Is Xavi the best dictating CM of all time?

+31
nichabr
vivabarca38
alexjanosik
FennecFox7
briarfish
M99
kiranr
juventus101
Dreamau
Gemini
The Sanchez
Mamad
Tifoso Romanista
The Franchise
DRK
BarcaKizz
Sushi Master
Le Samourai
harhar11
billy_gr
Adit
Dnmac4
Die Borussen
RealGunner
Onyx
DuringTheWar
guest7
free_cat
billionmillion
Beautiful Football
jibers
35 posters

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

Is Xavi the best dictating CM of all time? - Page 2 Empty Re: Is Xavi the best dictating CM of all time?

Post by Tifoso Romanista Mon Jul 02, 2012 12:43 am

science is great , thanks to science we now have a greatest player out of utterly mediocre player , thanks

Tifoso Romanista
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Is Xavi the best dictating CM of all time? - Page 2 Empty Re: Is Xavi the best dictating CM of all time?

Post by Mamad Mon Jul 02, 2012 10:02 am

Xavi :bow: .

in 2nd goal when i saw Alba's run i said come on Xavi send one of your goat passes and he did. what a player.
Mamad
Mamad
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by The Sanchez Mon Jul 02, 2012 11:05 am

Tifoso Romanista wrote:science is great , thanks to science we now have a greatest player out of utterly mediocre player , thanks

Your Welcome. Good to know you appreciate the best dictating CM in the world Rolling Eyes
The Sanchez
The Sanchez
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by billy_gr Mon Jul 02, 2012 11:37 am

Tifoso Romanista wrote:science is great , thanks to science we now have a greatest player out of utterly mediocre player , thanks

yes because Xavi is a physical, non stop running engine, by-product of chemicals. It's not like the best aspects of his game are purely technical.
Then again sience can grant you, vision, passing skills, awareness etc...
billy_gr
billy_gr
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Gemini Mon Jul 02, 2012 12:34 pm

haha what are you talking about lol? What's science got to do with Xavi? I wouldn't usually bother, but this is ridiculous.

Gemini
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by jibers Mon Jul 02, 2012 12:43 pm

Is Xavi the best dictating CM of all time? - Page 2 IEPiPTtazbXVH_2012720416
jibers
jibers
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by The Sanchez Tue Jul 03, 2012 3:02 am

Gemini wrote:

haha what are you talking about lol? What's science got to do with Xavi? I wouldn't usually bother, but this is ridiculous.

Trolls... Gotta love them... :coffee:
The Sanchez
The Sanchez
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Dreamau Thu Jul 05, 2012 5:18 am

Xavi is a footballing genius, his passing, vision, and ability to control the pace of the game are unmatched by anyone EVER
No he isn't the best CM of all time but saying that is a whole lot closer to the truth than calling him average.

Dreamau
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by juventus101 Thu Jul 05, 2012 6:49 am

Pirlo > Xavi. In the final Italy just didnt show up. It was basically Pirlo and Balotelli vs Spain. Italys defense was non-existent and at one point we were even down to 10 men for the last 25 or so minutes. Not to mention when youre playing with 6 central midfielders for Spain or 4 for Barca, of course youll have the dominant midfield, but alot of it is purely because your midfield outnumbers your opponents midfield, which usually uses 2 or 3 CMs, not 6 like Spain. Look at Pirlos midfeld displays in 06. Now we didnt hold possession like Spain does, but thats not what Italy were about. But if you want to see beautiful midfield displays, look at that. And that wasnt dominance because of numbers. That was just Pirlo, Gattuso, and usually either Perrotta or De Rossi. That was dominance because of skill, and only skill. None of that " im gonna make sure i win the midfield/possession battle by throwing 6 CMs on!". Im not saying Xavis not incredible, but Pirlo is without a doubt better.

Last edited by juventus101 on Thu Jul 05, 2012 6:56 am; edited 1 time in total
juventus101
juventus101
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by jibers Thu Jul 05, 2012 6:51 am

juventus101 wrote:Pirlo > Xavi. In the final Itaky just didnt show up. It was basically Pirlo and Balotelli vs Spain. Italys defense was non-existent and at one point we were even down to 10 men for the last 25 or so minutes. Not to mention when youre playing with 6 central midfielders for Spain or 4 for Barca, of course youll have the dominant midfield, but alot of it is purely because your midfield outnumbers your opponents midfield, which usually uses 2 or 3 CMs, not 6 like Spain.

Dude don't be deluded. Xavi is better than Pirlo. LOL. Xavi has controlled games in 2 euro finals, a WC final, 2 cl finals, 2 copa finals, the man is better. If Pirlo had stayed in Milan last season you would not be saying this. Stop letting Bias cloud your judgement.
jibers
jibers
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by The Sanchez Thu Jul 05, 2012 6:54 am

juventus101 wrote:Pirlo > Xavi. In the final Itaky just didnt show up. It was basically Pirlo and Balotelli vs Spain. Italys defense was non-existent and at one point we were even down to 10 men for the last 25 or so minutes. Not to mention when youre playing with 6 central midfielders for Spain or 4 for Barca, of course youll have the dominant midfield, but alot of it is purely because your midfield outnumbers your opponents midfield, which usually uses 2 or 3 CMs, not 6 like Spain.

:facepalm: I find your argument amusing... :coffee:
The Sanchez
The Sanchez
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Dreamau Thu Jul 05, 2012 6:59 am

I have a huge respect for Pirlo , He was rather a victom of Milan's unstable situation , the truth is they could have never recover from Kaka's departure ^^

Dreamau
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by juventus101 Thu Jul 05, 2012 7:03 am

Xavi hasnt controlled nsarly what you vuys are making it seem. You guys need to go back and watch the games luke i have, instead of just saying Xavi controlled this or that just because Spain won. Xavi had a decent Euro 08 but was outshone by Fabregas who was used as a sub. In 2010 David Villa was carrying Spain on his shoulders. They got past Germany through a Puyol header from a zonal marking mistake by Germany on a corner, while barely winning the midfield battle even though Spain had a 4 vs 2 numbers advantage, and Schweini was just as good as Xavi in that game anyways. Then Xavi barely did anything against the Netherlands, and was outshone by Sneijder and Spain was lucky that Ro ben was having an off day with his finishing (seems pretty common now, but usually hes pretty good at finishing chances). In 2012 he had 5 other CMs on the field supporting him. And Pirlo being at Juve now has nothing to do with it, ive always had massuvr respect for Pirlo. Pirlo is better in my opinion.
juventus101
juventus101
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by kiranr Thu Jul 05, 2012 7:25 am

Xavi controls games like no other. He is always running into space and receiving the ball and has the pass decided before even taking a touch. He knows where his teammates are at all times and has spectacular vision. He sets up the game from the back unlike Pirlo. He also has enough guile to make runs into the box and score goals.

I can't separate the two, but i prefer Xavi in my team. If you watched Spain and Barcelona and Milan and Italy like i have, then you will know the difference and you wouldn't say such things.

Sadly, i think you don't watch Xavi enough.
kiranr
kiranr
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by M99 Thu Jul 05, 2012 9:48 am

I'm quite sure if Italy won, this thread would have not been created.

Yeah, arguably he is, another Champions League Or World Cup will leave no doubt.
M99
M99
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by The Sanchez Thu Jul 05, 2012 10:19 am

Clearly Barca fans are trolling Italian fans... :coffee:
The Sanchez
The Sanchez
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by juventus101 Thu Jul 05, 2012 1:01 pm

Exactly. If Italy won, this thread wouldve never been created. But Italy, besides Balotelli and Pirlo, just didnt show up. That was not the same Italy with hunger against Germany and England. It looked like they didnt give a shit. Nothing Pirlo could do all by himself. Hed play a beautiful ball to Balotelli, Balo would knock it down to someone like Cassano or Toto, and theyd lose it cheaply. Gimme a break with this shit.
juventus101
juventus101
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by juventus101 Thu Jul 05, 2012 1:04 pm

Why didnt anyone dispute the things i said in my other post? Maybe because those points i made are true? Yep, think so.
juventus101
juventus101
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by jibers Thu Jul 05, 2012 1:11 pm

juventus101 wrote:Exactly. If Italy won, this thread wouldve never been created. But Italy, besides Balotelli and Pirlo, just didnt show up. That was not the same Italy with hunger against Germany and England. It looked like they didnt give a shit. Nothing Pirlo could do all by himself. Hed play a beautiful ball to Balotelli, Balo would knock it down to someone like Cassano or Toto, and theyd lose it cheaply. Gimme a break with this shit.

LOL in the Pirlo vs Xavi thread I made months ago most people agreed Xavi was better. One tournamnet doesn't change anything. Xavi is more mobile and is better at keeping the ball. The difference isnt as big as some people are making it out to be but Xavi is still better. Three times in top 3 balon dor, MVP in euro 2008. Best playmaker for like 4 years running. This thing together are what Pirlo has never really achieved.
jibers
jibers
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by kiranr Thu Jul 05, 2012 1:12 pm

It is not like anybody has disputed my points either.

And you seem to have cherry picked some non-existent scenarios and moments to prove Xavi is bad. They are non-points, hence no one has refuted them.
kiranr
kiranr
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by briarfish Thu Jul 05, 2012 1:25 pm

Although I'm a fan of Barca (since 20 years) and very much like Xavi & Co., I must say that Pirlo was better in the EC. He did every thing right and was important for the team like no other. Xavi was quite good, but not great as he used to be. The problem is that Spain is too strong and has too many good midfield players around Xavi so that he could do anything he want.

briarfish
Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by juventus101 Thu Jul 05, 2012 1:34 pm

Why are they non points? Because Xavi had a few excellent games but was outshone by Fabregas in the big games in 08? That David Villa carried Spain in 2010? That he had 5 midfielders backing him up in 2012, so of course Spains gonna win the midfield battle? The thing you dont seem to understand is, Xavi didnt beat Pirlo. Xavi, Iniesta, Fabregas, Silva, Busquets, and Alonso beat Pirlo, Marchisio, and De Rossi.

3 Ballon Dor runner-ups? When you have Messi and Barcelona behind you and one of their icons, of course youll get alot of praise. Did he deserve them over Ronaldo or Sneijder or even Etoo? No.
MVP in Euro 08 i already explained, as he did well in the groups but was outshone by Fabregas in the big games. Pirlo on the othed hand was the best player on the field for Italy against France in 06, as well as many other games. And when Pirlo is in his prime, it wasnt as easy to get into top 3 bdcause it wasnt a two.horse race and then some random guy gets third like it is now. Back then there was Zizou, Ronaldinho, Cannavaro, Henry, Nesta, Pirlo, R9, Cristiano Ronaldo, Totti, Del Piero, Nedved, Kaka, Ballack, Gerrard, Buffon, Kahn, etc all in their primes (besides 1 or 2 of them) fighting for those spots.
juventus101
juventus101
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by kiranr Thu Jul 05, 2012 1:36 pm

You saying Xavi had bad games does not make it true though you know.

kiranr
kiranr
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by kiranr Thu Jul 05, 2012 1:40 pm

juventus101 wrote: Zizou, Ronaldinho, Cannavaro, Henry, Nesta, Pirlo, R9, Cristiano Ronaldo, Totti, Del Piero, Nedved, Kaka, Ballack, Gerrard, Buffon, Kahn, etc all in their primes (besides 1 or 2 of them) fighting for those spots.

If Messi was playing at the time, it would have been a 2 horse race and some random scrub getting third.
kiranr
kiranr
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by jibers Thu Jul 05, 2012 1:45 pm

kiranr wrote:
juventus101 wrote: Zizou, Ronaldinho, Cannavaro, Henry, Nesta, Pirlo, R9, Cristiano Ronaldo, Totti, Del Piero, Nedved, Kaka, Ballack, Gerrard, Buffon, Kahn, etc all in their primes (besides 1 or 2 of them) fighting for those spots.

If Messi was playing at the time, it would have been a 2 horse race and some random scrub getting third.

This. Messiwould still win above those guys easily.
jibers
jibers
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by billy_gr Thu Jul 05, 2012 1:58 pm

Ah, Xavi… overrated in 2008, invisible in 2010 and worthless in 2012…
What’s wrong with Spain’s coaches??? Media hypnosis right there my friends Smile
billy_gr
billy_gr
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next