Luca
S
Juveman17
11 posters

Go down

No-one could afford Verratti Empty No-one could afford Verratti

Post by Juveman17 Mon Jul 02, 2012 8:08 pm

http://www.football-italia.net/20702/no-one-could-afford-verratti

Pescara’s President Daniele Sebastiani has revealed that the main reason his club did not sell Marco Verratti is because of a lack of money in Serie A.

The highly-rated creative midfielder was the subject of negotiation for the Delfini owner with both Juventus and Napoli, but in the end was taken off the market.

Citing a lack of credible finance to any proposals made, Sebastiani hinted that the player may well end up moving abroad a year from now as a result.

“In this market they [Serie A clubs] are not running with a lot of money,” the President told Il Centro.

“So far, all we have had proposed for Verratti has been player exchanges. The only plausible hypothesis would be a good offer from abroad.

“We’ll see what happens. Right now, Marco is happy here and next year we can find clubs that will pay twice as much.”

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

How could we not afford him? That's impossible he can't be anywhere near 20 Million Euro. And if that we could still afford him.
Juveman17
Juveman17
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Fulham

https://www.youtube.com/user/juveman176

Back to top Go down

No-one could afford Verratti Empty Re: No-one could afford Verratti

Post by S Mon Jul 02, 2012 8:12 pm

The thing is even PSG offered 10m for Veratti but Veratti only wants Juventus..He has snubbed all other offers..

Actually this deal was all but done..But one of our youth player Ouasim Bouy refused to go the other way(Pescara) which is why negotiations stalled..

If we stay patient,we can get this done around August maybe..
S
S
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by Juveman17 Mon Jul 02, 2012 8:20 pm

Surag wrote:The thing is even PSG offered 10m for Veratti but Veratti only wants Juventus..He has snubbed all other offers..

Actually this deal was all but done..But one of our youth player Ouasim Bouy refused to go the other way(Pescara) which is why negotiations stalled..

If we stay patient,we can get this done around August maybe..

Hopefully.........
Juveman17
Juveman17
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Luca Mon Jul 02, 2012 11:05 pm

It's just an expression, trying to get any club to overpay by a lot if they want him.

With all due respect for Pescara, they are a newly promoted club, receiving millions for a player of theirs is a good thing, because his value could easily drop after this season.

It's just a ploy, Pastore like effort

Luca
J Council Master

Back to top Go down

Post by Cotes Mon Jul 02, 2012 11:42 pm

not that no one could afford him but no one was willing to pay the amount they put on him...
Cotes
Cotes
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by stefanobada Tue Jul 03, 2012 12:14 am

Luca wrote:It's just an expression, trying to get any club to overpay by a lot if they want him.

With all due respect for Pescara, they are a newly promoted club, receiving millions for a player of theirs is a good thing, because his value could easily drop after this season.

It's just a ploy, Pastore like effort

Exactly
stefanobada
stefanobada
Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by S Thu Jul 05, 2012 2:47 pm

Well now there are reports saying Veratti to PSG for 12m on a 3 year contract..

This is what his agent said
Verratti's agent:Leonardo is very convincing, Marco prefers PSG over Juve.He told this to RMC

There are reports that suggest he has agreed terms as well..

mercenary kid..at one moment he says he is a juventus fan and idolizes Alex and when money talks he "prefers" PSG to Juve..

Laughing :facepalm:
S
S
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by inderbaby Thu Jul 05, 2012 3:07 pm

Surag wrote:Well now there are reports saying Veratti to PSG for 12m on a 3 year contract..

This is what his agent said
Verratti's agent:Leonardo is very convincing, Marco prefers PSG over Juve.He told this to RMC

There are reports that suggest he has agreed terms as well..

mercenary kid..at one moment he says he is a juventus fan and idolizes Alex and when money talks he "prefers" PSG to Juve..

Laughing :facepalm:

12m for a kid that's only played in Serie B :facepalm:

Good luck to him a PSG...Pogba all the way smoking

inderbaby
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Juventude Thu Jul 05, 2012 3:42 pm

Poor decision on so many levels by Verratti and Pescara. I think this will hurt Verratti's development as a regista. This also damages Pescara's relations with fellow Italian clubs. If Pescara is selling him for 12 million now, they could have gotten 6 from a club like Juve this summer and probably more next summer if Verratti had a good year.

I guess they must really need cash now or they're worried that Verratti may lose value if he performs poorly or they get sent back down to Serie B after this season and they lose a lot of bargaining power.

It's very disappointing that another talented player from Serie A is heading to PSG because they have more money to spend. I really hope that Serie A starts turning things around soon.
Juventude
Juventude
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Luca Thu Jul 05, 2012 3:50 pm

Serie A 2012.... when PSG is more attractive than staying in Italy Sad

Last edited by Luca on Thu Jul 05, 2012 3:54 pm; edited 1 time in total

Luca
J Council Master

Back to top Go down

Post by Juveman17 Thu Jul 05, 2012 3:50 pm

:facepalm:

If this is true than *bleep* Verratti.
Juveman17
Juveman17
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by jibers Thu Jul 05, 2012 5:47 pm

Why would he want to got to Juve, a team that isla and asamoah are joining as well, when he can get more money at PSG and more chances of first team football? Plus Pogba is going there. Juves mf is too stacked.
jibers
jibers
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by Tomwin Lannister Thu Jul 05, 2012 6:18 pm

jibers wrote: Why would he want to got to Juve, a team that isla and asamoah are joining as well, when he can get more money at PSG and more chances of first team football? Plus Pogba is going there. Juves mf is too stacked.

Verratti says Del Piero was his idol and Pirlo is his idol. I also assume this means he's a Juventus fan with the Del Piero comment (I could be wrong). He would be learning under his idol and when Pirlo retires Verratti would most likely be his direct replacement. Not Pogba or Isla etc etc.
Tomwin Lannister
Tomwin Lannister
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by S Thu Jul 05, 2012 6:23 pm

TomJuve wrote:I also assume this means he's a Juventus fan with the Del Piero comment (I could be wrong).

No-one could afford Verratti 578145_318802841527430_188738035_n
S
S
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Tomwin Lannister Thu Jul 05, 2012 6:57 pm

Surag wrote:
TomJuve wrote:I also assume this means he's a Juventus fan with the Del Piero comment (I could be wrong).

No-one could afford Verratti 578145_318802841527430_188738035_n

Good find, well this sums it up really. It's up to him and he could very well chose to decline the psg offer.
Tomwin Lannister
Tomwin Lannister
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by S Thu Jul 05, 2012 10:49 pm

Well Leonardo and Carlo are convincing him hard to join them there in Paris.

Plus 2m a season in wages for a 19 year old youngster is hard to turn down for him i suppose.

Apparently this is what his agent said

Between Juventus and PSG, Marco chose the words of Leonardo, which were very important.

“He showed him the playing philosophy of the future at PSG and Marco subscribed to it. He will also have more playing time in PSG than he would have at Juventus.”
Meanwhile, the player's agent Di Campli also intimated that Leonardo played a big part in negotiations.

Well maybe we could've upped our offer a bit more earlier instead of playing hardball with them and using Veratti's willingness to join us over any other club in Italy(he reportedly snubbed offers from Inter and Napoli) to bring the price down.

Over is over now..I dont want us to hijack the deal and end up overpaying for him,i mean anything over 10m for a Serie B youngster is just too much when we're running on a tight budget and have other important areas to address.

S
S
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Luca Fri Jul 06, 2012 4:06 am

I don't mind that he isn't signing for Juventus, I mind that he is leaving Italy.
Speaks volumes about the condition of the league when two of the brightest players (Mario and now Marco) cannot even find a place.

Albeit, we can all brush aside Balotelli leaving because of his own 'special' [to be respectful] circumstances. However, Verratti could have done wonders at Roma, with Juventus, with AC Milan. He could have stayed at Pescara- since at a time, this was his ultimate goal anyways.

From what I know, Pescara has accepting the offer and now it is up to Verratti to decide. I hope he has a change of heart but if he doesn't, so be it. His decision in the end.

Luca
J Council Master

Back to top Go down

Post by Eivindo Sat Jul 07, 2012 6:52 pm

Its all about money these days Sad
Eivindo
Eivindo
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by donttreadonred Sun Jul 08, 2012 4:08 pm

This is disappointing on many levels.

It's hard to say that he would be making the "wrong" decision taking the money and going to PSG, but it contradicts all the notions of romantic fandom and aspirations of playing for your favorite club. I can't in good conscience tell a 19 year-old to forgo money in a line of work where your career could effectively end during any given sequence of play. However, from a supporter's perspective it is hard to imagine turning down the opportunity to ploy for your favorite club while making a considerable sum of money, even if it is less than offered elsewhere.

I also firmly believe that leaving Italy will change him as a player. Bear in mind, I haven't seen him play much, as it is difficult to catch Serie B matches where I'm from. But, I have heard that he has the makings of a young Pirlo-esque regista. If he moves to France, I can see him changing to a B2B cm or even an advanced playmaker. Other than in Spain, the art of the deep-lying playmaker is dying, and I simply don't see him developing that part of his game learning from Pastore at PSG. At Juve, he could study under one of the greatest modern registas to ever grace a pitch.

While he might get more real game time at PSG, he's only 19... It's unlikely he'll feature prominently for any top-tier team. Realistically, any large club acquiring him now is making a move for the future. He will likely be disappointed by how much he actually plays.

I've said this in other areas on the forum, but I don't see the competition for midfield places as a large factor against Verratti. His only real competition is a 33 year-old, master of the game. Isla and Asamoah were brought in as immediate first-team cover for Vidal and Marchisio. Neither can really fill the role Pirlo plays for the team. (Truthfully, I don't think anyone short of Xabi Alonso or Xavi can. It's far too specialized and performed at too high a level.) They may very well be called to fill the position in the coming season, but they can't fill the role. Even Pogba isn't the type of player that will fill that particular role. Again, he strikes me as filling the Marchisio/Vidal role, though likely a future-oriented acquisition. This means that Verratti would really have the "Pirlo role" all to himself should he develop to a sufficient level. Therefore, I don't buy the "Juve's midfield is too crowded" argument.
donttreadonred
donttreadonred
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by S Sun Jul 08, 2012 4:16 pm

This deal is still on hold..Veratti still wants Juve.Fee had been agreed long back and by now he should've been a PSG player but he's not ,personal terms havent been agreed and negotiations are stalling in the process.

Its basically Pescara directors indirectly begging us to up our offer..

Marotta is trolling them hard ! Laughing
S
S
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by donttreadonred Sun Jul 08, 2012 4:29 pm

Surag wrote:This deal is still on hold..Veratti still wants Juve.Fee had been agreed long back and by now he should've been a PSG player but he's not ,personal terms havent been agreed and negotiations are stalling in the process.

Its basically Pescara directors indirectly begging us to up our offer..

Marotta is trolling them hard ! Laughing

Good news. What are we if not eternally hopeful? Very Happy
donttreadonred
donttreadonred
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by stefanobada Sun Jul 08, 2012 5:03 pm

donttreadonred wrote:This is disappointing on many levels.

It's hard to say that he would be making the "wrong" decision taking the money and going to PSG, but it contradicts all the notions of romantic fandom and aspirations of playing for your favorite club. I can't in good conscience tell a 19 year-old to forgo money in a line of work where your career could effectively end during any given sequence of play. However, from a supporter's perspective it is hard to imagine turning down the opportunity to ploy for your favorite club while making a considerable sum of money, even if it is less than offered elsewhere.

I also firmly believe that leaving Italy will change him as a player. Bear in mind, I haven't seen him play much, as it is difficult to catch Serie B matches where I'm from. But, I have heard that he has the makings of a young Pirlo-esque regista. If he moves to France, I can see him changing to a B2B cm or even an advanced playmaker. Other than in Spain, the art of the deep-lying playmaker is dying, and I simply don't see him developing that part of his game learning from Pastore at PSG. At Juve, he could study under one of the greatest modern registas to ever grace a pitch.

While he might get more real game time at PSG, he's only 19... It's unlikely he'll feature prominently for any top-tier team. Realistically, any large club acquiring him now is making a move for the future. He will likely be disappointed by how much he actually plays.

I've said this in other areas on the forum, but I don't see the competition for midfield places as a large factor against Verratti. His only real competition is a 33 year-old, master of the game. Isla and Asamoah were brought in as immediate first-team cover for Vidal and Marchisio. Neither can really fill the role Pirlo plays for the team. (Truthfully, I don't think anyone short of Xabi Alonso or Xavi can. It's far too specialized and performed at too high a level.) They may very well be called to fill the position in the coming season, but they can't fill the role. Even Pogba isn't the type of player that will fill that particular role. Again, he strikes me as filling the Marchisio/Vidal role, though likely a future-oriented acquisition. This means that Verratti would really have the "Pirlo role" all to himself should he develop to a sufficient level. Therefore, I don't buy the "Juve's midfield is too crowded" argument.

I tank you make a great point . In all honesty very few players grew up with the dream of playing for PSG or Man city. They go there knowing the money is good and that the team will also be buying other top players which gives them a better chance of winning . If the teams can consistently win with there new found fortunes you may have the youth of today growing up with the dreams of playing for these teams
stefanobada
stefanobada
Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Tomwin Lannister Sun Jul 08, 2012 5:25 pm

Apparantly Pescara chairman is having a moan at Juventus for not bumping offer up, they'd rather sell to an italian club. It's on goal.com but i'm in a rush I can't post a link sorry.
Tomwin Lannister
Tomwin Lannister
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Juveman17 Sun Jul 08, 2012 5:28 pm

TomJuve wrote:Apparantly Pescara chairman is having a moan at Juventus for not bumping offer up, they'd rather sell to an italian club. It's on goal.com but i'm in a rush I can't post a link sorry.

I got it
Juveman17
Juveman17
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down