Red Alert
BeautifulGame
stevieg8
McAgger
Nishankly
Art Morte
10 posters

Go down

New Season, New Ideas, New Format, a Fresh start Empty New Season, New Ideas, New Format, a Fresh start

Post by Guest Sat Jul 07, 2012 10:12 pm

No, this thread is not about our playing staff...it's more about Goal-Legacy's Liverpool playing staff.

Sadly, last season's enthusiasm died down pretty quickly due to some key members disappearing, me going to Europe and losing track of GL, and bad performances that killed our momentum to keep a brilliant factual thread going forward.

For this season however, I have some great ideas and I am sure this year, it'll be better for following reasons:
- I will actually will work as LFC Editor of a website that I will reveal its name later, so I HAVE TO do previews, analysis, statistics stuff...so I have to be committed to the Work this time around. no matter where I am

- We have learnt from our last years' mistakes, and will not make the same ones again

- It's hard to imagine that LFC will perform worse in the league than last year, hence I think we'll have something to look forward to Razz

-------------------------------------------------------------------
NOW HERE ARE MY PROPOSALS....Feel Free to Discuss them:

- A General Pre-Game Thread, A General Post-Game thread
Last year, almost half of our pre-game threads didn't have more than 4 posts in them. Frankly, it was embarrassing. There was not a single thread for our FA Cup Semi-final. The myth about who creates the thread and how it affects our result on the pitch, while fun, basically excluded 90% of us from creating threads because we didn't wanna be known as jinx-masters. Hence I propose a general Pre-game thread, and for every coming game, we'll make a write up and discuss it. Same applies to post-game threads. That way, we'll avoid the 3 liners, or 3 post threads that flood the forum, make it less pretty, and we can follow the same routine all in one thread

- Performance Thread + Stats.
I propose we have them both in one thread. I will do the Performance thread which will include:
Line up, venue, referee, goals, assists, player ratings (everyone will rate), highlights, etc...and poolsupporter will provide us with the stats for that game as he is the stat-master after all. The line ups will be done in picture format as opposed to typing them down ....and an online rating survey will be provided for each game, that you have 4 days to cast your votes, and we'll average out the score for every single player.

I will provide more updates for this thread...but feel free to discuss now

Back to top Go down

New Season, New Ideas, New Format, a Fresh start Empty Re: New Season, New Ideas, New Format, a Fresh start

Post by Art Morte Sun Jul 08, 2012 2:59 am

A General Pre-Game Thread, A General Post-Game thread

I've never really liked it when there's been separate pre-game and post-game threads, so I'd rather have these two combined here as well. Sometimes you're bound to have pre-game discussions that carry on to post-game and changing threads for that is clumsy.

We could try a general thread for all of our match-related talk, some convos might have a longer life-span there. If it becomes confusing just go back to having a single thread for every game of ours.

- Performance Thread + Stats.
Gathering and updating stats is a lot of work. Obviously great if you're willing to give it a try, but if it at some point becomes too much shoveling ( don't ask me) maybe Selected Stats would work out better: picking out a few interesting stats from a match instead of the lot.

A random suggestion for a thread:
What Are Other LFC Forums Talking About

Whenever one of us feels like taking a peak into some other LFC forum, that person could pick out a thread or a quote or a string of conversation that he finds worth posting here for whatever reason (interesting, annoying, lulz etc.)

If were up for it, could also visit other club's forums for the match thread(s), I mean, our next opponent's forum and post here what they're talking about our fixture against them.
Art Morte
Art Morte
Forum legendest

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

New Season, New Ideas, New Format, a Fresh start Empty Re: New Season, New Ideas, New Format, a Fresh start

Post by Nishankly Tue Jul 10, 2012 2:10 pm

Ill be going to college this year, Will be missing so many games for the next 4 years.
Will be almost impossible to catch ANY football match forget Liverpool.

Depression is just around the corner. Sad
Nishankly
Nishankly
Spicy Curry

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Jul 10, 2012 2:31 pm

^ Everyone thinks like that in the beginning mate..but trust me, you'll end up skipping more classes than you attend. and you'll watch all LFC games !

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Tue Jul 10, 2012 3:20 pm

Hahah Sepi has the truth of it Nishy. LFC >> My Future. I've skipped so many classes in the past three years in Uni just to catch a LFC game.
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Reggina

Back to top Go down

Post by Nishankly Tue Jul 10, 2012 4:50 pm

The problem is that the college wifi is horrible, India is full of plastic United and Chelsea fans, Im in the minority. And home is around 2500kms away.

So its difficult Sad
Nishankly
Nishankly
Spicy Curry

Back to top Go down

Post by stevieg8 Tue Jul 10, 2012 6:33 pm

the wifi problem could cause issues, but i have to tell you it's not hard to watch games at university... even when you DO go to class, just bring your laptop and mute it. that's what i do.
stevieg8
stevieg8
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Tue Jul 10, 2012 7:08 pm

stevieg8 wrote:the wifi problem could cause issues, but i have to tell you it's not hard to watch games at university... even when you DO go to class, just bring your laptop and mute it. that's what i do.

Yeah especially in the past the CL games that were on weekdays, I always watched during lectures.
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Reggina

Back to top Go down

Post by BeautifulGame Tue Jul 10, 2012 10:26 pm

Midway through last year i changed my profession (IT to Bank).So really couldnt spend much time on GL.

Hopefully now that i have settled on i can hhopefully spend more time on here.

@Nishank

I can understand ur trouble i faced similar problem during my college days too Very Happy .One solution is buy a 3g data card if possible and use it only for online stream if the wi5 is slow.
BeautifulGame
BeautifulGame
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Red Alert Tue Jul 10, 2012 11:23 pm

Could we not just have one thread for the pre-game and post games?

Red Alert
Red Alert
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by RedOranje Tue Jul 10, 2012 11:27 pm

I believe that's one Sepi's suggested, one thread per match.
RedOranje
RedOranje
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Red Alert Tue Jul 10, 2012 11:30 pm

Oh.
Red Alert
Red Alert
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Jul 10, 2012 11:31 pm

I meant, One GENERAL Pre....and One GENERAL Post

so no more LFC vs WBA
n then LFC vs City, etc....

All Previews in one thread (which will b e very long by end of season) and one for post.

because last season.... 50% of post-pre threads were less than 5 posts

Back to top Go down

Post by RedOranje Tue Jul 10, 2012 11:45 pm

I'd say one thread per match makes far more sense. Discussion about formations and potential line-ups pre-match can flow directly into comments during the match and analysis post-match. Having one large thread for all pre-match posts would be confusing as the season wore on, as discussions would bleed together.
RedOranje
RedOranje
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sri Wed Jul 11, 2012 1:32 am

Nishank wrote:The problem is that the college wifi is horrible, India is full of plastic United and Chelsea fans, Im in the minority. And home is around 2500kms away.

So its difficult Sad

Lol! I am an Arsenal fan and I know what you mean about the plastics! But you are always bound to find some Liverpool fans - you never walk alone and all Wink There was a sizeable loyal bunch of those in my college too..

Regarding the games -> We used to watch it on TV at the hostels.. ESPN or Star Sports airs the games every weekend as long as there is no tennis or cricket at the same time (not sure if Neo or Ten Sports has bought the rights since)..

You should pick up a fast 3G type data card connection too.. Then you can do live streams.. Thats what I did when the match wasn't on TV, though in my days, it was still those CDMA-type slow data cards (I had to rely on minute-by-minute updates)..

Ofcourse, in final year, bunch of us contributed and got a Tata Sky connection and used it with a TV tuner card on the laptop.. Best option ever! Smile

PM me if you want further tips Smile

Sri
Wer ko, der ko

Club Supported : RO Blank

Back to top Go down

Post by Nishankly Wed Jul 11, 2012 4:27 am

srigooner wrote:
Nishank wrote:The problem is that the college wifi is horrible, India is full of plastic United and Chelsea fans, Im in the minority. And home is around 2500kms away.

So its difficult Sad

Lol! I am an Arsenal fan and I know what you mean about the plastics! But you are always bound to find some Liverpool fans - you never walk alone and all Wink There was a sizeable loyal bunch of those in my college too..

Regarding the games -> We used to watch it on TV at the hostels.. ESPN or Star Sports airs the games every weekend as long as there is no tennis or cricket at the same time (not sure if Neo or Ten Sports has bought the rights since)..

You should pick up a fast 3G type data card connection too.. Then you can do live streams.. Thats what I did when the match wasn't on TV, though in my days, it was still those CDMA-type slow data cards (I had to rely on minute-by-minute updates)..

Ofcourse, in final year, bunch of us contributed and got a Tata Sky connection and used it with a TV tuner card on the laptop.. Best option ever! Smile

PM me if you want further tips Smile

Im yet to find any Liverpool fan till now and seeing the bunch of Chelsea and united ones, It seems impossible to watch the matches considering most of them will be on same time.

3g stick is difficult as the college itself is a part of a university city. So none of these companies have reached there yet. The ones that have cant provide the decent signal for streaming purposes.

Anyways ill try something there. Sad

InbeforeRedsaysstayontopic.

On topic, how about an off topic Liverpool thread? I think Red is opposed to that idea Mad
Nishankly
Nishankly
Spicy Curry

Back to top Go down

Post by Nishankly Tue Jul 31, 2012 8:26 am

Im back bitches, Did you miss me? Sad
Nishankly
Nishankly
Spicy Curry

Back to top Go down

Post by RedOranje Tue Jul 31, 2012 1:00 pm

You were gone? :p

Really though, it's great to have you back. Thumbs up
RedOranje
RedOranje
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by poolsupporter Tue Jul 31, 2012 7:42 pm

As I stated in the other thread, life has been rather chaotic off late. However, I move into my new place in the first week of September and once everything is setup, I plan on getting back to regular posting.

With that said though, I did lose a lot of interest in this place as a whole for a while there. (Not the LFC section) I know most of you will say to stay out of other sections, but I enjoy keeping up with football stuff that doesn't relate to LFC.
poolsupporter
poolsupporter
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by RedOranje Tue Jul 31, 2012 7:47 pm

Welcome back to you too. We certainly missed the both of you. Glad to have you guys back.
RedOranje
RedOranje
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by donttreadonred Tue Jul 31, 2012 10:15 pm

I really prefer the individual match threads to a general, running pre-match or post-match. It would be too confusing as to which match posts referred to, and there's no good way to insert a divider between match conversation.

I think the problem was less about format and more about interest. People either didn't feel like discussing the matches, or they didn't feel like repeating the same complaints week-in week-out.
donttreadonred
donttreadonred
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Red Alert Wed Aug 01, 2012 4:48 am

Can we have a "Defence thread", "Midfield thread" and "Forward thread"

Thought that was a good idea last time, but the whole LFC section got inactive last season (or season before) and no one posted. Sad
Red Alert
Red Alert
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Art Morte Wed Aug 01, 2012 5:10 am

ynwa wrote:Can we have a "Defence thread", "Midfield thread" and "Forward thread"

Thought that was a good idea last time, but the whole LFC section got inactive last season (or season before) and no one posted. Sad

I'd rather have just one "Player Performance" or whatever thread, I don't think it's going to help our section's activity if we chop subjects to little pieces.
Art Morte
Art Morte
Forum legendest

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down