, but if I'm honest its more likely he'll be a financial buy for Juve... they'll hope he'll improve and sell him.

If he explodes though... its a win, win for all parties.
BarcaKizz
BarcaKizz
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Juventude Thu Jun 21, 2012 3:31 pm

Cassius_Case wrote:So? Juve are an elite team again. If he was a 24 year old Australian playing in a team in a major team ripping it up I could understand but it doesn't matter if I don't know him it looks like what I suggested is going to happen. He's not exactly young and doesn't seem to be a major talent, he isn't going to be better than any player we currently have in his position and if we are going to buy only concrete better players will be acceptable.

I as a Juve fan personally don't want any more mediocre depth players at Juve. This isn't a crime.

You're exactly right. We don't need to know the guy to have the opinion that he's probably being used to make the Verratti move happen. At his age, he is no more a prospect than Elia or Esti. Hopefully, he can do well for Pescara and maybe Juve will give him a second look, but everything Cassius said is correct in my opinion.
Juventude
Juventude
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Cotes Sat Jun 23, 2012 2:05 am

Cassius_Case wrote:So? Juve are an elite team again. If he was a 24 year old Australian playing in a team in a major team ripping it up I could understand but it doesn't matter if I don't know him it looks like what I suggested is going to happen. He's not exactly young and doesn't seem to be a major talent, he isn't going to be better than any player we currently have in his position and if we are going to buy only concrete better players will be acceptable.

That young boy from Padova that no one knew...
wasn't he mediocre then before he was given a chance?

You just saying this because of where the man is from...
I'm not saying we should up & sign every & anyone, but atleast see them play in ITALY before branding them as failure or mediocre...
Remember, Juve makes starts & not buy them!
Cotes
Cotes
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Luca Sat Jun 23, 2012 2:20 am

Cotes wrote:

That young boy from Padova that no one knew...
wasn't he mediocre then before he was given a chance?

You just saying this because of where the man is from...
I'm not saying we should up & sign every & anyone, but atleast see them play in ITALY before branding them as failure or mediocre...
Remember, Juve makes starts & not buy them!

Don't even try to compare the situations but I agree that optimism never hurts anyone

Luca
J Council Master

Back to top Go down

Post by Cassius Sat Jun 23, 2012 2:29 am

I'm always optimistic about players but like Luca said done even try to compare them two situations, Del Piero was in his teens and not 24. That's a big difference in footballing terms. And you say no body knew about Del Piero, they obviously did otherwise he would have never signed for a top club like Juve unlike this James guy, who is linked with pescara.

Also it's no crime either to judge a player from where he's from, and has been playing all his career.

Don't know why I'm still explaining lol he's not coming to us anyway so it doesn't even matter.
Cassius
Cassius
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Cotes Sat Jun 23, 2012 3:05 am

Cassius_Case wrote:I'm always optimistic about players but like Luca said done even try to compare them two situations, Del Piero was in his teens and not 24. That's a big difference in footballing terms. And you say no body knew about Del Piero, they obviously did otherwise he would have never signed for a top club like Juve unlike this James guy, who is linked with pescara.

Also it's no crime either to judge a player from where he's from, and has been playing all his career.

Don't know why I'm still explaining lol he's not coming to us anyway so it doesn't even matter.

Del Piero was bought to be added to a deal for a next player...
Cotes
Cotes
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by KIFFLO Sat Jun 23, 2012 4:44 am

Cotes wrote:
Cassius_Case wrote:I'm always optimistic about players but like Luca said done even try to compare them two situations, Del Piero was in his teens and not 24. That's a big difference in footballing terms. And you say no body knew about Del Piero, they obviously did otherwise he would have never signed for a top club like Juve unlike this James guy, who is linked with pescara.

Del Piero was bought to be added to a deal for a next player...

you might just be right Smile

You can read this sentance on wikipedia if you look up Dino Baggio, I know wikipedia is not always trustworthy but stil...

"After playing in the 1994 FIFA World Cup, Parma wanted to buy Baggio. At first, Baggio rejected the offer by Parma and wanted to stay at Juventus. Juventus were ready to offer Parma a youngster named Alessandro Del Piero instead of Baggio; Parma accepted, and with Del Piero all ready to go to Parma, Dino Baggio changed his mind on his decision and decided he would make the move to Parma. Del Piero stayed at Juventus and later became a legend at the club."
KIFFLO
KIFFLO
Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down