Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Iniesta > Cristiano Ronaldo - Page 3 Empty Re: Iniesta > Cristiano Ronaldo

Post by jibers Tue Jul 03, 2012 8:05 am

Lord Hispano wrote:
jibers wrote:
Ronaldo isn't a winger...

Why not?

Mourinho: Speaking firstly of his Portuguese attacker, the former Chelsea, Inter and F.C. Porto manager remarked: "We try to find a position that is the most comfortable for Cristiano Ronaldo, and there is always the debate. Is he a forward? I don't think that he is. I think he is great when one-on-one against a rival. Is he a winger? No, because he is also a goalscorer and when you are a winger, how many goals do you score in a season, half a dozen? I think that he is the mixture of two things. He is in great shape and he's more mature now. He has everything."
jibers
jibers
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by Lord Awesome Tue Jul 03, 2012 8:10 am

jibers wrote:
Lord Hispano wrote:
jibers wrote:

Why not?

Mourinho: Speaking firstly of his Portuguese attacker, the former Chelsea, Inter and F.C. Porto manager remarked: "We try to find a position that is the most comfortable for Cristiano Ronaldo, and there is always the debate. Is he a forward? I don't think that he is. I think he is great when one-on-one against a rival. Is he a winger? No, because he is also a goalscorer and when you are a winger, how many goals do you score in a season, half a dozen? I think that he is the mixture of two things. He is in great shape and he's more mature now. He has everything."

That's Mou's opinion, bro. Which I don't completely agree with. That's like saying Pirlo and Xabi Alonso are not DM's because they pass the ball too well for you standard DM's, or Messi's not a false 9 but a true 9 because his scoring rate is out of this world. I agree with the mix part because he has the charateristics of both.

Now tell me what's "your" opinion if you have one, that is.

Last edited by Lord Hispano on Tue Jul 03, 2012 8:12 am; edited 1 time in total
Lord Awesome
Lord Awesome
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Roma

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Tue Jul 03, 2012 8:11 am

Iniesta > Cristiano Ronaldo - Page 3 1341221272_extras_noticia_foton_7_0
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by jibers Tue Jul 03, 2012 9:04 am

Lord Hispano wrote:
jibers wrote:
Lord Hispano wrote:
jibers wrote:

Why not?

That's Mou's opinion, bro. Which I don't completely agree with. That's like saying Pirlo and Xabi Alonso are not DM's because they pass the ball too well for you standard DM's, or Messi's not a false 9 but a true 9 because his scoring rate is out of this world. I agree with the mix part because he has the charateristics of both.

Now tell me what's "your" opinion if you have one, that is.

I already gave mu opinion in the 1st page of the topic. On him being a winger? He hasnt been a winger since 2007.
jibers
jibers
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Donuts Tue Jul 03, 2012 9:55 am

Only thing that is unique about CR7 is his goal tally, that is it. Iniesta has so much more to offer a team.
Donuts
Donuts
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : FC Basel

Back to top Go down

Post by Ion Creanga Tue Jul 03, 2012 10:22 am

Than... How the hell Real Madrid won the championship? Messi> than any other RM players, Iniesta>Ronaldo, Xavi>any RM midfielder .. In a championship there are 38 matches so, if all Barcelona players are better than RM's, Barcelona should have 40 points ahead.

Real Madrid> Barcelona with less value players... Mourinho is a genius

Ion Creanga
Ion Creanga
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by jibers Tue Jul 03, 2012 10:37 am

Look, Iniesta might be a better 'footballer' (whatever your definition is), but Ronaldo is far more consistent at what he does than Iniesta is at what he does. As I said, over a tournament I would rather have Iniesta, buy over the course of a league seaosn, ROnaldo is far mor effective.
jibers
jibers
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaled Tue Jul 03, 2012 10:38 am

Lord Hispano wrote:
billionmillion wrote:but i believe other than ronaldo can score same amount of goals in madrid.
Benzema scored 32 goals, Ronaldo scored 60 goals. Take those 12 penalties from Ronaldo and give it to Benzema.
Result Benzema have 44 goals and C.Ronaldo 48 goals.

So my friend Benzema scored 44 goals being a bench player, CR scored 48 goals playing all matches. So how CR is a unique scorer? Laughing i didnt even mention Benzema's 20 assists compared to CR's 15

How is Ronaldo unique? The answer is in the proposition you gave me.

Benz wasn't a bench player he was rotated.

Here's the answer.

Benzema's the Center Forward: 44 goals with Penalties included.
Ronaldo's the Wing Forward: 48 goals scored with no Penalties included.

Yeah probably nothing special having your Wing Forward score more goals than you're Center Forward even with Penalties included. :coffee:

Seriously has there ever been a Wing Player who's ever scored so much in the history of the sport?

Off Topic:
And are you really Argentinian? Just wondering. You don't have to answer if you don't want to.

- Cristiano 2011-12 @RealMadrid: 60 goals, 15 assist in 55 games (4870 minutes).

- Benzema 2011-12 @Real Madrid: 32 goals, 15 assist in 52 games (3430 minutes).

notes:
- Cristiano scored 14 of 60 goals from penalties, Bezema 0 from 32.
- Cristiano played 1440 more minutes than Benzema (its 16 more "90 minutes" games).
Khaled
Khaled
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by danyjr Tue Jul 03, 2012 10:43 am

tuddor wrote:Than... How the hell Real Madrid won the championship? Messi> than any other RM players, Iniesta>Ronaldo, Xavi>any RM midfielder .. In a championship there are 38 matches so, if all Barcelona players are better than RM's, Barcelona should have 40 points ahead.

• Injuries
  • Tactical changes and experimentations (4-3-3 to 3-4-3)
  • Barcelona's smaller squad
  • Refereeing decisions
  • Hard to get to top but even harder to stay on top. How many teams in the past two decades have won 4 consecutive league titles?
danyjr
danyjr
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Boca Juniors

http://www.tikitakatoom.ml

Back to top Go down

Post by Valkyrja Tue Jul 03, 2012 10:48 am

danyjr wrote:
tuddor wrote:Than... How the hell Real Madrid won the championship? Messi> than any other RM players, Iniesta>Ronaldo, Xavi>any RM midfielder .. In a championship there are 38 matches so, if all Barcelona players are better than RM's, Barcelona should have 40 points ahead.

• Injuries
  • Refereeing decisions
  • Hard to get to top but even harder to stay on top. How many teams in the past two decades have won 4 consecutive league titles?

Iniesta > Cristiano Ronaldo - Page 3 Tumblr_m2ujfd8H5l1r34z3ro5_400
Valkyrja
Valkyrja
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by danyjr Tue Jul 03, 2012 10:50 am

Kizu wrote:Iniesta > Cristiano Ronaldo - Page 3 Tumblr_m2ujfd8H5l1r34z3ro5_400
Strong, comprehensive and logical reply. Want a cookie?
danyjr
danyjr
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by jibers Tue Jul 03, 2012 10:51 am

danyjr wrote:

• Injuries
  • Refereeing decisions

Madrid were better, accept it. Scored more goals and demolished teams BArcelona were struggling with.
jibers
jibers
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by danyjr Tue Jul 03, 2012 10:54 am

Of course Madrid were the better team. They had a record-breaking season. They finally beat Barcelona at Camp Nou after years of getting humiliated in front of their own fans year after year. I am providing you with reasons why they were the better team.
danyjr
danyjr
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by guest7 Tue Jul 03, 2012 11:01 am

Your reasons are invalid, we were the better team becouse we trashed almost every team we went against and owned you in your precious Camp Nou. All of your reasons dont matter really, you've never achieved 100 points in your history so you can't tell me you would have won the league if you had no injuries
guest7
guest7
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by danyjr Tue Jul 03, 2012 11:06 am

Stop acting like anyone who criticises your precious team is a Barça fan.
danyjr
danyjr
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaled Tue Jul 03, 2012 11:25 am

billionmillion wrote:
Lord Hispano wrote:Speed, Strength, Power copled with Consistancy and
Khaled wrote:Control, Passing, technique, Dribbling, Vision, Creativity...
Iniesta is much better...

Speed, Strength, Power, Aerial dominace copled with Consistancy and Tenacity with a fair degree in Technique especially Crossing Long Passes and first Touch.
Ronaldo is much better than everyone in the world ATM. :coffee: Doesn't need a system like Messi does.
what? Ronaldo needs system more than anybody. according to statistics 80% of his goals were directly assisted. which means team created for him to score. in messi's case it was 55%. so who needs his team-mates more?

dont fool yourself when you see CR shooting from long distances, they never go in, most of his goals are tap-ins and penalties. also in euro he got 3 direct assist which every top striker would score from them

100%

‏Via @castrolfootball
Ronaldo has now had 70 shots from outside the box at major tournaments, but has yet to score a goal from distance.
Khaled
Khaled
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaled Tue Jul 03, 2012 11:29 am

Se7en wrote:Your reasons are invalid, we were the better team becouse we trashed almost every team we went against and owned you in your precious Camp Nou. All of your reasons dont matter really, you've never achieved 100 points in your history so you can't tell me you would have won the league if you had no injuries

So you win 2-1 (score 2 goals from 2 chances) = ownning Barca ? :facepalm:

If winning 2-1, is called owning.. What should we call the 5-0, 1-3, 2-6, 0-2 etc.. (9 wins) wins by Guardiola's Barcelona vs Real Madrid . hmm
Khaled
Khaled
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Onyx Tue Jul 03, 2012 11:33 am

Iniesta offers more than Ronaldo. However due to Ronaldo's stats he'll be up there for Ballon d'Or.

Onyx
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by guest7 Tue Jul 03, 2012 11:33 am

Khaled wrote:
Se7en wrote:Your reasons are invalid, we were the better team becouse we trashed almost every team we went against and owned you in your precious Camp Nou. All of your reasons dont matter really, you've never achieved 100 points in your history so you can't tell me you would have won the league if you had no injuries

If winning 2-1, is called owning.. What should we call the 5-0, 1-3, 2-6, 0-2 etc.. (9 wins) wins by Guardiola's Barcelona vs Real Madrid . hmm

Please if you're gonna be delusional atleast make a small bit of sense. CR7 even missed a TAP IN in the final minutes ffs. :facepalm: We had more shots than you, you didn't even have a shot on target before Sanchez goal and I think that was your only since you were busy passing between Pique and Mascherano instead of scoring one.

And Guardiola has the referees to thank for winning so many Clasicos. Even danyjr (a barca fan) agreed that Barca has had some help in Clasicos.
guest7
guest7
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaled Tue Jul 03, 2012 11:54 am

Se7en wrote:
Khaled wrote:

Please if you're gonna be delusional atleast make a small bit of sense. CR7 even missed a TAP IN in the final minutes ffs. :facepalm: We had more shots than you, you didn't even have a shot on target before Sanchez goal and I think that was your only since you were busy passing between Pique and Mascherano instead of scoring one.

And Guardiola has the referees to thank for winning so many Clasicos. Even danyjr (a barca fan) agreed that Barca has had some help in Clasicos.

:facepalm:

On the last clasico, Guardiola cared so much that he started with inexperienced Tello and Thiago Smile

------------------------

Last Clasico stats via @whoscored

Posession: 72 vs 28.
Shots (On target): 14 (3) vs 14 (6).
Corners: 4-7
Dribbles: 20-8

Real Madrid were better and deserved to win no doubt.. but owning? looooooooooooooooooool
Khaled
Khaled
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by danyjr Tue Jul 03, 2012 1:21 pm

I don't want to get in the Madrid vs Barcelona fight, but the evidence is there for people to see them, the cameras show them, as do press conferences. If one would like to put a blind eye to the evidence, there is nothing I or anyone can do. I am not here to convince anybody.
Se7en wrote:Even danyjr (a barca fan) agreed that Barca has had some help in Clasicos.
:facepalm:

I'm done with this thread.
danyjr
danyjr
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Lord Hades Tue Jul 03, 2012 2:00 pm

Khaled wrote:
Lord Hispano wrote:
billionmillion wrote:but i believe other than ronaldo can score same amount of goals in madrid.
Benzema scored 32 goals, Ronaldo scored 60 goals. Take those 12 penalties from Ronaldo and give it to Benzema.
Result Benzema have 44 goals and C.Ronaldo 48 goals.

So my friend Benzema scored 44 goals being a bench player, CR scored 48 goals playing all matches. So how CR is a unique scorer? Laughing i didnt even mention Benzema's 20 assists compared to CR's 15

How is Ronaldo unique? The answer is in the proposition you gave me.

Benz wasn't a bench player he was rotated.

Here's the answer.

Benzema's the Center Forward: 44 goals with Penalties included.
Ronaldo's the Wing Forward: 48 goals scored with no Penalties included.

Yeah probably nothing special having your Wing Forward score more goals than you're Center Forward even with Penalties included. :coffee:

Seriously has there ever been a Wing Player who's ever scored so much in the history of the sport?

Off Topic:
And are you really Argentinian? Just wondering. You don't have to answer if you don't want to.

- Cristiano 2011-12 @RealMadrid: 60 goals, 15 assist in 55 games (4870 minutes).

- Benzema 2011-12 @Real Madrid: 32 goals, 15 assist in 52 games (3430 minutes).

notes:
- Cristiano scored 14 of 60 goals from penalties, Bezema 0 from 32.
- Cristiano played 1440 more minutes than Benzema (its 16 more "90 minutes" games).

as you might have noticed, penalties arent guaranteed goals , you just cant assume a player will score all the time from the penalty spot, ronaldo deserves credit for his consistency from there
Lord Hades
Lord Hades
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by Le Samourai Tue Jul 03, 2012 2:09 pm

As i say often, Cristiano deserves credit for penalties and set pieces etc, but from open play within the natural flow and tempo of the game, I personally would take Benz and Ozil ahead of him.

And please don't compare Benz goal stats to Cristiano's ffs, Cristiano takes 3x the number of shots and the entire team feeds him (rightfully so)...Benz's job is primarily to create and he does that exquisitely.
Le Samourai
Le Samourai
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaled Tue Jul 03, 2012 2:24 pm

Le Samourai wrote:As i say often, Cristiano deserves credit for penalties and set pieces etc, but from open play within the natural flow and tempo of the game, I personally would take Benz and Ozil ahead of him.

And please don't compare Benz goal stats to Cristiano's ffs, Cristiano takes 3x the number of shots and the entire team feeds him (rightfully so)...Benz's job is primarily to create and he does that exquisitely.

That's another good point:

- Benzema took 142 Shots, scored 28 goals in Liga+UCL. (Goal every 5 shots)

- Cristiano took 338 to score 56 goals. (Goal every 6 Shots)

Khaled
Khaled
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Zero Tue Jul 03, 2012 2:38 pm

danyjr wrote:

• Injuries
  • Refereeing decisions :bow:

In short, came up short. eco smile
Zero
Zero
Starlet
Starlet

Club Supported : Marseille

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next