Impact on Kewell leaving A-League

2 posters

Go down

Impact on Kewell leaving A-League Empty Impact on Kewell leaving A-League

Post by The Sanchez Wed Jun 27, 2012 5:02 am

For me, Harry Kewell and Brett Emerton have been the two reasons why A-League have boosted in viewings and crowd attendance. We not see packed crowds but at least more Australians are watching football in Australia and seeing bright talents emerge. Harry Kewell, for me has taken some time to adapt to Australian conditions and has had both good and bad impacts on Melbourne Victory and the A-League though a move to England because of family issues, what does that present a message to the A-League, for the season to come? An Australian star has been lost and it is sad and I really would have liked to see him stay and see what Ange would have done with him in his system.
Harry Kewell moving back to England will be a bad choice for his futures for being an Australian Socceroo in the 2014 World Cup in Brazil. Moving back to England, presents more game time and higher demands and getting use to the days of high English game tempo and this may cause injuries to flare up. What do you think? Will Kewell's move to England, jeopardise his hopes for being a Socceroo player in the 2014 WC?
The Sanchez
The Sanchez
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Impact on Kewell leaving A-League Empty Re: Impact on Kewell leaving A-League

Post by BarcaKizz Wed Jun 27, 2012 8:06 am

I'm not sure what the statistics were... but as far as I know, they actually had an underwhelming impact. I wouldn't be surprised if more people took notice of the A-League and bothered to watch a couple, but I don't think the crowds spiked much at all. In the first few matches they definitely did, but it levelled out after that.

I think a few big names will be brought in this year as well anyway, and I'm expecting some good football this season... so I'm not too worried about Kewell leaving. I think he could come back anyway. Wouldn't be surprised if he wants to help Western Sydney :bow:
BarcaKizz
BarcaKizz
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by The Sanchez Wed Jun 27, 2012 10:55 am

Well he was born in Sydney. Liverpool infact (wow), so maybe when he realises what he wants to do in the future either a coach or a player...
The Sanchez
The Sanchez
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down